All Comments on 'A Grip on Reality Ch. 01'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
CharlieB4CharlieB4over 9 years ago
Good hook,

I'll be interested to see how you haul it in.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 9 years ago
Great Bones

This has the bones of a wonderful story can`t wait for the rest of your tale'

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
curiouser and curiouser

Welcome back...

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Wow

Hell of a ch.1. Happy and sad at the same time. I have an idea what happened I just hope I'm wrong. Can't wait for chapter 2.

Five Big Stars

Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great so far...

... something in the coffee? Just a guess...

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loving it

five stars. Usually I loathe multi chapter stories, preferring instead to read a tale in one sitting. But a chapter one from FM means there is more FM on the way! That is definitely a good thing. Feel free to make this as long as need be.

Good setup. I'm guessing the wife gave him a poisoned coffee. Maybe she's in it for the money. But then again, maybe that's exactly what you want us to think. Can't wait for part two.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 9 years ago
Because of the category,

we might assume the second wife is a problem. The only other character is the partner, so let's make a guess that the guy's problems will be traced to his wife and his partner. Well written, as always, and you have my interest. How the guy learns about the wife and partner and what he does when he finds out will be the story.

Lord_GroLord_Groover 9 years ago
Always good to see your byline under a new story.

Looking forward top reading the rest of the installments.

zed0zed0over 9 years ago
Ben Re-Invents the Credit Union

Then takes acid.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Oh boy

I hope she didn't poison him. The quick wedding made me wonder about her. I am starting to feel sick myself.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
SOMEONE GOT DOSED WITH LYSERGIC

now let the tale begin and tell us the 4 Ws. TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THIS COULD BE A SPIN OFF FOR

the Usual Suspects. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Of course you are supposed to think it was the

wife and his partner, (what with a major buyout looming on the horizon that Ben was sure to block). But what if it was one of the other female employees who was resentful because Ben had spurned her advances while he was still a grieving widower? Maybe this jilted employee has something going on with Ben's partner, but I have GOT to believe that FM will provide some sort of twist in there, somehow. And I want it to be a well earned surprise. The obvious set-up of being drugged by Celia is just too obvious; as obvious as the crooked nose on her face.

If it IS Celia, then maybe it has to do with blackmail from her ex-husband the abuser from Miami. But I'm sure the clues are here in this well set-up chapter one SOMEWHERE.

Thanks FM! So good to read a new thriller from you! This morning, yours was the first story I opened, and I am sure it will the best availible. It is hard to say just how gateful readers like me are for your continued contributions here. THANKYOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
a tad heavy on the hokum

The narrator is 50 shades of beige incarnate. If someone doesn't do something nasty to someone sometime soon , scores of readers will perish of diabetes.,

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 9 years ago
One word describes this one . . .

. . . intense! Wow! Okay, I just used a second word and I really could add a few more adjectives, even a sentence: Petty damned good job of writing and storytelling. I wonder what comes next? Is Elizabeth going to give some from the other world commentary on Cilla? On Peter? On the buy out offer?

I'll close this with the word I chose to start off with - intense.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 9 years ago
Well, I had a comment but HDK said it better...

...and with fewer words. Thanks for sharing your stories, I'm looking forward to ch. 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
There is a certain reader that keep asking the question...

Why are you reading "loving wives"? This story should answer your question. There is more to "loving wives" than swinging and willing cuckoldry. Author,always looking forward to reading one of your tales. As always you don't disappoint. This is what loving wives is all about. I rest my case.

nonethewisernonethewiserover 9 years ago
Title as much a clue as category

Some people have wondered where the hook is into this category, but just as interesting is where the title fits in.

Is it a hallucination? Will he start having communications with his deceased father and first wife?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Please, just don't . . .

make the plot hinge on someone otherwise really smart doing something really stupid. Be more clever and witty than that. Already hokey that the wife had to go get his coffee instead of a waiter bringing it. They are at a formal dinner. The femme fatale is just too obvious. It will be very cliche and disappointing if his wife and partner are linked either romantically or criminally. And if he has no prenup, did no background investigation, and married within a few months of meeting Barbie then he deserves whatever follows. She deceived him to get the initial interview; helloooo. So she showed no other signs of dishonesty or manipulation during their courtship? Oh, that's right, she's mesmerizing. I guess most bankers and successful business men never experience con artists. Now, go and throw us for a loop with a great continuation. I love clever writers.

patilliepatillieover 9 years ago
That was quite a last half page

not that the preceding 2 1/2 pages were boring, just that the LSD trip at the podium was COMPLETELY unexpected.

Now youa re a very good writer, so I eagerly await remaining chapter(s). I do hope you post consecutively, as it is oh so frustrating to read a serial story in bits and pieces, one has to constantly go back and skim the previous story.

Onward Francis Mac-4 stars for this opening, thx for your efforts.

imhaplessimhaplessover 9 years ago
Entertaining

Need I say more?

robindavisfictionrobindavisfictionover 9 years ago
Very good - Keep going!

I really enjoyed this first chapter. I like the characters, the plot, and the way you're telling the story. I look forward to the next chapter.

green117green117over 9 years ago
Not trying to be too something or another...

But why can't just have had a stroke?

Of course, if you want to get sticky, all of it could have been a hallucination from a stroke earlier... but I think better of the author than that.

Green-something

Zed56Zed56over 9 years ago
Outstanding Start

Look forward to the conclusion

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
Who is involved?

Are the wife and the partner working together or is she working for Big Global Bank on her own? Can't wait to find out.

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
4* for now...I'll rate it in the end...

4* for now...I'll rate it in the end...But that last coffee must have something to do with it...

avidreader123avidreader123over 9 years ago
Good start

Which STDs cause hallucinations? My guess is an STD given the category.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Something in the coffee.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More Please....

You left us hanging for more....

xtremeddxtremeddover 9 years ago
Last paragraphs kinda reminds me of "Windowpane"....

acid but, " Who dunnit " ?? We'll be tuned in for more.

Great start with all the Love; pain's, rain and then glowing Rainbows.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Now you got us guessing, poison or heart attack or something else

Great start to your story , now that you got me I'm waiting for chapter 2 .

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It started well

Then it turned better. 5*

beautyfishbeautyfishover 9 years ago
I don't trust that Cilla.........

It's the finger up the ass....... very suspicious. She is up to something.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Great Beginning*****

Thanks for sharing.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 9 years ago
I can't ever remember giving you anything but a 5...

This is no exception. You're one of the best!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Banker Vs." The Banksters" (?)

Our 'Compassionate Capitalist" should have augmented his college education wuth a course in Political Ponerology, then he might have seen this coming...

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
GREAT START

let me think here. if he already owned a bank im sure he got a prenup. i bet his second wife tried to poison him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A taste of aluminium?

My guess is that he accidentally swallowed a Boeing 707 and choked.

It can happen if you walk around with your mouth open.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Fascinating

This transition took me by surprise. It did sound like his new wife was a huntress, could she be working for a competitor? I loved the idea and spirit of his bank. His reality was a bit out of focus at the end of this chapter.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
now that I clicked

I looked at the tags. Our friend is in for a rough ride.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
No Score Yet

Interesting so far, though I do have to agree with some comments that I've read, that this doesn't seem to be quite up to FM's earlier work.

On to Ch 2!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
You never know where or when you are going to learn something

I didn't realize wine was alcohol free.

But, based on the promises he made, and kept:

"Ben would never forget what a person dying from cirrhosis of the liver looked like, and he swore never to touch alcohol as long as he lived."

Then later:

Dinner was even more enjoyable than their prior sessions, undoubtedly helped along by an excellent meal accompanied by a fine wine.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 9 years ago
Taste of aluminium?

To me it seems our hero has been poisoned vua the coffee by his huntress new wife. I do hope the husband character was sensible to have a prenup !

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago
Bizzare

The end was just over the top. My reaction is what the hell happened? I also feel we have another story on Lit that is unfinished, and the reader is just left hanging.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Story was cruising alone and then it fell off the cliff

The last few paragraphs were just bizarre. The walls were melting? Wtf? Is this about to be Sci/Fi? UGH!

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
WHEN EVER YOU THINK YOU HAVE A GRIP

a false step could mean a big slip. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fascinating start

Congrats. That was extremely well written. Four out of five. Initially I thought it was one long, slow, sad build up. I won't lie. I got a bit impatient. But it was so well written I stayed with it. Then the ending which was obviously him having his drink spiked meant you had something interesting in mind. Is it is new wife or his partner who secretly wants him to sell out to the big bank? Or something completely different. I look forward to the next chapter. Cheers. Steve

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Could Have Been A Five, But...

After all he's been through, he finally reaches the top, and you kill him off?

Still 4 stars for a well-written story, but this one deserved a happy ending.

frazodfrazodover 8 years ago
There is a part 2

There is a part 2. It explains things quite well. Francis gets a 5 from me.

https://www.literotica.com/s/a-grip-on-reality-ch-02

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

Wrong category. What is this non-erotic, mistery bullshit doing in LW?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Painfully drawn out

And it was a very very long intro then ends with him dead or appears to be dead from poison. And he seemed totally clueless about the women he was involved with. The tags are all wrong for this chapter but then it is only the 1st chapter. It seems this is just a nightmare and wonder if everything wakes up or drops some more acid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Yawn inducing, overly drawn out drivel. Fuck, I think this is the most boring thing I've EVER read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
To Anon

I admit it's not the fastest moving story I've read, but I'll never understand hyperbole like yours. It's very well written, and has interesting characters. The plot isn't obvious and it does end on or at least near one of those escarpments. I'll also never understand why someone finds something to be THE MOST boring yet continues to read.

Jonnyrebel828DE

Horseman68Horseman68almost 7 years ago
A Very Enjoyable Story 🙂

Reading some of the comments, one is reminded of something once said about pearls and swine. Disregard. Excellent story by superb author.

noobdudenoobdudealmost 7 years ago
Inconsistent

He doesn't EVER drink alcohol but he orders a fine wine?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Cancerotica, Crasherotica, Bullshiterotica

Macomber has penned some great tales, no doubt. But this reader is really, REALLY tired of the "cancer answer". All over Europe, Canada, Mexico, everywhere really, medical professionals have developed extremely effective natural cancer therapies.

Are Lit writers so blind to reality that they must keep with these ridiculous cancer themes which continue to tacitly promote these murderous AMA cancer treatments that enslave people to a horrible system - a system that actually makes it illegal to tell people the truth about cancer and about the natural therapies that are being used to life-giving effect?

And to top it all off you get tortured horribly by the "doctors" before you croak. Ever know a nurse in an oncology ward? They're not exactly gushing with respect for these "doctors". They pump in the chemo and the nurses standby to clean up the results.

For the most part we give ourselves cancer one day at a time. And all of this type of information is readily available, and, amazingly enough this is even admitted by the authorities. Just don't expect media to help anyone put the pieces together. Obfuscation, misdirection, falsification, ridicule, and a list of dirty tricks that's longer than a Michener novel - with a full roster of fraud and crime, including murder in the first degree.

This cancer-theme bullshit is becoming like the droves of Lit protagonist parents that are dying by car crashes. No sense in trying to figure that out. It's just a cheesy substitute for a real plot.

That being said, FM is generally an excellent read. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
First Trip

Yep, that first bad trip on acid/LSD that someone slips you without warning will melt your reality clean away. Particularly when it's been cut with bad shit like horse tranqs or meth or even Drano! Many a sad tale from the rubber rooms in psych wards all over the country...

Oh dear, that coffee his own wife gave him -- looks like a power play to get him out of the way, take control of the bank, and sell it to BigCorp. Hey, his wife has an MBA - you don't think she loves money?!?!

Good story! Keep it up!

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Good start

This looks like start of a good series. Too bad he already lost his dad and wife, and more trouble coming.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Tripping down halogenic street

Surprise

Anticipation

So far so good

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why Do I Get The Feeling

That he's been drugged. The most likely time would be just minutes before the meltdown. So if that's the case what did he have to drink just before and who gave it to him? In a Loving Wife story it couldn't be Cilla could it? Naw. It's now 05:25 so I'm going to have to wait a little while before someone has to deal with her. Signed: BTW

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Wow

This story has me hungry for more, excellent setup. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
They wait years before having sex!

And the first time that they have sex, they don’t use protection! That is funny!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hmm

What’s with America’s obsession with virginity? Why would you marry someone you had never slept with? Would you buy a car without test driving it? Would you buy a house without doing and inspection? Think due diligence.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

My first thought when finishing this chapter was F**K what a good story so far.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
It seems like

He was drugged. Are Cilla and Perry behind it? Are they having an affair? Is Perry after his bank? Cue dramatic music and credits.

A great story always leaves you eager for more, and this certainly fits that bill.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
REALLY?????

It was a great story till the very end. With that, you tore the whole thing apart!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A roller coaster of emotions...... Some feel good chills & thrills..... Even some real life climbs to get to the thrills..... Then B A M....... a crash into nothingness....... What a letdown..... A waste of time. 1 star..... Because of thr crappy ending.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

I've prepared to give you 5 stars times 5 stars for this story. However your ending totally destroyed it. I feel terribly terribly let down and I believe a lot of the other readers feel the same as well.

If you're going to kill him at least I didn't transition and to heaven to see his beautiful wife once more. Instead you gotta think they slipped into oblivion having lost everything at the peak of his life.

The emotional Carnes suffered by those Hayley's behind is Beyond measure. You really do write very very well but please don't do another ending like this. I wonder if you're thinking well let's let the reader make up their own ending and see what they do with it. I didn't want to write your story I wanted you to write your story and not make assumptions about what I wanted in terms of an ending. If you wanted to spend the tails ending this way you should have used a different vehicle because the way you did this looks like you simply got tired of writing scrubbly feel words off and sent it.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Crap ending. Give up writing and concentrate on your day job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Haven't read part 2 yet, but I'm guessing Villa put a drug of some sort in his coffee.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

bank alarms are wired straight to Police Dept. and converted gas stations still need a fault. I know, details.

BabalooieBabalooieabout 2 years ago

Good part one. Part two is better.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 1 year ago

Well damn, WTF is going on??? Well written and moved along well was enjoying the story thinking it was going to be something light and cheery I suspect with that ending it's going to get less so interesting characters, thus far a bit shallow, but story is ongoing so looking forward to part 2...

DevonadrianDevonadrianover 1 year ago

Sort of lost me at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic story. I damned cried as his wife spoke to him the last. Heart wrenching and only great writing can convey that.

muddman74muddman74about 1 year ago

Great story until the end, where it turned to total shit. Turned a 5 star story into a 1 star. that's how I see it anyways.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Only a simp would marry a woman who went to bed with him on the first date! He then married her after only 6 months so he is a real simp!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Hang on father dead then meets girl but father don't like girl.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I do hope that the reason we were told about his first wife becomes relevant going forward rather than just being some backstory sobfest.

Don't understand about people complaining about people sleeping together on a first date. Don't know about you mate, but I'd rather not spend 3 months (or whatever) wining and dining a woman only to find out we're not sexually compatible. But I can see that your main interest is in having a faithful cocksleve, which is why ironically you have or will be cheated on.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous