Unexpected Love Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, I nearly forgot," I interjected. "I looked over the numbers and I can bring you on part time at the salon. Also, I happened to talk to Jeremy today." Jeremy was a kid who had been doing our lawn for years. "He's going to be leaving for college in the fall and called to let me know. I think it would be great for you to take over for him. Not just our yard but maybe all of them. It would be right up your alley."

"I like the sound of the yard work," Dylan said with a smile. "I'll have to think about the salon. Thanks for looking into it, Aunt Jane."

I noted how easily he reverted to calling me "Aunt Jane." Without reacting, I said, "Of course."

"If you'll excuse me," Dylan said, standing from the table. "I'm going to call Michelle and see if she'll talk to me. I haven't seen Raven since I've been here and I'd really like to at least hang out with her this weekend."

"Such a nice kid," Ron said once we were alone. "Why wasn't Luke like that?"

"I think he was when he wasn't getting into trouble. We were just too close to him to see it."

After gathering the dishes, Ron and I sat together and watched TV. When it was time for bed, I realized Dylan hadn't made an appearance since leaving us. Passing his room, I noted that the door was closed but could hear the TV on inside at a low level.

As Ron and I got ready for bed, I had a minor freak out. Ron was in the bathroom while I changed into sleepwear. I suddenly remembered that Dylan had moved his toiletries in there and I hadn't removed them. When Ron exited the bathroom, I let out a small sigh of relief that he didn't seem to notice. However, upon going in myself, I saw that everything had been removed leaving no sign that Dylan had been there.

Ron and I made love that night. Though the sex was decent in the way it had always been, I was aware of the lack of passion between us. If it hadn't been for Dylan, I don't think I would have ever noticed it. Even as I thought it, I chastised myself. I was married to a good guy who was in the process of making love to me and reasoned that I was only excited to have an attractive, young -- and rather well-endowed -- man interested in me. I quickly squashed those thoughts of self-deprecation. Not because I was conceited but I knew I was attractive in an average way. I was 5' 6" with shoulder length auburn hair and brown eyes. I had a few extra pounds on me but wasn't overweight by any means; it just worked to accent my curves. Even at 41 -- yes, we had Luke at an early age -- my breasts were still firm. They weren't overly large but, in the right bra, they produced a nice display that never failed to turn heads. When my girlfriends and I went out, I was often hit on by men of all ages. No, it was true: there was a lack of passion between me and Ron and what had happened with Dylan uncovered the fact.

Ron was home until the following Monday when he left again. We spent as much time together as possible. I did everything I could to rekindle the romance I felt we had lost and, to his credit, Ron did the same. Though we didn't mind Dylan's presence, he was able to get his daughter and told us he would be staying with his parents' Saturday night so they could spend time together. He hoped to spend some time Sunday with Michelle working things out as well and didn't expect to be back until that evening.

"I'll be taking that job you offered," Dylan said when he returned.

"Good," Ron said

"I know it's not what you want," I said. "But it'll be a start. What about the yard work?"

"I'll talk to Jeremy about it," he said. "Do you have his number?"

"Yeah. But he usually comes Monday afternoons. If you're not busy, just hang out here and talk to him in person."

"That's the other thing. She's letting me come back. I'm going to grab my stuff and get out of your hair."

"Oh." I didn't hide my surprise. "Tonight?"

Dylan beamed. "Yeah."

"That's great," Ron said.

"Yeah. It is." I hoped my voice sounded as upbeat as I was trying to make it.

"Anyway," Dylan continued. "I won't be here to meet Jeremy."

I had a thought and hoped it didn't sound too crazy. "If you're not working just come by. He doesn't usually show up until in the evening after school. Keep the key in case I'm not here."

He looked uncertain. "Are you sure?"

"I think that's a great idea," Ron said. "It sounds like a good opportunity. And who knows, maybe you'll be able to start your own landscaping business."

Dylan shook his head. "I don't think that'll happen. I don't have the smarts for that."

"Dylan," I said seriously. "You're smarter than you know."

Though I was expecting him to be there when I got home, I was still surprised to see Dylan's car in the driveway. When I entered the house, I could smell he had made dinner.

"Hey," he said when I entered the kitchen.

"So, how'd it go with Jeremy?" I asked

"He thinks it's a good idea. I already have some stuff scheduled so we can't do it for a few weeks but he's going to take me around and introduce me to the people he works for and tell them I'm taking over."

"That's great," I said as I poured myself a drink. "And whenever you have a few free hours, stop in to the salon and we'll get started with training."

With dinner ready, we talked as we ate as comfortably as we always had.

"I have to go," he said.

I thought I detected a bit of sadness in his voice that matched what I was feeling. Though I was happy he and his girlfriend were working through their issues, I would truly miss having him around.

"I'm sure Raven will be excited to see you." My voice sounded happier and stronger than I expected. I saw him reach into his pocket and pull out the spare key. "Keep it. You never know when you might need it. You can take a break here when you start doing yards if you want."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I am."

He closed the distance between us and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "Thanks."

"No problem."

12