All Comments on 'A Change in Marital Status'

by Scorpio44a

Sort by:
  • 186 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 12 years ago
The Surface Has Only Been Scratched !

This story is ...decent. In fact, it's entirely too much so ( decent ) . This is a momentous change in living status that glides seamlessly into place with barely a ripple. The best of people involved during this transition will have a bad day, or s thoughtless moment.

What about the neighbors ? Nary a bit of catty jostling on the household pecking order for status ? Hard to believe . Impossible actually. I'm not saying this can't work but given the nature of the characters there are bound to be rough spots. The husband was pretty whipped during his year of involuntary celibacy - now he's juggling the multidinous desires of two women like a seasoned street performer? Surrre.

That menopausal wife gave some real curt & thoughtless replies to her man but now she's like Kate tamed by Act 3 of ' Taming of the Shrew '. There's a whole potential dynamic that's been given short shrift & it's a pity because this author has displayed mad skills in the past.

I liked what I read here by & large, but perhaps unreasonably felt there would be much more. It's just a story - to me a four star story in end analysis, but I doubt this will bother Scorpio44a. His desireable demographic is intelligent, attractive women ' of a certain age ' who are willing & play nicely with others. Good luck with that.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
TRANSFERENCE AND CYCLES

brings about physical changes to hormones, TK U MLJ LV NV

HardYakkaHardYakkaalmost 12 years ago
Not bad

a bit unrealistic, but overall not bad

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Female cuckold question

The answer is: cuckquean

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 12 years ago
unbeleiveably well written and total crap

Turning the end of this story in to a sexual threesome is just crap. It's a cheap silly overdone way of avoiding the elephant in the room.... which is the WIFE never gave one second of fought to how her decision to end all sexual contact with her husband might affect him. And this sort of exceptional extreme self centeredness borders on abject cruelty because this sort of neglect went on for over a year .!!

THEN even worse ... After one full year of NOT having ANY sort of physical sexual contact with her husband... Now suddenly she wants to have sex with Alessa.... and oh yeah I guess the husband can join in from time to time...??

awful... truly awful.

When he initially meets Alessa at the restaurant ...they decide to do some role playing about what to tell his wife. The story simply went into the crapper right there. Daves says

"I didn't have menopause. Nothing happened to my hormones to cause me to stop wanting sex."

to which Alessa responds with this mindless shallow stupid platitude.

"Very good. I think that's a great way to start the conversation. She has very little control over her hormones. You aren't blaming her. You give her the power to decide which option she wants most."

NO NO NO goddamn it ! A thousand NOs. Of course the wife is NOT responsible for her collapse of hormones and her loss of sexual interest. But she is responsible for not even ATTEMPTING to care about how the "No more sex form me edict" might impact her husband. It NEVER occurs to her for overall full year of time that dave MIGHT have problem with her unilateral decision.

WHY stay married to that???

THAT sort of careless disregard for somebody who you hae been married to for a looooooong time is not acceptable. The wife is directly at fault and responsible for that decision to not even consider how it might affect dave.

Instead the author gets around that is very critical important point by conjuring up some sort of possible threesome. Because after all all men are stupid ...our knuckles drag on the ground and all we really are ...is Just a bunch of our cocks with stomachs and guns.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 12 years ago
Up to a point,

this was very believable. When the husband died and the two women became friends, the story suddenly became a fantasy. The feelings the husband went through when his wife denied him intimacy seemed very real. Mostly the story was very good, but the ending went off the tracks. If it had seemed a fantasy all the way through, the ending would have been fine. This story just seemed too real at the start to end the way it did.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 12 years ago

Well written and pretty believable until her husband died, at that point it moved a bit away from reality, but still an enjoyable read.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 12 years ago

I mostly agree with Harddaysknight and Harry.

Ruth was incredibly callous towards her husband, making such a huge decision without his input, knowledge or consent. As if the queen had spoken.

Probably to "keep the peace" but I'm a little surprised Dave didn't make much more of a stink about it. I'd have expected heated arguments about it, at least letting Ruth know that he did NOT agree with her edict.

Ruth herself, she didn't even try. Even if she doesn't want Dave inside her, she could give him a blowjob. And if she doesn't want to give blowjobs, maybe a handjob? Anything but leaving him completely out in the cold, and saying "deal with it". Well, he dealt with it alright...

