Washed Up

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
komrad1156
komrad1156
3,789 Followers

Keri pressed her way through the crowd of students and made her way to her sister.

"I guess they found out," Keri said stating the obvious.

"Looks like it," she said as she posed for another photo.

"You okay?" Keri asked.

"Oh, sure. This is old hat," Jeri confessed.

"Oh, right. Gee, silly me," her sister said. "Okay. I'll leave you to your adoring new fans."

Jeri patiently explained her past and her former career to each class and answered every question any student (or teacher) asked her. It wasn't until the school day was over that she realized she hadn't even seen Link anywhere on campus.

She headed to the office and stopped in the guidance area and knocked on his door.

"Come in," she heard and slowly opened the door.

"Hey! How are you?" she said with a smile.

"Oh, I'm...fine," he said rather tersely.

"Are you okay?" she asked. "Is DJ okay?"

"We're both fine," he replied barely glancing at her.

"Link? Are you upset with me?" she asked feeling like her stomach was tied in knots.

"Upset? Why would I be upset?" he replied.

"I...I don't know. You just seem...preoccupied. I...I guess I'll go back to my room."

She turned around and as she reached for the door handle Link said, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Jeri turned around and saw Link looking at her and suddenly felt very small.

"I'm sorry, Link. I guess maybe I just wanted someone to like me for me. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"I did like you for you, Jeri. I was crazy about you. Plain old, un-famous Jeri Kennedy."

"You did like me?" she asked now actually feeling sick to her stomach.

"I don't know. I do still like you—or at least the woman I thought you were—but I don't know if I can get involved with someone who's famous and who has a career that's going to take her away from here. This may not be home to you, but it is to me, and I don't ever intend to leave," Link told her.

He wasn't exactly cold but he certainly wasn't warm the way he'd been before.

"May I sit down?" she asked.

"Sure."

Jeri took a seat then said, "Link. That part of my life is behind me. I came back here...I came...home...because my recording contract wasn't renewed. I'm yesterday's news."

She paused then said, "No, I'm two decades ago's news."

Link smiled weakly and kept listening.

"I took this job to give me something to do. I had no idea I'd actually enjoy it or that I'd meet someone I...I really like. But I do and I did, and if my not telling you makes it hard for you to trust me, then all I can do is ask you to forgive me, because I really do like you, Link."

His countenance softened as he said, "But you'd never be happy living here in this town or maybe someday, you know, way down the line, being with a...guidance counselor."

Jeri looked right at him then said, "That's not true, Link. What I wasn't happy with was the phoniness of being this pop star and all the surface adoration. I'll admit that when I was a teenager and into my early 20s it was a huge ego boost and yes, I loved it. But somewhere along the line it left me feeling hollow and empty and just so...sad. My sister has always told me how much she envied me, but now I'm the one envying her. She has a loving husband and a beautiful daughter, and I have...memories. I'd trade my life for hers in a second. So please don't judge me too harshly, okay?"

Link sat there watching her and once he was convinced she meant what she was saying he apologized.

"I suppose I have been judging you, Jeri, and that's wrong. I guess I felt...I don't know...."

"Betrayed?" she suggested.

"That sounds so harsh, but yes, I guess that's how I felt," he admitted.

"Like I said, I just didn't want the first guy I've ever really, really liked to like me back because I sold a few records a long time ago," she said as she felt her eyes welling up with tears.

"Hey. Don't cry," Link said as he reached for a tissue.

Jeri took it and thanked him as she dabbed her eyes.

"So...have I completely blown it with you?" she asked hoping and praying she hadn't.

Link finally smiled and said, "Nah. I can't hold your past success against you."

A wave of relief washed over her and her heart swelled with happiness.

"So...would you maybe like to do something...together?" she asked as she dropped the tissue in the wastebasket.

"Yeah. I think I'd like that," he told her with another smile. "Just don't expect a whole lot, okay? I mean, it's not like guidance counselors make a lot of money."

Jeri laughed then said, "Money is the last thing I care about."

Link stood up, walked to the back of the room, closed the door, then turned around and helped Jeri stand up.

"Just don't hide anything from me again, okay?" he asked as he took her hands.

Jeri smiled and said, "I won't. I promise."

Link gently raised her chin and kissed her softly as Jeri slid her arms around his neck and kissed him back. This kiss lasted for quite some time and involved a bit of tongue-touching.

"Mmmm. That was very nice," Jeri told him.

"Yes, it was," Link agreed. "So...do you wanna hang out with the guys tonight?"

"I would like that very much," she told him understanding that meant with him and DJ.

"He's really excited about doing that demo and now that he knows who you are, that's only going to make it even more so."

"Then I guess I should get that set up ASAP, huh?" she said sweetly with a bright, happy smile.

"You are so beautiful," he told her.

"You mean...for my age, right?" she asked feeling insecure about being almost 40.

"I kind of checked you out on line so I know exactly how old you are, Ms. Kennedy," Link told her playfully.

"And that doesn't bother you?" she asked hopefully.

"Well, considering how you don't turn 40 until Spring Fling, I suppose I could keep seeing you for a little while longer," he said in an overly serious tone of voice.

"I'm glad my advanced age is such a source of amusement and entertainment to you," she said trying to sound just as serious but instead feeling even more vulnerable.

"I suppose it's okay that I hadn't even started going to school yet when you were out on tour your first few years," he told her.

"You're not helping here," she told him as she tried to smile.

"For the record, I don't care about any of that. I care about how kind and decent and caring you are, Jeri. I just wasn't sure I could handle living in your shadow if you were going back out on tour or something. I know that sounds insecure, but it is the way I feel."

"Huh. I wouldn't know anything about feeling insecure," she told him without spelling out why she had those feelings, too.

"So I'll see you later tonight then?" Link asked without asking for clarification.

"You can count on it," she told him before kissing him again.

"I am," he told her as he kissed her back.

He opened the door and before she walked out Jeri said, "I really am sorry I didn't tell you, and I'm just incredibly relieved you aren't angry with me."

"I'm glad we talked, Jeri," Link told her.

"Well...bye," she said very sweetly.

"See you around seven or so?"

"I'll be there," she told him with a smile. "Can I bring anything?"

"No. Just your pretty smile," he told her causing her heart to flutter.

"K. Bye," she said again as her heart sang and her tummy did flips.

"So this is what it feels like to be in love," she told herself as she realized again she'd never felt this way before about anyone.

When Jeri showed up—on time, DJ was on his way out.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" she asked.

"The guys and I have a gig!" he told her.

"Seriously? That is SO awesome, DJ!" she said as she reached out for a friendly hug.

"Yeah, you and Mr. Matthews need to come watch us play Friday night. We're gonna be rehearsing until really late tonight so...."

"You'll be home by midnight, right?" they heard Link say.

He'd already told DJ that was set in stone and he wanted to make sure his charge understood.

"Definitely. I'm not gonna blow this, Mr. M. I'll be back by midnight. Guaranteed."

"Okay. Then have fun," Link told him. "And serious congrats!"

"Are we still on to make that demo, Ms. K? Now that I know you're a famous singer and all, maybe you won't want to ruin your reputation by doing a song with me," DJ said.

"My reputation is pretty much set in stone. I have a few hardcore fans who still love me. Other than that...we will definitely make that happen!"

"Awesome. I can't wait to do that!" DJ told her.

"Me, either. And yes, serious congrats!" Jeri added as DJ kind of waved goodbye being heading out.

"He really is a good kid," Link said.

"Yeah. I wish every student had a success story like his."

"I hear you. It's so rare when a kid can handle so many setbacks and disappointments and still not give up. Then you see the ones who have every privilege who throw it all away," Link replied.

"You can't save everyone, right?" Jeri said as she turned toward him and smiled.

"No. No, you can't. But you have to try."

"Yes, you do. And I like the trying part," Jeri told him.

"And...." Link put his arms around and said, "I like you. A lot."

"Well, I like you. A lot," she told him. "I honestly don't know why you like me, but I'm very happy that you do."

Link smiled then said, "What's not to like? You're everything I've ever looked for in a woman and then some."

Jeri had longed to hear someone say those kinds of words to her for a very long time, and just hearing them warmed her soul.

"I love the way you make me feel, Link," she told him sweetly.

"I'm glad. I want you to feel that way because...I really care about you, Jeri."

"I can tell," she said quietly. "I can even feel it."

She put her arms around him and pressed her body to his which caught Link by surprise and he was a bit embarrassed when she actually felt him.

"Oh, yes. I can definitely feel it," she teased sweetly.

"Sorry. I wasn't expecting you to get quite so close so quickly, but you do have that effect on me," he told her.

"I'm glad," she told him as she pushed back against him.

Link groaned softly as Jeri said, "Is it too early to even think about...you know?"

"Isn't that supposed to be my line?" Link teased.

"I don't know. I only know it's been a very long time since I've been with anyone and even longer since I really wanted to be."

"That really surprises me," he told her before quickly adding, "only because you're so incredibly beautiful."

"Stardom is highly overrated," she said as she pulled him close and kissed him.

"So is it too early?" she asked again when their lips parted.

"Well, DJ won't be back for several hours, so if you're sure," he said as he gently touched her face.

"I'm sure," she told him.

"Then...follow me," Link said as he took her hand and led her to his bedroom.

"It's been a really long time for me," Jeri admitted.

That was very true. She'd had a brief phase where she did 'sleep around' quite a bit, but it had left her even more empty and alone and after that, she'd been very selective about sleeping with anyone. She'd only two real relationships in her entire life and only one of them was anything close to serious. Link was the first guy she'd ever really, really wanted to sleep with, and her body was trembling as he began slowly undressing her.

Once she relaxed, the deliciousness of the slow, romantic process was amazing. Link was not only a very skilled lover, but patient and attentive, and Jeri came so hard she thought she might shake apart. And that was before he even entered her with what she learned was even bigger than what she thought had been pushing back against her.

"You were amazing," Link told her as she lay in his arms.

"Me? Hardly. But you? Oh, my gosh! That was so incredible!" Jeri gushed. "I have never made love like that before in my life."

"Yeah, it was the same for me. Honestly? I'll see your beautiful face looking up at me for the rest of my life."

"I hope you don't mean that as in some kind of distant memory," Jeri said trying not to sound hurt, but she couldn't help but wonder if this was all he'd wanted. And now that he had it, had she acted too soon?

Link rolled over and looked into her eyes as they lay side by side.

"I'd love to create similar memories with you every day for the rest of my life," he said as he twirled her hair in his fingers.

"You don't have to say anything about a long-term commitment, Link," she told him.

"But what if that's what I want?" he asked her in a way that made caused a kind of warmth to wash over her body beginning at Valhalla and radiating outward.

"I'd like that, too," she said sweetly.

"Enough to possibly create a second-such memory?" Link said with a smile.

"Absolutely!" she said as she reached for him. "Mmmm. Someone is definitely ready again."

Link smiled then once again spent a very long time pleasuring his beautiful new lover from her soft, full lips to her second set of softer, fuller lips, paying close attention to the swollen nub that was the source of so much pleasure.

"Link?" she said after Round Two was complete.

"Yes?"

"I've never been happier in my entire life," she told him truthfully.

"Me, either, Jeri. Me, either."

"Are you hungry?" she asked.

"Starving, actually. How about you?"

"Same," she said.

"You up for more take out? Maybe pizza this time?"

"Anything," she said with a smile. "As long as it's with you."

"You go shower and I'll call it in. What do you like on yours?"

An hour later they were having a very late dinner and after a second slice, the door opened at a little after 11pm.

"Hey! You're home early," Link said. "Want a slice?"

"Nah, I'm good," DJ said. "We finished up early and the guys wanted to, you know, get high, so I bailed."

"Excellent choice!" Jeri told him.

"Like I said, I'm not gonna mess this up. I think I'm just gonna take a shower and go bed if that's okay," DJ told them.

"Yeah, sure. Have a good night," Link told him.

Jeri wished him the same, and after he was gone said to Link, "I had a very good night."

"That makes two of us," Link said back with a smile before kissing her again.

"What?" he asked as she kept staring at him.

"Oh...nothing," she said afraid to tell him what she was really thinking.

"Okay," he said as he reached for a third slice wishing he could tell her how he really felt about her.

Keri was long since in bed and asleep when her big sister quietly snuck into the house a little after midnight. She'd had her phone turned off and hadn't even checked it. She had five voicemail messages from William and wondered what could possibly be so important.

Jeri listened to the first one and couldn't believe what she was hearing.

"Jeri! Call me immediately! I've got fantastic news!"

She shook her head then listened to the second.

"Jeri! Where are you? I need you to call me right now! So...call me!"

The third shed some light on what was going on.

"Jeri. The video of you singing with those kids. Where did that song come from? The label that let you go loved it! Call me. Now!"

After listening to all of them she understood she was being offered a new contract with that song part of a new album deal. It meant two more years of making real money and touring and...being away from home and...Link.

Jeri knew he'd still be up so she called him, and William picked up on the first ring.

"Jeri! Where have you been? Never mind. Listen, this is huge. You need to get down here now. Well, tomorrow is fine. No, wait. It's already tomorrow. Just get on the first plane back here, okay? We don't want to risk them changing their minds."

"What kind of numbers are we talking about?" she asked hating herself for even wanting to know.

"Big. That song was amazing! Why didn't you tell me about it before?"

"I wrote when I was a kid, William. No one would ever be interested in that," Jeri told him.

"Maybe not back then, but it's got this retro kind of...feel...to it. It's got Top-10 potential. Trust me."

"Wow. I...I can't believe this," Jeri said still not sure she was hearing him correctly.

"Well, believe it. And get here. Soon!"

William hung up and Jeri stood there trying to process what she'd just heard. A two-year contract and 'significant' money. For two more years she'd be set for life and would never need to work again.

Jeri didn't sleep a wink the entire night and was so exhausted she barely made it downstairs in the morning.

"You look like...heck," Keri said when her sister walked into the kitchen to pour herself a cup of coffee.

"I hope it was worth it," Keri teased.

"Worth it?" Jeri said as her brain tried to engage. "Oh. Link. Sorry, I'm pretty groggy."

"Because of Link?" she asked almost hoping to hear a 'yes'.

"No. Um...William called. Several times."

"Your agent?"

"Yes."

"So...?" Keri asked.

"So it appears they're offering me a recording deal."

"Wait. Who's offering you a deal and why all of a sudden?" Keri wanted to know.

"That video. The one I made with my class. The song is one I wrote a long time ago."

"And...."

"And the same guy who let me go loved it and wants to sign me. William wants me there today. As soon as possible," Jeri explained.

"But that's great news, right? I mean, why would you even have to think twice about...."

Keri stopped talking then quietly said, "Link."

She looked at her bleary-eyed sister and said, "It's Link, isn't it?"

"Yes. Well, maybe. I don't really know. I mean, last night I thought I knew, but now I'm just so confused, you know?"

"I know you like him, Jeri. But do you...like him?"

"Yeah, I really do," she said before taking a first sip. "A lot."

"Well, it's pretty obvious he likes you, but is that reason enough to turn down something this big?" Keri asked.

"I just don't know, Keri. I was wide awake all night thinking about it...and him and...us."

"Us? Do you think there's an 'us' with Link? I mean, he's super cute and incredibly nice, but he's also really young."

"Don't remind me," Jeri said before taking a bigger second sip. "It's funny, but when I'm with him, I don't really notice the age difference. Okay, I do notice it but only because I feel like I'm the one who's really, really old and wondering why such a handsome, young guy like that would have any kind of romantic interest in me."

"Romantic interest?" Keri asked.

"Yes. Is that so hard to believe?" Jeri asked.

"No. Not at all. You're still gorgeous and I'm still jealous, you know," Keri said trying to make it sound like it was only good-natured teasing, but her sister really was still very pretty; prettier than Keri had ever been, and yes, it did bother her. But not enough to let petty jealousy keep her from wanting her sister to be happy

"Yeah, I look really beautiful right about now, huh?" Jeri quipped.

"Look, you obviously like him—a lot, and he obviously likes you, too. It's not out of the question that he might be willing to you know, go on tour with you for a couple of years if you...."

Jeri shook her head and said, "No. He made it very clear he has no intention of ever leaving this place."

"So...you told him about the record deal?"

"No. But we were talking about things last night, and that came up and he's never leaving town."

Keri set her cup down then said, "Okay, let's suppose you stay here and lose the contract, and things don't work out with you and Link. Would you be okay with that?"

"That's the question I've been asking myself over and over and over," Jeri told her. "And the answer is I just don't know, Keri. I honestly don't know."

"So, are you leaving today?" Keri asked. "It's none of my business if you do, but the school is going to have to get someone to replace you."

"Oh, right. Wow, I hadn't even thought of that. Um...let me take a shower and see if I can wake up enough to think things through, okay?"

komrad1156
komrad1156
3,789 Followers