All Comments on '48 Hours on Blue Bayou Pt. 20: Julie'

by Carole99

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
nthusiasticnthusiasticabout 8 years ago
Don't Touch It!

No 'Brownie points' for initiative when you're a slave. If they'd wanted her to investigate, she would have been informed. She & her Inner Goddess need to fade into her slave subspace to wait. It's probably just another test unless ... maybe ... they're setting her up for a potential private sale?

I'm glad Julie seems to be getting another chance. I was eagerly anticipating her work with the Opera House. Interesting coincidence that she's working for a woman whose daughter 'just happens' to be a featured singer there. c:

Thank you! Such a pleasant surprise to find a new chapter from you this morn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Still Dissapointed

I have been enjoying the story (including the last couple of entries) but the poor treatment of the protagonist is starting to get out of hand, she seems to act as a spectacular slave girl making her current treatment seem extremely heavy handed which personally distracts from the narrative.

Also if Charles and the others care about our protagonist why don't they just ask to be transferred ownership? Even if they had to buy her they likely could and would make back their investment on her.

Cindy1001Cindy1001about 8 years ago
Difficult one

Hm, difficult dilemma. On the one hand, initiative is not expected from a slave. But Julie was trained to be a boardroom slave. I think in that position, her Master(s) would expect her to take the initiative to advance her Master's interests. I think too, that being a corridor slave is just an intermezzo, putting Julie through hardship, in order for her to accept and appreciate (and perhaps regain) her former position.In the meantime, I thoroughly enjoy this beautiful story.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimabout 8 years ago
Agree with Cindy

Common sense says she should open it and curry favour with the master. But then again why should she if she is to be sold. What's it matter?

My one comment about the last two chapters though is that she seems to be too readily accepting that she will either be sold or killed if she doesn't make the reserve. She's just acting as normal instead of either shutting down or going out of her way to prove enthusiastic. Not a tear in sight either. That is my only crit of a great story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous