Upstairs in the Garden

Story Info
Married couple stumbles upon a clothing-optional bar.
4k words
80.9k
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The last time that I was in Key West was almost 20 years ago when I was a junior in high school. My family and I had rented a place on one of the other keys and we'd driven down for the day. I don't remember very much about the details of that trip. I recall standing at the southernmost point of the U.S., buying a white friendship bracelet-type-thing that I wore constantly, and being impressed with the name of a sandwich shop. It was a submarine sandwich place and they were named after the underground train. Brilliant! Little did I know that these shops would soon be on every other street corner and that their formerly obese spokesperson would make a career out of irritating me during the commercial breaks of my favorite TV shows.

What I remembered most though about being in Key West, was the sense of tranquility that had come over me when I was there. Vacations in our family had always been stressful times. Both of my parents had hectic work schedules and I think they put a lot of pressure on themselves to make memorable the few opportunities we had to get away together. So, when us kids started bickering, or something went wrong with the plan, they tended to loose it, which usually lead to everyone just wishing they were back home. But the trip to the Keys had been different. It had been what a vacation was meant to be; peaceful, refreshing, and fun.

Twenty years later, my wife and I were walking along Duval Street, checking out the tourist shops and looking for a nice place to have dinner. Somewhere around the point where had we crossed the 7 Mile Bridge between Key Vaca and Little Duck Key, we had felt all the built up tension and stress begin to slip away.

"It's so beautiful," Susan had said. "Is the water always this calm?"

"I think it usually is," I had answered. "I heard it's because of the barrier reef."

"It's so peaceful," she replied as she stared out across the shallow blue-green sea.

Now, after turning down Whitehead Street and heading toward the concrete buoy that marks the southernmost point of the continental US, all the anxieties and irritations of daily life seemed miles away.

We stood together on the concrete wall and looked out across the water. The sun was beginning to set and people were taking turns posing for pictures by the buoy. Waves gently broke against the rocks below the wall as pelicans swooped down to catch dinner. Susan took my hand and looked into my eyes.

"We really needed this you know," she said to me.

"Definitely," I agreed. "It's really nice to get away from everything."

"It's really nice to see you relax," she responded.

Her solemn tone caught my attention and I looked into her penetrating green eyes. She held my gaze, her eyes staring back intently, letting me know that there was something more she needed to say.

"What?" I tentatively asked.

She paused for a moment, contemplating the best way to say what was on her mind. Finally she spoke. "It's just that ...well; we've both been under a lot of pressure this past year. Our jobs, the new house, and you going back to school...it's all been pretty intense. But I've been getting worried about the way these things have seemed to consume you. You haven't seemed happy."

I tried to allay her concerns. "Of course I'm happy baby," I told her. "You make me the happiest guy in the world." It was kind of hackneyed but I wasn't sure where she was going with this and I didn't know quite what to say.

"That's not it" she told me. "I guess I don't know quite how to say what I mean. You're the most important thing in the world to me. Not the house, not the money you make. I feel like you've been so worried about all those things that they're sucking away at your soul."

Defensively I responded, "I know I may not have been the easiest person to be around lately, but I worry about those things so that we can have a good life together."

"I know you do honey, and I love you for it," she said. "But you need to learn when to let go. I just bring it up because I see you relaxing a little on this trip and I think it's good for you."

She leaned towards me and kissed me. I pulled her close and our mouths opened. Her tongue slid into my mouth. I ran my hand through her long blonde hair and pulled her head closer to mine. I could feel myself beginning to grow hard as we explored each others mouths. I moved my lips to her ear. Whispering, I told her, "I don't think these shorts do a good job at concealing how much your turning me on."

She laughed and said, "Come on, let's go get something to eat."

We ate on the porch of a mansion built in the 1800's. Like most of the other homes along Duval Street it had been converted into a place of business but still maintained much of its charm. It was a beautiful night and the caress of the humid air was tempered nicely by an ocean breeze. I stared at Susan as she commented on the lushness of the foliage, with which we were mostly unfamiliar. She had always been one step ahead of me. She had known we were in love before I did, she had known we'd be married before I did, and apparently she'd realized before I had that the pressures of daily life were starting to break me. I wondered how far ahead of me the thoughts running through her mind right now were.

She turned to me and asked, "Are you ready to get out of here?"

"Sure," I told her and we paid the bill and headed out into the evening.

We wandered arm in arm down the street until we came to a bar called the Bull and Whistle. Susan liked the idea of the balcony overlooking the road so we walked up to the second floor. A friendly red-head asked us what we'd like to drink and I ordered a beer for Susan and a rum and coke for myself. The bartender made small talk with us for bit until Susan excused herself to use the rest room.

"Are you guys heading upstairs?" the bartender asked.

"I think we're just going to hangout on the balcony here," I told her.

"You should head upstairs afterwards," she replied and with a wink she was off to take care of someone else.

I didn't know what to make of what she had said but I left her a nice tip and headed out to the balcony. Susan met me a moment later and we started to watch all the people walking by along the street below. My wife is one of the kindest, most caring people I've ever met, but if there is one thing that she can't stand its people with no sense of style. She loves to watch people go by and then ask me exactly what they were thinking when they left the house dressed like that. We stood there drinking our drinks and commenting on everyone who passed by. Anyone who might have overheard us would have taken us for the two shallowest people on earth. I could tell from the way she was laughing that the wine from dinner, along with the beer she was finishing up, was going to her head. I suggested that it might be a good time to head back to the hotel room. I was a little worn out from the drive down and I'd been thinking about getting her back to the room and out of her clothes ever since the kiss we'd shared at the southernmost point.

"Let's check out the roof first," she said. "There's one more bar up there."

"OK, one more drink up there then," I said. "After you"

We went up the stairs and walked out onto the roof. It was surrounded by a wall about shoulder high which was lined with foliage. Looking up at the sky it was possible to see a few stars twinkling in the sky. I walked up to the bar, pulling a twenty from my wallet. There were about five other people waiting for drinks so I held out the money and waited my turn. It took me a moment to notice that the bartender's button down shirt was open to her navel exposing a pair of small but perfectly shaped breasts. I looked toward the other people at the bar to see what the thought of this and that's when I realized that one of the guys at then end of the bar was completely naked.

I turned to say something to Susan and saw that she had her back to me and was staring at the dance floor. Two naked men were standing off to the side having a conversation. Employing proper locker room etiquette, I quickly looked away and saw a topless woman in skimpy white shorts dancing with a shirtless guy in khakis. They looked to be in their forties and quite comfortable with their bodies, even if they weren't what you would call conventionally attractive.

"What do you think, should we get out of here?" I asked Susan.

She raised her eyebrows and said, "You said one more drink."

I turned back to the bar and ordered us two more drinks. I don't know why it is so difficult to avoid staring at a nice set of tits. Even though they were blatantly on display I felt guilty checking them out. I left a large tip and Susan asked me if it was for the beer or the boobs. I told her that it was for a bit of both and then we made our way to a bench on the far side of the DJ booth to take it all in.

"I guess we can't really mock people for their choice of clothes here can we?" I playfully asked.

"I guess not," she laughed, but her attention had been diverted by a couple in the corner near us. In the corner was a square garden surrounded by a bench. The woman had one foot on the bench and one on the ground. Her blouse was completely open and the man's hand was caressing her left breast, rolling the nipple between his forefinger and thumb and playfully tugging on it.

We both sat and watched, transfixed by what was happening only a few feet away. His free hand would slide up and down her thigh as she grinded her ass against his pelvis. The hand on her leg would briefly disappear underneath her black skirt and she would throw her head back and kiss his mouth before the hand would reappear.

"Does that turn you on?" Susan asked me.

"Are you asking if I think she is attractive?" I responded.

"I think it's fucking hot. I wish it was me," she said, still staring intently at the scene before us.

I was shocked. The couple was definitely turning me on but I had expected Susan to say something about how slutty the woman was. "Really?" I asked, still not believing what I had heard.

"Slide you hand under my ass," she commanded.

My breath quickened and my heart started to race. I looked around saw that no one was paying us any attention. On this side of the DJ booth we were hidden from the people at the bar. I traced a finger down the small of her back and then to her ass. She raised herself up off the bench for a second and I slid my hand underneath her before she sat back down. Her skirt was short but was still between my hand and her skin.

"Lift up one more time," I whispered in her ear.

She raised herself up again and my hand slid the back of her skirt up so that it was no longer in the way. It hiked the front up imperceptibly but when she sat back down I held her bare ass in my hand. The one thing that did not surprise me was her lack of underwear. As a treat for me, on special occasions, she would often wear a skirt with nothing underneath. When she was sure that no one could see, she would sometimes give me a quick little flash. But she had never done anything like this before.

She wiggled her ass a little bit and I worked my middle finger between the folds of her lips. It was a bit awkward but with my long middle finger I was just able to reach her slippery clit. I rubbed my finger back and forth as she subtly grinded against my hand.

"Mmmm, I've been wanting your hand there since we kissed," she said.

Looking up I realized that the woman was smiling at us though the man seemed too intent on what he was doing to notice. Susan had her eyes closed and turned her head to kiss me. Our open mouths met and I slid my tongue into her mouth at the same moment my finger slid inside her. She moaned into my mouth and kissed me harder. It was hard to move my hand but I managed to slowly slide my finger inside about up to the second knuckle. Susan continued to grind on my hand as I worked my finger in and out.

"Yeah fuck me with your finger...Finger fuck me right here in the bar," she moaned.

I couldn't believe we were doing this. We'd had sex in a few places where there had been a remote chance of getting caught, but we'd never had an audience. The way she was sliding her hips back and forth as my finger slid in and out of her was driving me crazy. She had been damp when I first touched her but now she was soaked. There were butterflies in my stomach but my cock was throbbing with excitement.

She turned her head away to look at the couple and I followed her gaze. They were both watching us now. The woman was facing us directly and the man was standing behind her. He had lifted the front of her skirt and started massaging her clit between two fingers. Then he slid a finger inside and her knees seemed to buckle and her ass pressed back against him.

"Do the same to me baby," Susan begged.

"I don't know if that's...," I began.

She whispered in my ear, "It's only us. They don't matter. No one else matters except us. Please baby, I want you to. Show them how you make me cum." Her lips kissed my ear and I gave in.

I kept my left hand where it was but slid my finger out of her. With my other hand, I pulled up the front of her skirt and pinched her swollen clit between my index and middle finger. I rubbed it quickly back and forth before sliding both fingers much deeper inside of her than before. The hand underneath her gently caressed her asshole as she leaned into me and thrust he hips to meet my hand. I started fucking her with both my fingers and Susan began to grind against my hand. She watched the couple watching her as I slid my fingers in and out faster and faster. With one hand she reached up under her shirt to play with her nipple, exposing her breast in the process.

The woman mouthed the words, "She is gorgeous," and reached behind her to massage the erection that was clearly evident in his jeans. From the rhythm of Susan's hips and sound of her breathing I could tell she was close. Suddenly she brought her hand to her clit and began to rub herself furiously until I felt her legs squeeze together against my hand. Then she doubled over and rested her head on her knees. She stayed that way for a second so I kissed the top of her head and asked if she was all right.

"Yeah....yeah I'm fine," she said. She sat back up and looked at me smiling. "I can't believe I just did that."

"I know," I replied. "That was pretty crazy."

We sat like that for a while, kissing gently and paying no attention to the other couple

"I think I need a drink," she said. I removed my hand from between her legs and as she got up she demurely straightened her skirt. I got up to follow but suddenly became self-conscious about the erection straining against my shorts. I sat back down to regain some composure as an employee from the bar walked over to the couple we had been watching.

"You've been warned about this before. We called the police this time and they're on their way," he told them.

"Are you serious? That's ridiculous," said the woman incredulously. "What about these two?" she asked pointing to me.

"I'm serious, you had better leave," he said and walked away.

Apparently the two of them had been visible while Susan and I had been shielded by the DJ booth. It seemed as if not quite everything was acceptable even here. The couple shook their heads and headed for the door without saying anything to me. Susan came back with some drinks and I told her what had happened.

"That sucks for them," she said. Then changing the subject she noted how crowded it was getting. I looked towards the dance floor and realized that the place was filling up.

"That was incredible honey, you drove me crazy," she said.

"I could tell," I replied.

"What's with the tone?"

"No, you're right, it was very hot. But we came pretty close to getting arrested."

She looked at me for moment before she spoke. "First of all, those people didn't get arrested; they're probably enjoying a drink at another bar or a good fuck at their hotel room right now. And secondly, we just had the wildest sexual experience of our lives and all you can do is fret about how we almost got busted."

"OK, let's just forget that our actions have any repercussions at all and go have sex in the middle of the road. How does that sound?" As soon as it was out of my mouth I realized that I sounded like an ass.

"I don't want to have sex with you in the middle of Duval Street," she said, and for the first time this evening sounded disappointed in me. "I'd just like you to be here in the moment with me once in awhile rather than lost in your head."

"I'm pretty sure I was there with you when you came all over my hand," I said

"True, but now you'll probably fret over the fact that we almost got caught, or if it was right, or how I'm feeling about what happened, and what ever fun we were having will be finished."

"Aren't I supposed to worry about how you're feeling?" I asked.

"Yes you are, and I feel fantastic," she said and spun away towards the dance floor.

As I stood in before the urinal relieving myself, I tried to take stock of the situation. It was true that I had my problems. Anxiety got the better of me at times and I had probably been battling a mild bout of depression for a while now. I'm sure that made things difficult for Susan. But how could anyone avoid becoming unnerved by what had happened upstairs? I had just fingered my wife to orgasm in front of two complete strangers who were then unceremoniously evicted from the establishment for their lascivious behavior. Enough was enough. She was obviously drunk and needed to go to bed. I decided to walk back upstairs and tell her it was time to head back to the hotel room.

When I got to the top of the stairs I looked toward the bar to see if she was waiting for me. Not finding her there, my eyes scanned the crowd and I spotted her immediately. She was on the dance floor wearing nothing but flip-flops, her hips swaying to the music as she sipped her beer.

Being married to her as long as I have, and loving her as much as I do, it has grown harder and harder to tell if she's so beautiful because I love her so much, or if I love her so much because she's so beautiful. Most of the time it's irrelevant. Tonight though, there was no question. Her teardrop shaped breasts were still the most beautiful I'd ever seen, and as they shook to the music my eyes were drawn to the pale pink of her erect nipples. In her mid 30's, her hips were only slightly wider than when we'd met back in college. She had the timeless grace and the body of a woman in her prime. She did a twirl giving me a brief view the ass she knows I love so much.

Two college aged guys were dancing next to her and trying to make their moves. They were taking turns chatting her up and shooting furtive glances towards her smooth pussy. She seemed to be tolerating their conversation and the occasional hand they would place on her shoulder or arm. But her attention had been almost exclusively focused on me since the moment I'd come upstairs.

I could tell by the look in her eyes that she wanted me to come to her. I hesitated though. Events had progressed so quickly and so far beyond the norms of our relationship that I was temporarily stunned. So many conflicting thoughts were running through my head. I was overwhelmed by her beauty and admired her for free spiritedness. At the same time, part of me wanted to knock those two guys out, cover her up and take her out of that place.

As I stood there and watched her dance, I realized that I might not ever understand her needs. But I knew that somehow I had contributed to an emptiness inside her that she was desperately trying to fill.

I turned to the bartender and asked her what people do with their clothes around here when they want to get naked. She told me that it was possible to store them behind the bar. I slid off my shirt, and as I folded it on the bar I stole a glance towards Susan. She smiled at me and continued to dance. I undid my shorts and slipped out of both them and my boxers. I handed my clothes to the bartender and she took them with a smile.

12