All Comments on 'Captive Hearts'

by Colleen Thomas

Sort by:
  • 74 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Fantastic

Great Story, well done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Fantastic!

It's a story that once you start reading, you can't stop!

Excellent! Absolutely Loved It!!

hisemeraldhisemeraldover 19 years ago
Beautiful!

This is the story I'm looking for everytime I read a 'historical' romance. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.

I have read much of your other work and am very impressed. I can only hope to aspire to your level of writing! Even the editorial errors are minimal. I am captivated by your talent.

Catie/emerald

carsonshepherdcarsonshepherdover 19 years ago
Incredible.

Wow! This is the greatest thing since sliced bread, Colly. Impeccably researched and wonderfully well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
WOW!

This was amazing. I couldn't stop reading it. I would love to read more work like this.

funwdifunwdiabout 19 years ago
Write the book

This story was amazing. You have a wonderful sense of style and timing. Thank you.

Dar~Dar~about 19 years ago
Enchanting

This was so well written. The language makes me long for different times. I love the blatant passion between the two. You took me for a ride. Beautiful, Colly, just beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
AWESOME

This was a GREAT story! You've got an active imagination, that's all i've got to say. You've got me on my knees, honey. keep it coming. ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Archaic expressions

Are you familiar with "quim" which is an archaic noun for cunnny. I don't know if it's more or less archaic than your word.

NiceGuyInVaNiceGuyInVaabout 18 years ago
1st Class Adventure

Great job Colleen. Very exciting with wonderful characters throughout, especially Lissa and Abigail. Super love story with great action. Love your work!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Fantastic

I loved every minute of this gripping, romantic tale. I must say, Colleen Thomas, you are the most captivating writer on this site, and possibly of the genre.

I'd pay to read storys of this calibre.

Keep them coming.

Your loving fan,

DruryLane

rinacatrinacatabout 18 years ago
Simply Wonderful

This is simply wonderful indeed! And epilogue was simply touching. Thank you for writing such romantic story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Wow!

I'm working my way through all your submissions, and I gotta say I love 'em. This one in particular is my favorite. Romantic, sexy, and oh my god, PIRATES.

Thank you so much for making such wonderful stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Wonderful!

This story was one of the best, if not THE best I have ever read here. I've always been fascinated by history, and stories of the sea (particularly accounts of female pirates!). I have to say this was impressive in its accuracy, both historical and nautical. (You wouldn't happen to have a degree in archaeology/history or work for a museum, would you?) The plot is excellent- not a single anomaly- and the descriptiveness is terrific. Not only does it make for a great atmosphere, it also makes it really hot! Awesome, better than quite a few book-published stories I've read. I'm definitely bookmarking this one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I'm with them

i agree whole-heartedly with everything that the other comments say and more i can't expres into words

please keep writing

silverace1silverace1over 17 years ago
Amazing as always!

I always love your stories and found the historial bent to this one especially engaging. I have been a fan of pirate stories since I was young and with this, a new twist in the tale is offered. Keep up the great work! And yes, I agree with an earlier comment that a book would be a winner!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Such a bittersweet experience

Imagine my surprise! I was expecting to read yet another quality pornographic tale; instead I find myself unexpectedly immersed in top-notch erotic fiction. Very well-crafted, arousing, sweet, and touching; the scrap of paper needed to list the times I have found myself both teary-eyed and tumescent is a small one indeed. I shall have to be wary of your work from now on; you make it difficult for me to compartmentalize my tastes. Just excellent!

dreamcatcher7dreamcatcher7over 17 years ago
wow

oh god this was so good, i cannot express how much i enjoyed it. Thankyou

smileandsighsmileandsighalmost 17 years ago
wonderful as always

writing skill of an expert, timinig and imagery are superb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Romance

Romance and sex and damn what a fine story.

Goose7Goose7almost 15 years ago
I loved the epilogue...

the epilogue was what made it great for me....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Terrific love story!

I absolutely love pirates, so a wonderful lesbian love story about pirates brought me great joy. Colleen's story are all great, she is one of my favorites. More, more, more, please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Le sigh~

I'm pretty sure I'm the anonymous on 03/18/06, and am rereading this story now. I had forgotten where my idle fantasy of a pirate queen taking me as bounty came from, and it kept me company on some lonely nights. I just found out from another story that Colleen died some time ago, and it saddens me to no end. RIP, and thanks for all the fish :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Enjoyable

This was very hot and pretty realistic, which added to the excitement-but it made me sad and less horny when Abigail was abused by her future 'husband."

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

Excellent read, thanks for sharing.

monk93monk93over 13 years ago
Wonderful

Just wonderful. Made me laugh and cry! Very well done. I look forward to more contributions!

MizTMizTover 13 years ago
Clever

What a clever spin on the traditional pirate tale. Although I prefer my "Captains" to be male, reading this story was fun!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

An excellently crafted story with a wonderful sense of period. Far above the usual type of writing here, I'm an instant fan!

LiveCatLiveCatover 13 years ago
Wicked!

I'm not normally a fan of historical stories but I loved ths to bits! You have a real talent, nicely done!

C

x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Plagiarism

Try reading the complete story "Branded Ann" by Merry Shannon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Idiot

Look at the publish date of the story, then the book. Who plagarized the story? Not our girl!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
HA

It's always funny when someone tries to accuse someone of something without completely fact checking. Good job, honey.

This story was fantastic, a caliber of writing that seems to be far above the rest of the site.

BBWmommaBBWmommaalmost 13 years ago
This was Amazing!

I loved the story. it was erotic and thoughtful, suspensful and loving all at the same time. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great story

god i wish Colleen was still alive to still get her respect due her this was an amazing story loved it a lot. she has serious talent and hope she's well in her afterlife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I loved this. And as an author, this isn't plagiarism. As long as there are original ideas and its not word for word it's legal. And almost ever author uses some other work to springboard off from. Its perfectly normal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
amazing story!

i loved this story, so sexy!

rover5520rover5520about 12 years ago
A beautiful story.

Sweet Colleen,

Thank you so very much for making this story available to all who enjoy such imaginative and beautiful writings.

Again,thank you,

Lindsay Gilmour.

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationabout 12 years ago
Brilliant.

Posthumous praise, but well deserved. Colleen Thomas is among the best authors on Literotica.

southernlezziesouthernlezzieabout 12 years ago
Brilliant!

I loved it.. but i think that it's a brilliant idea that WE don't have to show our bloody sheets to the world. lolz.

DominaLDominaLalmost 12 years ago
Lesbian fiction for women

It's very frustrating trying to find fiction about women for women. Most porn and erotic fiction creators seem to assume that the audience is male, so plot and all that actual writing stuff go out the window. Thank you for bucking the trend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Perfect

This was absolutely romantic, yet definitely pleasuring.... Most lesbian stories are just for getting you hot.. This is both!!!! hot and like a chick story :) adding to favorites

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This story has it all........you should never stop writing

Butterfly_Kissed14Butterfly_Kissed14over 11 years ago
Sexy but warm-hearted

This was beautiful. Black Lissa was a very arousing character. I wish this didn't end. Keep writing because this is very much original! ^_^

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Keep writing!

This has been my favourite lesbian erotica story for some time now and it's so sweet and sexy at the same time that I can't help but come back to read it again! Wonderful story, you should be proud!!!

MoonlightCatMoonlightCatabout 11 years ago
Gorgeous

I am straight and I have to say I actually loved this one! Such a cool story. Original,long evolving plot,I enjoyed it so much. Keep writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Loved it

Such a good story, never stop writing you have amazing talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Amazing

What a great story teller.

phantommasterphantommasteralmost 11 years ago
Truly Wonderful

This a lovely piece of period erotica. Very well done.

sesiyessesiyesalmost 11 years ago
fantastic story teller

Your writing is so personal and moving. Never stop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A rave review!

As good an example of the 'art' of lesbian erotica as you are ever to see. Excellent piece of writing, plotting and finish. Much of what we read on these sites consist of the same words, the same old tired plots and an ending that leaves the reader up in the air--there is no closure to the story, it just sort of, pardon the expression, peters out! But not here. Here the author has written an excellent story--not just another piece of lesbian mind numbing tripe. Easily one of the better writers here and elsewhere. Please keep up the intelligent, inspiring, and heart pounding work!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

awesome.....just totally awesome. definitely in my top 5. keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Colleen is gone

Colleen died in 2006. She is sorely missed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

"The term cunny is prevalent in the anonymous erotic fiction of Edwardian England. It is roughly analogous to the word pussy and is used in this manner. None of my research revealed a similar term that is congruent with the time period of this story, which is late 17th century. If any of my readers know of a less anachronistic term I would greatly appreciate them writing."

