All Comments on '500 Annies Ch. 03'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
WITH UNDERSTANDING COMES REALIZATION

and that is when you really become confused, TK U MLJ LV NV

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
No fireworks in this tale . There's an abundance of quiet substance & moral fiber that will more then suffice however.

This is a definite change of pace from the usual sagas chronicling insatiable libidos, wandering hearts, hands & eyes. I'm glad it's not the norm but as part of the rainbow, this story quietly takes it's place, fitting in neatly . There isn't fanfare, self aggrandizing for the practice of human charity & acting in a selfless manner.

Featuring the story segments where narrator interviews a woman of senior years & the homeless young lady was a quirky but inspired choice. To be honest, I don't attach the quality of sexuality to those people. It opened my mind just a little & that's appreciated.

I do hope the fate of the wayward wife is eventually disclosed . I'm not nearly as transcendent as the main character appears to be & hope at the very least she becomes cognizant that she lost a good un'.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Huh?

Damn Tazz. You're a poet and don't know it.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Seriously

Excellent continuation of this fine tale. Now I just want to see how this turns out. By the way, can we buy this book on Amazon?

Ha

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
5*****

I like Second Chance woman is in the story and with children is better......

Sid0604Sid0604over 11 years ago
Another good chapter

Another good chapter......thank-you. I'm enjoying it.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 11 years ago
Very good...

...and getting better. Thanks for sharing.

m48gunnerm48gunnerover 11 years ago
Thanks

My only complaint is having to wait for the next installment. What a good story!

tiger46tiger46over 11 years ago
like a brearh of

"Fresh Air"

Sidney43Sidney43over 11 years ago

What a great story; one of those that is hard to wait for the next chapter and am disappointed when it is done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good story - chapter too short!

This is a very good story. I hope that the author has flash backs to fill us in on things he missed about his wife. He knew that she was lonely and taking classes with her lover but has he learned anything in the process? I don't want a reconciliation but an update on his wife would be interesting. I suspect Ramone has spent her money and left her in Europe. Maria is the real deal. Thanks for writing! We nee more writers like you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Not one Jew or Muslim?

Among 500 women, that seems unusual. Not much of a cross section.

My initial enthusiasm is fading, but I'm hopeful of a big finish.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Not a sexual minority story with egoistic characters.............

Yes fresh air after egoistic characters and sexual minority stories, but a Romantic Revenge Story would be better, the first lonely (ex)wife encounters them. Not only Anon likes the Romantic Revenge Stories, but I am. However I like also the happy ending consequence stories with the right Second Chance woman and + 5***** because she is a single mom............... So he found the right woman with 4 teen children and he became super for the children. For longterm connection with their Mom to be friendly the teen children is the first step and he runs above the obstakle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
great story

love your work, cant wait till the next chapter. thanks for writing .

BTTapBTTapover 11 years ago
Very good.

Reminds me of Renquist's stories a bit, in that the cheating was only the prologue to the tale. The real story is what our intrepid hero experiences on his journey back to the living. What was the purpose of the interview summaries? With the young gal, it shows our hero is a compassionate, good man. The the abused woman, it shows our hero has a well-calibrated moral compass. The interaction with the sexy widow? Not sure. It almost felt as if the author was doing an exercise in 'writing women.'

No real complaint. I imagine there will be some bumps in the road with the new love interest.

This chapter was a light on drama and conflict, but I was interested nonethless. Technically, the writing was very good. Also, enjoyed the line about oozing like a fat man sweats when caught in a lie. A little humor is always nice in even the darkest of stories. Better when it comes sponteneously with the words or actions of characters in actual situations, but even as a narrative asside, that was a good line.

I gave it a 4, deductiing only for the fact that parts of the story seemed gratuitous, while what remains just wasn't all that compelling, however well-written.

Glad to see our hero (possibly) moving on with a new and better woman.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 11 years ago
Excellent!

Very different approach, having the "author" tell his story as a radio interview. Very well written. Now if I could just get the manual downloaded to my Kindle...

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 11 years ago
Very, Very Good

Really like the writing style and the whole story! I am a sucker for writers, writing about writing and publishing!!!

I have read several and your goes along with them very well.

Really appreciate your writing and giving opportunity to read your work. Reading is an escape and this has created a really good escape (mini-vacation).

I will have to say I can see in a few to several months this story will pop into my head and I will HAVE TOO read it again..... HIGHEST compliment I can give you for this writing/story!

I understand there is more coming from another comment - looking forward to them - very much!

Thank YOU!

snakes454snakes454over 11 years ago
but...

Good story, but I hope we learn of Annie's demise or destitution in ch 4.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 11 years ago
Looking forward to the climax!

Nice series to date. Good choice to include, but limit, the Annie snippets. It looks like there will be a lot to wrap up, but some of the components may not need to be addressed!

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Interesting and compelling story

I was afraid we would get 500 case histories but the choice of items seems balanced.

The new love interest sounds great, fire, food and baseball.

Hopefully we may learn something useful about women in the last chapter!

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Good Read.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Chapter 1 was great....

Chapter 2 was good. This chapter was similar to the tech manuals Joe writes.

FD45FD45over 11 years ago
Okay, I feel a set up in the works

I get the theme of the story and it's interesting, but it's sort of like marching in place if this continues much longer.

We had the set up of the wife. We have the central quest in chapter two. We're still questing in chapter three (which seems to slow things down some)

So I am hoping things are wound up in the next chapter...and I'd very much like some resolution with the ex. Granted, in real life there is no resolution. She still exists, gnawing at the soul of the wronged spouse. But to leave her there in FICTION which is much more ameanable to justice and fate ,well, that would be just wrong.

And I can't help but read dialogue into a story. It's my curse. I can just imagine how I'd write the first phone conversation between AJ and her Mom:

"Hello? MOM! I've been so worried about you! You're in Spain right? Yeah...I saw an article that fake pharmecuticals in Spain might mean that your fucktoy, that man you abaondoned your HUSBAND for might not have access to good Viagra and since you've given up Love for a good fucking, that would just make that decision of yours so damned bad, I was worried."

"I was also worried about birth control for you, but I forgot that your tubes are tied. Too bad you don't have any children. Sorry...can't talk right now. Bunn...I mean MY child whom I love and respect is still crying out of lonliness because she lost a grandparent a few months ago. I know the feeling at losing a parent. Buenos Noches, you whore."

But I'm evil like that.

MicknTrixieMicknTrixieover 11 years ago
Well written......

But in real danger of becoming as dry as a popcorn fart. Kind of dragging a bit.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Not the direct offend is the best solution

FD45 I think THERE IS NOT MORE HYPER TREATING CHEATING MOTHER FROM HER DAUGHTER, AS there is in Vulcez fantastic, hyper, super, excellent, outstanding Romantic Revenge Story "How Are You?", Where Stacy (I keep imagining she is my daughter) treated her mother to maintaine the future connection but with smart method she picked to her the exact dose revenge principles. I think AJ must treat her mother with Stacy's technic..................

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 11 years ago
Well written.

But like Chinese food, I felt full but upon reflection, where was the substance? This is a very nice little romance, but we have had two chapters without conflict and limited emotion. It is a feel good story, but lacks fire, humor, , etc. once we finished chapter one. Very well written. It just lags a bit the past two chapters.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 11 years ago
Ok I gave this

*****, it is an uplifting tale and that is rare in LW. I would also like to give FD45 ***** for his hilarious post, but I had to deduct one when I realized he was close to upstaging the author. Both of you keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Clarity, growing romantic tension, . . .

. . . what's with the observations that this story is lagging and needs to deal with the ex-wife? Not every loose end needs to be tied up. Life is like that. I like the pace and I am more than satisfied with the resolution that came with the understanding that arose from the interviews and writing. Solidly five stars.

DP

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Great story, and the I think tribute to renqhist with the *Grant something an hour outside of chicago* and his characters love of culinary and sandwitches was a nice throw in.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
WHEN THE GRAVITY AND TIME ELAPSES

the momentum has to swing the pendulum. TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Nice story about a seemingy decent guy who get shafted

Too be he is too decent - I bet - LOL

But let's hope he lives a good enough life in spite of his weakness - heh

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
good story

Time heals all wounds, well, mostly. But a sincere, genuine, caring person gets shafted, no matter how many good things happen to him later, including a more loyal and more trustworthy second wife, he can never get over the betrayal or get closure; at best, good things happening after the fallout are a soothing cream over wounds that refuse to heal. The question to ask god or whoever up there, is why should any one fail the first time, when they did everything, including working their butt off, to provide for a scheming bitch, who traded up for something better?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sir, you made me laugh and you made me cry !

With my age and life experience that is a difficult thing to do.

Only very few authors were able to do that. In my opinion that is the sign of a true genius writer. Thank you.

'annie'

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Just Wonderful!

Nothing else I can say!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
annie 3

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago
Yay!

I needed this, earlier story just about wrecked me and I'm super hopeful about this one :)

J

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
the human side is warm and loving

much less technical than the previous chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
All of the Annies were perfect wives? Really?

Didn't see any comments in your story about the Annies interviewed that were horrible wives, the ones taking the blame for the failed marriages. Y'know, addicts, miserable women treating their husbands and kids badly, hot unruly tempers, club ho's that go out several nights a week "dancing" with other men, narcissists that spend every dollar on clothes for themselves, etc. All the Annies appear to be angels, pure as the driven snow. Somebody wanna bet the men, uh, don't rank that well? Somebody wanna bet even his Annie ends up looking practically blameless and level-headed?

I'm getting that bad feeling that he's gonna tell us the reason women aren't understood is that men suck, the dirty bastards. The reason marriages fail is because men are troglodytes, they barely know how to wash themselves, think only of work, sports, tits, and beer. They pick their nose and butt at the dinner table, scratch their balls in front of company, and leave skid marks in their underwear. Just another story telling us how bad men are and that, to make everything fine, the men really need to become subservient to women, in every way imaginable. This intolerable situation is easy to fix. Men just need to work 24/7 to supply money for everything the wife needs, and also be at their beck and call 24/7 for anything the wife desires, like going shopping, cleaning house, yard work, cooking the meals, babysitting the kids, providing thunderous orgasms or gentle lovemaking whenever requested, depending on the wife's mood of course, etc.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope this isn't just another story about how the feminization of America is a great thing, but I have that feeling...

Ricco52Ricco52over 7 years ago
With everything else in this chapter

I find myself wondering what happened with the young girl, Wendy and her husband, and hoping that they made it

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Too corny and syrupy...

Plus silly baseball references. Might be ok for Americans... I'm out.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
I'm in

Really enjoying this story now. Very good, and I like corny.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Well

I'm hooked. Great story. Thanks

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Hokum good maybe great

Trite -using too much -but in good way

Almost didn't start don't like long stories but glad I did

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
More please

This story seriously pulls you in, but as I have said I'm a sucker for a good ending although I do like a BTB ending also.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
An amazing story

The best part was where you had him help that girl and her husband

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You have this way of getting the reader so invested in the damn characters that you get angry knowing that you'll never know more! I doubt that I'm the first to bring this up but Annie 499 would be truly special. Thank you Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

Woodturner2018Woodturner2018almost 3 years ago

The Golden Rule states do unto others as you would have them do to you. What Joe did with Annie499 is the best example of that that I can think of. Thanks for that thought.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Yeah

It keeps getting better and better. I'll continue...

BabalooieBabalooiealmost 3 years ago

Great job. Damn allergies!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The pen is indeed mightier, but only when wielded by master swordsman...!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

i keep loving it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What can I say, it is my fourth time through. I feel sorry for any who for whatever reason stop reading. An amazing tale by an equally amazing writer, shame it is limited to 5 stars max. Thank you Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One small comment. You use commas when not appropriate; a semi colon, comma with a connecting word ( comma and or comma because for example) or a full stop with a new sentence starting. The writing is fine, though.

dawg997dawg997almost 2 years ago

Great story, you have me hooked!

Jennifer182Jennifer182almost 2 years ago

OMG my allergies are really bad..... What a beautifully written story, I have laughed and cried, Thank you qhml1 for taking the time and effort to write this.

Jennifer.

mcrr2225mcrr22255 months ago

Great story and you're right about 1 thing. Shiner Bock is great beer, this coming from a Texan that lives about an hour away from Shiner.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief5 months ago

Got to agree with some of the other commenters, the allergies are bad right now, lol. I think this is the best chapter so far, not sure if it can be topped.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I was a design engineer yet Q has a greater imagination than mine! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I loved it. This chapter had a little of everything. I too felt sorry for the young couple (Annie 499). Thanks for sharing it with us.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine2 months ago

Good story. Need a follow up on Annie 499 to see how they are doing now.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8992 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories