Treasure Ch. 01-05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm sorry, Treasure, the suspension goes into effect today for one calendar year minimum. You can ask for a hearing next November." November... the season would be over. She would be a junior before she could play the game she loved again. The loss of her favorite sport hurt more than the loss of school.

"I understand," she said as she looked down at her hands in her lap. "I wouldn't want me around either. Excuse me." She got up, tears rolling down her face, and almost ran to the door. Dawn got up to follow her, and before the door closed they could hear the sound of her throwing up into the garbage can in the lobby.

"You've broken her," Mark said. "You just took away her friends and the sport she loves."

"There are no winners in this situation, Mr. Olson." He took a folder from the counselor. "This explains how to enroll in the Minnesota Virtual High School. She can take the classes at her own pace, and instructors are available by chat and videoconference to assist her. I'm glad she chose this option, with the amount of school she missed, this gives her a good chance to catch up with her class."

"What about arts and sports? She started drawing while she was in treatment."

"We can make arrangements for a teacher to meet her here for her art requirements, music as well. I'm afraid it can't be at school, since she has been expelled she is not allowed on school property other than this building," the Principal explained.

"I will speak to the teachers we use for classes here and see when they are available," the counselor said. "If you cannot bring her for part of the day, we could look into home visits once a week for those classes. If you could register her this afternoon, I can stop in tomorrow morning and make sure she is able to navigate the courses and get started."

Ten minutes later, he joined his wife and daughter who were already waiting in the car. "I can't even watch Jenny play, can I?"

He shook his head no. "Not in this District," he said. "Come on, let's get you home."

By late afternoon, they had successfully enrolled her in the online high school and she had started her classes. At three, she logged out and went to get dressed in her running clothes. It was still in the 40's, not bad for the first week of November, and it had been way too long since she had been outdoors. "Going for a run," she told her Mom as she walked through the kitchen.

"Have fun, dinner is in two hours," she said.

Leaving the house, she started her mix on her iPod and put the earbuds in. She jogged to the street and started at a much slower than usual pace, letting her muscles warm up. She relaxed into the run, barely noticing the reactions of people as she was recognized.

She followed the winding roads towards school, taking a left instead of going straight when she got close since she wasn't allowed on their grounds. She was breathing hard, and she shook her head as she saw how bad her conditioning had deteriorated. By the time she got to the top of the hill overlooking the practice fields, she was spent. She slowed to a walk, hands on her hips as she tried to catch her breath. Finding a spot with a view of the practice fields, she watched Jenny play with the Varsity team as they got ready for the State Tournament.

She heard a car stop, then someone got out. "Miss Olson?"

She turned, it was a local police officer. "Yes?"

"We got a call, one of the neighbors was nervous about you being up here. Are you all right?"

She nodded. "I'm too out of shape to be running this far from home," she told him.

"Come on, I'll give you a ride home." As she got in the back of the cruiser, it struck her just how bad her life was now. Parents and students alike didn't want her around them.