All Comments on 'A Witch In Shining Armour'

by Corpse_rider

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 2 years ago

Nicely done! Enough to feed the imagination without having to ruin it with specifics...

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 2 years ago

5 stars

1 for the sex scene and 4 more for the murder and magic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Unbelivable, how such a short story can captivate someone. Absolutely loved it! Please write more

Only_connectOnly_connectover 2 years ago

Cute little story. The writing style is a bit awkward but the storyline and the twist are effective

Unknown81Unknown81over 2 years ago

Good Halloween story and--oh, God. I just figured out WHAT or, rather, WHO Amber was feeding Benji with...

A tip: DON'T piss Amber off...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Maybe I’ve read too much, but I got the twist as soon as she was feeding Benji.

Excellent story, well told. I look forward to reading more from you.

5*

Tc

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Loved it. So good in the fact that nothing was admitted yet we know; or do we? 5⛤

Corpse_riderCorpse_riderover 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for all your kind comments. This was an enjoyable but challenging story to write. The underlying theme in the story is domestic violence, a subject I have wanted to explore in my fiction for some time and a subject that requires great care and sensitivity in writing about. It is also a story of hope, heroism and light at the end of a very dark tunnel for its protagonist, Gemma.

Choosing not to directly show Amber's confrontation with Craig gave me a challenge when it came to the structure of the story and how many clues to give the reader to join the dots. Researching for the story I discovered, to my annoyance, that many toy car manufacturers do put license numbers on toy cars - though I'm pretty sure they don't install airbags in them!

As for the mystery snack Amber gave Benji, I just can't recall what it was - but I'm sure Benji will do well for snacks if Amber meets anyone else who tries to hurt her new girlfriend.

Unknown81Unknown81over 2 years ago

Amber reminds me a little of the main character of a Helen Reddy song, "Angie Baby", who's seen as crazy and who plays with her radio. Then, a Peeping Tom who spies on her breaks into her room while her parents are out--and this turns out to be a REALLY BAD move on his part, and that's all I'll say...

I'll just say this: if she could shrink a car, imagine (or don't) what she did to someone who tries to harm her new girlfriend--and that was NOT beef jerky she was feeding Benji, either, like I said (OTOH, Craig deserves it, IMO)...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCorpse_rider@Corpse_rider
Latest update: April 2024 My next two artworks have been submitted and should be published sometime this week. Both continue my 'Mouthful of' series with facesitting and watersports being the themes explored. These will be my last April art submissions. Usually when I submit ...