When You're Near Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
StormyNite
StormyNite
508 Followers

Makayla's barking knocked the brunette out of her stupor. She quickly grabbed the heated oil, applied it to her hands, rubbing them together before embarking on the most heavenly journey her palms and fingers had ever traveled.

Jessie's steady breath hitched when Ashley touched her. The blonde focused on her breathing, trying to regulate it so the massage therapist wouldn't notice.

Of course Ashley did and that observation brought a satisfied grin to the brunette's face.

The blonde tried to get her mind off the soothing hands that were sending shivers throughout her body. "So you always wanted to do this?"

Ashley's hands ran the length of the blonde's torso, sighing. "Oh, yeah."

The sound of the brunette's voice when she answered that question caused Jessie to wonder if Ashley was talking about massages or something else. So Jessie decided just to relax and enjoy the soft hands of the massage therapist as she worked her magic.

Makayla watched Ashley intently as she massaged the blonde. Ashley's hands found their way to Jessie's neck, rubbing lightly at first then gradually increasing the pressure until she heard the blonde moan. The massage therapist's hands engaged in a sexual dance as they traversed the smooth skin that blanketed the well-formed muscles below it. Strong, yet feminine, in every way. "You work out?" Ashley asked quite suddenly.

"Hmmm?" Jessie purred under the pleasant ministrations she was receiving.

"I suppose playing softball and lifting those cases at work... by the way, it'll be a good idea to stop doing that. Lifting the cases, I mean. At least until you feel better." Ashley didn't want anything happening to Jessie's beautiful back that she had just decided to personally care for.

The blonde's eyes remained closed as she drifted away from consciousness. "Mmm...."

Pleased with the desired effect she was giving the blonde, Ashley congratulated herself. "I am good."

That you are.

When the blonde didn't respond, Ashley added. "If I do say so myself." Her hands moved over the blonde's shoulders where she just as lovingly spread the same healing feelings. Ashley's fingers probed lower along both sides of the blonde's body and finally came to rest near the small of Jessie's back. Her hands paused only a moment as she envisioned a tattoo there. When she continued her ministrations, Ashley suggested. "You should get a tattoo here yourself." She thought for a moment. "Maybe a tribal one. I think it would be very sexy."

Blue eyes jumped wide open upon hearing that comment. "You do?"

"Yep." Ashley was beyond caring about what she was saying at the moment. Her hands were enjoying their work way too much.

"I dunno. Never really gave it much thought." Nine years before when Jessie had suggested to her then girlfriend that they get matching tattoos, that's when her world began to crumble. The lack of enthusiasm to her idea resulted in her girlfriend confessing that she wanted out of their relationship. "It's kinda a permanent thing."

"That it is." Ashley agreed, but sensed an underlying sadness in the way Jessie said it and decided to tease the blonde, hoping it would ward off the gloom in her voice. "Don't tell me you're a 'love 'em and leave 'em' kind of gal?" The massage therapist felt the blonde immediately tense up.Uh oh, struck a nerve. "Nah, I don't get that from you."

Jessie relaxed somewhat by that comment.

"Wanna talk about it?" Ashley tentatively asked.

The blonde sighed. "Long story."

"I've got time. I charge for the massage, not by the hour." Ashley leaned down, catching a brief glimpse of the blonde's eyes and winked.

Jessie chuckled. "And I thought you were giving it to me for free?"

"Well, I did offer. So the first one's free."

"I can't allow that. I was just kidding." The blonde assured the massage therapist.

"It's okay. Business has been good lately. As a matter of fact, you don't happen to know of someplace that I could lease to expand my business. Downtown area?" Ashley quizzed her client.

"There is an office complex across the street from where I work. Occasionally, it has openings." Jessie suggested. "And if you did get a place there, I wouldn't have to go far to get a massage."

"So you're satisfied with my work, huh?" Ashley combed the length of Jessie's back with the very tips of her fingers, eliciting the expected moan from her client.

Jessie sucked in a deep, relaxing breath and sighed. "Completely."

The massage therapist's hands stilled, but remained on the blonde's back. "Well, I'm done."

Yet, neither woman moved. Long moments passed with both women deep in thought before Jessie finally spoke. "Do you think it would be a good idea to get another massage? The seasons not even half way over so..."

"Yep and I'll set you up every week if you want." Ashley reached for her appointment book, but realized her hands were still oily. "Ah. When can you come back?"

Jessie held the towel in front of her as she rose. "I work all week and my softball games are on Thursday."

Seeing Jessie sitting there half-naked was distracting the brunette so she suggested. "Why don't you get dressed? Then we can see about when's a good time to come..." She swallowed hard as her eyes fell on the blonde's chest. "...again." Ashley quickly turned around and started to put away the oil.

Jessie noticed where Ashley's eyes had roamed and the blonde smiled.She sure embarrasses easily. The blonde jumped off the table and headed to the changing room. "Be right back."

Ashley washed her hands and replaced the towel on the table. She reached over and blew out the two burning candles. When the massage therapist leaned back, she felt a pull in her neck. Ashley cocked her neck and began to rub it. Once again, she was jolted by the sound of a voice directly behind her.

"You okay?"

"Yeah." Ashley turned and met the soft, caring eyes of the blonde. "It's just my neck. Gets a catch in it every once in a while."

"Turn around." Ashley did as she was instructed. "Now I'm not saying I'm any good or anything but..." Jessie placed both her hands on either side of the brunette's neck. "...I am a fast learner." The blonde proceeded to move her fingers and hands the same way the massage therapist had done on her.

Ashley easily fell into the seductive gentle soothing strokes of the blonde's hands on her neck. "You should do this for a living. God, you're good."

Jessie leaned in next to the brunette's ear. "So I've been told."

Those words echoed in the brunette's mind and she laughed. "That sounds like something I would say."

When Ashley turned around to face the blonde, Jessie's hands remained in place. Their eyes met again and something very familiar transpired between the two women without a word said.

It took a bark from Makayla to break the spell.

Jessie backed up. "I'm... when did you say I should come back?"

"Anytime."

"I'm not your only customer, you know." Suddenly, a dark thought crossed the blonde's mind. She began to wonder about Ashley's other clients.

The only one that counts. "Maybe not. But I do have a few special clientele and if you're good..." Ashley winked.

"According to you, I am." Jessie teased back.

Ashley pursed her lips and cocked an eyebrow. "I haven't created a monster, have I?"

Jessie stepped closer and asked seriously. "Have you?" The blonde wetted her lips, moving ever so slightly forward.

The intense heat she felt from being so close to the blonde was nearly her undoing. The brunette broke the tense filled moment by chuckling before she tapped the blonde on her shoulder lightly and slipped past Jessie. "Puhlease..." The pounding of Ashley's heart begged for what was about to happen between them. But it was fear that pulled her back from the desired precipice that she had longed dreamed of.

The blonde snapped from her trance as Ashley brushed by her.What the hell was that? I amnot going there again. Jessie turned just in time to see Ashley walk out of the door. "I'm sorry. I..." But the brunette was halfway down the hallway when she finished. "...don't know what I was doing?"

Makayla stared at the blonde with an inquisitive look on her face.

The blonde propped her hand on her hip and accused to the dog. "You know, you could've stopped me. Any other time you've barked."

After Ashley and Jessie agreed upon a time for her next appointment, the brunette walked the blonde to her BMW. "Cool car."

"Thanks." Jessie stopped near the passenger door. "Listen, I don't know if you like softball but..."

"I do." Ashley quickly confirmed. "I played a little in high school. Mostly basketball and soccer though."

Jessie shook her head, trying to decide if she should ask the brunette or not. "We got a game this Thursday at Dunsing Field. You could stop by if you're not doing anything."

"Why Jessie Stone are you asking me out on a date?" Ashley teased the blonde.

Surprised by Ashley's question, Jessie immediately answered. "No!"

Oh.

The brief sad look that crossed the brunette's face did not go unnoticed by Jessie. "I'd like to be friends. And I thought... well, never mind." Jessie started to turn away.

"Hold on. I'd like that, too. " Ashley stepped closer then peeked around Jessie. "Do your friends get to drive your car?"

Jessie laughed. "If they're good."

"Oh, I can be good." Ashley winked. "It's just a question of how good you want me to be?"

The blonde produced a counterfeit glare at Ashley. "I was talking about how good a driver they are."

Ashley glanced sideways at Jessie, offering the blonde her best innocent look. "And I wasn't?"

The bantering back and forth between the two women came naturally. They both enjoyed the light-hearted exchange, but did wonder at times the real meaning behind each other's words. "So will you come Thursday or not?"

Ashley nodded. "If you let me take you tattoo shopping?"

Jessie realized the brunette wasn't one to give up so easily when she had something on her mind. She walked around her sports car and slid in. "We'll talk about it Thursday." With that Jessie started her car, slipped it into gear and accelerated down the road with a smile on her face.

Ashley crossed one arm and let the other one rest on it as she tapped her lips with one finger. "Yes, we will." Her smile matched that of the blonde.

Chapter Five

Andrew Moore kicked the ball hard through the legs of his opponent. The ball scooted across the field to his best friend, Mitch Sullivan, and he waited for Andrew to get in the open before kicking it back to him. Andrew hurried his step and with one sure foot on the ball, kicked it straight into the net.

Ashley jumped upon seeing her brother score the game-winning goal. After congratulations from his teammates, Andrew searched and found where his sister was in the stands and nodded to her. The Hot Shots walked off the field with another victory for their team.

Mitch came running up beside him, happy to have assisted with the goal. "Hey, are we cool or what?"

Andrew's face beamed. "We're cool." They gave each other a high five.

Mitch followed his friend as Andrew made his way to where he sister was waiting. "Can you hang around for a while?"

"I think so." Andrew nodded. "You need a ride? Ashley's taking me home later."

"Nah, but mom said she'd be late picking me up." As they approached Andrew's sister, Mitch's gray eyes focused on the pretty brunette. "Hi!"

"Hey, Mitch. That was a nice pass." Ashley smiled at him as he tried desperately to hide his embarrassment.

Seeing his best friend smitten with his sister, Andrew shook his head before giving Ashley a hug.

"You did good, bubba." Ashley squeezed him tightly.

Her slightly taller brother said. "Thanks. I had a good teacher."

Ashley did show her younger brother several moves and practiced with him for years, but the handsome Andrew had a natural talent for knowing where the ball was heading and getting a good foot on it. "Aww, that's sweet."

When Ashley released him, she mussed his short hair. "Hey!" He pretended to be annoyed. "Mitch's mom won't be here for awhile. You care if we go watch some of the other teams?"

Ashley saw in which direction her green-eyed brother looked and noted that a couple of young girl's team were preparing for their game. "Sure. I was gonna stop by and watch Morgan play anyway. It's already started. So meet me there. Okay?"

Andrew nodded. "See ya."

"Bye."

The fourteen-year-old dark haired boy stared for a long moment at Ashley before Andrew bumped him. "You coming?"

Ashley watched her brother and his best friend run across the field and she smiled. Even though there was ten years difference between them, they were very close. Andrew would sometimes spend weekends at her place and she always tried to make all of his games. When she heard a loud cheer from a crowd behind her, Ashley turned and saw Breanne jumping in the bleachers. "I guess Morgan made a goal." She stopped by the concession stand before joining her friend in the stands. "Here." Ashley handed Breanne a coke while she sipped her Dr. Pepper. "What's the score?"

"Thanks. Morgan's made the only goal." Breanne watched her partner negotiate around another player and pass the ball half way down the field to one of her teammates before it was kicked away. "Uh oh."

Ashley settled in to watch the game. With each play, she wished that she could be out on the field with her old teammates.

While there was a short lull in the game, Breanne took the opportunity to ask about what happened at the bar last Thursday night. "Shae asked about you."

Ashley stared straight ahead at the players on the field, not wanting to have any particular conversation. "Okay."

Breanne looked at her friend. "I don't get it. Everyone I set you up with, you don't like?"

Ashley twisted around. "That's not why you wanted me to go Thursday, was it? To meet Shae?"

"No." Breanne said honestly. "But..."

The brunette sighed. "You know I don't go for that type. She's too butch for me. Besides..."

Breanne rolled her eyes. "Besides what? You could at least give her a chance."

Ashley's eyes turned back toward the field as she rubbed her temple. She prayed a headache wasn't on the horizon.

When her friend remained silent for a long moment, Breanne asked. "So what's with you and that Jessie girl?"

Ashley shrugged. "She's nice."

Breanne ducked her head down to get a closer look at Ashley's face. "You like her? You know, like that?"

Ashley chanced a quick look at her friend. "She wants to be friends. And I gave her a massage the other day."

Some movement on the field drew Breanne's attention away for a moment. "I asked Morgan about her."

Ashley shot her friend a curious look.

"She works in a gay bar where she could get lots of dates, but doesn't."

The massage therapist turned to her friend and asked seriously. "And that means what?"

Breanne shrugged. "Probably nothing, I guess."

"Breanne. You're gonna tell me anyway, so..." Ashley knew her friend well.

Even as she watched her partner chasing the ball on the field, Breanne spoke to Ashley, but what she said about Jessie applied to Morgan as well, at least in her mind. "She's one of those that will never commit. Oh, she wants you around when it's convenient, but..."

As Ashley heard her friend's complaint fade away, the brunette knew Breanne's last comment was directed at Morgan. "You said she didn't date."

Breanne casually dismissed her friend's comment and stared off into space as she continued. "...when it comes to really being there in the relationship, forget it."

"She just wants to be friends anyway." Ashley sighed, not really agreeing with what she said next. "And I'm okay with that."

When Morgan came running off the field, Breanne stood up. "What's wrong?"

Morgan jumped on the bleachers, stepping up until she reached her girlfriend. "You got a Band-Aid?" The dark haired soccer player sat down and held out her hand to Breanne. It was bleeding.

"What happened?" She searched in her purse.

Morgan was intently watching the game. "Snagged something sharp, don't know. Can you hurry up?"

Ashley leaned forward and said. "You guys are playing good defense, but you need to push it hard on the left. That's their weak side."

Morgan laughed. "That's why we need you back. What do ya say?"

In deep thought, Ashley said. "Maybe... one day."

"Come on, Bre!" Morgan was shaking her hand. "Hurry up."

Breanne wrapped the Band-Aid on quickly, and when her partner jumped up, she nearly yelled. "Morgan!"

Turning around quickly, the dark haired woman impatiently asked. "What?"

Breanne's face contorted in frustration at her partner's inattention to her. Her lips pursed together as she let out a heavy sigh.

Recognizing that look, Morgan dropped her shoulders, rolled her head, then ducked down before soundly kissing her partner. Breanne brought her arms up around her lover's neck and held Morgan in place for a long moment before finally letting go. Then just as quickly as she arrived, Morgan bounced down the bleachers and back onto the field.

Several people in the crowd gawked at the display. Ashley felt a bit embarrassed by all the attention her friends drew with that kiss. The brunette rubbed the side of head and looked away, trying to avoid the staring eyes of the onlookers. It was times like these that Ashley severely wondered if she would ever be that open with her partner in public. This fear haunted her and she questioned herself if it would be the sticking point that would keep her from finding true happiness with a woman.

They watched the rest of the game in relative silence as they waited patiently for Morgan to bid her friends farewell before joining them at the bleachers. Morgan enjoyed the company of good friends and was always the center of attention with her out-going personality and sense of humor.

"Hey, girls. What do you say we celebrate?" Morgan grinned, then gave Breanne a wink.

"Count me out." Ashley said. "Andrew's with me."

"Hi!" The young man stepped up next to his sister. "Guess you're ready, huh?"

Ashley wrapped her arm around her brother. "Yep, perfect timing."

"Next time, maybe." Morgan said to Ashley then turned to Breanne. She slid her arm around her girlfriend and whispered in her ear, which made Breanne smile.

Breanne turned her imploring brown eyes at Ashley. "Why don't you come by after you've dropped Andrew off?"

Shaking her head, Ashley declined. "Nah, we're gonna stop and get something to eat before I take him home."

Morgan kissed Breanne on the cheek before she said. "I'll meet you at the car. I gotta talk with someone first, okay?"

But Breanne never had time to answer before Morgan rushed off. Her curious brown eyes trailed her partner until the shorthaired woman reached one of the players on her team. "Ashley... please?" She finally tore her eyes away from Morgan.

"Sorry, but how about Thursday? We could go back to the bar." Ashley suggested with a small, hopeful smile on her face.

"I don't know. Morgan will probably want to but..." Breanne was tired of going out all the time and having to share her girlfriend with the rest of their friends.

Ashley thought her friend was going to turn down her suggestion until a thought seemed to occur to Breanne.

"I'll call you. Or better yet, I'll stop by on Wednesday. I could use another massage. Having to lean over those patients all day at work hurts my back."

"Alrighty. See ya Wednesday." Ashley turned to her brother. "You ready, sport?"

"I was born ready." He winked at his sister and ran to her truck.

"Bye. Take care." Ashley said to Breanne and waved to Morgan before she followed her brother. She was hopeful that if Breanne mentioned the bar to Morgan, they would be going there Thursday night. It wasn't like Ashley couldn't go alone. But the brunette wanted to cover her options, just in case.

StormyNite
StormyNite
508 Followers