I think the term she is looking for is 'Twat'. ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twat

But while Twat may be more true to the period, the word still exist today with a quite different meaning: nitvit, idiot, dolt. Many readers would read it with that new meaning and get confused. So even though cunny is more recent than it should be, it still sound old fashioned enough to work well in the story without confusing anyone ;-). Cunny is the better choice. If need be we can just imagine the story is part of a penny-dreadful from Edwardian days

Lovely story by the way.

regards VvV

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaabout 10 years ago
Totally Beautiful

Very well written and was enjoyed very much. Thank you for sharing your story with all of us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
loved the historical setting...and the great sex!

fascinating characters...well defined sexuality and emotions. thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I found on another website published after the colleen died.

I found someone passing off this story as there own on wattpad under name Falling for Black Lissa

Bayrunner2Bayrunner2over 9 years ago
Perfect

I was there, on the ship. I shared their emotion; i fought beside them, and loved with them as well...And I cried at their grave site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
plagiarism on wattpad

This is, without a doubt, one of my very favorite stories so I was disgusted when I discovered the very same story titled Falling for Black Lissa on wattpad. Of course I'm reporting the "author" but I figured I would bring this to the attention of fellow Colleen Thomas fans.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Perfect As Can Be

Really. Perfect. You did a great job here. The foreign language, use of words from that period. The sex, seasickness, ransom, then another act of piracy, how you completely captured how sex was viewed back then, this qualifies as a #5 on the #1-4 scale Literotica uses. Thank you. I mean it. It left my "harbor" tulmultuously wet.

This deserves permanent placement and display in the Hall Of Fame. All readers deserve a chance to read this. If I ever do try writing, hopefully I can come within an ocean or two of your style and talent.

ManziManziover 8 years ago

Not enough superlatives in the English language to describe how much I love this story. I'm a big sucker for happy endings and this one gave me everything I could ever wish for, thank you so much for writing it.

mambrkemambrkeover 8 years ago

Great story, I love it..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Love this historical romance!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

great story... apart from the sex, the story of love changing a hard pirate's heart was overwhelming... love you as an author.... keep writing such stories....

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4ualmost 7 years ago

My favorite author on literotica. All of Colleen's stories are like precious jewels: diamonds, rubies, sapphires...leaving indelible memories with each read.

RIP ~ Colleen

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What if Colleen Thomas was never a woman and is still living?

She could have us fooled? A talented male writer disguised as CT? Hmm never know do we?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I LOVE this story!

This is by FAR my favorite story of this entire website! 💜💜💜💜

RangeExpanderRangeExpanderalmost 5 years ago
Juicy history

I enjoy the way you interweave history and sex! And the pirate queen is such a sexy character, thank you.

JS60007JS60007about 4 years ago
Very different

What a fun read of lovers on the high seas!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
"Now go with your beloved and may God smile upon you both,"

"Do you think he can?" she asked suddenly serious.

"Of course he can child. He made you both, and allowed you to meet and fall in love. If he did not intend it to happen it would never have been so."

-Colleen Thomas, stating the obvious truth that millions of wannabee Christians refuse to see! As long as there is love, honor, faith, loyalty and trust between two or more people, it can be nothing but God's will.

MarshallaMarshallaover 3 years ago
I've read most of Colleen's stories ...

... but I've just read this one for the first time.

Like Anonymous below my post, I read something of my own beliefs.

That God made each and every one of us who, and how, we are. We are all His children, and no other has any right to judge how we are!

The story itself, fantastic as expected. 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The style is weak, the French is appalling, but Lissa is a great character and it's a sexy swashbuckling tale!

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Thought it excellent and really enjoyed it. Could be tightened up in a few places but nothing serious enough to affect my enjoyment.

Was annoyed with Literotica as tried to PM the author and after wasting my time composing a message and attempting to send it the system says it cannot be done. Having read the comments it appears she died in 2006. If so RIP.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lovely Story.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6437 months ago

Lovely Story!

And i think the epilogue is brilliant!

Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous