Sable Island

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Joe followed her inside and then he put his arms around her and said, "I'm worried about Gail but I'm also sorry this spoiled things for you and Charlie."

"I have to admit that was a rather abrupt halt to where Charlie and I were headed. I think what you and I need right now is to be in bed and be close. All we can do for Gail right now is to wait until she and Charlie talk it out."

He kissed her softly and said, "I love you honey. I agree the best thing for us right now is to be close and in bed."

*

Chapter Fifty Seven

It was just before one in the morning when Charlie tapped on Joe and Marcie's door and then came in before they could get up. He took a couple of steps and softly called out, "Marcie...Joe? It's Charlie." He went as far as their bedroom door and again said, "Marcie it's Charlie...Joe?"

They stirred and then in the thin light filtering through their window from the moon, Charlie watched Marcie as she tossed aside the sheet that was covering her. Even with all that was going on and being sleep deprived he couldn't help but feel a warm glow as he once again admired her nakedness as she sat on the side of the bed. Joe was awake now and turned to look at Charlie as Marcie asked, "How is she Charlie?"

"I'm sorry about the hour but you said you wanted to know."

"Of course we want to know."

"Well to answer your question she's better but we may have a problem."
Marcie patted the mattress next to her and said, "Sit down and tell us about it. Is she okay over there by herself?"

"Yeah. I made her cry again, or I think it was me." He looked at Joe and then at Marcie as he said, "It would seem...she told me that she is in love with you Joe."

"But she's told me before that she loves Charlie."

"No I mean she thinks she really is and if she makes love to you she's afraid she's going to...that our marriage will be threatened."

Marcie put her arms around Charlie and said, "Oh my God what did you tell her?"

With his arm around her he said, "I didn't know what to tell her except that I love her and we'll get through it. I asked her if she wanted to go home but she said not yet. She's afraid that she'll say or do something to hurt either of you or both of you on top of worrying about me and our relationship." Then he paused and looking at Marcie he said, "I just told her I understand." He looked at Joe and then back at Marcie as he added, "But what I didn't tell her is I understand because I love you too Marcie and I'm having a little trouble keeping that in proper perspective."

She let her arms slip down and as she held his hand she glanced at Joe and then back to Charlie as she said, "Maybe I should go over and talk to her."

"Maybe that would help. At least that will show her that you're worried about her or whatever."

"Of course I'm worried about her, both of us are." She was becoming so accustomed to being naked that after standing up she didn't even consider putting anything on and said as she turned to leave, "I could be right back or this could take awhile, I just don't know." When she reached Charlie and Gail's cabin she walked right in as she said in a voice loud enough to be heard, "Gail it's me," and went straight to the bedroom. Gail was sitting up in bed and her eyes were red and puffy but she was no longer crying.

She looked at Marcie and then down at her hands as she asked, "Are you mad at me?"

Marcie got into bed and scooted over next to her and said, "Of course I'm not mad at you. God you scared me half to death when you left."

"I'm sorry and I'm sorry I'm making a mess of everybody's vacation."

"Gail, Charlie told us a little bit about what's worrying you but would you tell me in your own words?" Gail didn't say anything right away but Marcie just watched her for a minute before saying, "Gail you better know that I love Charlie. I mean I really do love him."

Gail stared at her then and then said, "What do you mean...like you really love him...more than a friend?"

"Yes I do."

"Oh my God what are we going to do Marcie?"

She took Gail's hand in hers and said, "Remember the first time you and I got naked in front of Joe and Charlie in our living room, or rather that night when you and I put our bikinis on and then got naked?"

"I remember every second of that night because I was so nervous and turned on and Joe was so sweet and attentive to me."

"And he still talks about that night. In fact did you know that he told me that no matter what you asked of him now he'd probably agree to it because he doesn't know if he could ever say no to you."

Her tears started to spill again as she said, "See that's what I mean, he's so...wonderful."

"But do you also remember him talking about how the island magnifies emotions?"

Gail looked at her and then nodded slowly and said, "Yes I remember that."

"He said that he figured it out that love or anger becomes stronger and it wouldn't matter if that love were for Joe or Charlie or both. Or for that matter your love for me and mine for you. I've decided that some of the very intense emotions I feel for Charlie are because of the newness of us experiencing being naked together here and because I've desperately wanted to make love to Charlie. If anything, us waiting to fulfill those wishes may have made things worse."

"But how can I be wrong about how I feel about Joe?"

"You aren't wrong. What you feel is very real and very powerful and once we are home again you will still love him and I'll still love you and Charlie but in a more realistic and manageable way."

"If you really do love Charlie so much how can you be so calm and in control now?"

"I may look calm and in control now but when I'm around him I'm anything but calm inside and my self control is questionable."

"What happens if Joe and I make love and we spend time together and then we go home and I discover I still love him as much or more than now?"

"You won't is all I can tell you. If I didn't really believe that I wouldn't be telling you to go ahead and make love to my husband and enjoy yourself."

"Did you go through this with...Ian?"

"Not nearly as much because I didn't even know him before then. But even with that he really rocked my world."

Marcie could see the relief in Gail's eyes and she took a deep breath to relax and said, "I guess I'll just have to trust you and Joe go along with it." Then she smiled as she said, "But you better warn him that he may have a hard time keeping up with me."

Marcie laughed and said, "Joe and I talk about each other's fires so I'll tell him he better not figure on putting yours out right away."

Gail put her arms around Marcie and said, "Thank you."

Marcie gave her a hug and said, "We're in this together so I'm counting on you not to get upset with me when I go crazy over Charlie."

"You know it just occurred to me that there's a good chance that Meredith has been fighting battles something like this."

Marcie looked at Gail and said, "My God I'll bet you're right. No wonder she cried so often when we left the last time. She must have fallen for Joe pretty hard that week."

"I think she fell pretty hard for you too."

"For me? What makes you say that?"

"The way she looks at you sometimes. I could be wrong of course."

Marcie remembered the times that the two of them had kissed and caressed each other and one time even came close to making love. "Now that I look back on that week and about the things we said and did, I have to say there's a chance you're right. She told me she had never...you know been with a woman and that wasn't something she had any strong interest in."

"Except maybe while on the island."

"I hope I didn't do anything to hurt her feelings this trip."

"I didn't notice it if you did. Marcie remember when we were at your house and you and I kissed and touched each others...you know, between the legs?"

"Of course I remember that was a very nice experience." Then she had an idea and pulled Gail to her and they shared a deep kiss and Marcie let one of her hands roam over Gail's back and sides before letting her hand move to Gail's breast. She could feel Gail respond to her kiss and touch and for that matter she could feel herself responding too. At the last second she pulled away saying, "Oh my God I have to stop." Gail's face was flushed and Marcie was trying to get her breathing under control as she said, "If we ever do that again I won't have the strength to stop. I wanted to show you how strong the island magic is but I underestimated it."

Gail asked her, "Is that the island playing with us again or do we have something to talk about when we get home?"

"I don't know, I guess we'll have to see when we get home, but what about while we're here?"
"I'm counting on Joe and Charlie to keep us too busy for anything but them."

"Gail one more question before I leave, do you have any fantasies that you and I need to talk about?"

Almost too quickly Gail answered, "No...no I really don't have any fantasies of substance."

Marcie looked at her and then smiled and said, "Okay but remember you can convince me and just maybe even yourself but you can't fool the island."

"That's silly."

Marcie kissed her once more and then quickly got up and headed for the door as she said, "We'll know for sure in the next few days," and headed back home.

As soon as Marcie went in Charlie asked, "Well?"

"I think the crisis is past, or at least I hope it is. When I went in I could see she had been crying so we just lay in bed and talked." Marcie looked at Joe and said, "She really does love you." Then she looked at Charlie and said, "Just like I really love Charlie. Almost too much if such a thing is possible." Before either of them could say anything she looked at Joe went on. "I reminded her of what you said about island magic and that when we arrived on the island we all loved each other. Then thanks to that island magic we all now love each other so much more. So much more so in fact that it scared her. Anyway I hope my going over there helped. I think it did but I don't know what we'll do if we go home and discover that one of us loves another enough to cause marriage problems."

Joe was quick to say, "No we'll be fine. I said before this place magnifies emotions both good and bad. Take that guy that was with Meredith. He and his wife had an awful argument and she stormed off, but I'll bet the island played a big part in those emotions. Of course the island probably also planned it that way so Meredith and he could get together and fulfill somebody's fantasy, hell I don't know, every time I talk about island magic it sounds crazy. It sure could get complicated if we were here all the time. But I'm convinced we'll be just fine if we can relax, have fun and take advantage of all that the island provides during our week here and take home nothing more than sand, our tans and great memories."

Charlie kissed Marcie and then getting up to leave he said, "Thank you love and just for the record I love you very much too."

*

Chapter Fifty Eight

As a result of their middle of the night crisis and the resulting loss of sleep, none of the four of them were up before ten o'clock Sunday morning. Joe and Marcie showered and dressed and then went next door to Charlie and Gail's and went in as they knocked on the door. Joe called out, "Hey you two if you're making love, stop because we're hungry."

Gail appeared naked and with her hair still in disarray and stopped. Seeing them dressed made her feel so much more naked as she said, "Hey you're dressed."

"Well they said nudity in the restaurant is discouraged."

Gail smiled and said, "Give us few minutes to shower okay?"

"We'll be out in the sunshine because it's a beautiful morning, " and as Gail retreated to her bedroom Joe and Marcie went back outside.

It was only a few minutes later when Meredith came out of her door and said, "Well hi."

Marcie said, "Hi yourself, where have you been hiding?"

"I'm sorry I know I have been rude disappearing like I did but...well there was Roy and he didn't get back with his wife until late yesterday. God what an argument they had but in the end their explosive emotions switched from anger to passion and I'm proud to say I played a part in that happening. Then at dinner I met a couple from Louisville and we spent a long time talking. Anyway they have a friend joining them for dinner and I'm going to have dinner with them and meet him. They have promised me that I'll really like him."

"Sounds like you're staying very busy but do you have time to join us for breakfast?"

"That would be great." Then Meredith said, "Listen I really am sorry for treating all of you like I have. This isn't what I had in mind for the week at all."

"As long as you're having fun and not just staying away because you feel like you're disrupting our vacation."

"I did feel that way at first and I do miss being with you two, but I really am enjoying myself so much."

"Then that's all that matters." The five of them went to breakfast and as they ate Marcie would glance at Meredith as she thought about what Gail had said. Could she be right when she said she thought that Meredith had feelings for her? When there was a lull in the conversation Marcie asked her, "So do you have any fantasies left unsatisfied?"

Meredith looked at Marcie and smiled as she said, "I have a couple in fact and I'm beginning to question the islands powers."

"Why, you still have several days for the island to see to your needs."

"I know but the way things are going I don't see how at least one of them will ever happen. How are you doing?"

Marcie looked at Charlie and said, "Like you I still have a couple of fantasies to hope for."

Meredith posed the same question to Gail and she answered just as she had when Marcie asked her. "No."

"None? Come on now Gail, not even romantic wishes or desires or deep dark secrets?"

Giving Meredith a thin smile she paused and then looked down at the table and her hands said again, "No I don't have any."

As the five of them walked back toward their cabins Marcie slipped her arm around Charlie as Meredith did the same on the other side of him so Gail moved up to Joe. He smiled at her and putting his arm around her he smiled and said, "I really do love you."

She smiled and leaning into him said, "Now stop that."

"I have no control over that feeling but I wouldn't change it if I could."

She smiled up at him and whispered, "I love you to." Without taking her eyes off of him she asked him, "Joe about fantasies and the island, do you really think there's something to it?"

"I can't prove it but I definitely believe there's a strong connection. I know what you told Meredith but do you have a fantasy that you want to have come true?"

"I told Marcie that I didn't and I don't know why I did that. I don't know what they are. Dreams wishes or what but yes I have, more than one in fact, but I can't decide if I want one or two of them to come true. If a couple of them do come true they might cause a problem."

"I doubt that will happen. It will be interesting to see how all of that goes then because I don't know if the island will fulfill them even if you don't want that or not. If they do come true I hope they are everything you'd like them to be."

"I'm still afraid about what's going to happen in the coming days but there's no place else in the world that I'd rather be right now." Then she asked him, "What would you like to do with the day?"

"I'd like to do whatever you would like to do. Actually more than anything I'd like to make love to you."

"Even now just walking down the path and with clothes on?"

He laughed and said "I've wanted to make love to you for longer than you can imagine. Even well before I saw you naked for the first time. Remember me telling you that when you took your bikini off that night that you made one of my fantasies come true?"

"I thought you were just flattering me."

"I was but I was telling the truth too."

"Aren't you even a little bit afraid of what we're getting into?"

"A little bit but not very much and I hope when we go home next week we all love each other more than when we arrived here."

"That's what I'm afraid of, that we will love each other more...a lot more."

"I don't mean so much that we'll get into trouble. I like the feeling I get when I'm near you or see you or even talk to you on the phone."

"What happened to you and Meredith? I thought you would want to be with her too."

"You know I thought that too but I don't know what happened. I guess the island has other plans for her or me...or both of us."

"Don't you think you have any say so in what happens to you while you're here?"

"Of course I do. I control it by my wishes, dreams and desires. Some of them are simple and predictable like loving you and wanting you, to deeper more obscure ones that I can't even sort out right now. That perhaps even scare me a little."

"That doesn't sound good."

"I'm not worried about them at all. In fact they will likely just slowly disappear at some point."

Marcie moved up to Joe and Gail and asked, "Are you two up to something?"

Gail said, "I just asked Joe what he would like to do today."

Marcie glanced over at Joe and said, "I can guess what he said."

Gail smiled and said, "What would you like to do today?"

Before she could answer Charlie and Meredith joined them so Marcie asked him, "Charlie we're working on what we want to do with the day. Got any ideas?"

"As a matter of fact I do have but it's a secret but I need to do something. Joe come with me. I'm going to run back up to the general store for just a minute and I'll explain it as we go." As the guys retraced their steps Charlie explained it to Joe to see if he approved and as soon as Joe smiled Charlie knew he had his answer.

After Meredith left them Gail and Marcie sat out in front of Gail's cottage and Gail said, "Society is so against what we're doing or want to do that I feel a little guilty even though nobody will know or probably even care."

"Gail we have to live for ourselves not others or at least that's what I think. Once we go home there will be things we can't do like no walking around in public naked for example. If we're going to really let go and do what we want to do this is the place to do it."

"What was it like when some of your fantasies came true?"

"I wasn't even aware of it at the time. I just had a fantastic experience and then after it was over I realized it was my fantasy. Well except for one. When we were with Ian I realized about halfway through that I was living not one but two of my fantasies and that just made the whole thing so incredibly erotic for me. I could really let go and not worry about it because I knew that it was my fantasy and it would have a good ending."

Gail still wasn't ready to admit that she had fantasies saying only, "I hope that if I do have a fantasy it comes true and it turns out great."

"I hope so too."

*

Chapter Fifty Nine

As they got close to the women Charlie said, "Unless I'm mistaken both of you brought your scrunchie bikinis."

Marcie looked at him and said, "Yes we did but why would we want them?"

"To please Joe and me."

"You'd rather we wore those instead of our micro bikinis?"

"Well for this time yes we would."

"Tell us about this surprise."

"If you two are agreeable we're going to take a walk on the beach. Then when we get to a certain place We're going to ask you two to do something very special for Joe and me, but we promise you that it will be for you two every bit as much as us or maybe even more, especially the last part."

Gail smiled and as she jumped up asked, "How can we say no to that." It only took them ten minutes or so to change and then the foursome, led by Charlie and Gail, headed for the beach. They didn't go more than half a mile when Charlie turned and walked away from the waters edge and to an outcropping of lava rock that he had noticed on their last walk. The rock had formed a pocket that provided a small private area and judging from the foot prints in the sand there was nothing secret about it. Charlie produced a new beach blanket from his bag and said, "One new and very fancy beach blanket. The underside is plastic to keep the sand out and the top side is very soft for...well our soft sides." As he spread the blanket he went to great pains to position it where he wanted it and then pointing added, "And at this end we have small inflatable pillows to add to our comfort." He inflated those by blowing into them and then said, "Ladies if you will be kind enough to dust the sand off of your feet and step onto the blanket."