All Comments on 'A Different Thing Entirely'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
a follow-up

This one could use a follow-up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Protection

You have to protect your relationship. MArriage vows are for a reason and the are for real.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
Smoldering with the intensity & threat of a cqrelessly, damped out August campfire in a brisk wind !

A slice of blame is there for to be had for all and sundry. The only question is how much for each character. I'd like to know more about the respective couples before & after the events disclosed , but acknowledge this is a gem of a story as is.

It's been awhile since MGM has gone to the dark side of human nature for story fodder. If there's any rust on his noir skills, it's escaped my notice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Still a cluck story.

And, as such, not worth crap! Not many real authors around that are not wimps, obviously

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Not finished, finish your damn story or could someone please do it for him?

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 11 years ago
Not a particularly nice story.

But a very real one. And ignore the people who want you to spell everything out in the finest detail so that they don't have to exercise their imaginations. The story is just fine the way it is.

sengimaxsengimaxabout 11 years ago
Great Story

DO NOT add to this. It is really good as it is. If anyone want's more then all they need to do is use their imagination.

RePhilRePhilabout 11 years ago
Where's the Earth Shattering KA-BOOM!!

Kind of a dry story. No climax, no retrobution, no resolution, and no pay off for the reader. I guess this story was written as a catharsis. My appogies if I missed that there is a follow up chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
not loveing wife

it should have been listed as something else and there was no ending. just to

short .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Hey the end...

is all in the mind of Dean... Another tale with facts in the background... Stories with out some factual background normally will not fly...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I have no idea what happended at the end .. and neither does anyone else

who did Kay have sex with at the end ?

Ducky7Ducky7about 11 years ago
Good but needs a better ending.

Laura needs a little taste of reality in her face.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 11 years ago
Dean was set up... this did not " just happen" - a little deductive reasoning

Given the way the Author develops Dean as a character It seems really impossible to believe that simply because Dean saw his wife and Kay jumping around without a top on the Beach that it could lead to a wild wife swapping sex.

That is really strains believability

SECOND ..maybe it's just made but the transition from swinging one time to where Laura is constantly going over to jack to fuck him -- CHEATING --seems to occur awfully quickly.

We see this in a lot of cuck stories but it seems to me that this author is trying to do something more than write a simple CUCK story. If so... I would've thought the transition might have been a little longer in developing and a bit more detailed or in-depth.

THIRD It is clear by the end of the story that everyone knows DEAN is deeply bothered by what happened. Yet Laura clearly does not give this any time or actual consideration. All she wants is Jacks bigger cock. Her husband is time to come to grips with what happened and she's busy in the bathroom masturbating and then going off to find a one on one session with Jack.

That is a pretty abrupt change given the story time line. It almost seems to be that Jack and Laura were fucking each other long before the beach swinging thing " it just happened " event occurred.

Consider TWO specific comments made in the story towards the end. At the scene where dean confronts Jack at the bar.. and Jack concedes that it's now in

"Dean s TURN". As if they are playing some sort of game or this is on some sort of schedule. ***Notice that Jack is not even concerned about how Kay MIGHT react to the knowledge that Jack and Laura are secretly fucking each other **

.

"You wouldn't mind that?" Dean asked.

"Naw. It's your turn next. Kay is a nice little fuck but for some reason Laura just yanks my..

Then at the end when Dean decides to come back and has rough sex with Kay ... At the end of the session Kay thinks this....

"'Now, by God, she really DID have something to tell Jack".

This clearly establishes some sort of sexual relationship between Jack Kay and Laura that Dean has NO idea about. And by the end of the story Dean has yet to figure this out.

This wife swapping session did not just happen

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 11 years ago
Very nicely told tale . . .

. . . of the emotional conflict of a husband after seeing his wife sex with a friend. The emotional conflict Dean experienced, from his lusting romp with Kay and watching Jack do his wife ate at his insides. The angst over penis size enflamed his torture. In the end his emotions overwhelmed him well before the final scene of assault on Jack and rape of Kay.

Magmaman has done one hell of a job describing Dean's excitement and his torture. Great story!

jasonnhjasonnhabout 11 years ago
Human weakness

This is a great story that focuses in on human weakness. Dean has strong morals but stupidly lets a situation spin out of his control. Then he does nothing to address how he feels, how upset he is, pretends that everything is fine.

Unfortunately his wife is also weak in that she gives in to further sex, secretly. I agree with Dean, it's NOT the same thing. If his wife had any sense she would have realized how upset he was and just not gone there.

Also unfortunately, his friend Jack is a dog, ready to screw without a thought. Kay is about the same.

It comes back to Dean though. He is dealing with three swingers. He let the genie out of the bottle and didn't really try to make it clear to anyone that he wasn't happy about it.

No, there isn't a good resolution or retribution. Who should he get revenge on, himself? Jack and Kay just went with the flow that Dean allowed to start. His wife also. The story is focused on the situation itself and is well written. It's more of a cautionary tale; this could happen to you. I think it works well as that type of story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good start

But disappointing ending. I was looking forward to a confrontation between Dean and Laura, with or without the other two present. A confrontation ending with Laura realizing how much she had hurt Dean, and how much she had lost in return for so little. At the least, when Dean visited Kay at the end, he should have asked her about the threesome on the weekend, and the story should have had Kay go into some detail about what happened on Saturday, was it planned or spontaneous, etc., to let the reader know what their attitude was. What did Kay and Laura plan for the future of this relationship? Was the thing Saturday something unplanned that got out of hand due to alcohol? Did they intend to continue it? Did they really think Dean would be okay with an open relationship? If Laura intended to lie about what happened Saturday, why did she even tell Dean about trying on the bikini? It doesn't sound like these women would wear the same size bikini, so that didn't seem believeable, anyway. 3 stars, as it was, but could have been 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Unfinished

You need another chapter...don't leave us in the dark. There has to be more excitement in this story!

stinger82stinger82about 11 years ago
Will there be a part 2?

I hope so!

NeuroBillNeuroBillabout 11 years ago
I'm agree with stinger82

This drama requires chapter 2.

one4all00one4all00about 11 years ago
She knew it was different

And wrong, only reason for her to lie about it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Not voting...

... until we find out if this is just chapter 1 or if this is all there is. If this is all there is it's obviously a lower score for leaving far too many loose ends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great Story

A really great story. Gave it a 4 as it needs more story as to what happened to Dean and Laura after he left. I'd like to have seen a little more justice for Dean and a little more pain for Laura, who really deserved it. Again, thanks for a great read and hope you do a sequel.

RFM

Sidney43Sidney43about 11 years ago

I disagree with some who posted, there is not going to be a chapter two. This was the end for the marriage and he is largely at fault for not being able to communicate with his wife what he really felt about what happened. If he had been honest and open the second meeting might not have happened between his wife and the other couple. Then again it might have, but the lines would have been clearly drawn. Now he will be conflicted for a long time about what he let happen and how he dealt with the situation.

magmamanmagmamanabout 11 years agoAuthor
Part 2???

Every time I bite when getting this request, you folks all come in and kick me in the teeth about it.

I suspect that perhaps I am gentler than some would like when dealing with infidelity, lies.

Sure, Dean could go get the gun and kill everyone involved. Perhaps burn down the house with the cheating wife inside? Scorch the Earth, end up with Bubba as a room mate?

Instead, knowing that his friend Jack had a threesome with his wife and his own, then knowing that she lied to him about it?

This while filled with his own personal guilt about his own indescretion, his own weakness?

He took his revenge on Jack's wife...AND on Jack. She was a part of it. Not much revenge with Jack's wife, she seemed to like it.

Then, not being a violent man, he cashed out some assets and just...left. Well, maybe a little bit violent if belting someone with a beer bottle can be called that.

(That works, by the way, especially if they don't see it coming.)

Where does he go? What does he do? A man in torment does not care. Eventually, yes. But not at the moment.

I happen to KNOW some men would do that, I did the same with one redhead a very long time ago. Not before she got quite a chunk of my hide..and my Dog.

Since then, I write stories about her when she pops into my mind. I kill her, hurt her, cause her pain and grief, insult her, on and on and on. I even set fire to the trailor, her inside with her boyfriend.

Those are stories. Didn't happen. I did think about it, though.

The only real revenge in my own personal painful story was getting to break her goon of a brother's arm when he decided to "fix" me, other than that? Larger than me by 50 pounds, his mistake was thinking he could do it, "fix" me.

Turned out, he couldn't.

I wrote about that and posted it here, and that one is true.

But this old man really IS non-violent...LoL.

Thanks,

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Incomplete so no stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
waiting anxiously for part 2.

Great job, would like a part 2. Want to see reaction by Laura, Jack and of Kay. I would like to see when Dean meets with Laura

Reconcilliation? BTB?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
@magmaman

This old man really is non violent..... you said so in your comment. Being non violent is nice but not getting revenge in the right way on a cheater is not nice. There is a difference. A polite word for being a wimp?

BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
Really interesting and good

It was a different thing entirely. Kudos for an original(ish) take on the LW formula. I found it easy to read, concise and effective. It also touches on the complexity of the emotions, thoughts and motivations for the characters. I found myself caring about them (wifey too). Jack giving up the ghost during their friendly pub chat seemed a little convenient....but it moved the story along. Thanks for a true short story; so many submissions are 5-plus Lit page novellas, handled in brief. I don't think a follow-up is necessary, as the reader is left to use his imagination. However, the situation is compelling enough and the characters brought to life so well that the reader is left wanting more. That, to me, is a sign of a very well executed story. 5 stars all the way. BTW-it's nice to have a little eroticism in a Lit story, even if it does lead down a sad road, ultimately.

looking4itlooking4itabout 11 years ago
Couple of things

It is hard for me to believe that Laura didn't know anything about Dean's past in regard to his mother, father and the breakdown of their relationship. Thus, she had to know what this would do to him.

Laura's apparent ease to be naked after the swap tells me this isn't the first time. I have to agree with HarryinVA (OMG did I just type that???) in regard to this being set up or a convenient way to see if Dean was down with it. Obviously to everyone he was not and therefore it had to go back to lies and cheating. Unfortunately, Dean now had a heightened awareness so it couldn't go back.

Left unfinished and I imagine it will be that way which is unfortunate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
This

Leaves you wanting. Wanting to know the reactions of his wife Laura when she finds out that he knows she cheated again and lied about it also. When she finds out he hit jack over the head, Kay finds out that dean hit her husband over the head. When jack wakes up and finds out that Dean fucked his old lady up her ass and left the state and left Laura with no hubby and a bunch of bills and not much money to pay for things. She may have to sell the house and move in with Jack and Kay and wont Kay love that lol. Jack probably would but sooner or later Kay will want some extra cock also. And now also Jack will hate that he wasn't the first to fuck his wifes ass..

syd_the_cynicsyd_the_cynicabout 11 years ago
A part 2 is not necessary

The story is complete. Nice work but with a disturbing undertone.

BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
Comment on comments

I think JasonH nailed it in terms of what the story was about. Good to see his insightful commenting again.

I think HarryinVa is off the mark. He is seeing things that just aren't there, and drawing minimally-supported conclusions. I prefer to trust the author's words. I'll only point out that, contrary to what Harry said, there was no indication that the wife was "constantly" fucking Jack after the swap. Rather, there is only support that she did it the one time after the swap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
second part

Hopefully there is a better ending. Leaving it just like that leaves it incomplete. There is no resolve no ending, heck leaves me to wonder if the guy will commit suicide or something .

SKHPSKHPabout 11 years ago
My opinion: Part 2 is needed

Many stories written from the 1st-person-POV of the "wronged" party really need the other POV.

Questions in this case: Is there something underneath the surface like HarryinVA suggested? Was there a story before the story? Was she really oblivious to what she did to her husband? Did she get addicted to "big cock"? How did she handle the aftermath?

I would prefer MGM himself as author of part 2 - even if he is reluctant.

(I gave 5* for this well-crafted one as sort of advance advance payment for part 2.)

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 11 years ago
Second Chapter???

It's pretty obvious. Jack is on the floor at the bar with a mild concussion. The EMTs take him to the hospital to get checked out and he is released eight hours later and told to go home, take two asprins and sleep it off. Kay has a bleeding butt hole and a warped pussy. She is out of commission for a week, but Jack's also out with his headache and mild concussion so they sleep side by side and ask themselves what got into Dean to make him freak out so wierdly. Laura has dinner on the table and wonders were in the name of hell her loving husband is. He's never this late getting home from work, and why in the name all the sex gods did he go soft and roll over last night after I told him all of those little white lies about not enjoying Jack's much bigger and longer lasting cock. Dean is driving down the highway at eighty miles per hour still in his emotional fog. He is either driving into a new life with all that cash in his pocket or more likely going to drift across the line and die in a blaze of glory trampled by an eighteen wheel rig.

There's all you need to know about the second chapter - sorry Magmaman. I don't quite understand what more a second chapter could add to this story. The author told us all we needed to know when he wrote and published this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great story

Captures husband's emotions perfectly. Despite the stories in LW, most men do not want their wives to be with other men, not if they truly give a shit about their wives. If it happened, they would react like this guy. No one wants to live around betrayal, even if the crime was mutual.

magmamanmagmamanabout 11 years agoAuthor
To BobNbobbi

Yep. I could write that, or lots of other possible outcomes.

But why? The story is not about the final result, it is about what leads up to him dropping everything and just.....

Leaving.

Thanks,

MGM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
The guilt syndrome

That is behind all cuck/Rambo stories. The gay world has a good analogy. Some gay men hate themselves for those desires in them and after surrendering to a man they wake up and feel hatred for all fags and queers. The same for a cuck/Rambo. Dean was ready, willing and able for the swap, and the sight of his wife with Jack blew his mind with excitement (every detail was described) and with guilt for being so excited. Time for Rambo. Hit Jack with a beer bottle, do a fantasy fuck/rape on Kay (savaging a woman is the epitomie of Rambo valor) and drive off into the sunset. The cuck/Rambo fantasy is fixed and never changes. That is why MGM so very carefully presented Laura as gentle and loving to Dean after the first romp. Not rubbing anything in his face, very concerned about his feelings. It is not possible for a cuck/Rambo story to satisfy anyone. They cater to audiences that are polar opposites.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
good story and just like it is !

the problem with those endings are what we readers think. we would like to know what happens with the 3 scheming, lying cheaters. we would like to see or to know what they did think. and of course that the deceived husband Leads a good life.

so if this is possible in your country then this is a way out. In my country unfortunately not. and it is not a solution. not to his problems in his mind and not a real solution with his wife as he is married.

Richie4110Richie4110about 11 years ago
Please do the follow up!

I loved the build up to the sexual peak and then the obvious betrayal. He get his justice and then?

Please do te rest of the story.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerabout 11 years ago
Well done

Sadly realistic, entertaining, unexpected. Great job.

StangStar06StangStar06about 11 years ago
Loved it

Great job, and I have to admit I'm torn. I really want to see another part, but as has been mentioned, it would be toe easy for the next part not to live up to what you've done here. Great job

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 11 years ago
A short story

does not tell the life of a person. It is a snapshot of life. That is exactly what this is. Always leave them wanting more. Good job.

winterfoxxwinterfoxxabout 11 years ago
Perhaps your best?

You've had several great stories ... I think this one may be your best!

Well developed story line and characters although a tad bit centric on Dean.

The story stands as it is although it leaves the reader (me) begging for more. That's the true grade of a great story.

My one major suggestion (plea?) is to write chapter two ... starting where you left off ... from Laura's perspective.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

his wife cheated when she did it without him and he left her - good for him. she probably set it up to begin with. there is no such thing as swinging, it is mutual cheating and the marriage is dead.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 11 years ago
The PROBLEM with doing a follow up story -- from say Laura's perspective-

is that the author has to develop in such a way that Laura doesnt look like Hitler's daughter.

It is Probable that Laura Jack and Kay were all " in " on this scheme to get Dean to Join their lifestyle but Laura knew about Dean's bad family life. Thus they had to proceed slowly.

But once it was obvious that Laura and everyone else that Dean was NOT "okay" with this lifestyle .. WHY did Laura keep going ?

By the end of the story Laura is fucking Jack as often as she could and when she wasnt .. she was has masturbating over Jack.

so how do you explain that with the the wife coming across as a sociopath?

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
A lot more...and NOT!

There is a lot more to these four people's future life stories. Individually, and in their myriad relationships, each one with each other plus each one with two of the others, but probably no one with all three of the others, any more! Sure, the dyads and triads might be interesting. BUT, this story is complete in and of itself.

If the author wishes to write a spin-off story or seven off of this base, I will be delighted to read it/them! I would prefer the title start with 'A Different Thing' but then vary. Like 'follow-up on Jack' - so there is no attempt to 'wrap-up' THIS story. Which is fine, as-is! Not that there are not several aspects I found which would have been more convincing with some small changes. It is an important contribution nonetheless!

5*

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 11 years ago
a 5* story of consequences

Well done, it was a very good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
self deluding

showed no signs of self responsibility , little remorse just unsaid thoughts and expected a telepathic understanding. made own bed so lie in it. was part of the original problem and cause so cant take the moral high ground afterwards, much too self centred for my liking. guilty because he had a small dick?? jealous more like. if had real morals as tried to describe it wouldn't have happened.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Running and not getting some closure for her cheating

He should have had it out with her. Let her off to easy.why run throw her out , burn her clothes at least do something . A beer bottle over jack s head was only for one of the cheaters.and screwing his wife in anger really did not solve anything.laura is free to cont screwing jack..you are leaving this story unfinished..

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1about 11 years ago
great story

I've liked most of your stories and they usually - not always pay off. This one did. I read these things more than anything else for the emotional charge you get from the emotions of the characters. Most of the analyses of this one were spot on. I think she had something going on with Jack and Kay for some time, or at least had been fantasizing about. Whether they planned the swap or it just happened, it still broke the marriage. Laura was attracted to a man other than her husband, cheated on him and lied. Obviously, you could do a reconciliation story. People are weak, sometimes they make mistakes. Happens to men as well as women. But what makes the story work is how a man's trust and love for his wife shatters. These are stories for readers who thrive on emotional pain, not so much the sex and the big dicks. The sex has to be realistic to make the story real, but its the scene of Dean fleeing from a wife he can't face and a life that has disappointed him too many times, that makes this story memorable. I'll agreed with the writer. Supposed Dean send Jack to the hospital, or smashes his dick and balls, how does this do anything to restore his marriage, ease the pain of knowing his wife wants another man more than him? Probably nothing is ever going to do that. Dean has lost his wife and his self respect and his confidence as a man. I will admit it'd be fun to read sometime about whether Dean was ever able to come back or if he smashed into the side of a bridge. But it works fine as a story this way. Very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
damaged goods

Laura is damaged goods so he is better off without her. You must remember what happened to his Dad by his Mom when he was a kid and it did something to him. Too bad he lost momentary control when they wound up with each other's spouses. The marriage is dead in Dean's mind and the trust through Laura's lies only makes everything worst. Dean is just cutting his losses. Nice read and well written.

m48gunnerm48gunnerabout 11 years ago
Not finished

You really didn't finish the story...left too much hanging.

chytownchytownabout 11 years ago
A Good Read***

A little weird but a good read. Thanks for sharing.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
No Country ( or story ) for Those Who Have Plot Completionist O.C.D.

Cormac McCarthy didn't show us Chigurh killing Llewelyn or disclose the hitman's ultimate fate after he narrowly evaded the law yet one more time. Likewise the odds are against Magnaman disclosing Dean's destiny.

The actual ending to both stories is that Dean runs over a hitchhiking, hospital bound Chigurh at 80 mph. Dean is killed. Chigurh survives and gets away again. Although he sustains a 2nd broken arm to add to the one he had at the end of the Coen brothers movie.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Great Conclusion

Good tale about regret and retribution. The cheating wasn't planned (or was it?) Dean was basically numb and went along. When it happened without him it was officially cheating and he did what he had to do. A sequel could explain more but it isn't really necessary. Well written.

bobby9909bobby9909about 11 years ago
My thoughts:

I think the story is complete.

Laura cheated - with both Jack & Kay - before "group experience". This was shown by how familiar the women were with each other, and by how easily Laura accepted the much better endowed Jack. The topless beach and the group session were intended to bring Dean into the "group" by making it seem like an accident and the first time. Dean noticed this but refused to accept it could be happening to him.

The flirting at the bowling alley gave Dean further proof, but again, he chose not to act on it because it was too hard for him to believe.

When Laura was gone all day Saturday, then came back drunk the bubble began to lose air. Then, when she tried to give him sloppy seconds, he could no longer ignore what was happening...

What more can you add? She got involved in a 3 way affair with their "best friends" knowing he couldn't accept it. But instead of ending it she selfishly tried to get him involved. Lies and deceipt... End Game...

But I would like to know what happenned to the trio! Did Laura just continue on with Jack? Did Kate long forDean to return so she could again experience "Damn, you are something else! I never felt anything like that before!" And what about Jack? Did he live happily ever after with Kate and Laura? Or just Laura? Or neither?

Enquiring minds want to know!

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

I agree with bob that this was not the first time nor the last. And the never felt that before was crap too, just like friends wife saying he was good, that is crap too. If the women thought they would have pulled him into a 3 way with 2 women first, not later. Hope he knocked up friends wife but that did not happen. He left wife with too much money.

MerlHaggertMerlHaggertabout 11 years ago
Sequel

Gotta conclude it. It may be "Finished" but it's not done. AWESOME start. Please run with this story and conclude it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

It's really hard to enjoy an incomplete story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Needs a finish.

Well written but needs more ... needs a finish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good Start

He figured out he married a lying little slut, she and her "friends" set him up, move on. Hope there is a finish.

oldauthoroldauthorabout 11 years ago
Conundrum

MGM, you have certainly created a riddle in my mind...I can't honestly decide whether I'd like there to be a part two of this story or if it should remain a stand-alone story---complete just as it is written. On one hand I know I would enjoy anything you were to write, as I have always, but on the other hand I have to say..."Nuff said". Like you always do ever since I first discovered your writing when I happened to read where your ex took your dog, your stories describe events and people that seem all too real. I think that's what makes your stories so enjoyable. Whatever you decide as to a continuation of this story, rest assured that I will be reading your work.

laguna783laguna783about 11 years ago
This Can't be the END

I agree with the other comments, you have opened a can of worms here, this story is not finished, you can't leave us all hanging here, you must end it.

magmamanmagmamanabout 11 years agoAuthor
Against my better judgement

Since there are more requests for another chapter than not, I will work on that.

But it won't be fast, I have to wake up in the mood, which means I will need to actually FEEL like one of the characters in the story.

WHICH one's point of view? Right now, I don't have a clue. Maybe....ALL of them??

Hmmmm.....??? Now THAT interests me a little.

At the moment, I have been trying to figure out how negative energy works and why the Universe is flat? It's hard to write about emotions with that going on....*LOL**

Yea, I know. Screwy as a loon here.

MGM

Jim44444Jim44444about 11 years ago
I vote for chapter 2.

Maybe in the next chapter you can get Dean to get his head out of his ass. Damn fool would not talk to his wife but expected her to know how he really felt. He needs to get over his mommy and start living his life. A sexy wife who wants to swap, every straight man's dream.

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD4about 11 years ago
Part 2 POV depends on your outcome

If you write from Dean's viewpoint perhaps you move forward 10 years when he has moved on pass Laura. If you write from Laura's viewpoint perhap you seek some sort of reconcilliation. If you write from Kay or Jack's viewpoint perhaps you can just tell us what happen to Dean and Laura. First, I do not see reconcilliation for the couple given Dean's history and how Laura betrayed him. How did she betray Dean? By not caring about how hurt Dean was from the incident. She paint over an event like it was a double tennis match where she and Jack beat him and Kay. Then there was the lying and cheating for real giving him sloopy seconds. What was plain was how clear Dean's pain was but yet she served her desires. Was Dean immature during the swap - yes but pain is pain and it was clear that Jack was the better lover for Laura. Keep up the good story - this little 2 page story was extremely powerful - Thanks!.

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD4about 11 years ago
Setup!

After rereading your story it is clear that Laura intended to get Dean into swapping partners. First, you have Kay who is normally shy baring her breasts with Laura (egged on by Jack). Then Jack makes the first move on Laura (probably not the first time) aided by Kay's moves on Dean. Once the swap happens Laura tries to feel Dean out and suggests another fuck session. When Dean withdraws from her she go to the "friends" to get her big cock fix from Jack. Lastly, Jack thinking everything is cool with Dean makes the nominal 'Bros before Hos' comment not realizing that Dean is not on board the swapping arrangment that their wives have set up. The only problem I have with Dean's behavior is running away. He should not let the assholes drive him out of town.Friends Indeed? .

greowulfgreowulfabout 11 years ago
I leave it to you

i tust MGM to make the right choice. This one said it all. It's a different thing entirely. He's an ass for not talking to her earlier. She's a bitch for lying to him. The betrayal was complete when she tried to fuck him after lying. But I'm a sucker for a good redemption story. If she she hits the right notes, maybe there's something slavageable here. I do believe, though, that further revenge is just overkill, and i hope any redemption story won't throw his last actions in his face. It's a different thing entirely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Where is part 2?

It needs a ending and a reason she did it, I think she has been fucking Jack for awhile, they decided to get Dean involved, but thats just me.

norcal62norcal62about 11 years ago
A fairly interesting erotic story, but, the Brit hubby???

Why are there so many LW stories with sappy, spineless Brit husbands who are cowards, or else culturally incapable of communicating with their spouse?

This goes beyond literary devices for contriving conflict to be dealt with in the story.

The conflict is never dealt with. What gives?

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
swinging opens

Up an ugly can of worms doesn't it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Very Really Possible and Satisfactory!!!

Right from the start, the beach, the tops, playing with the young guys and being felt up, their time in the bathroom and then not being upset when the guys walked in. Kay handing the lotion to Dean...a somewhat camaflouged seduction to swinging but quickly orchestrated.

It's possible it wasn't planned but Kay and Jack moved along with no problem.

What got me was Dean watching his wife make no effort to stop Jack from undressing her, in fact - helping, and then raising her bottom up and down in rhythm and in tandem with Jack and his big dick.

Do I agree with the ending...Damn Right, why stick around and play/talk the who doneits, the blames, the misunderstanding and promises when it was already obvious...Dean got weak but Laura was an out and out slut!

Best choice, cash out and drive away...I AGREE!!!

Maybe a fantasy story but very possibly real for some guys around the world!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
GREAT STORY!!! 5*

You got into his head & brought us along. Damn! You're good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A good, unfinished story

I enjoyed the story very much. One character very well developed. The other three not so much. A sequel would be nice. A sequel that looks at Kay, Jack & Laura in more depth. Did Kay & Jack go to the beach with the idea of sex with Laura? Does Laura feel that since Jack had her once with Dean's okay that anything else with Jack & Kay is alright even if Dean doesn't know? Can Dean overcome his guilt and deal with Laura? Some closure is needed.

SoleSurvivor1969SoleSurvivor1969almost 11 years ago
Needs more

A bit unfinished

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Well

A case of the cheating swingers. What? Needs a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A great finished story.

It's over, move on to the next one.

peaempeaemover 10 years ago
A sequel please.

A very satisfying story. Very well written if a tad unfinished. Please oblige us with a sequel.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Well written but unsatisfying ending

You did a good job of telling us how 4 friends got themselves into a mess. And it was well written, convincing and while the ending was less then satisfactory, it did seem to be reasonable. But for the life of me, I can't see walking away from everything he did without really sitting down and talking to his wife. Seems to me he just tossed away their marriage without the benefit of at least trying to understand what was happening.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Dumb asses

You are either married, or you are not. You either believe in Fidelity, or you don't. If you are not Faithful sexually, why would you be faithful in any other way? It is all about the trust relationship between a husband and wife. Once the trust is broken, it can never be repaired. Some couples stay together after infidelity, but that does not mean that they have a true marriage.

norcal62norcal62over 10 years ago
Can't leave it without saying the Dean character was a weak wimp.

As usual, the significant element of the story was the lack of honesty/willingness to talk to each other. This could have been developed into a good story; instead it fades out for little reason. There was little here to support a conspiracy of the other three, even with Dean being a nonparticipant through cowardice and dishonesty.

norcal62norcal62over 10 years ago
And, I like the eroticism in the story.

Just to be fair.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Dean is a Coward

So they swap. Then the little woman fucks them without Dean there. So he busts a bottle on Jack's head and tears Kay a new one as revenge? And then he leaves. And then Magmaman decides NOT to finish the story. So we never know if he takes off for a short time and then goes back, or he never goes back and lets Laura file for a divorce using abandonment or he gets arrested for assault and battery or maybe rape? BOY DO I HATE UNFINISHED STORIES.

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 10 years ago
Where's the Finish?

Really wish you would finish this story. Or at least your take on what you think it ought to be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
It's not an unfinished story

It's VERY finished. His marriage is over. The so-called swap they tricked him into didn't work. He's not going to be arrested. His cunt wife may or may not file for divorce. Either way, he doesn't give a shit. He's out of there. New life waiting somewhere up ahead.

Only children need it all spelled out. Grow up. There is no "happily ever after".

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Ya, a part two would be nice.

You are a talented writer and I enjoy all your stories, thanks.

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
Trust

He can't trust them after they tricked him into swapping. The way Laura was so casual with the other couple and with the strangers on the beach, suggests that this was an ongoing thing, and they tricked Dean into swapping in order to test the waters. The way Kay and Laura played with eachother in the bedroom shows that this wasn't their first lesbian experience. It was a set up. The way she casually strolled into the bathroom after Jack fucked her in front of her husband, and the way she was totally at ease with it,shows that this wasn't the first time she fucked Jack. They were all looking at Dean to gauge his reaction. The fact that Laura saw he was uncomfortable, and still continued her affair showed that she didn't care about him, only about her daily dose of cock. Dean was right to leave.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Meh for the finish

I was expecting more than him just leaving

I wanted to see his unfaithful bitch wife suffer like she's never suffered before

I wanted to see Jack die

All you gave me was a revenge rape that Jack's wife ended up getting off on

I wanted to see the end of three worlds besides Dean's

this ending didn't give me that

just a guy running away without any real vengeance accomplished

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Six months since you posted this

and no sequel, good. The story is complete. They fucked around fucked up their marriage and now it is over. A well crafted story of recrimination and regret. There is no need to screw it up with a follow-up.

BDEarthBDEarthover 10 years ago
Great Story, Puzzeled by Ending

Call my naive, but I didn't see a conspiracy between Jack, Kay, and Laura. Kay started it by handing Dean the lotion instead of Jack. Dean didn't have to accept Kay's invite to rub her tits. It seemed to escalate at the same pace for both "new" couples. And there was nothing at the end of the encounter to set off premeditation.

Laura's not being truthful with Dean when she went over for the threesome is when the story got interesting. Unfortunately that's when the story took a nose dive and ended to quickly. Was this the first time? Did it really just happen when Kay and Laura returned from shopping? Why didn't Laura call Dean over when they started to drink? To many unanswered questions in my mind.

Magmaman I really liked the story (gave it a 4); would have been a 5 if you had answered some of the questions I raised. I know it was written nine months ago; but I would really be interested in the next chapter.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXabout 10 years ago
There was a conspiracy stupid

The Cunt wife was already fucking Jack or had planned to. The three figured that the only way to turn Dean into an accepting wimp is to let him have Kaye once to soften him up. But when he went cold after, his Cunt wife just went back to cheating behind his back. I like how Dean got a little back with knocking Jack out and rippin off several pieces of Kaye before he left the backstabbing Cunt. I would like to see what the reaction of those 3 pieces of shit was after Dean left.

phd70phd70about 10 years ago
The number or Comments and related differing opinions tells a tale.

Story is definitely engaging and has many excuses for the reader to 'fill in the blanks'.

A bit like the old tale about the 'Lady and the Tiger'. Clearly, the husband was pushed into swapping, and found it to be destructive to his marriage relationship. His wife liked the other lover and proceeded to act as though she now had an 'open marriage'.

Husband realized that he had been conned, and took action against the other husband and got some payback with the other wife(with her active cooperation). As might be expected he then split for other parts, deserting his cheating wife with whom he had no real communication. Thanks Magmaman for this interesting tale with enough twists to produce many. many comments. If the story was not a good one, there would not have been so many comments. Dan

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Well done

Underlines the problem of blurring the lines and then using different pairs of eyes to look at them!

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
To bdearth

The "conspiracy" occurred on the last shopping Saturday when Laura was at Jack and Kay's house for a little afternoon threesome.

SplitAcesSplitAcesabout 10 years ago
Day late and a dollar short

What a pussy! Didn't deserve a marriage.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Good write

While it cries for a next chapter, it's not really needed.

He found out he'd been played.

His reaction speaks for itself.

Nicely done. Thx!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
ending ????

I think it calls for her side from her feelings after the threesome and after she found out asshole got his ass kicked and her man took off. Personally I feel he should have left a letter and after a cool down week devorced her cheating ass. The lies will do it every time

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Excellent

Great story, well written but to me still unfinished. It has so much potential for future development that I can't believe you're going to walk away & leave it like it is at the moment. This is 1 of only 3 stories here in LW that I truly wished I had the ability to write a fitting ending or better yet continue it into a mini series. However I know my limitations & will just keep to commenting.

Whilst good, it has some serious flaws such as the lack of depth in the background of each character, their age, jobs, location & general knowledge that would round out even this tale better. Still a great read. 4 ****

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES