All Comments on 'A Daddy's Love'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 262 Comments
cpetecpeteover 10 years ago
Well Done

Fine tale, easy 5*

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 10 years ago
very nice

thank you for this piece. The father's letter was

a gem!

OverstarOverstarover 10 years ago
Choices & Consequences

Nice story. It's good to read a story where a person almost makes a mistake, instead of plunging into it head on and then seeing the train wreck after. Strangely, it seems to me, that the infrequency of stories like this mirrors the infrequency of this kind of insight in real life. Most of the time people seem to willfully plunge into bad choices and then scramble to avoid the consequences of those choices. Thanks for sharing.

dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Excellent!!

Thanks for sharing.

patientleepatientleeover 10 years ago
Well, there's a turn I didn't expect!

But right up my alley anyway!

I really like the story. It's sweet and poignant. I felt guilty right along with her as she read the letter. I especially like that she pulled back just before making that huge mistake.

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
silly

You don't write a story just a load of emotional nonsense. Not a patch on your normal writing.

apollo90apollo90over 10 years ago
Father's letter

As another comment mentioned, the father's letter was exceptional. Not sure that amount of prescience exists, but then, I don't have a daughter. Very nice story, even without the Xmas angle. Absolutely deserved a 5.

robo29robo29over 10 years ago
Damn

What a great story, thank you for writing and sharing it with us.

tiredandoldtiredandoldover 10 years ago
No wonder

Anonymous, you are an idiot. I like a BTB story as well or more than most. However, a true loving story like this tops everything. Find someone else to trash with your spite!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful story.....

Heartwarming emotional story. Hit home on so many levels for me. The nights he spent sleeping in a rocking chair holding his baby daughter reminded me of my husband and our daughter. The dinner preparation scene for Christmas had me crying so hard the words became a blur. It was so poignant and true to life. It was very similar to my first holidays after my mom died.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Frilly, Cheesey Sentiments & then a Fleeting Glimpse of Honed, Edged Steel, then Back to the Mush Embued with Whole New Meaning

How do you beat that combination? Dunno. *****

cueball961cueball961over 10 years ago
AWESOME!!!!

Nobody's perfect, but damned if you didn't come close. I loved this. Five full stars. I'd have given it ten if it was possible.

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 10 years ago
As a father and husband...this story touched me..

There are no limits to what a father will do for his family. Great story.

jezzazjezzazover 10 years ago

Well written and very heartfelt.

Very impressed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This site is called "Literotica"

It's not the "Hallmark Channel."

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
LSD hits a triple...maybe an in-park homer

Very poignant. My wife was too good as Mommy for me to be that much a Daddy but I've seen those fathers who had to and DID! Kudos! TxTT had to have some of that to be able to write it! Kudos to him for that and for this tear-jerker!

Double for LSD's longest title (1 bagger) that summarizes the story beautifully (gets him to second) then the comment is much shorter than the comment title (3rd and maybe an error lets LSD dash and slide into home plate!

The story (and comment title) reminded me of a picante pulled pork BBQ sandwich on King's Hawaiian Bread. Super sweet on both sides plus a tangy savory innerds!

5* and Fav x 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Another Classic

Another great story from you. Thanks and especially in this special season with so much evil in the outside world. But, even so, part of me would like to have known a little of what she did and how it happened. Did Michael ever make her disclose everything?

JennyBearJennyBearover 10 years ago
I loved it!

Sniff, sniff, Im glad it's not a work day. TY for writing

BTTapBTTapover 10 years ago
Sweet tale

Very nice story, liked Dale a whole lot. One thing that disconnected a bit for me was that the impression I had earlier in the story was that the wife was going to call it quits on the marriage, but her later internal monologue suggested that she was not intending on leaving her husband and only wanted a little fling. Which was it? Gave it 5 stars.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 10 years ago
Wonderful!

