Amy Finds Her Muse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On Monday they went to the city Park, arriving early enough to stake their claim to a good spot under a tree, a place where they could enjoy a nice picnic with the food they had prepared that morning. Again Barbara brought a friend, a different girl this time.

While John and Amanda sat on a blanket under the tree and Amanda played with some of the toys they had brought for her amusement the two girls left to find out which other friends were at the Park as well. Again there was a lot of whispering and giggling.

Later in the afternoon they enjoyed the food they had brought along and then had ice cream they bought from a vendor. After their meal the two girls took Amanda to the playground area and amused her while John watched. The fresh air and exercise wore Amanda out and she was asleep on the blanket while the adults watched the fireworks that highlighted the evening.

That night, after Amanda was put in her bed, Barbara joined John in the living room and sat beside him on the sofa. She had showered and changed to her nightgown. Her hair wasn't in the ponytail she normally wore but was loose and freshly brushed. John noticed that she was looking less like a child and more like the adult she would soon become.

"Thank you so much for such a wonderful weekend, John," she said. "This was the most fun I've had in a long time and I really appreciate that you let me bring along a friend."

"Your very welcome, Barbara," John replied, "I've really enjoyed myself as well. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed myself that much."

"Well, let's do it again," Barbara said.

She got up, gave John a hug and said, "I'm going to get to bed now. Thanks again." As she left the room she turned and gave John a big smile and a small wave. John watched the doorway after she had disappeared for several long moments before he too got up and headed upstairs.

A week later June and Fred arrived back in town from their extended trip. Over the summer they spent most weekends and several evenings visiting with John, Barbara and Amanda. They had many stories from their trip and many photographs to share. The five of them spent a lot of enjoyable time together.

Over the course of the summer, once Barbara was finished school, John tried to work as much as he could during the day. He only worked evenings when there was printing to do or he got behind. This allowed Barbara extra time with her friends and he got to spend more evenings with his daughter.

About once every month Lynn Cameron would come by to take some photos of Amanda. She'd taken photos of Amanda feeding herself, walking and of her attempts at crawling up the stairway to the second-floor. There was usually at least one of her on her father's knee or of John holding her. Now that Amy was in Paris, Lynn was sending her the photos by e-mail.

During her July photo taking session Lynn had made her interest in John clear. After she had taken the photos she approached John, standing close enough that she could easily touch the buttons on his shirt, which she did.

She looked up into his eyes and said, "You know, you're divorced now. You could ask me out if you like. You have your nanny here now so you could even stay out all night if you want."

John took her hand in his and said, "I might just take you up on that but I can't right now. I'm just not ready for that step yet. It might be a few more months."

"You remember that I'm first on the list for when you begin dating again."

She smiled at him, gently pulled her hand from his and walked over to the table where she picked up her cup of coffee. In a few minutes she left. John watched her walk to her car and get in. She waved to him as she drove away.

In early August John overheard Fred asking June what they should get Barbara for her birthday. John asked when her birthday was and they told him that it was on the 17th. He realized he would have to get a gift for her himself. He would have to give that some thought.

-- Saturday, August 17.

The morning of Barbara's birthday John got up a bit earlier than usual. He wanted to make a special breakfast for her and would need a few extra minutes. By the time she came downstairs he was ready.

"Good morning, birthday girl," he said.

As Barbara entered the kitchen her eyes widened in surprise. A banner was hung across the wall above the table, proclaiming in large multicolored letters 'Happy Birthday Barbara'. The table had a festive table cloth and was set with John's best china and silverware. There were candles burning on the table.

"You sit down and I'll serve you. I'm making blueberry pancakes because your mother told me they were your favorite. I'll give you a glass of orange juice first and you can sip that while I go get Amanda."

Barbara finally spoke her first words of the morning and said, "Wow, you didn't have to do all this for my birthday. Thanks a lot, this is great!"

She sat down in the chair John indicated and he poured her some orange juice. "I'll be right back," he said, then went upstairs.

Barbara had a big smile on her face as she watched John walk up the stairs. She thought to herself, "I sure hope he'll keep me as Amanda's nanny until she is ready for school. Maybe by then he'll feel about me the way I feel about him."

John brought Amanda down and then served the pancakes for he and Barbara and prepared one for Amanda as well. After they had eaten John handed an envelope to Barbara and said, "Here's a gift from Amanda and I. I hope you'll like it. I wasn't too sure what to get you."

Barbara opened the envelope and took out a birthday card that she read over twice before saying, "How sweet. That's such a nice card. Thank you."

The card had contained another, slightly smaller envelope and Barbara opened that now. She took out a gift certificate and a brochure. They both were printed with the name Domenico's, a well-known local beauty shop.

John said, "You're getting older now, Barbara, and I thought you might like this. It's a gift certificate for a complete beauty and spa experience. You could go there and spend a whole day getting the works or you can use it up an item at a time. The brochure explains it all."

"Oh thank you John! This is wonderful. One of my friends has been to Domenico's and they said it was just fantastic. I'm so looking forward to using this."

Barbara got up from her seat and approached John who was standing by the sink. She threw her arms around him and held him tightly, her head on his chest. The hug continued long enough for John to begin to feel uncomfortable. He gave her a small hug, then gently took her arms and pushed her back a bit.

"Happy birthday," he said and then leaned forward to kiss her lightly on the forehead. "I hope you really enjoy your day. We're going to go over to your parents' place this afternoon for supper."

While John was clearing the breakfast dishes Barbara sat beside Amanda and watched. She thought to herself, "I will use this gift to make myself look as beautiful as possible for John. Maybe then he'll really notice me."

That evening after supper with her parents and after they had given her birthday gifts, she showed her mother the gift John had given her. As her mother read the brochure she said, "You realize this includes a bikini wax too, don't you?"

"Mother!" Barbara exclaimed. Her face was red and she turned away from John in embarrassment.

Her mother laughed and said, "Now Barbara, you're getting old enough you shouldn't be getting embarrassed. If you decide you don't want to use that part of the gift I'll use it for you. We're going to head to Texas and Florida this winter and who knows, I might even get myself a new bikini."

The subject was changed and Barbara eventually got over her embarrassment.

-- Tuesday, September 10.

Barbara started her senior year of high school the previous week. They had resumed their normal schedule again, with John working evenings. On this particular day Barbara's first class wasn't until 11 a.m. so she had taken the opportunity to sit around and read after she got up.

Just after nine she heard the doorbell ring and John greeting someone. In a few minutes she heard sounds from the kitchen and the murmur of conversation. Out of curiosity she went to the head of the stairs to see who was there.

A woman she didn't know was taking photos of Amanda as she walked around the kitchen. She noticed the woman was smartly dressed and very busty.

As Barbara watched, the woman approached John and began running her fingers up and down his chest. They were talking quietly and Barbara couldn't understand what was being said. She watched as John put his arms on the woman shoulders and spoke very quietly to her.

The woman laughed and poked John twice in the chest with her finger. Then she said, in a voice loud enough for Barbara to hear, "I'm going to hold you to that. Next month for sure." Then she laughed.

Barbara went back to her room with a lot of concern on her face. "Who is that woman and why was John letting her touch him like that," she asked herself. She put her book aside and sat there deep in thought.

At 10:30 Barbara went downstairs, on her way to school. John was sitting in the living room while Amanda walked around the room trying to grab something she could play with.

"Hi John," she said. "I was wondering who the woman was that was here this morning. I saw her from upstairs but I don't know her."

"That's Lynn Cameron, a friend of your sister. She comes over every month to take photos of Amanda and she emails them to her. She usually comes in the morning while you're at school."

"Oh, okay," said Barbara. She had a lot of concern on her face as she left for school.

-- Wednesday, October 16.

It was a warm fall day and John had Amanda outside playing in the front yard. He and Barbara were trying to toilet train her and he had her dressed in normal clothing without a diaper. The front yard was fenced and the gate latched shut to keep her from getting out to the sidewalk.

John had brought out a ball and Amanda was trying to kick it. John's attention was taken up fully by his daughter so he didn't notice Lynn Cameron arrive. He realized she was there when he heard the camera shutter clicking.

John looked up and said, "Hello Lynn. I didn't see you drive up. How are you today?"

"I'm just fine, John. I'll be even better if you're ready to take me out for supper this weekend. What are the chances?"

John laughed and said, "Well, since you've been so patient with me, I guess the least I can do is take you out for that supper. How about Saturday night?"

"I'd love that. My Saturday night is open. What do you think; pick me up at six, then some dinner and dancing maybe?"

"Sounds like you have it all arranged," he laughed even harder. "So, I'll pick you up at six and then we can go for supper. It's been a long time since I've been dancing so I'll need you to suggest a good place for that."

Now it was Lynn's turn to laugh, as she said, "Well, if we can't find a place for dancing, I have a lot of good CDs at home."

The two of them spoke for a few more minutes and Lynn took a few more pictures. When she left she reminded John that he would have to make reservations for them.

That night John was able to come home for supper with Barbara and Amanda. As the three of them ate the meal she had prepared John asked Barbara if she had plans for Saturday night.

When Barbara indicated she was available Saturday night John asked her if she could babysit Amanda, as he had a date with Lynn Cameron. John noticed that Barbara's head had jerked up with his mention of a date and that the smile had left her face. It was a moment later that she answered him.

"You have a date? With Lynn? I guess I could babysit if you like."

John left to return to work a few minutes later. He thanked Barbara for the nice meal, gave Amanda a kiss and headed for the door. He didn't notice that Barbara seemed deep in thought and didn't return his 'goodbye' as he went out the door.

After John left, Barbara sat beside Amanda and there were tears forming in her eyes. She held Amanda's hand and said, "What am I going to do, Amanda? I think your dad really likes Lynn. What if he decides to marry her?"

Barbara spent a somber evening with Amanda and shed a few tears later in her room, after Amanda was asleep. She decided that if she was going to compete with Lynn she would have to use your gift certificate to change and improve her appearance. She also decided she was going to start working out on John's exercise equipment, to tone her body.

While Barbara was at home feeling upset about John's plans he was at the office whistling while he worked. He finally felt it was time to see if he could truly get over Amy. He had always thought Lynn was pretty sexy and she'd always been pretty obvious in her interest in him, even before he and Amy had fallen apart.

He phoned and made reservations at one of the better dining rooms in town and discovered they had a dance floor as well. He had a new energy and managed to finish his work before 10 p.m.

He noticed when he got home that Barbara's light was still on so he tapped on her door when he went upstairs. When she answered he asked if he could come in for a minute. She told him to come in so he opened her door and stepped inside. She was seated on her bed with her back to the headboard, a book on the pillow beside her. Her eyes were just a bit red and he realized she had been crying.

"What's wrong, Barbara? Is something bothering you? You look upset. Was there something you wanted to do on Saturday night, because I can always get Mrs. Pierce, next door, to babysit?"

"Oh no, I don't mind babysitting. I guess I'm just having a bad day."

John sat at the edge of her bed and patted her leg. "You know I'm your guardian while your parents are away. That means if you want to tell me what's bothering you, you can. Your mom and dad just left last week for the whole winter, so unless it's something you can talk to your mom about over the phone, don't forget I'm here."

"There's nothing I really need to talk about right now," Barbara said, "I'm just feeling a little blue I guess."

"Well, if there's ever anything you need to talk about, please come to me." John looked intently at her face and tried to see if he could read anything serious there. He decided she didn't look overly upset, so patted her leg once more and got up from the bed.

When he reached the door she said, "Oh, there is something I wanted to ask you. Is it okay if I start using the exercise equipment in the basement? I want to start getting into shape."

"For sure, go ahead and use it. Amy and I used to use it all time and I should get back to it myself. Just be careful if Amanda is there with you because there are lots of places she could poke a finger and get it pinched."

"Don't worry about that, I think I'll start getting up early to use the equipment and I may use it again after Amanda is asleep," Barbara said. She smiled at John before he turned and left the room.

John was still feeling better than he had in a while so he went downstairs and poured himself an ounce of Scotch and then sat in the living room to contemplate his date on the weekend. Since Lynn had begun trying to tempt him into taking her out her image was now the one used to arouse himself during his morning shower. He looked forward to seeing if any of his masturbation fantasies would come true.

The next morning John had just finished setting up the coffee pot when he heard a noise behind him and turned to see Barbara enter from the basement stairway. She was wearing a T-shirt and shorts and from the damp stains on the T-shirt she had a good workout.

"Boy, you are serious about getting at the exercise machines. You're putting me to shame," John said.

"There's no time like the present to get started," Barbara said, then ran up the stairs and stepped into her bathroom. In a few moments John could hear the shower running.

-- Saturday, October 19.

The day passed slowly for John but finally it was time for him to get ready for his date with Lynn. Several times during the day he had noticed that Barbara seemed unusually serious and once he had asked her if she was sure she didn't mind babysitting. She had assured him she didn't mind.

By 5:30 he had showered and dressed and was ready to leave. When he came downstairs Barbara commented that he looked very handsome. He smiled and thanked her for the compliment and handed her a piece of paper with the places he would be and the phone numbers.

As he headed to the door both Barbara and Amanda waved goodbye to him. At the door he said, "I could be a bit late so don't wait up for me."

After he left tears once again found their way into Barbara's eyes. She was holding Amanda and said to her, "I hope your daddy doesn't fall in love with her."

Amanda replied with her usual, "Dada," and, "Baba," and brought a bit of a smile back to Barbara's face.

Lynn was ready when John got to her place and met him at the door, looking stunning in a figure hugging black dress. John took her hand, then stepped back, looked her up and down and whistled. Lynn laughed and then turned to lock the door.

Small talk occupied the trip to the Sheraton where the dining room was located. When they arrived they were quickly seated in an alcove not too far from the dance floor. John ordered them both a drink, Scotch for him and a white wine for Lynn. They talked and sipped their drinks until their meal arrived.

At one point Lynn said, "I can't believe you actually asked me on a date. I was afraid it would be a lot longer before you could get over Amy."

John looked down at his hands and thought for a few moments before he answered. "I can't really say I'm over Amy, I think I just have accepted she's gone. I have to be realistic. Even now it would be hard to turn her away if she showed up at the door and begged me to take her back."

"Since I know that isn't going to happen it's best I just stop thinking about her. The burning pain is gone but I still think of her all the time. Now, what else can we talk about that doesn't involve her?"

They had a fantastic meal and shared a dessert that involved a lot of whipped cream and chocolate syrup with homemade ice cream. Before they finished it they were laughing and feeding each other spoonfuls of whipped cream. As they enjoyed an after dinner liqueur the band arrived, set up and began to play.

The band was very good and it wasn't long before the two of them headed for the dance floor. A nice slow song was playing and John took Lynn into his arms. It had been a year since he had danced but it didn't take long for the rhythm to kick in. It didn't hurt that Lynn molded her body to his and he was very conscious of the pressure her ample chest placed on his. He knew he would soon have an erection that Lynn couldn't help but notice, considering how close they were dancing.

Before the first song ended his concern had become reality. They stayed out for two more slow songs and John sort of got used to the fact that she had to have noticed his erection but was choosing to ignore it. When the fourth song of the set started, John immediately recognized that it was the song that he and Amy had considered 'their song' and his erection immediately began to disappear.

Lynn chose this point to say, "What's the matter, tired of me already?" She laughed good-naturedly and John felt himself blush.

"No, nothing like that. I guess I have issues. That song was a favorite for Amy and me."

They decided to sit after that song but over the next several hours enjoyed many songs that they danced to. Just after midnight they decided they would leave. John took Lynn by the arm to escort her back to the car and when they got there she turned in his arms and pulled his head down to kiss him hungrily.

1...34567...10