A Husband's Mistake

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked at me really intently and then she burst into tears.

Without thinking, I walked over and wrapped my arms around her.

"Hey, Callie, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. That was stupid of me." She snuggled in close to me. I was conscious of my hands being on the bare small of her back. I could feel a slight bit of sweat from our workout. It felt so natural to have her in my arms.

"No, it's okay. That's what I needed to talk to you about. He's cheating on me." She was sobbing. Her hands were rubbing up and down my back as we hugged.

Despite what I already knew, I had to play the part. "Oh, honey... What happened?"

"He came home Thursday night and went straight to the shower. He left his phone on the bed side table. I was lying there in bed and I heard it buzz. I picked it up and it was a text message from a woman he works with."

She had lifted her face off my shoulder and I was looking at her as she continued the story.

"It just said, 'You were amazing tonight'"

"Callie, what did you do?"

"I didn't do anything."

"Nothing?" I couldn't believe it.

"No, nothing. I just didn't know what to do."

"Honey, I know an attorney you should talk to. She can give you advice and help you decide what would be the best course of action for you. You deserve better than that sweetie."

"I know I do. I thought we were going to spend our lives together."

I nodded.

"Thank you so much, you always listen to me."

"Hey, it's no big deal. You're a great girl Callie. I want to help you."

I was still holding her and she was looking up at me. I saw a strange look in her eyes. It made me feel really uncomfortable. She moved her lips to mine, but just before they met, I turned my head and she kissed my cheek. I turned back and could see the look of disappointment in her eyes. I let her go and stepped back from her.

"Callie, you should probably get going. You'll be late meeting your friends."

She stepped back closer to me. "No. Rob, I need to tell you..."

"Callie, we need to get going. I have some things I need to do." We looked at one another for a long time. I watched her lips trembling. She opened her mouth a few times, but no words came out. Finally, she turned and walked to get her stuff. I walked over and turned the stereo and lights off. By the time I returned, she was dressed and walking to the door. We met briefly outside. There were a few tears running down her cheeks. I felt terrible, but it wasn't right.

"Bye, Rob."

"Bye, Callie. Have a good weekend."

"Yeah, sure." She walked to her SUV. She started it up and drove off. I shook my head and left to drive home.

She texted me about 8 o'clock that night. I had just got off the phone with Brandi.

"Hey."

"Hey. How r u?"

"Ok. Tired, lonely."

"I'm sorry honey."

"Rob, I'm sorry about this morning."

"Don't be. I know it's a difficult time for you."

"It is..."

I texted her the phone number for the attorney.

"Thanks. I'll call her Monday."

"You're welcome."

"What r u doing right now?"

"Just reading. U?"

"Lying in bed."

"You should try to get some rest. You looked really tired this morning."

"I know. Rest isn't what I really need right now."

I stared at my phone, and I knew better than to reply. After about 5 minutes she did.

"Are u still there? I need someone here with me now."

Again I didn't reply.

A few minutes later my phone buzzed again. I picked it up. The preview pane showed a picture. I opened it and was confronted with a picture of Callie in front of her closet mirror wearing only black 4" heels. I felt my breath stop in my chest. I had seen her in very little that morning, but this was on a different level. I scrolled down to find the text, "I'm yours anytime you want. I need you..."

I stared at those words and the picture for a long time. Finally, I deleted the message. I poured myself a tall glass of single malt and walked out onto my patio to the cool night air. I knew I was going to have to talk to her. There was a small part of me that was enjoying this beautiful, young woman wanting me. However, I knew she was just going through a hard time and was probably looking for validation. I also knew that I was married to a wonderful woman.

She texted me one last time about an hour later.

"Mmm, that was nice. I think I can sleep now. Good night ;)."

-----

I met her in the café on Monday morning. Things were awkward. She just talked about shopping and something she had seen on TV. Finally, I reached across the table and put my hand on hers.

"Callie, please. We need to talk."

She looked at the table. Without raising her head, she said, "I'm sorry about Saturday... and Saturday night."

"Honey, look, I understand. It's okay."

"No, it's not. I shouldn't have done that. Then when you rejected me, it made it worse."

"Hey, I want you to understand, it's not you that I rejected. It's the whole situation."

"Do you not think I'm sexy?"

"Callie, of course you're sexy. Why would you ever doubt that?"

"Because my husband is cheating on me."

"Honey, that's because he's a goddamn fool. It's nothing to do with you."

"You really think so? I mean, you think I'm sexy?"

"Callie, yes I do. But I'm married Callie."

She looked back down at the table. "I know. I still need you to be there for me though."

"I will be."

She looked back up and smiled for the first time since she had sat down.

-----

The following Friday, I threw a party for my office to celebrate a huge contract we had been awarded. It was right after the office closed for the day, so I had invited Callie and a few other people from her company that I had become friendly with. My wife had a rare few days off when she wasn't on call at the hospital, so she had taken the opportunity to unwind with a little wine. Wine always relaxes Brandi and many times during the evening she came up and gave me a hug or a quick kiss. I noticed Callie watching us on a few of these occasions. As I mingled with my staff, I had noticed Callie and Brandi talking a few times as well.

Around 10, everyone was beginning to leave. I ran into Callie in the elevator landing while Brandi used the ladies room.

"Did you have a good time?"

She smiled at me, "Yeah, I did." She had obviously had too much to drink.

"Hey, can we give you a ride home?"

"No, I'm fine." She was teetering on her 4" heels.

"No, you're not. We'll give you a ride home." We were just a few steps from one another. She was looking at the floor but she started walking towards me.

"Rob, I...I'm sorry but I think I..." She started crying and then wrapped her arms around me. I did the same.

"Callie, honey, you can't do this to yourself."

"Rob, you're really good to me. I thought at first that I just enjoyed having you say nice things to me. It made me feel good about myself, but as we got to know one another I realized I have feelings for you that go beyond that."

"Honey, I'm your friend. Nothing else."

"No, don't say that."

"Honey, I'm sorry but that's the way things are."

"I wish it wasn't. I really enjoyed meeting Brandi. She's so goddamn lucky to have you."

"Callie, please. You've got to calm down honey."

"I don't think I can."

She was really sobbing. Naturally, that was the exact moment Brandi walked out of the ladie's room. The look on her face was not pleasant. I patted Callie on the back.

"Come on. We'll give you a ride home." She looked at me and tried to smile. She did the same to Brandi. The three of us got in the elevator and rode to the first floor. It was quiet other than a few sobs that Callie had made. We made our way to the car.

It was a long, quiet drive punctuated by many icy stares from my wife of 25 years. We dropped Callie off and watched her walk in the house. Naturally, her husband's car was gone.

Callie lived quite a ways from the office so I knew I had a long drive to try to explain everything.

"Okay, big boy. You want to explain all of this to me?" I looked over at Brandi. She was staring at me. I felt like she was piercing holes through me.

I quickly summarized my relationship with Callie from beginning to that moment.

"What did I walk into tonight in the lobby?"

"Brandi, I don't know. She's just a wreck right now."

"Rob, I'm not an idiot."

"Baby, I never said you were."

"You don't think I can see it?"

"See what?"

"See that she was crying tonight because you're going home with me, not her."

"How do you know that?"

"Rob, I saw the way she looked at you all night long. I'm not fucking blind." Brandi never used that word unless we were in bed. I knew I was in deep shit. "I saw the look on her face when I kissed you those times. She made it a point to talk to me tonight. It was like she was sizing me up."

"Brandi, I'm sorry."

"What the hell has happened between you two?"

"Nothing." I thought back to the previous weekend and realized I was lying. I decided to tell her about it.

"Rob, I'm glad you told me the truth, but you need to stay away from her."

"I know."

"Baby, you always try to help people. That's a good thing, but she doesn't see you just as a helping friend. She's been rejected by her husband and then you come along and make her feel better about herself."

I nodded as I continued to drive.

"Honey, I'm a surgeon not a psychiatrist, but the stuff with her dad makes me think she has issues that go beyond her marriage. She's got some things she needs to work out, but you're not going to be able to help her with them. You may be even making them worse."

"I know. I've been thinking about that tonight."

"It's a real shame because she is a beautiful girl, but she'll have to sort them out on her own. You need to remember, you are MY husband."

"Yeah, I remember." I turned and smiled at her. She was mad but not that mad. She took my right hand in hers. "I love you, Brandi."

"I know you do." We drove on in silence for a while.

"Baby, you know what wine always does to me, don't you?" I looked back over to see she had unbuttoned her blouse. She was pulling my hand towards her chest.

"Yes, I do."

"Get us home, I need to remind you of what you already have."

"I know what I have." My hand had begun to slowly caress her soft breasts.

"You better not forget it."

A little while later, I had Brandi on her back on the big leather sofa in the entry way of our home. That was as far as we had gotten. Her silk blouse still hung over her shoulders but it was completely unbuttoned. Her large, soft breasts were pulled out of her white lace bra. They bounced vigorously with her movement. Her skirt was bunched up around her waist. I had ripped her pantyhose open to get at her. I was between her thighs ramming my hard cock into her with a barely restrained fury. She had her arms wrapped around my neck clinging to me as we fucked. I had already licked her to two intense orgasms.

"Oh, goddamn, Rob. This is so good."

"Yeah, baby. It is."

The sofa creaked as we fucked. The sounds of her passionate moans echoed through the tiled entryway. I had my fingers entangled in her long blonde hair.

"Baby, please tell me you love me."

"I do Brandi. I love you more than anything."

"Mmmm. That's what I need to hear..."

"I should tell you that more." She purred and ran her fingers through my hair. We continued our passionate fucking for a long while just looking into each other's eyes. I could see a change in Brandi's expression.

"What is it?"

"Rob, have you ever thought about making love to her?"

"Baby, please let's not talk about that," I gasped.

"Have you?"

"Brandi..."

"Rob, you're a man. I know you have. She's beautiful."

"So are you, Brandi."

"Are you trying to reassure me now, too?" She began to smile.

"No, just telling you the obvious." The smile on her face got very devious. I looked at her in wonder.

"She's young and sexy, but I bet she doesn't know how to do this." Her vaginal muscles suddenly constricted around me. I felt like I was in a vice.

"Oh god, baby..."

She began to laugh and continued. "You don't need a young girl like her baby..."

"Brandi, fuck..." I felt my own orgasm nearing. "Oh, damn. I'm cumming."

I was supporting myself on my hands as I unloaded in her.

"Mmmm, baby. Fill me up. After all of these years, I still love that."

"Oh god, Brandi..."

She pulled my lips to hers and we kissed. We stayed like that for a long time. Finally, I went limp and my cock flopped out of her.

"We better get up before we get your cum all over the couch. I can feel it beginning to run out. Let's take a shower." I stood up and pulled her to her feet. She even still had her sexy red heels on. We stood for a minute looking at one another. We both started laughing.

"I guess we'll have to take your shirt to the tailor. I'm afraid you lost a few buttons." She was running her fingers through the hair on my chest. "I was in a hurry."

I smiled, "You'll need some new nylons too."

"Yes, I will. Tonight reminded me of the first night we made love. You just ripped them open that night too."

I took her hand and led her to our bedroom.

"That was quite a night. You were really wild."

"You're one to talk! God, the things you did to me that night. Most of them I had never even imagined."

"I knew I had to convince you I was the right guy before you married Keith."

"You convinced me all right. I couldn't believe how you just dragged me off into that bedroom at that party and ravaged me. I kept thinking people would hear, especially Keith."

"I didn't care, I wanted you. I still do after all these years." I started the shower. I turned back and began to slowly undress her. I started kissing her neck as I pulled her blouse off her shoulders.

"Mmmm, that's what I like to hear." She cooed as she leaned her head back.

We finished undressing and stepped into the shower. When we had our house built, it had included everything we had always wanted. The centerpiece was our shower. It had multiple shower heads, spray jets, a steam generator and a large bench along one side. We had spent many hours in there together relaxing.

We began washing each other and continued our kissing. She looked up at me.

"Baby, I'm really worried."

"About Callie?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Honey, because she's young and beautiful and she wants you really bad. A girl like her is used to having what she wants. I remember when I was younger, guys did what I wanted. You've denied her. She's gonna try to get in you in a situation that you won't be able to handle."

"Babe, I'm not a little lost gazelle trying to avoid the lioness."

"Honey, I'm not saying you are. I'm just saying you care about her and want to help her. She's in a bad spot and sees that as something more than it is. It's only natural, but you're mine. I found you first." She smiled. It helped relieve a little of the tension I felt.

"Brandi, I could have last week. There's no doubt in my mind. I didn't though."

"I know you didn't, but you've got to promise me you're going to stay away from her."

"I will honey."

"Baby, we've been together through a lot of tough times."

"I know we have."

"I don't want her to come between us."

I nodded my agreement.

"I think you're clean now, how tired are you?" She had a smirk on her face.

"A little, why?"

"Why don't you sit on the bench, big boy."

"Ok..."

I did as I was told. She walked over and kissed me before she slowly knelt down...

-----

The next week I changed my habits around. I didn't go for coffee at my usual times. A few times I ran into Callie in the hall. I always feigned being in a hurry. I could see a look of disappointment on her face.

On Friday morning, she texted me.

"Hey. R U avoiding me?"

I thought for a few minutes before I responded. "No, just busy."

"We haven't talked all week. Is something wrong?"

"No."

"Can we have coffee?"

I needed to tell her the truth, but I knew it needed to be face to face.

"Yes. 15 minutes ok?"

"Ok!"

I finished up a few things and walked down to the café. She was already waiting for me with two coffees.

She was wearing a silky purple dress, with a nice black jacket. Her lovely legs were encased in shiny black opaque tights and 4" heeled boots. I had never seen her in this before.

I sat down across from her.

"Hi." She smiled and slid a cup of coffee over to me.

"Hi, Callie."

"Rob, what have you been so busy with this week?"

"Just work."

"You always tell me what you're working on." She was still smiling but looking at me very intently. I knew I needed to get it over with.

"Callie, I'm sorry, but I have been avoiding you."

"Why?" The smile quickly left her face.

"Because Brandi asked me too."

"She did?"

"Yes, she did. She's not comfortable with me being around you."

"I'm sorry." She was looking down at the table.

"Callie, she's right honey. I shouldn't be."

"Was this because of the other night?"

"Yes, but there were other things."

"Like what?"

"She saw the look on your face when she kissed me that night. I saw it too." She slowly nodded.

"What did she ask you?"

"Callie, we shouldn't talk about that."

"Did she ask you if you were sleeping with me?"

"Callie..."

"Did she?"

"No, not in so many words. I told her I wasn't."

"Did she believe you?"

"Yes."

"Rob, have you ever thought about it?"

"Callie. It doesn't matter if I have or not. We can't. I'm not going to spend time with you anymore. My wife has asked me not to."

"I understand that, but you're really the only one I can talk to. Even my friends don't know everything that's going on."

"Why not?"

"Because, they think my life is perfect. I have a successful husband, a nice house, the usual stuff. They wouldn't understand."

"Callie, they would understand. Probably better than I do."

"I don't think so. You always listen to me and try to help me."

"I know I do, but I can't anymore."

"Rob, you make me feel good about myself again."

"Callie, I know, I'm sorry, but I'm old enough to be your dad."

"That doesn't matter to me. You're a wonderful man, I don't care about your age. You're everything Mike isn't."

"Callie, please..."

She lowered her voice to a sultry whisper. "Rob, I'm sorry. But I want you. I want you to make love to me. I want you to fuck me like I've never felt before. I know you'll be amazing."

"No, honey..."

"You know how I feel, tell me what you think."

"Callie I'm married. You are too."

"I'm not going to be for much longer."

"I know, but I'm still going to be."

"I think about you at night when I'm alone. I touch myself."

"Callie, please stop this."

"I don't think I can. I've seen the way you look at me. You think about me too."

"I do, but I shouldn't."

"Nobody has to know."

"I'd know Callie. I'd know for the rest of my life." I slid my chair back and stood up. "Callie, I'm sorry, but we're done."

"No, don't say that."

"I have to."

I grabbed my empty cup and walked to the trash can. I heard her chair slide and I could hear the click of her boots as she followed me. I walked towards the elevator. She walked up next to me.

"Rob, I'm sorry. I just feel things for you that I've never felt."

"I'm sorry you do, but we can't let this go any further." The elevator arrived. I let her go in first. She hit the button for the 10th floor. The door closed and we began to move. I looked over to Callie and I saw her moving towards me. Her long fingers reached for the stop button for the elevator. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled my lips to hers. My mouth opened to protest. She used the opening to kiss me. I pulled back from her.

"Callie, I'm serious, I can't do this. We're both married."