All Comments on 'Just a Hick Town Guitar Player'

by Bazzza

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A story to my taste

As commented in the title a story to my taste which means there must be a story not just a vehicle for sex. This is a nice story with some dirction and messages. Well done on the drug thing, I too have seen them do too much damage. I like the love bit as well it really adds spice to the erotic pieces.

Again, well done,.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good story, the sex was secondary

This was a great story. The sex was almost incidental to the story and to the building of the relationship between the characters - that's a good thing. The sex was used to enhance the relationship, not to overpower the story. Well-written.

I enjoyed the personalization of celebrity. It seems as if our society puts celebrities in an ivory tower and we forget that they are just people.

Keep up the good work - the honesty is very refreshing.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
A Good Read - Very Good Romantic fantasy...

Very nice story. Even though it was at times predictable, there were still a couple of twists. Your story reminded of the C&W song, "She Couldn't Change Me" by Montgomery Gentry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
good story

good story but i kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. most for the drug users i know, who went thru rehab, rehab didn't take the first time thru. i thought he would find her with drugs again, or that the concert life style and the fans would ruin them. and they would either rebuild, or have nice memories.....but it didn't.

but it is a nice fanatasy, and a nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Musicians love the rush

I play guitar in a local coffee house from time to time. Even if you know everybody in the room, you get an adrenaline rush when you've had a great set. You get used to the rush and you try to find ways to keep it going.

Some do drugs, other turn to sex. Great to see your kids found love is the other great rush. Many big perfomers lose that chance.

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
your wasted, just like the guitar man

This has to be one of the best stories I have read on this good old site. give up the day job. if this is a sample of your work I can't wait for the big story. Well done. A talented writer in the making for sure. Bravo

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
What A Pleasure To Read Your Antics

Your imagination plus your talent makes you looked forward to! But it is more than that.

Most of your stories of late are of people we would like or envy and that makes the reading flow without prejudice or anger. The respect allows immersion and escape with strong interest for what may come.

It is a nice talent that I hope you will flaunt for us for awhile longer.

With Very High Regard

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 17 years ago
Very very good story!

Bazza,

I know just what it is to be a small town musician since I spent 5 years around 6 different bands, half rock, half country. I paid my way for a semester shooting pictures of them all, some studio, some onstage, some candid. You get to know people when you spend a lot of time with them and I can think of 4 guitar players this could be about. Except none of them ever met the big star singer. You nailed the attitude of a talented person that really doesn't think they are that good. Some of these guys are amazing and never make it big. I did like the part about straightening up her act. Most of us that are left from the 70's and early 80's did that in one way or another.

Thanks for a great story.

smy3thsmy3thover 17 years ago
Great combination of good plot and erotic sex

This is what LITerotica should be. Really well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Much better ending!!

This was excellent and a classic story line and ending that I enjoyed very much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Wonderful story.

Great, great story. Beautiful characters. Great ending. You're top notch. Regards, Dan.

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 15 years ago
Wonderful

Bazzza, your stories are like fine wine. They just get better with time. Each time I read this one, I get something else from it. You are a master at this story telling.

jedbeakerjedbeakerover 13 years ago
Great Story

I always enjoy your stories and found this one to be another great story and excellent read. Thank You. I'll watch for your next !

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
BRILLIANT

Another superb story Bazzza.Many thanks.MORE Please

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Goodness

This was a "Moog Player" type of story--greatly written and boy did I feel for the guy when they beat him!

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
HICK TOWN BOY

catches the gold ring. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Hick Townn Guitar Player

I enjoyed every moment of reading this modern romance. Thanks and keep writing.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 A TRUE STORY OF HOW RELATIONSHIPS

can begin and end with hardly a blink, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
'Jeckle and Hyde'? Really?

No excuse for this, it's a famous story and you have access to the internet if you weren't sure

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 11 years ago
Still tops

I've just read it again for the fourth or fifth time.. It is a classic. Beautiful.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 10 years ago
A bar set high

Bazzza, when you wrote this one, you set the bar very high for yourself as well as the other writers. Here is an example of your superb dialog writing:

"How'd you find this place?" I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders, "Easy really. Went to that music shop in town and asked who's the worst guitar player around here. Told me your name and pointed me up here into the hills."

Memorable!

It seems I re-read this story about once a year, and never get tired of it. A classic. If you are still around, I hope you post another one, real soon!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
your needs

You make a really fine story , but, you need an editor and a spell checker. No problem with the story, I come back to it every once in a while. Really like it.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayeralmost 9 years ago
Far Beyond Excellent

Being a musician myself, I truly understand how the main character felt about having his guitar stolen. And because of the fact that I've played with a small but memorable number of different recording artists, I also understand what it's like to stand on a stage and play in front of a massive crowd. With that said, I think you've done an outstanding job of writing a story that hit very near to my heart. Thank you, and keep them coming.

MP

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
the experience of becoming part of a musical experience is trancendental

becoming one with a musical moment is greater than being the composer, performer, audience, or auditorium. It takes time to come down from magical moments.

The inner experience is nothing like that which comes from an artificially induced high. There are no substances, chemical or organic, that can produce the intensity derived from being in the music. Love, enhances it beyond the ability to describe.

coming down from the natural high takes time.

If you haven't experienced it, you just can't know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
long lasting relationship?

not likely. reality is cruel and show people/ entertainers ARE some of the sorriest people on earth. you love'em for their talents, but when they have the audacity to preach to the stupid masses it irks me. married multiple times and affairs even more.....hard pressed to think of any single group of people with more shallow lives.

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
I loved the story, but have a question

Is it still considered acoustic if the guitar is plugged in?

"I'm gonna ask him to step on the stage and accompany me on an acoustic version of some new material."

" . . . , Jeff Mills was waiting and handed me my guitar with a big grin.

"Tuned and plugged in, ready to go. Knock em dead."

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well?

Did they or didn't they?

twoebtwoebover 7 years ago
Yes its still acustic

Yes its called an acustic electric lol. Its still and acustic it just olugs up to amplify.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
I like this story

I really do not know how to comment on this story. I hate drugs, it has cost me the lives of several friends. I run from people who use drugs, but I can forgive those who try to leave them or help those who ask for help to abandon them. But I'm not going to be a hypocrite, I do not think I could fall in love with a woman who uses drugs, not again at least ...

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved the story 5 stars

Shaved pussy, she was giddy like a child...well she looked like a six year old, at least her pussy. Sorry I PREFER A WOMAN! The story was nice and the abject shallow humanity of most rock stars came through. Mostly scum of the earth people, but she made an effort to change, maybe it worked...we will see....

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 5 years ago
What's this? A Happy Ending?

Where in the world did this happy ending come from? So many authors seem to enjoy the bittersweet or even sad ending. It was a pleasure to watch these two people grow in their love and their personal maturity. I was waiting until the last sentence for the shoe to drop, but it never happened. Thanks for a nice ride! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Outstanding!

A really enjoyable story! Wonderfully developed and written with rich characters worth investing in. Also,this story was just the right length,fully developed yet no excess to distract and dilute. Very well done and deserving of a 5 stars rating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
It’s fucking amazing that Overcritical gave out 5 stars

Usually on a good day you’d get four. If you’d published this in 2020 he’d give you 3 stars for it being “too predictable” or some such shit. Bazzza, consider yourself lucky.

Dragonblue6Dragonblue6almost 4 years ago
Amazing story

Really like this type of story, have read it a lot of times and keep coming back to it, keep up the great work, thanks for your time and imagination

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

so he gets assaulted by her friends for trying to help her and then lets her right back into his life after all she says is “i’m so sorry” ??? next chapter gonna end up in the loving wives category after she gets back on coke and has her same friends fuck her in front of him

0ldfart0ldfart11 months ago

A good story that would have been a great story if there were not so many frustrating editing faults, making it difficult to read and detracting from the story line. I ask this writer to please take more care of editing before posting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous