What It Takes Ch. 03

Story Info
Luna meets a bizarre-looking alien and they get very close.
12.8k words
4.65
19.2k
15

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/10/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
YKN4949
YKN4949
5,862 Followers

Dear Reader: This is part 3 of a 4 part story. All four parts are written and will be posted sequentially. In Part 1, struggling space crew member Luna walked in on a crew member, Dr. Janice Alton, sharing an intimate moment with a giant space slug. In Part 2, Luna was attacked by a space spider. This is not one of my "normal" genres (check out my lesbian, shemale, and incest stories). I am not sure if I am cut out for non-human stories, but I wanted a change of pace in my writing. Let me know what you think. If you readers think I have a knack for this kind of thing, I may return to this genre in the future.

*****

Chapter 3: Learning to Survive

The alien being in front of me was totally still, almost statute-like. I remained frozen on the ground in the re-fueling compound. I was still totally naked and alien cream was dripping out of my ass, alien cum was dripping from my pussy. My throat ached, my muscles prickled viciously, and my mind was completely exhausted. It was almost like I was dazed with fear. Out of the frying pan, into the fire, and too defeated to stop it. Part of me, I really think, wanted the creature to just finish me off.

Almost as if the creature knew I was floating on the edge of consciousness, it began to focus my attention. After a brief moment of absolute silence, it began making a low, croaking sound. A sound so deep and thick that I could feel it vibrating in my stomach. It actually made my muscles feel loose and my limbs feel week. It kept croaking for a very long time, as I stared at the creature.

If anything, the creature was more bizarre looking than the giant, lumpy spider at been. As I said before, the creature was up on all fours. "Up" might be somewhat generous. The creature wasn't very tall. From its toes (three on each feet, two facing forward and one facing backwards) up to the top of its head couldn't have been more than three and a half feet. Its legs were not particularly long. From its back feet, for example, up to its hip joint was probably about a foot and a half. The front legs were a little bit shorter, tilting the creature forward as it stood. I noticed that its front and back legs bent backwards, kind of like a bird's (or, more accurately, a grasshopper's back leg), so that it would have rocked backwards when settling down. The legs might've been short and stocky, but they were spread pretty widely set. The two front legs were probably three feet apart, the back legs maybe three and a half. The trunk the creature's body was sort of rounded, so that its chest and belly hung down between its legs nearly to the ground and rounded up over top of them. It was sort of squished cone shape, wider near its read than in the front and thicker across its chest than from its belly to its back.

The creature was pretty long, maybe four feet from its front legs to its back legs. But from its snout to its tail it must've been well over ten feet long. The tail was surprisingly thin as it tapered off of the creature's wide body. As it moved back from the creature's spine, it was probably only three inches in diameter. It then tapered back all the way to a rounded point no more than a centimeter in diameter.

On that tail, you could tell that the creature was scaly. Not like an alligator or anything like that. It didn't look rough or dry. Instead, it look sort of like the skin of a snake. It looked somewhat oily and wet and glistened in the light. In fact, I could see beads of liquid on it so I could tell that, unlike a snake, it really was slightly oily. The alien's entire body was covered in those scales, no fur or smooth skin or anything else. The scales varied in color from pitch black to an almost light green. There was no real pattern, just a swirl of colors.

Most of the light green scales were on the creature's head. The head itself was very large. It didn't so much have a neck, as a large, ovular growth sort of popping out of its trunk. I was looking at the head dead on and I saw that it was very big, maybe two full feet across. It had very large, protruding eyes that stuck up on the top of the creature's head. The eyes were very round and about the size of baseballs. Strangely, the eyes were somewhat similar to the spider's eyes: milky and bluish white orbs with dots in the middle. It must've been the light on this moon. Below and between the eyes was a small bump, just a slight rounded area, with two small holes slit in it. I knew that this was the nose.

A few inches below the nose was the part of the creature that had had really caught my attention. Its mouth. It was a wide slit that stretched from one side of the creatures...face to the other. It look a lot like a giant's frog's mouth, it even had the slightly protruding pout. But unlike mouth of a frog, I could see large, interlocking platelets hanging from the creature's lips. They weren't teeth, because they were on the outside of the creature's mouth. But they were ragged and sharp looking, a dark blackish-green color. There were streaks of red of them. From the spider. The platelets were clearly menacing, even if they weren't what I would call teeth.

In fact, the creature's entire aura was threatening. It was breathing slightly now and I could see its chest rising and falling, its scales stretching and then contracting. But its eyes remained focused on me. Its teeth (for lack of a better word) remained slightly spread, as though it was planning to open them at any minute. Its legs were bent slightly, read at any instant to pounce. I could feel the creature's strength and its intensity as it glared at me. The fact that it wasn't even looking at the spider anymore, not even concerned that the massive creature that had attacked me would return for revenge clearly displayed to me that the food chain was set in stone. The frog-reptile was on the top. I was on the bottom. Everyone else was in between.

The alien moved to close the gap. It sort of slid forward, its body moving fluidly and silently. Its large muscles barely rippled, as though it took no effort at all to move its massive frame. But its eyes were moving closer to me, growing larger and larger, never blinking. I couldn't look away, I kept my eyes locked on the creature, even as the goosebumps rose on my skin and my heart rate ratcheted higher and higher and higher. A non-thinking kind of terror stole over me. It was totally animal, a fight or flight instinct that was so completely overwhelmed by panic. I was left with a sort of vibrating numbness in my brain and a drained feeling in my limbs.

The alien inched closer and closer towards me. In the still alien air, the creature's smell wafted across the shrinking distance between us. Despite my catatonic state, I gagged slightly. It had an incredibly strange aroma. A slightly fishy, reptilian odor that was undergirded with an almost...mammalian scent. Like a dog or horse. I can't explain it. But it was all-encompassing. It filled the air around me, I could taste it. But in a moment, the smell grew even worse. I saw the creature's mouth opening wide and a sort of hot, rotten breath smell heated my face. But by that time, the smell no longer bothered me. Or, it no longer registered. Because the creature's mouth kept opening wider and wider. Soon it was opened so large I could have easily fit a basketball inside. It had no teeth beyond the ones in its lips. It had only a very narrow, long tongue that stretch back into its throat as far as I could see. And that was some distance. Its mouth was open so wide and the position of its body was such that I could see all the way down towards its stomach. . I could see large chunks of spider flesh that it had torn from the other creature, swallowed whole and slowly working its way down to be digested. I saw myself following next.

Somehow the creature movements seemed to move rapidly and keep me in suspense at the same time. It was the worst of waiting and also being rushed. I felt the agony of my impending death, feeling it stretch out forever before me. At the same time, I couldn't get my thoughts together. I couldn't even begin to make my peace with God. All I could think about was my head, rolling down into the pit of the alien's stomach.

And then it was in position to make that happen. The alien had closed the distance between us. It was standing directly in front of me. I could feel the air from its mouth, from its nose. The humidity of its mouth made my cheeks clammy. My eyes remained on the creature's, they looked dark and pitiless now. It began to lean forward, moving its head closer and closer towards mine. I made a small noise in the back of my throat, my heart ached, and my muscles sagged.

For half a moment, the vicious creature remained frozen, its jaws essentially wrapped around my head. It was like it knew the agony I was in, like it wanted to stretch it out. I whimpered now, as drool from the creature's mouth dripped down onto the top of my head. It was warm and, for a half second, it felt like it burned. Like it was some sort of acid that was digesting me already. I closed my eyes for the last time, not wanting my last vision to be the inside of the creature's mouth.

Then I heard it.

A soft cooing sound.

It seemed so...sweet and innocent. Like a kitten. It was so dissonant, because I could tell it had come from the creature. Even before I had a chance to really grapple with it, I felt it.

A soft wetness.

A tongue. Against my cheek. Gently.

My eyes fluttered open quickly, just in time to have the creature's tongue once against slip against my face. My eye, in fact. The creature made the cooing sound again and then it turned and rubbed its cheeks gently against my face. It was cooing louder now. I looked at its eyes...they had softened somehow. The massive alien knocked me over onto my side, nuzzling. I let out a soft squeak and the animal came closer, hunkering down on the ground next to me, covering me with its tongue and cooing gently.

At first, I guess, I still thought that the creature was about to attack me. I lay still on the ground, not daring to move, afraid of what would come next. But as the creature never attacked. In fact, it grew sweeter and softer with each passing moment. The fear drained but the disbelief remained. I knew it wasn't going to eat me. But I had no idea what it was doing. Still, the animal kept up its relentless assault, licking and rubbing against me, purring like a kitten. After a while, the absurdity of what was happening dawned on me. I...smiled.

"Oh my god!" I said, not sure what else to say, and I laughed. The creature's mouth opened wider and I swear it was a smile. It grew more excited, licking my face more tenaciously and cooing louder and louder. I began laughing uncontrollably, rolling on the ground. I pushed the creature's tongue away.

"Okay, okay, I like you too!" I said, collapsing against the creature's body. Every part of me felt so incredibly weak. I'd never been so drained in my life. The creature held me up.

* * * * *

"No, really, I was unable to obtain seven of species that I was sent to collect," Dr. Alton was saying earnestly to Tara and Hilaria, "As long as I tag him from this moon, there is really no reason NOT to bring him. In fact, it might be a nice little bonus for my research. As far as I know, no one has ever brought a male Aranea Cuculus back to Earth."

The Captain and the First Mate stood at the door to the transport tube with their arms crossed in front of their chests. I was standing next to Dr. Alton, my eyes downcast. I was wearing some new clothes that I had found in the personal supply depot after I'd managed to get the alien creature...the Aranea Cuculus, to stop covering me in doggy kisses.

And doggy kisses was right. I had somehow managed to gain my feet and start walking to the depot. I didn't even really know what I was doing, I was still in sort of a daze. But anywhere I moved, the creature followed behind me, cooing gently like a lost puppy. Its big, silly eyes remained on me wherever I moved, looking at me like was some kind of god. The way my old Collie had looked at me when I was a kid. The thing even let its tongue loll out to one side of its mouth in the jungle heat.

"Thanks for chasing away the spider...Rex," I said, naming him after my old Collie. He had just cooed at me and kept following, "You can head back to the jungle now. You aren't supposed to be in here," I said. My voice sounded weak. I was just saying what I thought I was supposed to say. I was completely dazed, nor really registering anything that had happened to me. But the thing was...I liked having it follow me. It had protected me from the spider. It made me feel safe. And it was sweet. Even a little cute once you got used to it. And ignored the smell.

So the creature had followed me into the personal supply depot and it had curled itself up at the door, like it was watching for attackers. It had taken me nearly twenty minutes to find everything that I needed, but Rex had waited for me patiently, cooing and panting. Eventually, I'd found new clothes and then headed out. The creature kept following me.

"Rex, you need to go back to the jungle now," I said. But as I walked around him and out the door, the Rex just followed after me again. I was still completely disoriented by what had happened during the day, and I couldn't really remember what I was supposed to be doing or where I was going. Without the fear to focus me, I was just completely adrift. I just sort of wandered quietly around the compound, going nowhere in particular. The whole time, Rex had followed me.

I don't even really remember how I'd ended up in front of Tara and Hilaria by the transport tubes. I remember they had looked annoyed, like maybe I had been late to return. And they did not seem happy to see Rex following around behind me (though they were less terrified than I guess I would've thought. I learned later they'd seen his species before. There were only very limited reports of attack). I hadn't even realized I was talking when I found myself asking, like a kid who'd found a mutt wandering around the schoolyard, if I could keep him. I don't know why I asked. I didn't even realize I wanted to...keep him. But as soon as the words came out, I realized it was true. He was the only thing I'd seen on the trip that had made me smile. And laugh. And I didn't think he'd leave me anyway.

Tara and Hilaria had absolutely refused. They cited rules and regulations and even moral principles. But, before I had even had a chance to give an argument back, Dr. Alton had sidled up beside me. And while I stood there in a fog, I heard her making the case that I should be able to keep Rex. I don't remember all of the back and forth. I just stood there with my hands crossed in front of me, trying to stay out of the way. I had no idea why Dr. Alton was trying to help me. Maybe Rex was a good research specimen. Whatever it was, I could barely follow the course of the conversation. I swayed uneasily on my feet. Rex pressed his forehead against the backs of my legs, holding me up. To the extent I could follow the conversation, it seemed like Dr. Alton was making progress.

"You keep calling it a "him". How do you know he's a he?" Hilaria asked the doctor. I realized I had just assumed Rex was a "he."

"Well, the female and the male of his species look considerably different. You wouldn't even think they were in the same family. Besides that, if you look between his back legs...you can tell," Dr. Alton explained.

"I don't care about his sex," the captain said, "We are already behind schedule as it is because Luna decided to make friends instead of working. Dr. Alton, if you say you want this creature, that's your business. But he is as much your responsibility as any of the other creatures." Then her gaze turned and looked at me, "And he is your responsibility too. Christ...just don't fuck this up," she said. I could hear the word "too" hanging in the air around us. Tara shook her head, disappointed, and then climbed back into the tube. Hilaria joined her and the two were quickly transported to the surface.

"Thank you, Doctor," I said as we stood together, waiting for the next opportunity to transport. I felt like I needed to, even though I didn't really understand what was going on. The doctor turned to me and smiled.

"I know what it's like," she said and winked, "to need a friend."

* * * * *

I had kitchen duty that night, it was my responsibility to bring out the meals and then clean the dishes when it was over. By the time I had finished drying the pots and pans, Tara and Hilaria were from the mess hall. Only Dr. Alton remained. Well...Dr. Alton and Rex. He was curled up on the floor near the table I'd sat at, sleeping silently. At least, I assumed he was sleeping.

"Where is the captain?" I asked Dr. Alton. She was quietly drinking a cup of coffee, looking at Rex half-interestedly. She sort of shook her head as she realized I was talking to her.

"Oh...Tara. She and Hilaria went back to the cryosleep chamber. You're in charge of the ship for the next six months Luna," she said. I shuddered a little.

"Usually when the whole crew is awake for a day, everyone stays up and debriefs for a few hours before going to cryosleep," I said wistfully. It wasn't even necessarily that I wanted to spend time with my crewmates. I mean, they hadn't exactly been warm to me during dinner. They were still angry about Rex. And everything. But I felt like leaving right after dinner was another rebuke. Like I'd finally exhausted the last of their patience and they could no longer even bear to be in the same room as me. What was worse, I could feel the sense of isolation creeping over me. They were already gone. I would be alone.

"Oh I think they'll be staying up a little while longer," the doctor said with a lasciviously raise of her eyebrows, "I just think they will be debriefing privately." Dr. Alton's reference to the captain's relationship with Hilaria made me uncomfortable for some reason. Maybe it was just a further recognition of the nature of my separation from everyone else.

"Oh," I said. I sat down at the table across from Dr. Alton. As soon as I did so, she rose up from her seat and tossed her

"And I need to go too," Dr. Alton said and I felt my stomach drop to my knees. Just a day ago I would've been repulsed by the idea of being alone with Dr. Alton...after all I'd seen. But now, faced with the prospect of being alone, I was desperate for any company. Even her's.

"You didn't want too..." I started, not sure what I was going to suggest.

"I'd love to chat," the doctor said, "But I have been away all day. I need to go check on my specimen creatures and take some notes. They are all probably starting to get hungry."

"Oh yes...of course," I said, trying not to sound disappointed. I put my head in my hands for a brief moment, feeling like the walls were closing in around me.

"But this one," I heard Dr. Alton say. I looked up and she was standing by the door, pointing casually at Rex, "it is already well known how the Aranea Cuculus responds to space travel. And he already ate at the table. I am going to leave him here with you for now." I had nearly forgotten that the creature was there in the room, I'd been so focused on the fact that I was about to spend six months alone. I looked at Rex and felt a strange sensation of relief, though I couldn't really say why.

"It isn't like...dangerous for him to be out?" I asked. Dr. Alton shook her head and looked back at me.

"He will be totally harmless to you. To all of us. And you'd be doing me a favor by looking after him while I attend to the other aliens. I really don't have time to register him right now," she said. I looked at the creature sleeping peacefully on the floor. I remembered the way that he had attacked the spider and the way he'd guarded the door for me while I changed my clothes. I smiled despite my isolation.

YKN4949
YKN4949
5,862 Followers