All Comments on 'You're Not In 2007 Anymore'

by lipsofanangel

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
H20waderH20waderabout 17 years ago
??????????????

sorry:

I was with you until the dress shop. Confederate monay in 1859????? there was no confederate money until the late spring of 1861.

You need a beter editor (or better history teacher)

normally i cut time travel people some slack No one id a total expert in history.

if you want to rewrite the story i will edit it for historical closeness.

i am the h20wader

h20wader@yahoo.com

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightabout 17 years ago
Awww ... darn it it IS great too!

H20Wader, you're factually right but unnecessarily mean. Giving this story a zero rating because of one historical error is uncalled for. This is a really charming story as well as being a turn-on

Lipsofanangel, I don't know myself all that much about how money was issued back then. I was guessing that most money was coin, though ... probably gold as much as possible but silver as well. Paper money was ... well, paper and regarded as such until well into the 20th century. People did use bills of various denominations, but I think they were as lines of credit. Considering what happened to the Confederate dollar, that's not surprising.

I loved it that the gentleman knew how to treat a lady and she was so pleasantly surprised by it.

You have a really nice idea and I hope your heroine finds many interesting places to travel!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Wonderful!

This was so unusual and I loved it - so great to actually have a gentlemen ... very reminiscent of an American Mr Darcy - I can't give it higher praise than that! Do continue this story, I'd love to read it.

becccabecccaabout 17 years ago
nice but

i really enjoyed your story but im hoping you continue it. it kina leaves us hanging there.

toJohnny7toJohnny7about 17 years ago
Intriguing story plot

I normally wouldn't give this story a perfect score, but I am counteracting H20's ridiculous score. I would totally discredit his score since there were numerous spelling errors in his comments. Nice story with original in intriguing story plot!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
More please!

Enjoyed this, reads like a nice mingle of science fiction and romance. Please continue, I'm hooked!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
great story

Great story, really enjoyed it.H2O wader you dont need to be talking about other people needing a better editor when you cant even spell MONEY.

tiger_babe_05tiger_babe_05over 15 years ago
More to come I hope

Great startings of what could be a very good few chapters or series. I really hope there's more to come.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
more!

Don't tell me that's all of it! Surely we would like to hear more about her adventures.

rwpassionrwpassionalmost 14 years ago
i want more

loved it. love the time period i always feel like im in the wrong time too and would love to go back and have some fun

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
This story is great.

I loved it and wish to hear more of her adventures!

RosilinRosilinabout 3 years ago

Not bad, it has alot of potential.

I suggest doing abit more research into the clothing of the era. The crotchless drawers are essential when trying to relieve you self

RosilinRosilinabout 3 years ago

Sorry.... the crotchless drawers are essential when trying to relieve yourself in a corset & hoop. Free website about that is ElizabethStewartClark . Com

RosilinRosilinabout 3 years ago

Her behavior actually isn't too farfetched eather. A small but excellent book about prostitution during that time is 'What's A Poor Girl To Do?: Prostitution In Mid Nineteenth Century America" by Elizabeth A. Topping.

It dispels alot of myths of that era.

Again, this story has alot of potential, I hope to see more one day.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous