Working with Models

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You can get dressed now," said Andrew, although his expression told her he was in two minds about making the suggestion. "I'm sure Rupert will appreciate it. He knew he couldn't expect you to be so, um, professional about it. I promise that only Rupert will get a copy of that last set with the, um, without the..."

Chloe smiled. "Don't forget to send me a copy too. And I expect that you will probably want to keep a copy yourself." As she turned and walked back towards the changing area, she could see Andrew in the mirror rearranging the bulge that had formed in his pants.

++++++++++

Andrew sent the photos to both Rupert and Chloe in the same email, which meant that she and Rupert now had each other's email address. A short time later Chloe received a very complimentary email from Rupert. She wrote back, asking him to do her a favour. The following day, when she was at work, a delivery man wheeled a clothing rack into her studio.

++++++++++

When Andrew arrived at Chloe's work that evening to model for her, she couldn't help laughing at the expression on his face when he recognised the clothing as coming from his brother. Rupert mostly designed clothing for women, but he did do some for men too as a side line, mainly aimed at the gay community. He favoured bright colours, tight pants, and more see-through fabrics. Having Rupert providing the outfits had really taken a lot of the stress out of it for Chloe. She knew that Karyn and April would love it simply because they were seeing more genuine Rupert Redpath pieces. Because it was now like a proper fashion shoot with the focus on the clothing, all she had to do with Andrew was ask him to stand there and look bored and everyone would be happy with her photography.

For Chloe, the shoot went smoothly. Andrew obviously found it uncomfortable wearing such flamboyant clothing when his normal preference was to escape attention. However, he found it easy to give her a bored facial expression, so she didn't have the same challenges she had when she had asked him to look angry during their first session.

There was one moment where she made him laugh. Rupert had included a shirt which was a male version of the pink blouse he had given her, and she could see his nipples through it. "I've got a bra you can borrow," she said.

There was another moment, right at the end, where things became too uncomfortable for Andrew. The final outfit was what Chloe called a playsuit, a one-piece t-shirt and shorts outfit which was quite figure-hugging. The fabric was amazing, with cute little line drawings and Italian words printed in various places. She started taking a few close-ups, starting with his back and then his front. Without really thinking about it, she crouched down and focused the camera on a drawing just to the right of his groin. Then, right before her eyes, she saw his bulge grow from a small lump into a long shaft which strained against the fabric of the shorts. Reflexively she took the photograph before standing up again.

Andrew's face was bright red. "I'm so sorry about that," he said. "I didn't mean to offend you."

"It's not a problem," she said. "I know guys can't really control it."

"Um, can I ask you to not send that last photo to anyone, especially not to Rupert? That would be really weird."

"I can keep a copy for myself though, can't I?" she said. He looked like he was trying to think of a suitable answer, but nothing came out. He gave up and went away to get dressed.

++++++++++

The following Sunday afternoon, Chloe asked Andrew to meet her at the local public swimming pool. The topic of their homework was sports or action photography. Chloe had long been looking for an opportunity to use her underwater camera, and she had a vision for a series of photographs of a person swimming, shot from underneath with sunlight streaming past in a certain way. She was an experienced scuba diver, so she managed to persuade the pool manager to let her use the outdoor diving pool. It wasn't being used by the public because they didn't have enough lifeguards to staff it.

After going to their respective locker rooms to change into their swimsuits, Chloe and Andrew met by the side of the pool. Andrew waited patiently while Chloe organised her oxygen, weight belt and fins. She then explained what she wanted him to do. She asked him do breast stroke with a long pause between each stroke when he would just glide through the water. He was swimming across the pool, so it didn't take him long to reach each side and turn around for another pass. Chloe swam around underneath him looking for the perfect angles for the sunlight.

Chloe started to get some great shots where she could actually see the water flowing around Andrew's face and chest. It looked beautiful and graceful. The problem was with his lower body. He was wearing baggy boardshorts which were totally disrupting the flow of the water around his body. She came to the surface to speak to him.

"I don't suppose you brought any other swimsuits with you?"

"No."

"I really need to get you out of those baggy things you're wearing," she said. He looked stunned, so she hastily added "I mean, we need to find you a different swimsuit."

She got out of the pool and walked to the office where there was a sign saying they had swimsuits and towels for hire. The woman gave her a strange look when she asked to hire a man's Speedo in what she hoped was Andrew's size. She took them back to the diving pool and held them out for Andrew. "Here, do you mind changing into these?"

She expected that he would get out of the pool to go to the changing room, but he surprised her by looking around. There was nobody nearby. "Um, back up a bit," he said. She stepped back from the pool until he was satisfied that she couldn't see anything other than his head. He started to wriggle a bit, and then he put his swimsuit on the side of the pool. He then grabbed the Speedo, and she saw some more wriggling before he declared that he was ready.

Chloe got back in the pool and went underneath the water, and she immediately saw a big problem. She resurfaced. "Do you need a few moments to solve maths problems in your head or something?" she said.

"Sorry!"

They both spend an awkward minute just staring into the distance before Andrew quietly said "I'm ready."

They resumed their photoshoot, and Chloe was a lot happier with the result. The light effect now showed the water flowing smoothly along Andrew's entire body with a lot less disruption from his swimsuit. She did note quietly to herself that, although he was no longer erect, he still filled out the Speedo quite impressively. She took a moment to appraise his body. He was well-built. He had orange hair on his chest and under his arms, and there were a few wisps poking out of his swimsuit to indicate that his pubic hair was just as orange. There was a woman at her work who had a huge crush on Ed Sheeran which Chloe had never really understood, but she had to admit that Andrew was attractive.

++++++++++

They sat down for coffee in the pool cafe after they got dressed. Andrew was trying to think of ideas for his photoshoot the following evening. "Do you play any sports?" he asked.

"Not anymore," Chloe replied. "I played tennis in high school, if that helps."

"That would work," said Andrew. "We could book a court at the indoor tennis place and hire one of those tennis ball machines."

"Ok, we could do that."

There was a long pause as Andrew seemed to be searching for the right words to say next. "Please feel free to say no, but have you got one of those cute tennis dresses you could wear?"

"Why? This is meant to be about the action, not the clothing." Chloe could feel her heart beating faster.

"I know. Sorry. I did have some reasons, but we don't have to discuss it any further if you don't want to."

"We can talk about it," said Chloe softly.

"Well, part of it is to do with next week. I know we are both pretty anxious about the erotica assignment. I know that we haven't made any agreement about it, but the truth is, the idea of doing it with April is freaking me out. I'm far more comfortable with you. We've already seen each other in swimsuits and see-though clothing. You were very understanding when I got those erections. And since I'm being completely honest here, I will also admit that I have a thing for tennis players. I love the dresses, the ponytails through the back of their caps, the way they put the spare ball under their skirts, the whole deal. You are very beautiful, and I think the photos would end up being, well, aesthetically pleasing. So I figure that, if you are willing to model a tennis dress knowing how much I like it, and if I can prove to you that I can be professional about it and make you feel comfortable, then maybe you might consider us doing the erotica assignment together."

Chloe was surprised at how excited she was feeling, but she was careful not to seem too keen. "I'll think about it," she said.

++++++++++

The following day, Chloe went shopping in her lunch break for a tennis dress. In high school she had always worn a polo shirt and baggy shorts with proper pockets. She picked out a cute yellow sleeveless dress and she also picked out some of the special underwear with the pockets for tennis balls. She decided to buy black underwear rather than trying to match the colour of the dress. She figured that Andrew would love idea of glimpsing the different colour.

Andrew looked delighted when she arrived at the tennis centre. Even though the indoor courts were lit by fluorescent lights, she had worn a cap with her hair in a ponytail out through the back, just as he said he had liked it.

Andrew had gotten there early to set up the ball machine and get his camera ready, but that didn't mean that the photo shoot went any quicker. It took a long time for him to get good shots, and even after a lot of practice it was still largely luck when he got a good one. Chloe quickly found her rhythm and started to feel good about her form, confidently stroking the balls back over the net. She even started to feel comfortable with the attention she was receiving. It wasn't just Andrew looking at her. The presence of the camera meant they were getting plenty of curious glances from the courts around them. She starting swinging her hips with slightly more energy knowing that her skirt was dancing around and flying up on occasions. And during one of their breaks to fill up the ball machine again, Chloe suggested that she might try a few serves. This gave her the opportunity to use the pockets underneath her skirt. Although the act was commonplace in women's tennis, she still liked the idea that Andrew found it sexy.

++++++++++

As always when their homework was shown to the rest of the class, Karyn kept Andrew's and Chloe's photos to last as her star students. Chloe felt especially proud of her underwater photos of Andrew, but she also felt proud of Andrew's shots of her playing tennis. Their efforts received plenty of praise. "You two seem to have a great understanding," said Karyn.

"I can't wait to see what they do on the next assignment," added April. "Do tell me that you will continue to work together."

"I guess so," said Chloe awkwardly. They hadn't actually confirmed anything yet.

++++++++++

"The word 'erotica' can mean just about anything," said Karyn, beginning the night's topic. "Some people think that it means only soft-core stuff like this." She showed a picture of a woman, naked except for stockings, with one arm covering her breasts while the other concealed her vulva. "Or this," continued Karyn, showing a similar shot only this time of a man with his hands over his junk. "Or, at the most, this," said Karyn. This time the photo was a profile shot of a naked couple in a doggy position. The photo didn't show any genitals, and the woman's breast was covered by the man's hand. "But in reality, the word 'erotica' can and does also include this," continued Karyn. A surprised gasp went around the room as the next photo showed the same scene, only this time it explicitly showed the man's erection entering the woman's pussy. Karyn smiled at the reaction.

"Some say that 'erotica' is different from pornography because it is meant to be art, but who is to say what art is." She showed a soft-core photograph of a naked woman draped with a large snake which hid her breasts and genitals. "Is this art, or is it just some kinky, snake-fetish pornography? And how about this?" She showed a still from the movie Calendar Girls showing the naked actresses covering themselves with Christmas carol song sheets. "Is this art, or just a cheesy movie? And what about this? Is this art, or perverted filth?" The final photograph showed a naked man tied with ropes to a saw horse on a building site. There was a large dildo protruding from his ass. Out of all the photos, it occurred to Chloe that this one was the most skillfully shot. The lighting was fantastic, as was the blurry effect of the background which drew the attention back to the main subject. That photo certainly fitted her definition of art.

"Now, before anyone gets too freaked out," continued Karyn, "let's remember what the subject of our course is. I'm not here to teach you teach you how to create erotica, or even to define what it is. I would make the case that all of those photos could be considered erotica, but maybe only some of them might have aroused you. It is just as likely that some of them would have disturbed you. We're not here to judge each other's preferences. What I do want to teach you about is how to work with models. And when I say models, I'm not talking about porn stars. To be honest, I don't know anything about working with porn stars."

"Now, I can think of two different scenarios here that will be relevant. The first is when you need to use a professional model like April here for a project involving nudity or some sort of sexual content. Maybe it's an art project that you feel passionate about, or maybe you're doing an advertisement for a new sex toy. The second scenario is what we might call boudoir photography, which is when a client asks you to take erotic photographs of them. There are obviously some key differences between these two scenarios, but they also have a lot in common."

A lot of the class was about creating clear expectations about what the photographs would involve, and getting consent. "Ideally, the shoot should be planned in advance and clearly explained to the model. You must do what you can to avoid the situation where you only tell them a small portion of what you want and then pressure them to go further and further. Obviously, there may be times, particularly on an art project, when your inspiration changes and you want to go in a different direction, but you should still stop and explain what you want to do and get their consent to continue without putting them under any undue pressure."

There was also a lot of advice about how to create a safe environment. Some key rules were hammered home. "Remember to ask for permission each and every time you touch your model, even if it's something as minor as rearranging the way their skirt is draped over their thigh. Or maybe you want to move your model's long hair so that it's either hiding or not hiding their breasts, depending on what's agreed. Most of the time you will ask the model to do these things themselves, but that isn't always possible."

Another rule was about relationships between photographers and models. "You have to acknowledge that there is almost always some sort of power imbalance at play, so I believe it is unethical to start a relationship between the two. However, I should also point out that we aren't doctors or therapists. I'm not saying that you should never hook up. All I'm saying is that you should wait for the project to be over."

Towards the end of the class, Karyn spoke more directly about their homework assignment. "I'm not going to tell you what you can and can't do. As we said earlier, the definition of erotica can include a lot of things. At the end of the day, what you do will be governed by the limits of your models. There is no expectation of nudity, but it isn't prohibited. That includes penises, erect or not, covered or uncovered, it's up to you. I will say on behalf of April, however, that she will not be getting naked for you, and that is not negotiable."

"I will be wearing panties at all times," clarified April. "I will consider being topless as long as my nipples aren't in the photos, but only if I can have the shot set up without having to expose them to you. Now, I know that this is a lot more restrictive than my boundaries with professional photographers, but that's just the way it is. There are too many guys out there who take classes like these just for the chance to get a woman to expose themselves to them." She seemed to be looking directly at Alistair when she said this.

++++++++++

Once the class had ended and supper was being served, Chloe turned in her seat and looked Andrew right in the eye. "I guess it's my turn again to be the model first. I want to be wearing something, although I guess it's okay if it's a little bit see-through. If you want me in sexy lingerie, then it's your job to buy it and I get to keep it afterwards. I don't mind coming to your house again -- in some ways I prefer it -- but I want Rupert to be there for my peace of mind. Mind you, I certainly don't want him in the room watching us, but close enough to hear me shout if I need to. Is that okay? Just text me the details of when and where."

"Thank you so much," said Andrew. "I haven't worked out a plan yet, but I will get to work on it. Um, do you mind if I ask you something?"

"What?"

Andrew blushed. "Can you tell me your bra size? I really don't want to ask Rupert to tell me."

Chloe blushed too. "I'll text you."

++++++++++

When Chloe knocked on the door of Andrew's house, Rupert was there to let her in. "Chloe, how wonderful to see you. Come in. I finally persuaded Andrew to show me the photos of him that you took in the pool. They were sensational. You really have talent."

"Did he also show you the ones he took of me at the tennis court?" she asked.

"What, with you wearing sportswear? That's not really my thing. If you want to find Andrew, he's in his bedroom down the hall, last door on the right. I'll be hanging out in my office if you need anything."

Chloe found the hallway littered with boxes and furniture, and the reason became obvious when she arrived at Andrew's room. He had obviously done a lot of work setting his bedroom up as a studio. He had removed the majority of his possessions aside from his bed and two side tables. Chloe was pleased to note that the bed seemed to have clean sheets. There was no duvet or blankets. The thing that really stood out was the light. Andrew had covered the window on the outside with some sort of dark fabric to prevent any daylight coming in, and between the covering and the window was a red neon sign. The room had a red glow like an old detective movie. Andrew himself was busy setting up professional lights in one corner, so it was a few moments before he realised she was there.

"Chloe, I'm so glad you came. I was starting to feel anxious."

"Just starting? I've been feeling anxious all week. I must say, you seem to have put in a lot of effort. This is looking very professional."

"Thank you. Once I got the idea in my head, the rest just fell into place. I'm actually feeling a bit proud of myself that I came up with a concept to work with, so I really hope that it's not too daring."

"So, what's the concept?"

"The idea is that you're trying to sleep, but it's a really restless sleep because it's so hot. You're tossing and turning and maybe perspiring a bit, and you're throwing off the sheet. And we can tell that your dreams are kinda sexy because you're, you know, ... yourself a bit. I think we can do it tastefully."