Whispers of the Moon Ch. 01-02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What the hell happened? What did you do to make her run?"

"Nothing, Carson. Honestly we were just standing here when she finally looked this way. She saw us and took off running in the opposite direction, then she tripped, fell and put her arm out to stop her fall. I think I herd the bones snap." Said Cable earnestly. "I think it's safe to assume that she hit her head judging from the blood seeping from her left temple."

Bending down Carson gently picked up the girl. Even with all the mud, grass and bruises she was still a beautiful girl. A human girl Carson continued to remind himself, though he thought of humans as equals.

Werewolves and humans just did not mate. It hadn't been done since the ancient times, which made his confusion and anger at his feelings worse. Knowing that with a head wound, time was of the essence. He told his soldiers and second to go ahead to the den and make sure everything was ready and waiting for him when he got there, not trusting anyone not to touch her but himself. His possessiveness was clear to all in the tensing of the muscles as his pack members ran ahead to prepare everything.

************************

"Did you see the look on his face as we passed him? He looked as though he was going to attack us, as if she was his mate." Said Tegan.

"But she couldn't have been. They haven't even been together; we would have smelled Carson on her. Right guys?" Said Alana with a worried look in her eyes.

"Yeah right babe" Said Tegan looking over her head at Cable with a worried look in his eyes.

When they finally arrived at the den, Roger was waiting for them with a worried look in his eyes. Seeing the three warriors return back alone, Roger began to worry that something had gone wrong that had caused Carson to stay behind.

Racing out to meet them as soon as they were in sight, Roger could hardly stop from blurting out all the questions and concerns whirling about in his head. As they shifted he handed them each a change of clothes, waited patiently until they had changed into the clothes themselves before beginning to speak his concerns. "Has anything happened? Where is Carson? And what of the young girl?" Said Roger quite concerned of course.

"Take a chill pill Roger." Said Cable.

"Carson our almighty alpha is fine and in one piece. He is bringing the girl, but must travel slowly. In fact that's why we're here, we're supposed to be preparing his room, calling the pack doctor and trying to get one of the Elders to answer a phone." Replied Tegan.

"But if Carson is all right then why do we have a need for the pack doctor?" Asked Roger.

"The doctors not coming for Carson, he's coming to tend to the girl." Said Tegan.

"Guys, Carson said he wanted us to have everything ready for him when he got here. I think we should get moving. Oh! Roger can you air out Carson's room and get the bed ready for the girl?"

"Get moving all of you now. I'll take care of contacting the elders. Alana, can you please call the doctor. Tegan, you notify the pack and tell them to keep away." Said Cable in a demanding tone before striding out the door.

"What bug crawled up his butt?" Said Alana.

"I'm not sure." Said Tegan

Grabbing Tegan by the arm she ran down the west wing hallway into Carson's private business room. "Come on Tegan, we will call the Doc from Carson's phone, then alert all the betas and tell them to call everyone for a pack meeting." Said Alana.

************************

Gabriel woke up to the shrill ringing of his cellphone and his very pregnant mate grumbling.

"H'llo?" Gabriel said stifling a yawn, as his mate laying next to him rubbed her very pregnant belly, and settling down and going back to sleep. "What do you want?" Growled the now wide awake Gabriel.

"I know that this is not the best time to be calling, considering how close to giving birth Jaden is, but Carson wants you here ASAP." Said Alana.

"What does he need this time? Are there still problems in the pack?" Said Gabriel laughingly.

"Knock it off Gabe, this is serious. We have a hurt human who appears to have a severe head wound out here and she needs some help. So get your ass out of bed and get it here now."

"OK I'll be there in about 15 minutes." Said Gabriel.

"Hurry!" Said Alana hanging up the phone. Hearing the dial tone and the finality of her last words, Gabriel reached over and gently shook his wife awake.

"There had better be a good reason you're waking me up at 1 in the morning Gabe or I'm gonna kick your ass." Said Jaden with a warning growl.

"I'm sorry Jade, but Carson needs my help and I didn't want you to wake up and wonder where I had gone. I might not be back until morning." Said Gabe, placing soft kisses along Jaden's silky smooth skin, which had only gotten softer with her pregnancy.

"What now?" said Jaden now completely awake.

"Apparently it's urgent, other than that I don't know much more. I'm sorry babe, I'll bring you back some Ben & Jerry's though," said Gabriel. Climbing off the bed he started putting on his well worn black jeans, grabbing a shirt from his closet and his bag from underneath his bedside table.

"Cookie dough ice cream right?" Said Gabe, leaning over and placing a soft kiss on his wife's forehead as she drifted back to sleep. "Bring back two tubs or don't come back at all." Said Jaden yawning and already drifting off. Chuckling to himself Gabe left the house, shutting the doors quietly. He got in his car and sped off towards the den. He was breaking more than a few more than a few laws getting there.

************************

Moving as quickly as possible with the dead weight of the young woman in his arms, Carson easily navigates through the darkness of the forest. Reaching out with his mind he tried to see if Skyler was still with him. Carson was surprised when he met resistance while trying to enter her mind. Confused at the barrier that seemed to shield the young woman's mind, he tried once again. This time more forcefully than before. He managed to breach whatever shield or barrier that had been put up, only to find nothing more than silence.

Not bothering to watch where he was going, Carson stumbled over her purse that was lying in the clearing, which became lost in the girl's struggles with her attacker. Carson steadied himself and re-arranged his grip on the girl so he could pick up her purse as well, slinging it over his shoulder. He took off towards his home den once again.

************************

"Come on Alana, we've got to get the pack together before Carson comes back and fillets and fries all our asses." Said Tegan grabbing Alana's arm and taking off towards the other side of the building where the Omegas stayed during their off time. Walking into the Omegas' lounge he looked around.

"Are all the Omegas present?" There were a few mixed muttering between all the Omegas before a beautiful young werewolf with brown hair, shapely hips a large bust and a sweet and sultry voice like honey stepped forward.

"All the Omegas are here Tegan, Sir, except those out on assignment for the Alpha and Jillian who is sick."

"Thank you Kiersten." Tegan said with a half smile, ignoring Alana's warning growl. Tegan turned around and began walking out the door, flinging his orders over his shoulder, "Get everyone in the den's pack room A.S.A.P. then come find me once your done."

Relax babe she's nothing compared to you, besides I like a challenge. Alana said, turning toward Tegan and giving him a sexy smile. "You know we do have some extra time before the meeting, we could have some fun. What do you say sexy?" Tegan said nothing but proceeded to take a quick right into the warriors' wing heading towards his room.

************************

"I don't give a fuck if Leslie is unavailable to talk right now, get him on the line now! We have a major problem out here. One human is dead, one is half alive and Carson wants to talk to an elder the minute he gets back to the den. So get Leslie on the phone now!"

"I'll see what I can do but stop yelling at me. Hold please." Replied Rain, Leslie's personal assistant for the past 75 years.

"No damn it I won't hold!" Growled Cable only to be cut off by the click of the hold button and the corny elevator music that people are forced to listen to while on hold.

Rain got up from her large mahogany desk, closed the door to her office and then proceeded into Leslie's office. The Elder in question was fast asleep on the couch instead of being on the phone conference he was supposed to be on. Rain walked over to the couch and gently began to shake the Elder awake.

Though he was an elder, Leslie Cauldermen did not look like he was. He was middle aged to humans, and was thankful for that, you see werewolves don't age like humans. It took them hundreds of years to age the way humans did in such a short time, so this helped to prolong their life and in some ways ensuring the continuation of the species.

Still in peak physical condition, Leslie picked Rain up, flipped her and had her underneath him in seconds with his arm against her throat. Keeping a steady pressure on it until he fully awoke and realized just who it was.

"Oh my god Rain. I'm so sorry. Here let me help you up." Leslie reached a hand out to help his secretary into a more dignified position.

"Rain you know better than to sneak up on me." Said Leslie with a sheepish grin.

"I know Sir, but there is an urgent phone call from Carson's second, Cable. Apparently there's a human dead on the pack's land, another one in critical condition on her way to the den and evidently Carson himself wants to speak to you as soon as he gets back into the den."

"How many times do I have to tell you Rain, it's Les. I'd be more than willing to take the phone call. It seems important but next time, just buzz me on the intercom unless you want a repeat of this little incident."

"Yes, sir… I mean Les. I'll buzz you on the intercom next time. I think that would be safer for all involved. I'll go tell Cable that you'll take the call and then patch him through to you."

"Thank you Rain and would you mind ordering out for me? It seems I've missed supper, my usual from Juan's, if you please." Said Les winking at Rain as she left the office.

"Yes, Sir. Would you like some coffee as well Les?"

"Yes, thank you Rain" Said Les.

************************

Roger finished putting the clean new sheets on the bed and took the old ones to the Omega, who he had been pulled aside to help him clear the room. "Take these to the laundry please Gregory." Said Roger, turning to the bed and throwing the well used pillows off the bed and putting them in the closet that held Carson's clothing.

Closing the closet doors, he ran to the bed to pull the fresh blanket down in the similar style that maids do in a hotel room, putting fresh pillows with clean pillow cases on the bed. As he did he heard the side of the building underneath the room open the same doors that Carson had left through not so long ago. Rushing down to the entry of the side hall entrance, Roger was amazed at what he saw.

Carson wearily opened the side door to the den that led into the mud room beneath his room. He was carrying her as gently as he could. Carson wearily continued on knowing that he would be able to set her down and finally relax when he got to his room. Suddenly he stopped, smelling another male pack member near by. Bracing himself to prepare for a fight, Carson was startled when he finally recognized the scent.

It was Roger.

"Sir, do you need some help?" asked Roger with a worried look on his face.

"No, I'm fine Roger, just take her purse, and look for some ID while you're at it. All I need is to get her safe in my room and sit down for 5 minutes to relax."

"Yes, of course Carson." Said Roger, slipping the purse off Carson's shoulder and opening it while speed walking to try to keep up with him. Looking through the purse and only seeing the lipstick, gum, hand sanitizer and cell phone. Finally Roger found Skyler's driver's license.

"Ah here it is, apparently her name is Skyler Lawrence. She's 5'5'', 115 lbs and she lives on 368 Larken Drive in Medicine Hat, Alberta. Wait a minute, Alberta? She's Canadian? What's she doing here in Pendleton? Oh and here's a work card. Apparently she's an executive assistant for one of the head honchos of Vanderburen Inc. Hmm, she doesn't look like an executive assistant, does she Carson?"

"No, I guess not, I'll tell Leslie what we know about her when I talk to him. Now let's get her settled into my room so Gabe can examine her."

"Yes, Sir." Roger rushed up the last steps and rounding the corner to open Carson's waiting room and bedroom door. Carson rounded the corner growing more restless with each step. Finally seeing his room Carson quickened his strides.

Walking swiftly to his bed Carson gently set Skyler down on the bed and peeled off her soiled dress then covered her with the clean linens. Closing the door of his room, he walked to the sitting room's dirty linen basket and pulled out the jeans and t-shirt he had worn yesterday and changed into some semi-clean clothing.

"Here Sir, this might help calm your nerves while we wait for Gabriel to come check out the young lady," said Roger handing Carson a glass of his favorite brandy.

"Thank you Roger, you know me too well" Carson downed half the glass in one long pull.

"Well, I should, you are the insolent boy I raised from a pup." Said Roger with a half smile, cuffing Carson lightly on the side of the head.

"You may have raised me from a pup but I'm still the alpha so show me some respect old man." Said Carson grinning a bit.

************************

Gabe pulled into the front drive of the manner, grabbed his bag and strode to the front door. Not bothering to knock, he walked straight in through the front door stopping a young omega as soon as he saw one. "Where is Carson? I was told to come here immediately."

"I think he's in his room Doctor." Said the young pup with a slightly frightened look on his face.

"Thanks pup. Oh and its Gabriel to pack members, by the way." Said Gabe whirling around and started striding up the stairs and making haste to Carson's room.

"Well, I'm here, what's the emergency Carson?" Knocking twice on the sitting room door before entering, taking in the scene before him.

"Good you're here. We have a small problem." Said Carson rising to shake hands with Gabe.

"Well, if it's a small problem then why did you have me called at 1 in the morning?" Said Gabe becoming a little irritated.

"Because I'm not a doctor and I know almost nothing about humans or their anatomy. Come with me and I'll show you why you were called at 1 in the morning." Carson opened the door to the bedroom and closed it once both Roger and Gabe were over the threshold and in the room. Smelling the overpowering sent of a human in the room, Gabe walked over to the bed to look to see what could be causing the scent. Sitting on the edge of the bed and seeing the girl he could only draw one conclusion. "Carson why is there a severely injured human in your bed!?!" demanded Gabe.

"Don't yell at me Gabe. We may be friends but I am the alpha and you will show me respect. Now if you'll calm down I'll explain everything to you in a minute. OK?" Said Carson.

"The girl was in Pryden's Forrest, she was being attacked by someone; I think he was some kind of thug or a professional of some sort. He was going to rape and kill her. I was out for my nightly run to relieve my stress, when I stopped on Mt. Cyanide's peak to view the forest. When I heard her screams, I ran back here, notified Roger and told him to send Cable and two of our best warriors out to help in case things went wrong for some reason. I managed to track her scent to the clearing in the woods with the small log we used to play in as pups and the dead tree. When I got there he was reaching into the log and pulling her out by the hair. I had no choice. I either had to watch him kill her and then deal with the police, to explain how and why her body got to be there or to kill him.

It seemed like the better choice would be to kill him and have the body disposed of. I didn't like the feelings I got from him either. He was slime. So I ripped out his throat but by the time I finished making sure he was dead, she ran. Unfortunately Cable and the others happened to be in the direction she ran, she saw them and freaked. She turned to run and tripped over an unearthed tree root and fell. Hit her head off a sharp rock and snaped her wrist as she fell. So I picked her up and headed back to the house. Along the way I found her purse and here we are." Said Carson looking for a reaction from his long time friend.

"Well, then I guess I should take a look at her, you said you think she shifted some broken bones? How do you know she has broken bones Carson?"

"When she tripped and fell she put out her arm to break her fall. I heard the snap of breaking bones. She may not have broken the bone but at the very least she popped it out of the joint." Carson frowned at the memory of the sound.

"I see, well we'll have to get her down to the examination room if we're ever going to know if is broken or not. OK let's get her down there." Said Gabe.

"Roger please go and get one of the stretchers from the infirmary, and bring it back here A.S.A.P." Said Carson walking over to his wardrobe and pulling out a clean pressed dress shirt. "And Roger, close the door when you go."

"I was going to anyway Carson."

Walking swiftly down the hall Roger soon arrived at the elevator that led to the sick bay. Walking in he saw 3 omegas visiting their sick friend, who was laughing sleepily at their well wishes and jokes. Walking over to the only nurse they kept at the den; he looked down to the logs and asked what was wrong.

"It seems the omega Jillian got a bad case of food poisoning. She was moved into the infirmary because she didn't want to have to worry about making her room stink from the vomit." Replied Samara.

"I see Samara, could you prepare the X-ray room and show me which stretcher is the cleanest. We're going to have to X-ray someone A.S.A.P."

"This one over here is the cleanest. It hasn't been used in over 6 months. Let me just get you some new sheets to put on it, and then I'll prepare the X-ray room. Speaking of which, who needs an X-ray? I haven't heard any talk of someone in the pack being hurt." Said Samara while grabbing some fresh linens from the linen closet.

"If you're trying to ask either if the rumors about is the human really here and if it's her I'm talking about, then yes it is but you must keep it quiet. Not one peep to anyone, not even your closest friend."

"OK. I'll keep it quiet, but I guess you'll need the protection pad as well. Which size should I get one of the large ones or a smaller one?"

"One of the smaller ones should do nicely, and make sure that the omegas that are healthy are out of here before we come back."

"Sure Roger, will do."

Roger left the infirmary with a smile walking to the elevator, humming a happy tune. When the elevator doors opened, Roger was still smiling but no longer humming. For he did not think it would be appropriate to be humming and smiling, when the situation for this poor young human did not look good. Opening the room Roger let out a sigh at the somber and tense atmosphere in the room. Pushing the stretcher in the room he brought it as close to the bed as possible. Grabbing one of the pillows from the bed, he helped Carson gently lift Skyler and place her on the stretcher. She moaned loudly in pain, but did not rouse from her unconscious state