Trapped in a Game Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Honestly it hurt so much I thought I would pass out, but Serra's mocking laughter about the face I was making as the pain ripped through me was enough to spur me into fighting on with the wound.

I did notice however that later that day, as we were getting ready for bed in our lodging back in Valhalla, Serra kept examining the area where I'd been wounded with an expression of concern that felt so peculiar, coming from her, that it was just a bit unsettling.

As odd as it was though, the change was endearing, so I refrained from teasing her over it.

On the second day, as we were preparing to take on the leader of the orc group, a team of adventurers tried to beat us to the punch, and by the time we got to the main camp, they were already in combat with the tribe.

"Stupid bitches," Serra muttered, and I studied the scene with a little hint of worry.

"They don't seem to be doing too well," I noted. "Should we help?"

"Hah. They were trying to poach us, Josh. Why the hell should we?" she asked, incredulously.

"What if someone dies?" I asked, and she shrugged as she studied the scene.

"Then it's their fault for being stupid. Doesn't look like anyone's dying. Let's just wait till they get beaten up and leave," she muttered nonchalantly.

Despite my concern she was right, and pretty soon they left in pretty bad shape, and we moved in to finish up what we'd started.

As we moved on the camp, I had to admit that Serra's continued brilliance in finding unique ways to take out our enemies impressed me to no end.

We took out an entire unit of orc riders, by drawing them out of their camp and up unto a rocky crag. Using some of my various utility spells we cut holes in the rocks and I used illusion, to conceal them, and as the riders rode over the traps, they fell from their mounts and Serra and I dispatched them with ease.

Then there was an entire orc village we took out by slicing large chunks of rock from a cliff face, and hurling them by combining Serra's feather weight spell with my new catapult spell.

These were fights that would have taken five or six players and much longer periods of time.

"Ready?" Serra muttered, and I gave a nod in response.

"Whispers of the void," I muttered, summoning a shadowy veil over the camp as we entered.

I activated my shade spell and taking Serra's hand we slipped into the camp, striking down orc after terrified orc.

By the time the chief was aware of the attack, most of the camp had been cleared.

The chief required a bit more care though, as he would most likely be resistant to my fear tactics, and would fight relentlessly even in the darkness of my shade spell.

As he emerged from the large tent ahead, I sent an illusion of myself charging at him.

He braced to defend the blow which passed harmless through him, but Serra was on the heels of my image, and struck the chief's left leg with her smite empowered strike.

She turned and ducked, shielding her eyes as I shot a brilliant spark of light just over her head, blinding the chief who was poised to strike at her.

She spun, and aimed her blow this time at his chest, crashing hard into the heavy armor that he wore, but knocking him back.

He shook his head, then swung at Serra, who rolled out of the way just as I moved in to join the assault.

Concentrate, I told myself, as I tried to cast my mark, not on the chief himself, but on an unprotected spot on the Chief's armor clad body.

My mark shimmered over a vital exposed area, and I took aim before striking with my rapier.

The blow hit hard, and the chief staggered, dazed by the blow, but Serra didn't give him time to recover.

Her smite-empowered war hammer fell directly upon his helmet clad head, and he fell to the ground, motionless, with a thud.

That was almost too easy, I thought to myself, and from the huge smile on Serra's face I knew she was pretty pleased with how we were doing as well.

"Congratulations Josh, you almost don't suck!" she called happily, and I gestured rudely at her before setting off to search the chief's tent.

We made a lot on valuables, and Serra, apparently in a celebratory mood led me to a nearby village instead of heading back to Valhalla.

"Come on- this was where I started out," she called enthusiastically, and I noted that it looked almost identical to my own starting village; where I last saw Kelly, my mind couldn't help but noting.

I followed her past the bridge to the familiar clearing on the outskirts of the village, and she continued leading me into the woods to a little grove.

"You know that most of the S-rank player's died on the first day, right?" she asked, and I nodded as we came to a halt. "When I played the tutorial, I questioned the woodcutter and heard about a rumor; there was a dangerous boar which had killed an adventurer near a grove just outside of town, and since it was frequently seen around the area, the adventurer's belongings remained there, untouched. I thought it sounded like it would be some pretty neat gear to set out with, so- I went for it. Didn't even pick a class yet, just took a spear I got from the old woodcutter, and went in."

I studied her, noting the fearful look in her eye as she spoke.

"It was a pretty easy kill. I had it wounded in a few hits, but I got cocky and it managed to catch me with a glance. I didn't expect it to hurt, and I was still reeling from the blow when it charged at me again. I almost gave up- thought I could just die, respawn, then log out of this fucked up bugged game and sue someone."

She bent down to the ground, and smiled bitterly.

"I almost died- right here," she muttered, "all by myself, with not so much as a friend to mourn me if I was gone."

I went over to her and patted her on the head reassuringly.

"You're not alone now," I muttered supportively, and she looked up at me with glossy eyes.

"I keep telling you, idiot- I'm not your kid sister," she muttered, wiping quickly at her eyes as she composed herself, but this time she didn't swat my hand away, so I kept petting her softly as she sat there, lost in her thoughts.

We ended up setting up camp in the clearing outside of town, and as we got ready for bed Serra shot me a telling mischievous glance.

"Oh boy- not again," I muttered, and she frowned at me with a playful pout.

"I have needs, you know," she responded defiantly, and I sighed with a reluctant stretch:

"Fine- what do you need, another foot rub?"

"That depends- will you suck on my toes this time?" she asked seductively, and I tilted my head at her request in disbelief.

"What now?" I asked, and she laughed teasingly at my reaction.

"Actually- I kind of have something else in mind," she muttered impishly, and I studied her with trepidation.

"What fresh hell awaits me?" I asked, making a show of my despair.

"Soo... you know that spell I made you learn? Make corporeal?"

"Uh-huh."

"Well- let's say using it in combat is not exactly what I had in mind," she muttered suggestively, her tone turning surprisingly shy. It actually worried me slightly because if she had doubts that I would acquiesce to her request, it implied that I was about to hear something pretty outlandish, even by her standards.

"Okay- use minor illusion to make an image of yourself over there."

I studied her for a moment, then did as she requested.

"Now cast 'make corporeal' on the image," she continued, and I complied despite my hesitation, as a few ideas of what she had in mind were now taking form in my head.

"Dominate," she muttered with an almost hungry smile, and I gasped as I suddenly lost control of the image of myself I'd created.

"Oh boy," I muttered, as she began to undress in front of my image. "Can I sit this one out?" I asked, and she shook her head emphatically.

"Not a chance, lover boy!"

She quickly undressed my image, and ordered him to lay down, casting me a flirtatious smile as she stroked his cock teasingly.

"I'm not breaking any rules- am I?" she asked innocently, and I shook my head disapprovingly at her.

She eyed my clone's cock hungrily as she bent down to wrap her mouth around the firm rod and she sucked on it, deliberately making eye contact with me, before withdrawing to climb above its erect member.

"Does it unsettle you, Josh? Seeing me 'have my way' with your very image?" she asked tauntingly, and I shrugged.

"Not as much as I thought it would. Probably because he doesn't look like I really do and part of me refuses to see that image as myself," I muttered with a satisfied smile, and she pouted.

"You're no fun- you're supposed to be all like, 'noo, Serra. Please, I'll do anything- just stop fucking me,'" she continued, but as she sunk herself onto the length of my copy's cock, she shuddered a little, before muttering a dazed little, "oh my."

I sighed.

"Well- how am I doing over there?" I asked sarcastically, and Serra bit her lip as she began to rock her hips, moving her body back and forth along the length of my copy's engorged cock.

"Not bad- though I regret to admit that I do so miss your foot rub," she muttered, her voice now thick and husky as her breathing became tense.

Her large breasts swayed as she moved, and as I noted the consistency of the movements I began to pay attention to the way she was working her body against me; her rhythmic movements almost picture perfect.

With her unrealistically well-proportioned body and those smooth, luscious movements she looked like a seasoned porn-star, and I was quickly finding my own breath a little choked up in my throat.

My tongue did a little dance behind my lips and I cleared my throat as an idea came to me:

"Relinquish control," I muttered, and Serra paused to study the look in my eyes as my right hand glowed softly.

"Hmn? Fine, then," she responded, as she submitted to my request to give up her control of my copy, but she gave a surprised shriek as I immediately made it sit up, pushing her forward and off of his lap.

"Hey- what gives?" she asked with an annoyed pout, only to shriek again as the copy grabbed ahold of her hair and pulled her roughly into a kneeling position in front of him.

At my command, he wrapped an arm about her body and pulled her close, then using his knees, spead her legs wide before pressing her head down to the floor.

"Ohhhh," came the long satisfied moan from her lips, as the head of his ridiculously proportioned cock rested against her lips for a second, before slowly, and deliberately sinking all of the way into her well lubricated cunt.

"What did I do to deserve this gift," Serra muttered appreciatively, locking her eyes on me with a devilish look of lust.

I shrugged, then had my clone give her hair a little tug as he thrusted roughly into her, and she grunted obscenely in response.

He was resting his weight onto her now, while the hand which wrapped about her was grasping one of those beautiful honey shade colored breasts, tweaking the dark nipple at the center while pulling her body tight with each quick, rough thrust.

As Serra's screams grew louder, I picked up the intensity of his pace and her individual 'ohs,' were quickly blurring into one long screaming moan, punctuated with the little huffs of breath that came with the meaty loud slaps each time their bodies collided.

She began to roll her hips to meet his thrusts, and as her lewd screams built to a crescendo her feet curled back and her body arched delightfully, going tense as she came hard.

Little shivers ran through her body, and I had my clone hold her a little more gently while he continued to thrust, softly but with a steady rhythm, prolonging her orgasmic bliss for as long as I could manage.

She finally withdrew from my clone and collapsed onto the ground, her breathing labored, but her eyes still on me.

I dismissed him with a wave of my hand, and he vanished into nothingness.

"Wow," she muttered, between sharp labored breaths, before looking up at the tent's ceiling with a huge smile on her face. "I know that was virtual sex with a lifeless copy of a still not actual human being, but that was so good, I think I'm going to count it as the time I lost my virginity."

She glanced sideways at me, before adding: "Is it just me or are you really fucking good at that?" and despite myself I blushed at the compliment.

"It's a lot easier to control everything when you aren't distracted by how good it feels- I guess," I muttered embarrassedly, and she giggled.

"I'm now convinced that your ex-wife is the dumbest bitch in existence," she added, and I smiled at her with a little shrug.

She caught her breath then crawled over to me resting her head on my lap.

"Get some clothes on," I muttered with a scold, and she begrudgingly complied before curling back up next to me.

"Did she get foot rubs and amazing sex like that?"

"I'm not that good in bed," I muttered somewhat dejectedly, before adding: "but she did get foot rubs almost every night... until she started getting all distant on me that is," and Serra shook her head disapprovingly.

"Cuddle me," she demanded, and I smiled a little:

"Yes mistress," I muttered teasingly as I complied.

"You're spoiling me, Josh," Serra muttered, her tone taking a strangely despondent tone, and I pulled her tightly into a warm hug.

It didn't take long for her to drift off to sleep, and I followed her not too long after.

***

The next day for breakfast I decided to cook something instead of settling for another generic ration, much to Serra's delight.

"If I knew this stuff was so good I'd have made you cook for me every day!" she beamed, and I grimaced disparagingly at my further decent into servitude.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked, and she considered it.

"Well- I really wanted to get another magic item for you, but waiting around isn't exactly my forte. There is something we can do, but I need you to be better at sneaking before we can press on."

"I could multiclass to rogue," I offered, and she shook her head.

"You'd be paying a ton for basic level skills at this stage. A magic item or two would be cheaper."

We were still deliberating the matter when we noticed a small group of three players passing through the little village.

Serra took up to chatting with them, and found out about a hill giant nest nearby.

"Hm- are we doing it?" I asked?

She shook her head.

"Your rapier's critical hits won't be as effective against larger creatures, and my advantage against unholy creatures won't be of any use. We'd be at a disadvantage- besides. Something is up with them. They gave me that info way too easily. Info like that can go for a couple thousand gold easy."

"Oh."

"Might have been interesting to track them- if either of us could track," she shrugged, and gave a little smile.

After considering our prospects, we got ready to leave the little village, when a bit of a commotion erupted.

"What the hell..?" I muttered, as two players came dashing towards the little village, and the earth began to shake and quiver beneath our feet.

We left the clearing to climb a nearby hill, and as we cleared the summit we caught sight of a spectacularly large creature; A hill giant, standing some fifteen to twenty feet tall, was running in wide, earth shaking bounds, towards the village, where I now noted the two players who had come running in were panting, and trying to catch their breaths.

"It's gonna catch them," I muttered, and Serra nodded blankly.

"Probably some noobs who just learned that kiting doesn't work on a hill giant," she added with a chuckle.

She was just turning away from the scene, when something came to my attention:

"Are those kids?" I asked, and she turned back, taking a closer look.

"That's impossible, this game was rated mature and there were way too many checks for any kids to slip past."

But as she studied the scene below she noticed as I had, the youthful appearances of the two characters who were now, in a panic, trying to hide amongst the few little houses that littered the tiny starting village.

"Could players design themselves to look like that?" I asked, and Serra shook her head again.

"Did you have the option to set your age, weight or height?"

I considered the question.

There was a lot that the game selected automatically about our players that were based on the calibration phase. A lot of people might think that this was pretty limiting, but according to Kelly, in the beta test, a lot of players reported feeling incredibly uneasy when their game avatars deviated significantly from the appearance of their actual selves.

Serra stooped down a bit, and considered the scene.

"Let's help them," I offered, and she cracked a wry smile.

"There's no guarantee that we can beat a giant in an open area like this. We have no terrain advantages to use, and nothing to stop him from just crushing us to death."

"Are you going to stand here and watch them die then?" I asked, and she looked at me indecisively.

Kelly wouldn't want me to die, I knew that- but she also would never be happy with me knowing that I watched others get killed without doing a thing to save them.

"Josh- wait!" Serra yelled, as I took off for the houses below, which the giant was now tearing apart as he chased the two youngsters.

Quick, I thought to myself, come up with a plan.

The giant was attacking with a gigantic stone hammer; basically a boulder attached to the end of what appeared to be an actual tree trunk.

Maybe I could slice through the trunk with my slice spell, and destroy his weapon? I thought.

As the giant swung his hammer down on the young boy, he rolled just barely out of the way, spurring me into action.

Downward swings- I just needed to evade one swing and keep my footing to cast the slice spell, targeting the tree trunk that was the handle of his war hammer.

I took a deep breath then went for it.

"Over here!" I shouted, trying to draw the giant's attention away from the boy who was now sobbing, and lying in a heap before the creature.

He turned to me, and I readied myself.

But as he lifted the weapon, his swing was not aimed downwards at me, but in a great horizontal sweep.

Fuck, I thought to myself as the great club came swinging at me from the right.

There was no way I was going to get out of the range of the arc, and evading something as large as a tree trunk was out of the question.

I placed my hand to the ground, casting the earth tremor spell, but the swing, though faltering, still came at me with serious force and I braced for the impact when a figure suddenly slipped to my side:

"Shield," she muttered, and a brilliant yellow rune-shaped shield appeared before us just as the Giant's blow landed, and the lights immediately shattered into a million pieces as the hammer collided with it, the force from the blow knocking us to the ground.

I rolled, coughing as I tried to catch my breath, and clutching at my side which throbbed painfully.

"Serra!" I called, going over to her, and she was struggling to get to her feet as well.

Her spell had saved me, but we'd both been wounded nonetheless.

"Just when I thought you were growing a brain," she muttered, before pulling me with her to the tentative cover of a little hut.

The hut shattered into a mess of wood and stone as the hammer crashed into it, and we were shaken off of our feet by the impact of the blow.

"Brilliant strike," Serra muttered, and a beam of light shot out of her hand, striking the giant in the head, causing it to stumble back a few steps.

"Run- Josh, what're you-?" Serra yelled, but I charged at the giant, and as he steadied himself, his hammer resting on the ground, I dashed to it: