We, the Children

Story Info
When the parents announce their divorce, kids get involved.
22.5k words
4.73
134.4k
201
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RonCabo
RonCabo
2,042 Followers

"When should we tell them?"

Over the past few weeks, Faye and her husband, Jim, had come to the conclusion that they should get a divorce. Their marriage had not been working the last few years, and while they could still get along and had decided to remain together until their daughter reached eighteen, which had occurred two weeks ago, they knew fate could not be tempted for much longer. So, Faye's question to Jim was when to break the news to Bonnie and their twenty-year-old son, Al.

"We've been delaying the inevitable," Jim noted. "We probably shouldn't any longer."

"Now?" She nervously asked. "What will we say? Maybe we need to first discuss how we're going to do it."

"And postpone it longer?"

"I really dread doing this," Faye grimaced.

"Getting a divorce?"

She shot him a facetious look. "Telling the kids."

"They're not kids anymore," Jim reminded her.

"They'll always be our kids."

"Tell us what?" Al asked, suddenly appearing in the kitchen where his parents had been preparing dinner.

"Where's Bonnie?" Jim asked.

"In her room, I guess."

"Would you get her?"

Less than three minutes later, both children entered the kitchen with questioning expressions.

"Let's sit," Jim said, taking a seat at the kitchen table.

"Is dinner ready?" Bonnie wanted to know.

"Not quite. Let's talk first."

The family took their normal chairs around the table.

When neither parent spoke, Bonnie said, "And you wanted to tell us something?"

When neither Faye nor Jim still did not say anything, but rather were staring at each other with deer-in-the -headlight expressions, Al said, "What? Did someone die?"

"No one died," Jim said reactively.

"Actually," Faye finally, hesitantly, spoke up, "Our marriage died."

With a frown over his wife's statement, Jim clarified, "What she means is that we're getting a divorce."

The look of pure shock on the children's faces turned Faye's stomach.

"I don't understand," Bonnie said. "I've never heard the two of you argue or yell at each other. You always get along. What happened?"

"We drifted apart," Faye explained. "And we gradually realized we would be better off not married."

"And you're not even going to try to fix it?" Bonnie shot back, almost argumentatively.

"We have tried to fix it," her mother revealed. "We've been discussing it for months."

"Discussing it doesn't sound like fixing it."

"Calm down, Bonnie," her father said, reaching over and patting her arm gently.

"What about us?" Al asked calmly. "We, the children?"

"Of course, you'll be taken care of," Jim assured. "And because you're both eighteen and over, there won't be custody issues. You can choose which of us you want to live with."

"Wow. What a comfort," Bonnie tersely remarked.

"When is this going to happen?" Al was doing his best to remain level-headed, even though he was as hurt as his sister seemed to be.

"We're going to make an appointment with a lawyer," Jim explained. "And then it will go from there."

"How long will it take?" Al continued.

"Several months."

"And will one of you move out?" Bonnie now asked, having calmed down a bit.

"Eventually," her dad confirmed. "For now, I'm going to stay in the guest bedroom."

Silence ensued for a minute or so.

"So, that's it?" Bonnie wanted to know.

Faye merely nodded.

Bonnie did the same, stood and excused herself, shaking her head as she walked off.

"Dinner is almost ready," her mother called after her.

Stopping in the doorway with an angry look on her face, Bonnie said sharply, "I've lost my appetite."

Faye pushed her chair back to go after her daughter.

"Let her go," Jim said. "She needs time to herself."

"No, I have to talk to her, make her understand."

"He's right, mom. Let her process this on her own."

Again, Faye nodded, but went to the stove to finish dinner. "Is anyone hungry?"

The males forced nods.

Several minutes later, as the three sat to eat, Faye noted, "Al, you're taking this well."

He shrugged. "Not really. Just reacting differently than Bonnie. Are you sure there's no reconciling?"

"We really have been seriously discussing this," Faye said. "We just think it's for the best."

"Can I ask what the issues are?"

Faye and Jim traded glances.

"I don't think we're quite ready to discuss that with you yet," Jim said.

* * *

Fortunately, Bonnie's and Al's bedrooms were upstairs, and their parents' master bedroom and the guest bedroom were downstairs at opposite ends of the house. When he returned upstairs after dinner, Al knocked on his sister's door and she allowed him entry. He could see that she had been crying.

"This really sucks," was her opening comment.

"Yes, it does," Al agreed, sitting in her desk chair.

"We have to do something."

"I talked to them at dinner. They sound firm in their decision."

"Did they give any specific reasons beyond just growing apart?" Bonnie asked, the inflection in her voice suggesting disbelief in their reason.

Al repeated their dad's answer to that.

"Well, there's got to be something we can do," Bonnie persisted.

"I'm open for suggestions."

Bonnie had always been her daddy's little girl. "Maybe if we work on each of them separately. I'll take dad. You take mom. Perhaps if we can get one or the other to talk, we can come up with a strategy."

Al shrugged. "Okay. But for the sake of discussion, why are you taking this so hard?" Al and Bonnie had always gotten along as children and teens. They'd had their share of childhood fights and teenage spats, but always got over them. This was now a side of his sister he was seeing for the first time; although, in fairness to her, they had not faced a situation as serious as this.

"They're our parents," she responded as though that was the only answer there could be. "You want them to break up?"

"No, of course not. I've just never seen you react so strongly to something."

"Well, our parents have never divorced before." Bonnie took a deep breath and calmed down again. "I guess if we had seen it coming, it might not be so bad. But this came out of the blue."

"You're right. It is a big surprise. We should probably not let mom or dad know that each of us is working on them."

"Good idea."

* * *

Apparently, everyone retired early for the evening. The house had become quiet, and when Bonnie used the bathroom between hers and Al's bedrooms, the light was out in his room and she couldn't hear any activity downstairs. She had spent the last hour or so, since she and Al talked, attempting to wrap her mind around what was happening, and the fact that she and her brother had something of a plan of action allowed her to get her head somewhat straight. With that came hunger pains from stubbornly skipping dinner, so she snuck stealthily down to the kitchen because she not only didn't want to disturb anyone, but she particularly didn't want an encounter with her mother. A peek down the hall toward the master bedroom revealed a closed door and there was no light flowing out from underneath.

A warm smile formed on her lips when—guided by the dim stove light—she saw a covered plate on the kitchen counter. Someone had been thoughtful enough to leave her some dinner. She didn't want to make noise by heating it in the microwave, and fortunately, it was still a little warm—enough to eat. She considered taking it up to her bedroom, but then she'd have to bring the plate back down, so she gobbled her meal by the stove light.

On her return trip upstairs, she could see the door to the guest room and that light was seeping out from underneath; probably just a lamp. Raising her foot up to the first step, Bonnie halted, and impulsively redirected herself to her father's new sleeping quarters.

She tapped lightly on the door. "Daddy, can I come in?"

"Just a minute, I'm in my underwear."

Bonnie entered anyway, having already seen him in underwear. But she halted just as quickly as she had entered because he was actually just pulling up his boxers and hurriedly turning away from her. She caught his rapidly deflating erection that he was trying to hide.

Looking embarrassed, Jim said, "Don't you know what 'just a minute' means?"

"For goodness sake, I've seen you in your underwear."

"When would you have ever seen me in underwear?"

"Okay, well, maybe it was just your shorts," she quickly said so she wouldn't have to reveal that she had spied on him a number of times.

"Well, you shouldn't see me like this."

"Oh, daddy, my generation is not as prudish as yours."

"Neither is mine. But there is such a thing as propriety."

"Daddy, just relax. It's really okay."

To compensate, Jim got into bed and pulled the covers over him. "Okay, well, I'm sure you didn't come here to talk about my underwear."

Approaching his bed, Bonnie revealed, "I couldn't sleep because of this divorce business."

"I'm sorry, sweetie, but all good things must come to an end."

"Why does it have to end if it's good?"

"That's just an expression. Sometimes, things just don't work anymore."

"When something doesn't work, shouldn't you try to fix it?" Bonnie reasoned.

"Not everything can be fixed."

"Then will you at least tell me what was broken?" She pressed.

With a grimace, Jim said, "It's not simple to explain."

"I make straight A's. I can understand complicated issues."

"Then how about it's personal?"

Bonnie tried a different tack, what with what she had seen upon entering. "Is one of you having an affair with someone else?"

Jim chuckled. "No, it isn't that."

She went for yet another approach. "What were you doing when I came in? You said you were in only your underwear, but it actually looked like you were pulling them up. Were you masturbating?"

"OK, now you're getting too personal."

"Why? Everybody masturbates. I masturbate. Al does. Why shouldn't you?"

"Bonnie, please. And how do you know Al does?"

"I accidentally walked in on him once or twice. And you're not denying it, so I'm going to take a wild guess and say that yours and mom's problems are sexual."

"Bonnie," Jim said firmly, "you're getting out of line."

"Daddy," she responded in kind, "I love you more than anything. I need to know. I'm not going to let this go." She forced a tear for emphasis.

With a heavy sigh, Jim acquiesced. "Yes, that is a big part of it," he quietly admitted.

That did bring a real tear to her eye. Bonnie had been inching closer to the bed. Now, she climbed in and sat beside her father, both leaning against the head board. She gave him a sideways hug and he could feel her young breasts pressed against his arm.

Jim had noticed that his daughter was clad in the lacy shorts that she slept in and the matching tank-type top, but now he became more conscious of it and her very shapely body. She was growing into a beautiful young woman and he was suddenly ashamed of himself for the arousal he was feeling because of her closeness to him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Bonnie asked softly.

Still thinking of his daughter's body touching his, emanating a tormenting heat that was exciting him in a way he should not be, he found himself telling her what she wanted to know. "Our busy schedules started preventing us from, uh, you know—"

"Having sex?" Bonnie filled in, keeping it clean. She would have said fucking, but that might have been too much too soon.

"Uh, yeah. We would make time, and for a while that sufficed, but then our old enemy, our schedules, started conspiring against us again. Our, uh—"

"Sex?" Bonnie said with a hint of exasperation. "You can say it, dad. It's not a bad word."

"Well, anyway, it became rushed and hurried, and eventually, not very satisfying. And that bred discontent, which grew and grew to where we are today."

She reached out and touched his covered leg. "That doesn't sound insurmountable. Maybe you and mom just need to go away for a while. Just the two of you."

And now this conversation and her hand on his leg was giving him an erection. He tried to ignore it, hoping it would go away. "We considered that. But we really couldn't find the time and the longer we waited, we lost interest in trying. Truthfully, I think we just got to a point where we didn't really care anymore."

"Sounds to me like you just need a reason to save it," Bonnie diagnosed. Even though her hand was not on his cock, it was close enough to notice the growth. She smiled to herself, pleased that she was having this effect on her father. "Maybe something to reignite this." She patted his hard-on. She'd been wanting to touch it for the longest time and used this as her opportunity.

"Uh, w-what are you d-doing?" he asked in a higher voice, scrambling to move her hand. "You shouldn't be doing that." He tried to slide over, but doing so caused the covers to pull away exposing his erect dick that had grown right through the slit in his boxers. Jim was horrified, squirming to re-cover himself.

The expression on Bonnie's face mirrored her dad's; however, hers was for a different emotion: excitement over seeing his penis up close, and as icing on top of the cake, there was a drop of clear liquid seeping out of the slit in the head. Mesmerized, she reached out, and with a swipe of her finger, scooped the pre-cum right off before he could re-cover himself.

"Bonnie!" Jim said in a loud, reprimanding whisper, obviously not wanting to risk anyone else in the house hearing. But when he saw his daughter lick it off of her finger, he halted and felt another drop ooze out. "Bonnie! What are you doing?"

The extent of Bonnie's sexual activity to date had consisted of sucking face with a couple of boys she had dated in high school and jerking each of them off a few times. So, she was no stranger to semen, either on her hand, or tasting it, which she had done out of curiosity. She had never consented to going further because she wanted her first time to be something special with someone special. She hadn't really expected that someone special to be her father, even though she had fantasized about him many times. But now, with all that had happened tonight and was happening now, her sentimentality had her believing that it was possible.

She reached for his cock again, firmly wrapping her fingers and palm around his pulsing shaft. He grabbed her wrist in an attempt to prevent her.

"It's okay, daddy. I've been wanting to do this for a long time."

"No, it's not . . . what do you mean you've been wanting to do this for a long time?" Taken aback by her statement, he absently released her arm.

"I mean, I've been wanting you for a long time." Bonnie twisted toward him, sitting up on her heels, but not surrendering his cock. "I've fooled around with a couple of boys in high school; mostly just kissing and jerking them off, although I did let one of them feel my boobs."

"You what?" Jim was mortified.

"A lot of girls do that. We're an open-minded generation. But I never did go all way. I wanted to save myself for the right man." Here, she looked him dead in the eye. "You."

"Oh, Bonnie," he said sympathetically. "That's not going to happen."

"Why?" she asked, though unfazed. "You wanted to know when I've seen you in your underwear? When you were dressing after showering. When mom wasn't around, I would sneak into your bedroom and peek into the bathroom while you showered. And I would masturbate while watching you. Sometimes, I would use a dildo and pretend it was you. And it was fantastic! And I always knew that when I was old enough, I wanted you to be my first."

Jim was stunned by his daughter's explanation, but he was torn between knowing that any further activity between them was terribly wrong and how wonderful it felt to have a hand—her hand—wrapped around his desperate penis. And if that wasn't bad enough, he couldn't help but stare at her nipples poking against her flimsy top.

He and Faye had been discussing divorce for several months and so, he'd had no sex in all that time—longer—except with his hand. But he suddenly realized that tonight's impulsive announcement to Bonnie and Al was messing with his head as much as with his children's. His mind was a tangle of confusion to have allowed what had happened so far. But now, he came to his senses and pushed her hand away.

And of course, Bonnie moved it right back. "Please, daddy. You need it and I want it."

When her fist started slowly sliding up and down his rod, he wanted desperately to stop her, but a woman's hand instead of his own felt so good. His indecision prevented him from doing anything. Then, she bent her head and slid her lips over his crown and down his shaft, and he didn't know whether he was more amazed that she had taken him into her mouth or that she was able to go so far down. A whimper escaped his lips. And as if his brain wasn't already on an overload, a myriad of questions began to flood in; such as, where had his daughter learned to do oral sex? That had not been part of her earlier admission. Or where did she get a dildo? However, as she continued to expertly suck him, all he could do was watch in awe.

For Bonnie, this was the most exciting moment of her life. She and her circle of girlfriends, of course, discussed all aspects of sex. A couple had intercourse. Some had done oral, some both, some just handjobs. Bonnie had always wanted to experience all of it, but had always been very selective about whom she did anything with. She didn't care enough for the two boys or their penises after she'd jerked them to do any more. But she had practiced sucking an anatomically correct dildo just in case the right boy came along. Now, with the only cock she had ever fantasized about in her mouth, she was very happy. It almost made her forget how the evening had started out.

A wicked thought occurred to her as she continued to devour her father's delicious dick. Maybe she should not oppose the divorce and choose to live with her dad and then she could have him all to herself all of the time. That thought caused her to look up at him and smile.

Jim involuntarily smiled back. His daughter had always known how to wrap him around her little finger, so how could he stop her from wrapping her lips around his delighted cock. When she sat up for a second to catch her breath, he sat up also. He didn't stop her when she leaned in and pressed her lips to his. He shouldn't have been surprised that she was a good kisser. She held onto his penis as their kiss intensified.

Bonnie was thrilled that her dad was getting into what they were doing by placing a hand on her shoulder and cupping the back of her head with his other hand.

After a minute or so, she went back to sucking his cock. He fell back and moaned, kicking the covers free of him. She was doing things with her tongue—licking his shaft, swirling it around the corona, tickling his peehole—that Faye had never done even back in the days when she used to suck him. But that stopped even long before their sex did.

Jim wanted to kiss her again—and did. With her hands still attending to his cock, his hands found their way to her breasts.

To his fondling and caressing of her tits, she cried, "Oh, yes, daddy, yes." She tugged on his boxers and he lifted his ass to assist in pushing them off.

With his balls now exposed, Bonnie sucked each one into her mouth and licked them and it was all Jim could do to prevent himself from shouting out his excitement, but remain quiet he did, except for muffled moans.

For the next several minutes, they alternated between kissing and her sucking him until he feared blowing his load. During their last kiss, Jim pushed her silky lace shorts down as far as he could—just above her knees—and she pushed him onto his back without their lips ever separating. The bottom of her tank top was up around her breasts, and he couldn't help but grab for her soft tits again.

RonCabo
RonCabo
2,042 Followers