It was like you had been to our family holiday gatherings and took notes. And I know all about that father-daughter relationship. I could never be more proud of mine.

This story is a winner, hands down!

hebert100hebert100over 10 years ago
one fine tale

that was one fine tale. Dale did what a father is supposed to do. You love them and teach them about life. sometimes the hardest thing to do is let them fail so they can learn. Not fail horribly just enough to learn. sometimes you make them very mad at you when you say NO, but later they will tell you thanks. Dale was a FATHER. love and protect the family that is what fathers are supposed to do. too bad I can't vote twice, 5 stars many times

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
the best

I like what you write, but I think this is the best story you've written so far.

Going to be hard to top this in the future

HumminCumminsHumminCumminsover 10 years ago
First time I have ever commented

Wish there were more than 5 stars available, A rare three generation story. Answering some of the questions about why would have been redundant and added nothing

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thanks

If we are forced to endure 100 cuckold stories to read a story like this, please write 1000 cuckold stories.

harristharristover 10 years ago
Thank You

I have expended all my expletives on your past stories. The only thing left is for you to let your fans know when the novel (future best seller) is to be released. Again, thank you loved the story.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 10 years ago
A father's love?

A father's love or desire to control ever aspect of his child's life?

An interesting tale of a family, as one of the other commentor's suggested it was a little "hallmark". I guess it's just my twisted nature but the constant monitoring of the father I found creepy. At some stage you have to step back and let them find their own path.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
THANK YOU!!!!

For this wonderful story and giving your great characters the proper ending!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you can finish a well told tale properly!!!

Great job!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
good story

You can always be counted on to write a really great story. thank you

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
great xmas story

TTT, I really enjoyed reading this. And I have been through similar experiences as the people I have cared about have passed away. We try to adjust, some of succeed and the rest of us endure.

As for the grumblers, my suspicion is they were expecting an Incest story and were disappointed that it turned out to be an almost vanilla Romance. Well. with some hot fudge topping.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Five stars for sure

I wonder what grandpa did to the wanna be perp. Great story. I liked the little twist at the end. Well done!

rvwsrvwsover 10 years ago
NO YOU DON'T

"A father's love or desire to control ever aspect of his child's life?

An interesting tale of a family, as one of the other commentor's suggested it was a little "hallmark". I guess it's just my twisted nature but the constant monitoring of the father I found creepy. At some stage you have to step back and let them find their own path."

As a responsible parent you are always there for your kids, no matter how old they are. Even if that means tuning in and teaching some DIRT BAG some manners. YOU DON'T FUCK ANOTHER MAN'S WIFE. Plain and simple.

I wish I could give you higher than 5*. This is the best story this year in this category.

GOOD JOB!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

The protectiveness is nice, endearing even. The psychotic level of stalking his daughter's *adult* life is creepy beyond plain old disturbing. Three stars, losing one for super creep daddy who has apparently deprived his family of his presence just so he could go psycho on a wannabe seducer, and the other for making physical discipline any part of marriage. Spanking her for lying? Really? There's sexual adventure, and then there's that line that shouldn't be crossed.

Personally, I'm kinda curious as to what the "other" issues were. Vanilla sex is a weak "issue", and it's not like a magic dick full of variety and adventure is going to cure real issues in a marriage.

chytownchytownover 10 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

2* it was just BORING.

kulvienkulvienover 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

But then I enjoy pretty much all your stories. If I had to nit pick, I felt that the first letter ran a bit long.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Awesome!

Wonderful. Just wish that most would learn from this. A close family and really good meaning people. The divorce rate would drop substantially. However today most would never follow the right path. This country has become a selfish, satisfy me now, culture with too much self pity. I wish there were more "Dad's" out there. Great work. Keep them coming

Fighting41Fighting41over 10 years ago
Loved it

A truly wonderful tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story

However I fell it got lost in translation about mid way

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 10 years ago
Enjoyable story

Nothing excessive or cruel, she just came to her senses when pushed. How did her father find out what she intended to do? How did the husband not know? Did the husband know and get her father to help him bring her back? Will we ever know?

RePhilRePhilover 10 years ago
Perfection in Pose!

Great story and even better writing!! Thank you for sharing

zed0zed0over 10 years ago
WTG! 5 Stars

Glad to see you are finally trying to grow a pair.

Keep up the good work!

Eric_ShiftEric_Shiftover 10 years ago
Just to say I've read this

I have too personal thoughts about Jessica's attitude being bored with her life, things that I will keep to myself.

If I gave voice to what I'm thinking, I would come off as preachy.

That said, I do prefer your lighter stories, this one hit too many raw nerves with me.

Just my own issues really.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story with a couple big flaws

You had me, all the way up until "if you do this, you're no longer my daughter." WTF? What kind of father's love is that? I love you as long as you are faithful to your husband? That and the violence. It's ok to hurt people for your daughter but it's not ok for her to cheat. What kind of moral code is that?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
How timely!

What a truly excellent piece of writing. Well constructed - held the interest throughout - twist in the tail and timed perfectly for the Festive season. How refreshing to have a strong inventive story line instead of the usual crude, monotonously samey, banging offerings from the great unwashed. I will certainly look out for further offerings from this skilled writer.

Seasons Greetings to all

user110user110over 10 years ago
Buenos Aires is in Brazil

where they speak Portuguese.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 10 years ago
User110

You are thinking Brazil. BA is in Argentina, where they speak Spanish.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

Thanks for the offering.

JohnnyGaltJohnnyGaltover 10 years ago
To Zed0

"finally trying to grow a pair."

You obviously haven't read much of TTT's other stuff

Try "Gamer Goddess", or his alternate ending to "The Joke"

To TTT

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you ever start writing professionally, I'll buy your stuff sight unseen

And I agree that "That Old House" would make a pretty fair movie, in the right hands

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Absolutely superb

'nuf said

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Depth!

First, I loved the story.

There's more to this story than most of the non-writer critics are willing to see. If a person has been around long enough to live life, then hopefully they have gained some intuitive processes that enable a person to see the truth and depth of what isn't written. Jessie got what she needed and it was hot. She was preparing to have an affair because she had not communicated her desire(s).

PS. To those reader who wish to put boundaries on love, well that's the same reason Jessie was looking for something different. She had it right at home and all she had to do was ask.

PPS. 5*++

ttom76ttom76over 10 years ago
Fun and poignant

First, I really enjoyed your story. A close reading shows some really well thought out plot twists. About the only thing I'd add to his letter is her promise of faithfulness. But, that's me and I didn't write this story.

Now, about some of the comments, Mr. Annon wrote: "This syrupy goo of a daddy's girl love still leaves the daughter a cheating bitch for even thinking much less lying and buying a plane ticket to fly off to fuck another man."

I wonder if you ever once were tempted, ever failed. Did you ever mislead anyone for your own benefit? I'd hate to be in your and judged by your own words.

She was wrong. She deserved to lose everything. Don't we all? But, love covers a multitude of sins. Judge not ... is there for a good reason.

As far as I'm concerned, this is one of your best yet.

Thanks!

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 10 years ago
This story needs only a two word description...

...Simply terrific!!!

GentleVikingGentleVikingover 10 years ago
Exquisite

A tall order to beat it.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 10 years ago
*****

Good timing, TX. Very good reading too. Good Show! Cheers!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

It doesn't get any better.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Speechless.

5 HUGE Stars, and would give more if I could!

greowulfgreowulfover 10 years ago
Not a thing to improve upon,

Well, almost too much devotion for his daughter. Hope his wife got at least SOME of that love!

oldcdawgoldcdawgover 10 years ago
WOW

One of your best, and great timing for the holidays. Great job.

CybawulfCybawulfover 10 years ago

Awesome story thanks, Merry Christmas

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
the best

that was the best well written story i have read in a long time, not nasty at all but held my attention with a smattering of watering eyes.

muirmadramuirmadraover 10 years ago
Five Stars

Excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Beautiful story

Very touching Five stars easily!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Of all people to write this ...

Very nice, a true Christmas story. 5

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 10 years ago
does Lifetime know?

You stole a TV script!

ironsoldier80ironsoldier80over 10 years ago
Impressed

Triple T, congratulations, you have officially taken your normally fantastic writing and brought new level with this story and have inspired comments and ratings from some of the other top writers devoted to this site. I am so rarely inspired to leave my own comment. The only thing I can add is well done.

Sam37Sam37over 10 years ago
Another winner

I'm as curious as the others. However, I recognize the brilliance of NOT divulging all the details and allowing the reader to project themselves into the story, interpreting the "missing" information in their own, individual way.

THAT is the hallmark of good writing. You, sir, are a master.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well done

This is the way the world should be.

No sign of the socialist beurocracy that thinks it knows better what to do with our lives than people with true hearts.

Dale thinks he did a bad thing, and should lay low for a little while... if all things were equal and just, Dale should actually be carried around the town center, riding on people's shoulders, lauded as a hero.

Jessie's life was made better because good people helped her steer a better course. Her family flourished, and all were happy in the end.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
smalzy

Did you have any particular actor in mind to play Daddy

i thought maybe Ernest Borgnine,but hang on minute isnt he dead. Not sure you will be able to find anyone to appear in a film with such an old fashioned plot

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I gave it 5 stars ...

... Damn you! You made me tear up. Panther Fan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
don't

don't

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
well that was a turn up for the books

obviously she was off for a weekend of fucking with another guy but daddy knew all along what was going on so sorted her out then went to sort the guy out who was trying to bed her.....after that it got interesting with her husband sorting her out but nothing was said about what she had intended to do...that was glossed over also a mention of a son later which dropped out of the blue....presumably a result of all the intense fucking going on....the end was a nice surprise when he got together with the guys mother...now that was fun...but too much was left out that the story needed to make it more coherent....a nice little tale - loved it and loved the way her dad stopped her from becoming a cheating fuck slut whore but there again she had probably done that already before heading off for the long so weekend so called business trip away to spend it fucking.....woman can be such sluts....

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Spanish lessons?

When I was in Brazil, I found the language to be portugese.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Yes, Spanish

Buenos Aires is in Argentina and they speak Spanish there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fantastic

Never commented before but never had tears in my eyes before like this. I was looking for BTB but got something better.

Alaska84Alaska84over 10 years ago

Loved it! Thank you for sharing your story!

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Good Plot

The best part was the father going after the shit-head wife-fucker. I would have preferred a little more description on his fate. Sure a husband may have a few years invested in his relationship with his wife, but a father has at least 18 years more! I would disassemble anyone who tried that on my daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you

for another great Christmas story. Sorry I was too late to vote for you in the contest. 5* of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Ok but ..

... growing tired of authors' portraying husbands/males as clueless, passive, cuckholds who's best response to their unfaithful (or almost) WHORE wives is to either runaway or forgive & forget ...

Most women marry men because they are strong & decisive & loving ... NOT because they can where the same panties as their wives!

Give it ANOTHER shot Tx Tall Tales with some real balls for your male lead this time.

THANKS

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
amazing

im always amazed at the fact that a story with minimal sex can have me absolutely captivated the way yours can, considering I was looking for a sex story. The scene with the letter in the airport nearly had tears in my eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
not a true ttt

no sluts at cabin or at pool.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
The letter

That had to be one of the most touching things I've read on this site

griz375griz375over 10 years ago
Great story BUT

You're prolific & generally, in my view, one of the best scribes on this site

IMHO there needed to be a little more detail about who/what tempted the wife - NOT 5000+ words on how often & how well she got humped by the interloper mind you - and then perhaps a bit on the Vengeance Ride by Dale - no brutal descriptions required but I think some justice was deserved & that might have added a bit to the total tale

Having said all that - this is, at the very very least, 4 Stars & I'd like to go 4.5 but since there is no 4.5 available, I'm going to round up to 5 Stars

Please keep at it - I'm certain I'm not the only reader that appreciates your quality of effort and work here

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
What a wimpy...

tearjerking, beautiful story. You have a former paratrooper crying like a baby. The Boss and I raised a baby girl and you hit it dead on. She's walking down the aisle in March and it feels like a part of me is leaving. I am thinking about creating a nym just to put another 5* rating on the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
enjoyed most by

wimpy para's

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This really hit home..

I recently had a conversation with my dad (one sided as it may have been) that very closely resembled Dale's letter to Jessie. I cried. Very hard. This was beautifully written. Thank you.

anubeloreanubeloreover 10 years ago
perhaps flaws exist,

But all tales with realism must have bits that aren't quite perfect. It's what makes them life like. Not grammatical errors that is, but plot resolution or handling quirks one might take mild issue with. They bring character and verve, reminding us that though life ISN'T perfect, it can be joyous all the same. I had to swallow a lump in my throat at the end, and that was whilst I was somewhat *dissatisfied* with the handling of certain elements. I may often find your work tiresome, despite your skill, but this day I was delighted to rest my eyes upon one of your works. Thank you. It was truly a pleasure.

BrettarnBrettarnover 10 years ago
Good stuff

Nuff said.............

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 10 years ago
Damn impressive!

Man, as a daddy you struck a nerve! Fair or unfair, legal or not, some of us have no fear of jail time when it comes to our families, especially our little 'princesses'.

bearbait2002bearbait2002about 10 years ago
go figure

Your story made me realize a few things about myself that scared the shit out of me. First that there may be hope for the human race yet. Yeah i know its just a story but we all hope for a love that would last a life time. In the real world she would have most likely cheated again bring more pain than anyone deserved. Lack of respect for each other or lack of morals.what ever the reason. Cheating seems to be accepted as a norm these days.I guess i just live in a fantasy world where people stay loyal to each other.Your story made me feel good for awhile.Thanks.............

sugnasugnaabout 10 years ago
Good Father

Protect your family - number one priority for all fathers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Well....

One of the best fucking stories I've ever read....tho I may be biased....because I have a daughter myself. And woe betide the son of a bitch who intends her harm, because that's my job. Here's hoping you won whatever contest you entered, I can't see how much of anything could top this.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 10 years ago
Way behind on my reading but Glad I did

I am way behind in my reading and I know I will be reading this again.

Gave it 5 stars and a tear or two in my eye to go along with it.

Thank you for a great read I guess I need to read faster but I am getting caught up.

Please keep writing and I will keep reading or marking until I CAN get to read!

Thank you

OlingerOlingerabout 10 years ago
Awesome story

I think the last thing I thought I would find on here was a heart warming story like this. It's amazing to read, I kept waiting for it to go the wrong way but wow, very nice plot and so well written.. Thank you

potsherdpotsherdabout 10 years ago
Poor dad - poor husband

They're on a loser. All the unconditional love in the world can't stand up against an over-weening sense of entitlement and self-centredness. This sort of problem will crop up time and time again..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Outstanding

Thank you--so good it made an old, tough warrior cry. tom anon

Keoni1791Keoni1791almost 10 years ago
Great story

I've read this a few times now, and I still tear up when she reads that letter. Wonderful story.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Just Beautiful

Her situation brings up a couple of topics I have railed about several times -

Your marriage is boring? Do something about it (other than cheating!), talk to your spouse, try to come up with things to do together.

Boring/vanilla sex? Again, communication! You want to"just be taken" sometimes? Tell your partner!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
20409 Followers
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

SIMILAR Stories