I liked the part where Dave pretty much sticks it to her when he decides that all physical contact, all intimacy was up to her. If she wanted any (from kisses to hugs to putting his arm around her), she'd have to initiate it. What's good for the goose...

But...yes, the part where Alessa's husband dies, and the three of them decide to form a threesome, that was totally out of this world. Completely incongruous with the rest of the story.

And Ruth having her hormones come back online, because she's seen Dave and Alessa being cozy with eachother, that goes straight into wishful thinking and daydreams.

I liked the story, except for the fantasy ending.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 12 years ago
i liked it

i gave u a 5. the story was pretty cool. women do go through that. and women are all into the pride as in pride of lions thing. as long as they are not threatened they seem to be able to handle more than one woman around and he did not threaten each of them. when the wife called she felt her pain and went into nuturing mode. seeing all that sex she got a little jump start and now wants to play some too. since neither one is threatened the dude will get his ass burned down trying to keep two women happy - but what a way to go at any age.

size14shoesize14shoealmost 12 years ago
99%

Stories worth reading aren't about what 99% of the population would do. What 99% of the population would do is predictable and BORING. So many of Harry's and many others' comments are complaints that the characters in the story don't act like that 99% and that makes the story bad and the author worthless or full of shit.

What I like about Scorpio's (44 and 44a) story is the characters DON'T act like "most people." Thanks, Pete, for another fun and interesting story.

nakdsubnakdsubalmost 12 years ago
Yeah, I have to agree with the others here...

This was well written and half way believable until you knocked off the old man. From that point it was as if you turned the pen over to young boy so he could write down his greatest fantasy.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 12 years ago
well size 14 shoe like Most of 1% folks

you too are fucking idiot. My feedback said NOTHING --not a single word- about what the wife or dave SHOULD say or do..or not say or do.

all i said was that there issue of what the wife's "No sex from me anymore ever again" edict MEANT. Bad writers like scorpio invaribaly never deal with the SIGNIFICANCE of such acts.

did the wife's sexual drive SUDDENLY return after 365 days somply becuase Alessa is in the picture.? Listen stupid can you explain THAT one to us?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
a forgotten fact.

All of you, or at least most of you, seemed to have forgotten a fact... This is a STORY ! for ENTERTAINTMENT... sheesh... If you want reality, go and read a documentary or a story book!!! this story, along with other stories are supposed to take a person AWAY from reality for a little bit. Scorpio. keep writing, knowing full well that there are many readers that enjoy your work. Some people love to tear down others just because they can not do what others can do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
not the most realistic read

but one of the more honest ones when it comes to people being people

likegoodwinelikegoodwinealmost 12 years ago
I wonder

... if the story would receive harsher comments if the roles were reversed. Let's say the husband has erectile dysfunction and the wife got fed up with no sex, take a lover and bring him home when the lover's wife passes away. LOL

Nicely written Scorpio! I wish I had half your ease with words.

chytownchytownalmost 12 years ago
Great Read!!!

Very enjoyable story thanks for sharing. Looking forward to your next submission.

Mousse9Mousse9almost 12 years ago

To the anon who's spouting about it being a story.

Why are YOU upset? Why are you responding to a comment about this story? It's JUST A STORY. Not worth your time or effort to comment on, since, like you said, it's just a story.

Authors like feedback you know? If everybody dismissed a story as "it's just a story", people would stop writing real soon.

By saying "it's just a story" you're saying "don't comment".

Likegoodwine, I'm quite sure that not being able to get it up, does NOT mean the sexdrive is gone, like with menopause. A guy with erectile dysfunction is physically unable to, not because he doesn't WANT to. Your comparison is not a comparison at all.

If the guy was gay, on the other hand, that would come closer to it. Say that a woman's been married to her husband for years, he's a good lover and she loves him. And suddenly, after years of marriage, he announces he's gay, and there won't be any sex or intimacy, at all, period. THAT would be a more accurate comparison to what happened in this story.

bigguy323bigguy323almost 12 years ago
Personally, I think that Couples counseling and hormone therapy were a better treatment for the loss of sexual interest.

I can see his reaction if she refused to participate in either.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

The writer is in and promotes Polymorus relationships, this story is par for the course from him.

FD45FD45almost 12 years ago
There was a story

Then there was conflict... Man vs. Woman. Strong emotions. Passion (even if no sex...though you wrote with a very gray ink in the passion department)

And then someone died.

And then...Conflict drained away.

We couldn't have an issue where Alessa suddenly wanted to step up her game with Dave.

We couldn't put Ruth into a situation where suddenly, she needed to make stark choices about what she was willing to do to keep her husband.

We couldn't put Dave in a situation where he had to choose women.

We couldn't have a cat fight in the living room, with hair pulled and blouse buttons snapping under the strain as skirts hiked higher and higher until...(pauses to take a cold shower)

Okay...maybe that last was a little unreasonable for 60 year old chicks. Which begs the question where sorority bisexual action suddenly becomes realistic.

Or...Alessa becomes a real bitch and Dave is suddenly stuck with this psycho woman and appreciates his wife more. Or Ruth falls off the deep end.

Or...

But you get the idea.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

The story's happy ending is nice, but in real life it would've ended in a divorce, and a nasty one at that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Poly

Nope

OldHidekiOldHidekialmost 12 years ago
I agree with several other commenters.

When the Mistress's husband died, it turned into fantasy. I can see the Mistress moving in with them, but the wife, in terms of consistency, should never become sexually active again. If she had, then she should have started having sex with the husband BEFORE the mistess's husband died. It would have been interesting if the wife had tried to win back her husband with sex, but I can't really see her going from wanting no-sex to joining in on a threesome.

The story was very well written, and the arguments made by the husband were very sound. I actually liked that the marriage seemed to be getting better, since the sexual tension in the mariage had a release mechanism. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wait a minute

The story said longlegs replied to him and her profile said widowed did I miss the part where she said she lied in her profile or that she could tell the future?

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 12 years ago
ANON Wait a minute

Widowed in the ad (lie) - admits to a husband during first meeting.

Very rational and considerate people. I can 'buy' Sweety re-prioritizing her preferences because of 1) his change of the contact rules left her missing what he had been 'forcing' on her, and 2) the author's stated reminders of affection he was sharing with Alessa! 5stars

trite_readertrite_readeralmost 12 years ago
Nice - ish

Interesting, but a little emotionless. Answer to a question below... female cuckold = there is no name for it. It is their natural state. Some LW readers don't know this, hence some of the stories here...

But this one was good.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 12 years ago
Good Story

The only problem is that it is impossible. The non-sexual wife would not become amorous at the death of her husbands mistresses husband.

Sounds like double-talk. Interesting read however. Thanks.

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years ago
Interesting

Interesting story, and erotic in a low-key way. Implausable, of course-but it IS a fantasy, right? I was kind of put off by Dave's behavior. He started out wanting to keep it from his wife-to spare her feelings. But, once he revealed her "choices," he acted like an asshole. He made himself absent from her with no forewarning and very little consideration. He kind of rubbed her nose in it. I get that he had anger and resentment in him from his year without, and I guess that pent-up anger needed an outlet, but it was pretty heartless to lay that on his wife after dropping the mistress bomb. He seemed to come back from the brink, however. I don't really understand the wife's change in the end, maybe the extra active estrogen in the house seeped into her via osmosis. Entertaining. Full marks.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 12 years ago
Wow, I'd Like To Think This Kind Of Thing Could Never Happen...

Now I'm worried.

labigqlabigqalmost 12 years ago
Nice...

I LOVE It!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Enjoyable story, but

Ruth's sudden about-face from a postmenopausal train wreck who is willing to watch her marriage burn to the ground in order to avoid having sex to someone who suddenly wants hot monkey threesome sex?

Makes absolutely no sense whatsofuckingever. I could totally see her letting Alessa live in their home, one of them giving him sex while the other one just gives her love, but all of a sudden she wants sex for no apparent reason whatsoever? What the hell?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
betrayed

he smoked a bulbous cock, his cornhole buggered, betrayed!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Yeah but . . .

. . . if this is even possible, why does it seem an impossibility in my marriage, in which I'm in the same situation?

DP

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 12 years ago
Turns out the problem wasn't sex...

...the problem was sex with HIM. Hook the trailer to the El Camino and hit the road dude, this marriage is toast.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
There goes that anger thig again -

Where does anyone get that he was somehow a loser here?

He moved honorably through most every step Alessa helped him with the one step he was making that would have been dishonorable and it worked perfectly.

Wimp or cuck he was not - loving he was to both.- his wife found that PDA's and her messed up emotions managed to settle some things in her head and she embraced the expanded relationship - a room full of winners here or so it seems/

Thanks my friend it always nice to see you thinking and writing. Still poly fanatic but that is not likely to change anytime soon.

bruce22bruce22almost 12 years ago
Lovely Tale

Beautifully woven and composed. I have to admit I found the final situation to be unlikely, but enjoyable and potentially workable if you can get by the big emotional bump....

The thesis that Harry presented is correct. Her attitude is completely reprehensible and he has to be a close relative of Job in order to get past it.

That does not make the story less than five stars....

cpetecpetealmost 12 years ago
Fine

Fine story that kept my intrest ad was an enjoyable read. Good Character development-just a fine tale all the way around

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
betrayed

his cornhole reamed, he smoked the meatiest cock, betrayed!

ValerionValerionalmost 12 years ago
Enjoyed it

Loved the story. It was very sweet and sometimes, I felt not just his need for sex but that secret desire all of us men have to just be intimate with a woman; to have her smell on our pillows and sheets. Fun read.

TalonsreachTalonsreachalmost 12 years ago
Key to a lock

The problem presented and the solution you put together fit like lock and key. The response was appropriate and it solved the problem. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
What happened to the first women

he met from his online ads? I don't think that was Alessa ..... and I agree that the story (as a story) went off the tracks.

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 12 years ago
To anonymous 06.10.12

The first woman he mentioned, having lunch at the lighthouse with, was a daydream.

I don't think the story went off track. He got what he wanted and then some.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
MARRIAGE IN ITSELF IS HARD

but doubley so with 2 mates, trying to cope and compete, TK U MLJ LV NV

roscovichroscovichover 11 years ago
Oh, what a wonderful story by a very competent author.

I didn't enjoyed my self so much reading a story for a long time.

Thank you Scorpio.

rixelsrixelsover 11 years ago
Thoughtful, satisfying story.

This story works for me because the husband treats both women with respect and love. It is somehow believable. Great story. Thank you.

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
TWO FOR ONE...TWO AGAINST ONE

a three for all works for me, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I liked it Scorpio...

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When your wife no longer wants sexual attention...get it wherever or however one can. This guy did it his way. Of course he could have taken his sex life in hand and make it work. That is what literotica is for isn't it? I know it works for me and my wife doesn't mind either!

phd70phd70over 11 years ago
Satisfying, emotionally charged tale!

Very fine tale by a master writer. Wife loses interest in sex, husband needs physical connection for a satisfying sexual/love relationship, parties develop the revised lifestyle to the satisfaction of all. Crisis intervenes, three lovers establish a new three party relationship, with improved satisfaction for all! No humiliation or criticism/bad-mouthing heaped on respective spouses, permitting a four party supportive relationship to develop! Great characterization, without excess side stories or unnecessary detail, permitting a short tale to focus exclusively on the play of the relationships! A jewel of a story! Dan

Jim44444Jim44444over 11 years ago
Another great tale from Scopio44A

So many men have heard this same crap of "No more sex". They go through the same motions that Dave did, hoping that things will change. The author did a superb job of presenting an alternate solution, one that alines with his personal lifestyle. Would it work for me or most men? Probably not, but it certainly was a good story. Thanks for the entertainment.

ValundarValundarover 11 years ago
good story

Nice fun story.

Good flow, with likeable characters.

Good job!!

ythebadgerythebadgerover 11 years ago
I can't really believe that scenario would ever work.

The chances are that a truly menopausal wife would have bought a gun and blasted his nuts all over the kitchen. And, no - I didn't find any of the characters the least bit likeable.

fanfarefanfareover 11 years ago
pondering

I realize, that by a large margin, the great majority of readers of the Literotica site and especially the LW category are older males. From the blogs, it is an obvious truism that experience does not too often equate with wisdom. In general it seems many men never achieve understanding of women's transient biology.

From my experience as a male among groups of women, their cycles tend to fluctuate in waves. Not exact but within days of one another. As been pointed out in research, their biological functions are influenced by proximity to one another.

It seemed realistic to me that for this story, hormonal changes could have been triggered in Ruth by proximity to Alessa. Though I would think in real life, this process would have taken several months.

Examples of how complex this subject is; my wife was very unhappy when she had to give up eating grapefruit. As a chemical in the fruit interferes with the secretions protecting the stomach lining, which in turn interfered with the time-release coatings on the medicines she was taking. If I misunderstood this process, well, I eventually have to be incorrect about something!

Other examples would be how people react to the consumption of asparagus. Some love it, some hate it. Some people can smell it in their urine, some cannot. There is a whole range of differing opinions about this single subject.

Another worst case example, is the ingestion of steroids to pump up muscle bulk. This is a biological disaster that our society is clearly incompetent to face. The social-darwinist compulsion to worship testosterone as a holy grail has brought us to the point of sports corrupting an entire society. These boys-to-men should have been cultivated for producing future generations of Americans and instead they are mutating into a nation of anonymousies.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks or the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
a very good love story

so close to reality its scarey

phd70phd70about 11 years ago
Heartwarming story

Thought that it was realistic in situation, and that the ending was satisfying for all three lovers. Thanks Scorpio44a. Dan

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 11 years ago
I liked all three characters.

I liked Ruth after she changed. It would have been so much better if she ha gone to the doctor and gotten her hormone level checked.

I liked Dave although he was just about 6 months too patient and he should have suggested that Ruth see her doctor.

I likes Alessa because she was just a normal woman with a husband with a very low sex drive and worked things out the best way she could.

I think the sex could have been more detailed but it was passable. Thank you for writing.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 11 years ago
Still not a fan of cheaters on either side.

But I have to say it was very well written.

4 Stars.

Tim413Tim413almost 11 years ago
Very well done, but

I can't imagine such an ending in my lifetime.

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
I couldn't get my head around it but it was very good!!

I am not a woman but I've heard that menopause can be very unkind to a marriage. This story showed caring and restraint to preserve love and affection. Perhaps Ruth should've sought medical assistance to ameliorate her problem.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Thank You!

It was entertaining and enjoyable.

If I want reality, I do not have to go far, it surrounds me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank You

For restoring my joy in the Loving Wives category.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 10 years ago
Hell, Scorpio, I did not notice your name until I finished the story.

I just went by the title and the tease. Of course, if I had seen your name I would have read it, I do not recall reading it before but it is possible because I went down your page a year or so ago. I always like your work. Thank you for writing this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Women ARE Funny

My wife was in the habit of cutting me off for months for no good reason. Eventually I decided to cut her off and told her I was getting a girlfriend. The crap from her ceased. Now a days she can't get enough.

Very good story BTW.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
ONE GETS A HEART ATTACK AND DIES FROM NO SEX

Davey Boy may get just the opposite, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great author....

...but the ending to the story...............yuck.....

oldwayneoldwayneabout 10 years ago
5*****

I liked it a lot!

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
idling bye

Trying to take my mind off treatment, I was going through my Bookmarks and this was one of the stories I re-read to occupy me. This time I noticed this phrase by Scorpio in his story and it triggered a memory of statistical significance.

"...I know if a woman cheats on her man he gets called a cuckold. I'm not sure there's a word for the woman who is married to a man who has sex with another woman..."

How about the Great Majority of women?

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
that old myth fanfare

There is only a difference within statistical margin of error between the percentage of men that cheat and the percentage of women that cheat.

Given how women cut their number of lovers in half while men double theirs it is probable that more women than men cheat.

It is easier and they have more opportunity for less effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Apalled

The previous comment shocked and offended me!

This story strikes me as improbable, but my gorgeous wife did not cut me off after menopause, so I have no first hand experience to judge by. I found it to be well written and pleasant. I enjoyed it, and am grateful that Scorpio wrote it.

The story may not have made any difference, but it may have made the world a little bit better for someone. The comment was not constructive and didn't make the world a better place.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
5*

:)

story bought back fond memorys of my great Aunt , widowed at 63 & still very active .

loved keep fit classes , yoga & dancing ,

when she was 66 she moved 2 guys into her house , one was 67 & the other was 71 .

we never knew which of her two "gentleman friends" she would bring to family functions.

we never realised how happy she was in her later years until she passed away.

it was only after the reading of her Will , that her "unusual" lifestyle became known to the family.

both of her lovers were shocked by her passing . they had convinced themselves that she was going to fuck them to death.

Love & happiness , in all its forms should be cherished ,

so long as it does not hurt others .

godbless & be well

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Something was not explained

He had a date set up for Tuesday with the first unnamed women at a Hilton. Then he sets up date with a different women named Alessa also for Tuesday. It was never explained what happened to the hotel date with the first unnamed women. She just vanished from the story.

George in Omaha

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
@George in Omaha

Re-read that, the first "woman" was a fantasy sequence, she only existed in his daydream.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Pathetic

Title says it all.

FD45FD45over 9 years ago
Second read

Some people say this is well written. I would say instead that the story is engaging. You don't jump from first to third person as often as you did and call it 'well written', though the spelling seemed decent and the tenses and the adjectives made sense.

Problems:

1) you added a woman and then dropped her. You had him trying to pick out a half a dozen women...and then dropped that whole element without explanation.

2) Okay...I can buy that. But you didn't develop the relationship between Alessa and hubby or hubby. It just sort of...happened. This wouldn't be that big a deal except you spent a good page having Alessa and Dave working out in scrupulous detail the terms of affection, choices et al between the three of them...and then just dropped equal development on how that ménage thing worked out.

3) We never met the hubby. We never cared about the hubby. He was obviously able to have sex with Alessa...so why wasn't she having sex with hubby? Not sufficiently explained. Again, less jarring if you hadn't gotten so detailed with the 'I will not reject your touches but not initiate' nonsense. You beat that horse to death, but couldn't spend a few sentences on developing the other relationship?

and yes, I still think it was very light on conflict. Lack of conflict makes for boring stories. This was engaging enough to not be boring...but just barely.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
*****

Interesting and well written story. Problem solved, though it took some time. Old fart had to be a eunuch for a year and didn't have ED? Crap, that had to be torture! Enjoyed it. Cheers!

HorsencartHorsencartover 9 years ago

Yes. The title says a lot about the type of person she is, I'd still love her for who she is not the mistakes she's made along the way

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Technically I suppose it was written without many errors.

But it was lifeless. I really felt no emotion from any of them. And why on earth Ruth would accept another woman into their married life was never explained. She just woke up one morning and felt like a threesome? The whole thing was poorly written and so implausible, that even for fiction, I just couldn't find anything interesting or entertaining about it.

ilimitadokenilimitadokenover 9 years ago
Suited my tastes WELL!

Fiction right? Well I enjoyed it very much. Intellectual in some places. Emotional in others. Analytical too. I smiled and grinned the whole time. Got one of my rare '5's ratings.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 9 years ago
Pretty Good

Overall I liked the concept and the story. I liked the beginning and the ending. Seems there are things missing. Alessa's husband was pretty much a non-entity. Sure could have used some background on why she was looking for a lover. Hot wife?, slut?, punishment? cuckold desires? She sure didn't mourn the poor bastard. Seemed like it ended in a rush.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Get this annony is bitching about the way the writer wrote the story!

When he can't even put his fucking name on the comment . What a scum bag ass licking fag he must be. I gave it a 5 dick head

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
X WHAT BECOMES OF THE BROKEN RELATIONSHIP

when tragedy strikes the other. TK U MLJ LV NV

garic372garic372almost 9 years ago
Wow...

Been browsing your catalog, and have enjoyed most that i have read (not all). This one though...simply awesome.

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
The premise of the story was engaging and the writing was easy to

read but I don't really understand what happened in the transition part of the story where he was married to a woman who said she loved him but refused any sort of intimacy based on her defunct libido. She claimed to feel nothing for him but slept naked so she could tease him with what she didn't want to give him. Okay. He gets a lover and wife isn't happy with that because evidently that means she can't torture him any more. Okay. Then the lover's husband dies and I guess the hook is that Ruth has empathy for the lover and they go to comfort her at the hospital and then bring her home. He puts them in bed together and sleeps on the couch. When he gets up they are asleep in each other's arms. Okay. Then they go to get her clothes and her car. When they come home Ruth kisses him and so does the lover. Then when he wants to fool around with the lover, Ruth wants sex too, but she wants sex with both of them and it says she found she enjoyed sex with a woman. Okay. Well it looks to me like Ruth has been enjoying the torture and when it stopped bothering him she decided that she would horn in on his lover and prove that he didn't have what it took to get Ruth excited but another woman did. Okay. Now we come to the part where Ruth is a hateful, passive/aggressive bitch who will do anything to make her husband miserable, which is evidently how she gets off. She needs to develop an allergy to mushrooms or something and go join Ken in the passive/aggressive loser purgatory she so richly deserves. Okay?

computermadcomputermadover 8 years ago
Not sure

A good story. If only life was so simple to sort out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
meh

he was a bit of an asshole. I understand that he wanted sex, but he didn't have to rub her face in it like he did. and what about 'in sickness and health' and 'forsake all others'?

that said, she was a selfish BITCH to cut him off like she did. at least throw a couple of blowjobs a week at him for chrissake!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
No asshole!

The guy could have just divorced her ass and moved on. He gave it a year. Far more than I would have.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Turgid, Tedious, and Time Consuming

Most of the front end of this story was truly irritating due to the fact that, among other things, no satisfying reason is given for the cruel way that the wife has been treating her husband. Later on menopause is mentioned, but not until after a stupifying volley of obfuscation and confusion is hurled at the reader.

The husband is no doubt partly responsible for his own predicament. To just sit around making check marks on a calendar while he seethes with resentment is almost as bad as his delusional wife thinking she can continue to ignore her husband with no consequences for their marital relationship.

The wife should have been taken to a doctor for a checkup. These things frequently have identifiable medical explanations, ie, hormonal imbalances, etc.

The story plods on like a dumb ox, lumbering from one anticlimax to another. It is quite an accomplishment being able to string so very many words, clauses, and sentences together while the mood remains about as mobile as tree sap.

The palpable intent of the author for readers to experience a bit of satisfaction as the wife has her nose rubbed into the situation is wrongheaded and offputting.

The problem is not that she doesn't deserve a little reality checking. The problem is the husband's despicable, princely, passive-aggressive state of being. His blackhearted soul glowers at the reader with self-satisfaction as he makes each check mark or while he arrogantly ennunciates his latest formula for behavior to his wife, all the while simply dumping the responsibility for everything in her lap. Fucking prick.

Yeah, wifey needs a quick bitchslap herself, no doubt about it. But she is a woman. A woman beset by her menopausal, hormonal comatose sex drive. Frankly, it's prick-hubby that should be taking the lead here. But he is too much of a sissy to do that. He would rather masturbate in front of a computer screen.

It's the turgid, leaden, oppressive mood of this story that badgers the reader's patience. Honestly, one has a difficult time putting a finger on just what the most irritating thing is about this yarn. It's just damn annoying all around.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
@Harry

In what universe can a menopausal woman be kicked to the curb while her sissy hubby can't even take single step as a man to put the situation right? Yes, she is delusional. But the husband can't sit around pouting and seething like a baby for a year. Really? He is a fucking sissy. Step up like a man and put things right. Help your dipshit wife understand the time of day.

I blame the author for this whole silly mess. It's too stupid for words. Really.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Duh

Do you have SHIT in a bread bowl. I will take two as I shit out the shit story.

Anjin1962Anjin1962over 7 years ago
Feel the realism

Hi, I was able to really relate to the frustration experienced by Dave when his marriage became non sexual, I have experienced that happening, and now have a regular lover, and still live with my wife. The story really captures the feeling and the frustration, and shows a good outcome of how it can all turn out. Congratulations on capturing it all in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Loved It!

I thought the story was really thought out. It had a good story line. Kept me interested from the beginning to the ending. Reminds me of my life....hum........

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Very weird tale

But utterly enjoyable read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent !!!!!!!

Thank you so much.

HankWTullamoreHankWTullamoreabout 7 years ago
Hopeful fantasy

Worth reading though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Ummm

But two mother in laws no thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow

Loved it AGAIN! !!!!!

THANK YOU

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 7 years ago
Read It Again

Strange. Very strange indeed. My first comment said this was impossible. To try to put some reality in the suggestion after a few weeks of turning him down to go and seek medical treatment, whether physically or mentally would be the logical way to go. As for the mistress her man must have had physical problems for them not to engage in sexual congress, and one time he was eager and willing he had a heart attack and died.

Then again, using reality as a guide it isn't a very good tale now is it?

Damn, I think too much.

auhunter04auhunter04almost 7 years ago

Somehow I cannot even believe old wife changed an the speed at which she changed

It seems like a three card monte hussle

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 7 years ago
OK these stories rarely

give me an erection but this one...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
2nd time

Still kind of bizarre. But loved it again just the same. Thank you

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous