All Comments on 'The Ice in Russia'

by MugsyB

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
Marines_Lady_15Marines_Lady_15almost 15 years ago
You are WONDERFUL!!

I must say, you make this site worth it!

I have loved all of these stories! The first one was my favorite, but the rest have been awesome as well*

To give you a few more ideas... I like Jordan Staal and Tyler Kennedy and Evgeni Malkin and Marc-Andre Fleury from the Pens, Joffrey Lupul from the Ducks (previously Flyers, Simeon Varlomov from the Caps, and Eric Staal from the Canes*

I'm sure there are others too! lol, but these were the ones who came to mind right away*

I'm sure no matter who you choose, it will be wonderful!!!!!!!!!

PennLadyPennLadyalmost 15 years ago
Oh thanks!!!

Wow, a story for me. Happy dance! It was great, it really was. Very sweet. Thanks, Mugsy. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
another red H

It is very easy to see why most of your stories have earned a red H. You have written several sequels. Do you plan to write a sequel for this story?

msbkxmsbkxover 14 years ago
more please!!

I loooove your ice stories, even though I'm not an ice hockey fan myself, I have thing for sportsmen and I don't deny drooling over sidney crosby time to time :P Please continue both this story and Max's story!! Would LOVE to read more!

enemyinsideofmeenemyinsideofmeover 14 years ago
fantastic!

i've really enjoyed your ice stories. I'm a big hockey fan, and have really liked what you've done with the characters. I really hope you keep up with the many many yummy hockey players there are to choose from.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wow!

Was very beautiful! I'm really enjoying all the ice stories :) you are a wonderful writer!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
more!!

dont stop there!! i wanna know more about what happens next? a winter wedding in moscow? maybe a sweet engagement? anything just give us at least one more chapter!!!

i dont know much about hockey but i love the stories!

michchick98michchick98over 14 years ago
Yay!

I love these stories! Gives me my hockey fix in the off-season! I'd love to see more with Anatoli and Lena. Unfortunately, I don't have one specific player I liked. I just LOVE hockey....of course, the Red Wings are my favorite team.

Purr_AlainaPurr_Alainaover 14 years ago
Loved it!

Got into your ice stories by seeing 'Trading Ice' in the 'New' section and have read them all since! These stories are clever, witty and best of all - realistic! They could actually happen!

I have to say that I am not much of a fan of hockey here at home, not since my school days when EVERYONE who was ANYONE went to see the Nottingham Panthers play, so I couldn't give any specific names of the players, so I will have to be content with immersing myself in your stories and trying to figure out who they are based on!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Loved the story, but there's a HUGE cock-up!

The Russian Orthodox Church follows the old Julian calendar, so their Christmas is not until 7th January. All the celebrations (Midnight Mass etc) on 24th-25th December in this story just don't happen. BUT, like I put in the title, I really loved the story, and would really like to see another chapter (or two, or three...).

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
i think i liked this one the best

love your hockey stories! this one might be my favorite so far. keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Love it!

Being a huge hockey fan I initially read the first Ice story with a bit of trepidation thinking it'd be another brainless hockey fic. I don't know the last time I was so happy to be wrong! I absolutely adore them! While AO isn't my favourite player of the three you've written, this might be my favourite of the stories. Please keep doing them!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great story!

Love all your hockey stories! And if you're looking for subjects, I'd have to suggest my team....the Carolina Hurricanes!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
nice!

Anatoli reminds me of Alexander Ovechkin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Favorite players

Loving someone writing about hockey and love. I'm a big fan of goalies and the way they have a different type of personality from most of the rest of the team. Could you write a story about one of them?

HRKWHRKWover 14 years ago
Absolutely perfect

Alexander the Great. Ooh la la.

You're an amazing writer - I'm wondering now if your SC story must (most likely) be about The Kid. If so, I'm off to read it....

You rock!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Smashing!

I love each of your ice hockey romance and this one is smothering hot!

kathryn08kathryn08about 14 years ago
You know...

I have become a big fan of this player since reading this story. I'm glad I read the story before I started learning about the player, though. At least from everything I've read (which, of course, may or may not be accurate), some of this probably would be uncharacteristic for "Anatoli." I get the impression that in, um, real life he prefers only Russian girls. But I guess that's the great thing about fiction, he can date whoever you want him to date!

All that being said, I wish "Anatoli" had someone like Lena to comfort him after the Olympic disaster and get him back on track! As of last night it looks like he might be getting back to him old self. I guess its fun to think there might be someone like Lena behind the scenes!

ivanovamyloveivanovamyloveover 13 years ago
love love love love

I'm a hockey fanatic, so let's just say when I found your stories, I became slightly more fanatical. I love how fast everything moved here--not overly, i-don't-know-how-to-make-this-seem-realistic fast, but dude. Maybe I should catch a flight to Moscow.

stindustinduover 13 years ago
I hate to be a nag

But you probably just didn't know. In Russian-Orthodox service, the service is divided into 3 parts. And non-orthodox can stay for the first two parts, but the 3rd part is only for those of the faith. Just a small notion that popped into my head when I was reading about the church part. Otherwise, I must commend your writing. It is superb. The hockey stories are my some of my favorites on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Very touching. Good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I know you were trying to match initials, but...

Anatoli is a Greek name and Oborotenski is Polish. Decidedly un-Russian. And the guy this is based on is VERY Russian.

MugsyBMugsyBover 12 years agoAuthor
To most recent Anonymous poster:

Thank you for your interest in my story. I can't help but reply to your most assured correction.

In reality, Anatoli may be a more commonly used Greek name, however on several large 'baby name' sites - which I use as research for my stories - there are also Russian origins for Anatoli. Incidentally, Alexander, the 'real' name for this character is a total Greek name.

As for Oborotenski, it's a completely fabricated surname so I find it interesting that you say it's Polish in origin. I suppose I could have accidentally stumbled across a Polish surname, and if so, it was an honest mistake.

Thank you for taking the time to read my work though and I hope my minor errors won't keep you from enjoying the story itself.

Take care!

M.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Love this

I was born in Russia and let me tell you, there are millions of Anatolis. It's such a common name that there's no room for dispute.

romantic_surrealityromantic_surrealityalmost 12 years ago
Next

7. Patches of Ice (AO and Lena):

http://www.literotica.com/s/patches-of-ice

SomberRoseSomberRoseover 11 years ago
"Wow" on so many levels!!!

Was browsing for Russian-themed stories & stumbled across this gem. There don't seem to be many Russian stories on here, and the few they have are kinda bland.

But this was hot & steamy.... plus I LOVED the characters!! So happy to see an American woman/Russian man story :)

I, myself, am quite fond of Russia and I could totally relate to Lena. There's just something about the place that calls to me, and if I could ever find my own "Anatoli" (he doesn't even have to be a hockey player, haha), I would be in 7th heaven!!

Love your story!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Too long. Too coincidental.

Nicely written

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story.

I've read several of your hockey stories and have enjoyed them all. I hope you keep writing, and don't mind the political comments. They fail to understand that the story is about PEOPLE, not ideology.

Thanks again for a great story.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
it is amazing how much air travel

has changed since this was written.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Great story

A good story, nice to read, but maybe too fast in my opinion. Anyway, I liked it a lot.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English, is not my native language.

KarensClit1990KarensClit1990over 6 years ago
I didn’t like hockey...but I do now 😍

What a wonderful quick romance.

I must say your sex scenes were truly HOT!!!

Detailed...yet not anatomical, if you know what I mean.

Very erotic.

Thank you

cheezecakeycheezecakeyover 2 years ago

Wow! Very nice steamy holiday romance story! I love stories where the hero is Russian and the heroine is American and I liked that this was mostly set in Russia. Loved the steamy scenes and Anatoli and Lena. Made me interested in ice hockey

Charlie944Charlie944over 2 years ago

While I wear his jersey no more than once or twice a week, this old story withstands the test of time. Alex Ovechkin is still an amazing hockey super star, still one of the best in the NHL, still setting records in spite of Covid and its numerous variants. While he does have a Russian wife, she seems closer to Lena than his prior loves (all blondes). BTW: his two kids were born in the US; I guess they're duo citizens now.

Many thanks for including the marvelous Sergei Federov in the story -- another truly great hockey super star and super personality.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

so so...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

i got lost!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMugsyB@MugsyB
March 2021- Update: I'm not sure when or why, but the first chapter of my three-part story, "Bring on the Wonder" has disappeared. I think the powers that be removed it by accident when I requested a different story be removed. As of right now, I don't know where my original ...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories