All Comments on '3 Is a Magic Number Ch. 17'

by Scott_Free

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
OrthopodeOrthopodealmost 7 years ago
Need a little editing

Good as ever but at one point Dad is referred to as step father presumably a legacy of the previous publishing elsewhere. Good luck rewriting the end, treat them well.

doofus67doofus67almost 7 years ago
So far so good

Thoroughly enjoyable story to date. Looking forward to the ending, hopefully it's not an upsetting one.

This is the type of story i can see myself re-reading in the future. It all depends for me on that final chapter!

Keep up the good work. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
And I thought previous parts were drama

Damn what a turn of events, from start to finish glues to my seat for a real rollercoaster ride! The whole police thing was a bit cliche but it works in this setting so no complaints from me, the other turn of events however took my completely by surprise. Sure they were aware that the whole thing had to come out someday but so soon and in such circumstances wasn't in the cards form them I believe, and that anger managements thing didn't exactly kick in either. Now I'm really edging to see how things go from here, how will it influence their future plans and just what life (or more accurately family) will throw at them.

There are quite a few mistakes in this chapter so you might want to re-arrange it before tackling that finish of the tale.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Minor criticism

I understand why you did it from a narrative perspective, but it really does not make sense that the police would just instantly drop an investigation because one of the suspect's associates intimidated the victim. They have dozens of other witnesses and physical evidence.

Julia was on the right track, but to help Jack here she would need to get evidence against Brandon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Excited

While I hate to see a great story like this end, I am excited to see where you will take it. I figured it was only a matter of time before the parents found out. With Julia bringing in so much money from her Aunt's death they could all move in there if they wanted.

WmsraubWmsraubalmost 7 years ago
That was unexpected

I see you changed that part you still have a ways to go you can still add on to the original story if you want to its going to be sad to see the end maybe you can do a sequel to this story like how are they doing today

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I hate to hear that this story is coming to an end, its been a great ride. Cant wait to see how it all ends.

kurinaxkurinaxalmost 7 years ago
A couple of weeks?!?!?!?

A couple of weeks is a long time to ask us to wait, but I understand you can't rush art. I have come to actually care for these characters, and I absolutely cannot wait to see how it all ends. And to see what you have coming next. Keep up the great work, because you are an extremely skilled writer.

prop69prop69almost 7 years ago
first of 2 comments..Brandon

Julia is a beautiful girl. The police will believe here 10 times before an asshole like Brandon. Once she files a rape report his legal fees and expenses shoot up. I am sure a party with 30-40 teenagers all drunk, the statements will all be different. Also, Katie could file a report about Brandon and abuse. She is pregnant, was not drinking, and was slammed to the floor.

Teenage parties, cops usually do not want to waste time if Brandon does not swear out a complaint. Also, I am sure this was not the first time the jerk, rapist Brandon had used date rape drugs. I am sure he knew the consequences.

prop69prop69almost 7 years ago
Second comment - Surprised ending..

Mom and Dad have been lost in a fog all summer. How did they not ever "catch" anyone of them fooling around?

Jack was giving Katie back rubs in his bed with her in frilly nightgowns and no one thought this was strange or might to something else? Where they blind? Katie, Julia, and Jack all looking in each others eyes at meals and around the cabin with more affection that cousins.

Wasn't it strange that a guy never went off to be with other guys all summer?

Neither of the 2 gorgeous teenage girls were interested in talking about boys. None were going out on dates except with a brother and cousin. Neither went to a movie or mall and were approached by other guys?

Julia has inherited 18 million. She loves Jack and Katie and could easily afford to pay for the room and board. Jack and Katie had scholarships. Although, Northwestern is probably $40,000-50,000 annually and Chicago is very expensive.

Dad was an ass. Hitting his pregnant daughter and knocked her down to the ground. He will possibly calm down and help her financially. If not, his loss. Mom will probably be a buffer. These are their only children. The parents would never see them or their grandchild if they do not resolve the conflict. Jack and Katie love each other deeply. Her getting pregnant was not just "sex", it was love and romance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
vote

I don't vote on individual chapters, I vote on the whole story! Can't wait for the story to be finished.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsalmost 7 years ago
Well

Just read the entirety of your series from start to finish. I've been meaning to start it for a long while now, but time has been limited. There are some instances where you jump tenses from past to present and vice-versa. Mostly though, this is a well written out series. The chapters flow quite nicely from where they cut off. I find it odd that the family didn't recognize the lovebirds sooner, mostly the mother. Moms are super perceptive when it comes to their kids. However you did kind of explain this with them being more aloof parents. You called the father step-father in this chapter and then went back to calling him father. Like my comment in the other chapter I made today, this type of thing confuses things a bit. Just little touches like that to be worried about though. The characters are quite loving, and I look forward to the next chapter. However, now I wish I had waited just a little bit longer so that I wouldn't be wishing a new chapter was out now.

Firefly2517Firefly2517almost 7 years ago
Alternate Version

Just read this for the second time. Read the original when it was posted here some time ago and the 1st alternate ending (would love to get a copy of that one). This took me by surprise with the changes. Still an awesome story. Can't wait to see how it ends.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Update?

Hi

Just wondering on whether you had an update on how both this and a Girl named Hope were progressing?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Too bad.......

I usually cross the author off my to do list if I think the author has abandoned a story and I believe he has this one after 17 chapters. I won't bother reading any of the other stories. It's my fault for not checking the publication dates. I've written a multitude of short stories and had fond that writer's block usually lasts less than 3-4 days.

DraxxixDraxxixalmost 7 years ago
Ending

Well I think this is an amazing story. But there weresome surprises, I thought for a moment that Trish and Back would have sex just once due to the fact that she was asking Jack questions at the funeral and then told him that they would talk later. Help the Dad part at the end was wow. When and if the author finishes this story, I am half expecting the father to eventually go "Hey I would rather live with my daughter marrying a man I know I can trust, than live without her at all." Hell I hope that everything goes well and maybe the next and possibly last chapter after a few years Jack, Katie, and Julia graduate from college and Jack has at least 2 kids (one from each girl) and that is when the parents seek out their kids wanting to reconcile with the ones they hurt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

First comment ever... I don't ever comment but this story is amazing and PLEASE RELEASE THE NEXT PART SOON!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Gonna Leave us hanging...

Such a great story but it is incomplete. Please update soon!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Really enjoyed your story

The is best that I've read this year. I hope you plan on finishing it up soon? Thanks. Terry

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ending?

R we still going to get a final chapter? This is such a great story cant wait to see how it ends.

Dodobird92Dodobird92over 6 years ago
Still waiting......

We're still waiting for an ending for this......... I want to see the ending of this SOOOO bad!!!!

Scott_FreeScott_Freeover 6 years agoAuthor
Still writing

Sorry that it has been so long getting the last chapter up. I had it mostly done, then I decided it was lame and I am re-writing it. I have been battling migraines, and it has taken much longer than expected. You will love the last chapter though.

Scott

WayPast21WayPast21over 6 years ago
Looking forward to your conclusion

Sorry for your issues, and hope you're better soon. I've really enjoyed your series, and hope you'll be able to take this family into and through their first years together.

What gender and mix of children will they have? Will Julia's inheritance give them the kind of home they need during their school years, and set Jack up in his long-wished business? Will Kelly show up at Northwestern, having finally saved enough waitressing to finish her degree? Will Trish join the family in a significant way during a parent visit?

..... Hopefully, these questions and more will be answered.

Thanks for all your work

scherja1scherja1over 6 years ago
Great read, now finish

Please finish. I hate to read so many chapters without an ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Any update?

Been several months now... just wondering whether there was an update?

Fuzzy_KbearFuzzy_Kbearalmost 4 years ago

It's Important to keep your story straight.

This is the first time you've mentioned the dad was Jack's step dad. There are other mistakes as well, Katie is supposed to be 10 months younger than Jack but in a previous chapter when you talked about cars... he got a Porsche when he turned 16 and Katie got a Malibu 2 weeks later when she turned 16. There is also Tracy (Julia's mom) she is supposed to be Jack's Mom's sister but no one calls her Aunt. I like this story but inconsistencies like this make it confusing. Familial relations are important to be clear even if those relations are NOT sexual, especially in incest erotica.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 2 years ago

I dropped your score down to a 4 due to continuity errors. If there's been a gap during your writing process...and/or you're working on multiple stories simultaneously, you should reread your own stuff to refresh your memory about what already exists.

Your problems with this one started at Aunt Barbara's funeral and have been growing exponentially from there. I'm not the only person finding huge mistakes in the current series of chapters.

MADDOGINTEXASMADDOGINTEXASabout 2 years ago

Dad...just HAD to be curious he had it coming, knocking Katie down like that...and now, we have the "step-dad" thing that has reared it's head...makes for more interest in your plot!!

I am going on to the next (last?) chapter...

**5**Stars...NOT 4 as some others have...details/issues be fanned!

vanyevanyeover 1 year ago

Step dad? That's a change, innit?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userScott_Free@Scott_Free
7/29/2021 I Have been taking a mental health break. Mental illness is no joke, and I have written about it a couple of times. I hope to finish off Hope soon. I don't know what the future will hold for my writing, but I plan to keep on plugging away at it. 8/18/20 So yesterday...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES