Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Story Info
Snowfalls are so beautiful.
803 words
4.36
15.5k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dirtyjoe69
dirtyjoe69
972 Followers

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

There is just something about the first real snowfall; the blanket of white covering everything always leaves me breathless. The pureness of the event makes even the most tainted feel clean.

Lately however I haven't been able to get such a feeling though because I live in an area of Canada where snow is almost never seen so you can imagine the joy my family felt when we woke up the other day to almost a full foot of heaven's white blanket covering the earth. We were absolutely giddy in our joy looking out our big picture window at God's work of art.

The site gave us a feeling of being back in our old home where a bountiful snowfall was not as uncommon. The best part was when we woke up at our regular time of five in the morning the snow was still falling, each big snowflake falling gently to its predestined spot. I made some coffee and we opened up the blinds to just sit back and watch the show before us.

It was so relaxing to just sit and soak up the artistry that was being painted before us by Mother Nature. After an hour or so we decided to catch the morning news so we turned on the boob tube. It is amazing how any two people can look at an event with totally different perspectives. Here we were in utter enjoyment over nature's breath taking splendor and as we watched the news we see others being interviewed in utter panic and annoyance.

Everything was shutting down and people were distraught over the "horrible" storm. Worrying over what they were going to do, how they were going to get there. The worst part of the whole event was people on the south part of the island where we live never drive in such weather so the numbers of accidents on the roads were at an all time high. The schools shut down, stores were being closed, the police were out in full force, and the whole community was in an uproar.

My wife and I loved every minute of the snowfall at the same time others were lost and angry. And let me tell you when my son finally woke up to get ready for school and found out he had a snow day (a regular occurrence where we used to live) he couldn't keep his excitement bottled up. It was as if he was a child on Christmas morning not the teenager he was. He quickly ate his breakfast and got on his winter gear we had long since stowed away and bolted out the door with his snowboard to the closest hills. We didn't see him until supper time and when we did finally see him all covered in snow, his clothes frozen from the cold and wet he was still smiling.

That night we put on a pot of steaming stew to fill our hungry bellies, the snow still falling out side. Even though it was late November the scene had me inspired so I put up our Christmas lights to put the perfect topping on mother nature's snow sundae. The bright colors radiating from the bulbs were a brilliant contrast to the frosty bed that lay outside.

We have yet to have a white Christmas here and I highly doubt we will get one this year. Three days later now and barely any snow remains on the ground, which to me is a real shame. Somehow I imagine come Christmas morning it will be green, green, green here like it normally is. We will drive to friends' homes and see people on the golf course playing their ritual round like it is any other day of the week and our minds will be on the wonderful snowfall of a month previous and how nice it would have been to have it reoccur on this day. But no, our wish will not be granted, I guess that is the price you pay to live in such a beautiful city as we do with such nice weather.

I do know the city itself will be glad if we see no more snow because they have already exhausted their yearly budget for snow removal for the year. Some people hate it, some people could careless, and some people are happy to not have to go into work but my family absolutely loves the beautiful dance of the snow and look forward to it every time it happens here because it doesn't happen all that often.

Maybe we will get lucky again next year but I doubt it. The last snowfall that was as big as this one was ten years ago, so here's to looking forward to 2016.

Merry Christmas All!

dirtyjoe69
dirtyjoe69
972 Followers