What The Future Holds

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Mr. Mantle would you like to tell me why you did not turn in your paper last Friday?" She asked.

"I don't know what you are talking about Miss. Dawson. I did turn it in. In fact it should have been on the top of the pile in a red report cover." Jamie replied stunned at the accusation.

"Well Mr. Mantle I don't remember you turning it in. I have completely checked over all of the papers and I did not find your among them." she spat still again referring to him as Mr. Mantle instead of Jamie.

"I swear to you I turned it in on time. It was a ten page paper on William Shakespeare and I was just about to walk up to your desk when Billy stopped to thank me for tutoring him. It was during that time that we heard a commotion out in the hall. You went to investigate, and I went up to your desk and laid my paper on top of the pile." Jamie replied.

"So no one actually saw you turn in the assignment?" Miss Dawson asked.

"Well no I don't think so. Look it doesn't matter the paper is still on my computer. I will just print out a new copy and bring it to you tonight after I get home" Jamie stated.

"I am afraid that will not do Mr. Mantle. It would not be fair to the rest of the class that you got an extra weekend to work on your assignment, when everyone else had turned theirs in on time. You know that I don't accept late work, and you also know the consequences for not turning in an assignment." She angrily said.

"But I turned it in on time! It is not my fault that it got lost!" Jamie replied now getting a bit angry himself.

"I don't believe that it did get lost. I think that you got so busy with your tutoring that you did not get it finished. Now instead of admitting your mistake you are trying to weasel you way out by claiming that I misplaced your paper." She replied.

Jamie just could not believe what was happening.

"Look Carol" He begun to say.

"Miss Dawson to you Mr. Mantle" she loudly replied.

"Sorry, Miss Dawson, Come over to my house tonight and look at my computer. There is a record showing when each file was last modified. I got done with that paper three days before it was due. There have been no changes to it since, and the records will show that" Jamie said confidently.

"I know how good you are with a computer Mr. Mantle, and I have no doubt in my mind that if you wanted to you could easily modify the dates to show anything you wanted." She stated.

"Carol, um Miss Dawson are you really listening to yourself. I thought we were friends. How can you possibly accuse me of such a thing?" He asked totally stunned.

"It wouldn't be the first time that a guy had tried to use friendship to get away with something." Carol spat back.

"Look I don't know what has gotten into you, but I swear I turn in that report Friday at the end of class. What you managed to do with it afterwards I have no idea." Jamie hotly replied.

"Fine, if you're so certain that I misplaced it I will look for it once more , but you had better be prepared to take your punishment tomorrow when I don't find anything" Carol snapped back.

"Whether or not you find my paper has no bearing on the fact that I turned it in. I refuse to be punished for a wrong that I did not commit." Jamie stated.

"I will look for your paper tonight Mr. Mantle, even though I feel it will be a complete waste of my time, but mark my words if you refuse to accept your punishment tomorrow I will have no choice but to give you an incomplete for this class and you will not graduate young man." She practically yelled as she was leaving the room.

Jamie was absolutely stunned at Carols behavior. He didn't know what the hell was wrong with her, and at the moment he wasn't sure that he cared. He had to get home and talk with his parents. Hopefully they would have some clue how to resolve this situation before it became any worse.

At home Jamie sat both his parents down and began to explain what had transpired between Miss Dawson and himself that afternoon.

"Why didn't you turn your paper in on time?" his mother asked.

"Mom I just got done explaining to you that I did turn it in. She must have lost it somehow." Jamie frustratingly replied.

"Well I know Carol, and I don't believe that she would be accusing you of not turning in your assignment unless she was sure." His Mom stated.

"You know Carol! You know Carol! What about knowing Me? Carol only moved across the street a few years ago, you've known me my whole life. In that time have I ever not turned in an assignment on time? Have you ever been called to school because there was a problem? Have you ever known me to openly lie to you about anything? Haven't I always brought home straight A's on my report cards? Haven't I been nearly the perfect son these past 18 years? Jamie spat back in a raised voice.

"Yes you have been a great son all these years, but I still don't believe that Carol would be acting this way unless she was 100% sure that you did not turn in your assignment. Now if she finds your paper fine, I will be the first to offer you an apology, but know this I will not let you miss up your graduation by refusing to take your punishment. Is that clear?" she asked.

"Dad will you please talk some since into Mom. I have done everything I can to prove that I turned in my report on time including offering to have Carol come over here and look at my computer to see that the last time my paper was modified was three days before it was due." Jamie pleaded.

"What was her response to that idea?" He asked.

"She said that I was smart enough to manipulate the dates to show whatever I wanted them to." He explained.

"Well could you?" He asked grinning.

"Probably if I researched how to do it, But I never would." He complained.

"Well son I agree with your Mother! It sounds like Carol has put a lot of thought into this and you must have done something to make her feel this way. He replied.

"I just can't freaking believe this! My own parents don't believe me! Some family loyalty! He yelled.

"Well fine who needs you I will just go to Principal Olson's office tomorrow and tell him what's going on. I am his best student. I'm sure that he will believe me!" Jamie screamed as he ran to his room slamming and locking the door.

"I have never seen Jamie that upset Joe, what if he is telling the truth" Sherrie asked her husband.

"Look honey you know perfectly well that boys his age do all kinds of things that they try to get away with. He was just caught this time is all, and now he has to own up to it and take his punishment like a man." Joe replied.

"But what if he is innocent?" She asked back.

"Do you really think Carol would put him through all of this if she wasn't sure?" He asked his wife.

"Well no, but maybe I'd better call her and get her side of it." She replied picking up the phone.

"Sherrie put down the phone. He is a grown boy he doesn't need his Mommy to fight his battles for him, besides if he is not guilty of this I am sure that he has done something wrong that he has gotten away with." He said.

"Oh Joe, that's terrible!" She replied.

"Come on Sherry by the time I was his age I had pulled more stunts then I care to remember. Believe me no matter how it seems he is no angle." Jo said.

"I guess your right Joe, anyway I trust Carol. If she said he did wrong then he probably did." Sherry replied. Let's go to bed.

But Joe was not right. Jamie had walk the straight an narrow most of his life focusing on grades and his future rather than the trouble he could get into.

"I'm sorry Jamie, but since no one actually saw you turn in your report there is really nothing that I can do." Principal Olson stated after Jamie had explained the situation to him.

"But Principal Olson why should I be punished because Miss Dawson misplaced my report? I told you that it has not been changed on my computer since three days before it was due. That proves that I had it done on time." Jamie pleaded.

"I understand what you are saying James, I really do, but Miss Dawson has been teaching here for a while now, and I have always found her a tough but fair instructor. I just would not feel right about overriding her decision on this matter." He said.

"Sir You know that I am one of your best students. I have never been sent to you for any problem that I have caused, I have an impeccable school record and the wall outside this office contains quite a few academic achievements that I have won during my time here. This paper represents 30% of my grade. I swear to you I handed it in on time. I would think that someone with my reputation deserves at least the benefit of the doubt in this matter." Jamie stated.

"I'm sorry James. I do agree that you made some valid points, however I still feel that Miss Dawson is a fair and competent teacher, and I will not override her decision in this matter" He said.

"But Principal Olson" Jamie started to say.

"I have made my decision young man, now if you'll excuse me I am rather busy. Good day Mr. Mantle." He stated dismissing Jamie.

"Well Mr. Mantle I searched through my papers again and I still didn't find your among them . She smugly asked.

"Look Miss. Dawson, I am in a no win situation here. Just suppose for one minute that somehow my report got lost after I turned it in. You tell me what would I need to do to prove to you that I really did hand in my paper on time?" Jamie asked.

"If you turned in the report I would have found it by now." She replied.

"I am very disappointed in you Mr. Mantle. I thought that by now you would have owned up to your actions." She said.

"And I Miss Dawson am disappointed that you are not using logic or reason in this matter. Why is it so much easier for you to believe that a straight A student who has always handed his assignments on time, suddenly not only fails to turn in a paper that is worth 30% of his grade, lies about it and manipulates computer records to show that he had the assignment done days in advance, but it is impossible to fathom that the great Miss. Dawson could actually lose a paper." He replied angrily.

"Look I see no point in discussing this any further. I am giving you a zero on the report and if you refuse to take your punishment I will be forced to give you an incomplete for this class and you will not graduate. I cannot let my friendship with you impair my duties as your teacher." She said.

"Well I am not going to let you miss up what I have worked four years to accomplish, so I will submit to your damn punishment, but know this as of right now our friendship is over" Jamie hotly replied.

"What your language Mr. Mantle. Now drop your pants and bend over the desk" She spat.

"What?" Jamie asked totally bewildered.

"You heard me shorts too I do not want anything to come between your back side and my paddle." She stated.

"Fine do your worst lady, but I will never forgive you for this!" He angrily replied as he reluctantly took the position of shame.

And then it began. Smack after painful smack could be heard as her paddle made contact with his poor defenseless rear end. Tears welled up in his eyes as she beat him repeatedly far more than a situation of this magnitude allotted for. His once all white bottom now took on a angry reddish color with white Streaks and purple welts. When she was finished he rolled off her knee onto the floor bawling like a baby.

"I have to use the ladies room and then I will drive you home." She stated in a shaky almost whispery voice.

Carol really didn't have to use the restroom, but she did need a few minutes to compose herself. Spanking Jamie had not been easy on her, but she felt he richly deserved it, even though she may have taken it a bit too far. Carol felt that she gave Jamie every opportunity to come clean and admit that he had not handed in his report as he claimed. She thought that he would eventually have broken down and told her the truth, but alas that was not the case. Carol was hopeful that they could somehow maintain their friendship, despite Jamie's claim that it was over. After washing off her face with a wet paper towel she walked back to the classroom, only to discover that Jamie had already left.

By some miracle Jamie actually managed to make it home safely, after nearly causing two accidents due to his inability to focus through the severe pain he was in. Jamie entered his house through the back door and proceeded to limp and crawl to his room. He heard his father's voice yell

"How's the ass son?" as he began to chuckle making Jamie wonder just how he had managed to live this long and not realize what a dick his dad really was.

"Joe! You can be so cruel at times." Jamie's mother stated.

While knocking on his door Sherry asked "Honey are you alright?"

"Just leave me alone!" Jamie yelled back.

"Let the boy be Sherry, he is just licking his wounds. He'll be fine" Ed said.

"Sometimes I wonder why I ever married you Joe Mantle." His wife replied leaving the room in a huff.

Jamie knew that the beating that Carol gave him was far worse than the average school spanking. He had thought about going to the hospital getting the authorities involved and having her charged with abuse or assault and battery, but in the end he decided that he did not want the publicity that such an act would create. Jamie did decide to document his injuries, and although it hurt like hell to do so he got out his digital camera and reached behind himself to take a few photos of his tortured back side. Next he gently applied some aloe lotion that he had left over from a previous sun burn to his throbbing bottom, laid down on his stomach and cried himself to sleep.

The next morning things went from bad to worse for Jamie. He knew that his parents had some business to attend to in town, and he pretended to be asleep until they left so he wouldn't have to deal with them. Tomorrow was graduation day, and then after the summer he would be off to MIT and away from all the people whom he felt had betrayed him. About one o'clock in the afternoon his phone began to ring. Jamie was going to ignore it when the caller ID showed that it was an out of state number. "Hello!" Jamie answered.

"Hello is James Mantle there? The voice asked.

"Speaking" Jamie replied.

"James this is Bill Bruster from MIT. I am calling to inform you that I called to check your records, and found out that you ended up with the final grade of a C in your English class this semester. I am afraid that puts you out of the running to be valedictorian of your school. I am sorry, but that also makes you ineligible for the scholarship that you applied for.

"But Mr. Bruster, it is all a mistake. My teacher lost a report that I turned in last Friday, and as a result she gave me a zero on the assignment, which brought my grade down to a C. It was an A before this happened, and I swear to you sir that I did turn it in when it was due." Jamie replied while visualizing his future crumbling before him.

"I'm sorry James, but my hands are tied. When your records showed that you became ineligible I had to award the scholarship to another student. Your grades and test scores are more than sufficient for enrollment at MIT, but I am afraid that you must come up with another form of financial aid. Unfortunately you are required by law to claim your parents income until such time as you turn 25 years of age, and that leaves you unable to qualify for any of our grant programs." He sadly stated.

"I understand Mr. Bruster. Thank you again for calling." Jamie replied in a shaky voice.

"You're welcome James, and again I am sorry." He replied before ending the call.

Jamie through himself on the bed and cried. In a matter of just a few days that bitch has not only severely injured him physically, but also destroyed something that he has worked his ass off for four years to try and accomplish. "His ass." he thought. Ya, don't even remind him of that, like he could really ever forget about it anyway, especially since it was still throbbing.

After he calmed down a bit Jamie thought about all the people who have hurt him in the last few days. His Dad who laughed when he was in pain. His Mom, who knew her girlfriend Carol better than she knew her own son, his Principal who had no trouble asking him to tutor some dumb jock, so that he could still be eligible to play sports, yet was too busy to intervene on Jamie's behalf when he had a problem, and last but certainly not least Carol. His teacher, friend and secret love. She had beaten him so badly that he thought he might pass out, and then managed to destroy his future in the process. "Well to hell with her. To hell with them all." Jamie concluded. "I'm leaving! I don't care if I see this lousy town or anyone in it ever again! Jamie decided. First however he had an errand to run.

The Mantle's returned late that evening, after doing some shopping for their son's graduation party the following day. The pair actually seemed to be getting along a bit better today, as Joe had decided to reframe from making any snide remarks about the situation with Jamie and Carol. Joe wasn't a bad guy actually, but his old school upbringing, and his warped since of humor could sometimes be misconstrued as malicious when it really wasn't meant to be. Sherrie knocked on his bedroom door before trying the handle only to find it locked again. Jamie did not acknowledge her request to talk to him, and a few seconds later he heard her footsteps as she walked away.

Jamie was up early the next morning, and left before his parents got out of bed. He did leave a note, but it simple stated that he had an errand to run and would be back later. It was signed J.

"What brings you in today James?" Principal Olson asked nervously.

"I came to pick up my diploma." Jamie answered.

"But why? Wouldn't you prefer to wait and receive it at graduation tonight with the rest of your class?" Principal Olson asked.

"If that was what I wanted I wouldn't be here right now." Jamie replied coldly.

"Very well!" he sighed digging through the stack of diplomas on his desk until finding the one with James's name on it. While bidding him congratulations his principal stood and handed Jamie the document in one hand, while extending his other for the customary handshake. Jamie took his diploma, but did not return Principal Olson's gesture.

"I'm sorry that it has to end like this. You were always one of my brightest students." Mr. Olson remarked.

"Why should you be sorry? Jamie asked. "Trisha will be named valedictorian just like you wanted. Don't worry I have no intention of telling her how she was only awarded such an honor after I got screwed out of it." Jamie spat.

"Are you accusing me of not helping you because I wanted my daughter to be named valedictorian?" He asked red faced. "I'll have you know young man that I am not in the habit of coming between a student and their instructors supervision methods, unless they jeopardize the laws of this state." He stated with conviction.

"Is that why last year you talked Mrs. Simmons into letting Luke Tanner, who was caption of the football team, retake his history test, even after he was caught cheating on it the first time around. Or the semester before that when you begged Mr. Clark into allowing the basketball team to use their calculators on their math tests. My Southmoore year you threatened to fire Miss. Lewis if she didn't give Ed Dover who was quarterback at the time a makeup quiz, that was rumored to be so easy a fifth grader could have passed it. I even recall you offering to pay me out of your own pocket to tutor Jeff Jenkins, so that he wouldn't miss the opening game against Glen Oak." Jamie replied totally taking the wind from his principal's sail.

"It seems to me that you have no problem sticking up for the jocks, but when it comes to an academic such as myself you couldn't bother to lift a finger to help me, even though you knew I was getting a raw deal. There are over a dozen awards with my name on them sitting right next to the sport trophies in the display case down the hall, yet I'm not important enough for you to take five minutes out of your day to have a talk with Miss. Dawson about her unreasonable behavior. I turned in that report, and if my computer file confirming its last modified date to be three days before the paper was due was not enough to convince you, my straight A transcripts and perfect school record sure as hell should have at the very least awarded me the benefit of the doubt." Jamie demanded.

123456...8