All Comments on 'A Life Not My Own Ch. 04'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Same old S...

Like always great writing style, flow and action .

Sympathetic and likable characters.Hot ,enjoyable sex.

Then a interesting plot , that heads to the Twilight Zone. Pass outrageous . It ends

up without an end and FinalStand goes on to the next story. His next therapy.

The reader's loss. Look at the Mrs.Hardison story.

Anyway it doesn't cost us money. We are grateful for that favor.

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great story, but ...

It still needs some editing. The writing is above average, but that's not a high bar. The plot, although a bit fantastic, was quite enjoyable. In the last chapter I found myself wondering if the feet's souls went to heaven, I hope there is another chapter as this tale doesn't seem quite done.

DesireeFoxDesireeFoxover 10 years ago
Great work,

very compelling. Thanks for more DASMEL approved excitment

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Dude is seducing all comers

Better than most crime/action erotica, I've read at any rate. Hope for more to follow, he better be getting 4 women pregnant by the end of this, it would be criminal for them superior genes to be lost to the gene pool

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
MORE PLEASE:

More sex&actions please: Please write more chapters: ALSO PLEASE CONTIUE STORIES YOU HAVE WRITTEN IN THE PAST BUT HAVE NOT FINISH OR ABANDON: like CHRISTIAN COLLEGE SEX COMEDY,FIGHTING FOR BROKEN TRUST, WHAT MY BROTHER LEFT ME????? Please make comment on STORY YOU HAVE ENDED OR WILL NOT CONTINUE??? THANKS YOU FinalStand....

gemman1gemman1over 10 years ago
Good job as normal

Keep up the goof work. I will look forward to your next installment. I do read the comments on you Bio page so I do understand the lapses in the story. Keep up the good work, you are a great storyteller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Incredibly frustrating

Your style of writing is different, the subject matter is more unique than most writers on this site use and your plot lines have something going for them. But it's incredibly frustrating when you don't finish a story this is the second one of yours I've read and the second one not finished. If you've lost sight of what you're writing about then you're aren't coming up with a cohesive story line and plot before you start writing and you'll continue to either not care about finishing your work or not know how to finish it. It's frustrating to start a story and have it not finished. Either write properly or don't write at all. It's just an annoying piss off to have a story unfinished.

If you want people to read your work and follow through with it and be pulled in to reading your other stories then you need to make sure you finish them otherwise you'll be relegated to being a bottom tier useless writer that no one reads or wants to read and this site already has plenty of those!

FinalStandFinalStandover 10 years agoAuthor
I understand the feeling

What happens to far to many of my stories is my depression and right now I'm in a pretty deep one. It means I go from writing 8,000 words a day to under a thousand. I go from a chapter ever other day in as much as seven stories to only one chapter every two weeks. If readers send feedback I often give them the amount of work I've already done for further feedback and hopefully inspiration.

Something I love about my mind is that I can write seven stories at once. What I hate about it is that I when is shuts down, I have seven pages staring at me and nothing sparking my urge to write. Seven times a failure.

I'm working my hardest to find a way out of this. I understand if any desire to read my work fades. It is more than understandable.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago
cunning linguistics

"....and missive was the misspelling of missile;......"

Man, I love alliterations almost as much as malapropisms.

And FS, you have my sympathies as I share your punctuated working style.

Okay readers, I agree with you that it is disappointing when there are chronic delays in getting stories posted. But there are a whole lot of potholes in life to interrupt the best intentions of the authors. Especially since the work, yes WORK! posted to this site is voluntary and unpaid.

Unless you have experienced the effort it takes to produce our imagineerings, you really have little cause to complain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Thank you!!

I will wait until you can finish.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
A wonderfully interesting story but I should have checked to see if it was complete.

It is so frustrating to read four good chapters and then find out that the story is not finished. Oh, well, maybe I will stumble across this story down the line.

The_IrishThe_Irishalmost 10 years ago
Any Hope Of More?

Is there any progress or hope for more of this tale, I love how sarcastic and biting the main characters personally is as well as that begrudging heart of gold as well lol, was sad to see this one not be updated and really miss reading it. Like most of your stories, I have read this one and all of its chapters at least three times through again because I enjoy the characters and miss seeing the new changes and development :)

Flymaster60Flymaster60almost 10 years ago
I dont think so

That I know of FS has 3 or 4 stories he is working on...also very good... this make 5 stories he has written that I have really gotten to love

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 10 years ago
Wonderful writing but not a great Writer

I love the story. Not sure if I love it despite or because of the absurdity but love it I do. I had finally warmed up to Dom as a character. The ''new" girls were becoming interesting. The plot was taking an fascinating direction. That is why I hate this story.

My problem with it is the same I have with most of Mr. Stand's stories: they remain unfinished. Just as we have become involved and interested in the characters, the author seems to become bored and disinterested and abandons it. I cannot imagine that this is a satisfying resolution for either of us. Hence my title. The writing is good but a Writer needs to do more. I Writer need to more the story to a planned conclusion. FS lacks that skill.

I think I need to accept this and stop hoping for more. I will wait for a story description that mentions it being the conclusion of the series before starting it. I apologize if this limits the opportunities for feedback but I find it too frustrating being left hanging over and over again.

I do hope FS does manage to develop the ability to reach the end. These would be awesome stories if they ever were finished. 'You Can't Stop Me' was a wonderful story. I think most of these would be even better if completed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good stuff!

This is just as good (or better) as Clancey or Grisham... a bit more sex perhaps, but the quick reasoning and understanding of the complexities and intrigue by Dom is top-drawer stuff. The girls are fascinatingly and strongly painted as great counterpoints! There has GOT to be more to this, I'm feeling a little hung-out-to-dry! When does the bad guy Harrow get his due? I want to read Chapters 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10! Come on, get that keyboard smokin'!

GandolfTheWiseGandolfTheWiseover 9 years ago
Another good story left dangling??

Another good setup and story beginning ... and then we're left dangling. You've put a lot of work into this one, so I hope you'll finish this part of the adventure. And then you can start the next adventure with most of the same players.

Don't abandon a good story that's incomplete and begging for more adventures from the characters you've developed. You've started Harry Potter, but you only went through part of the first semester - you have a lot left to do!

GandolfTheWise

bearsladybearsladyover 9 years ago

Enjoyed the hell out of this story until I realized that it had been a yr and wasn't going to be finished. Now I hesitate to start any of the others, in case I get left hanging again. Which is a bad thing as I like this authors humor and story-telling. :-(

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago
The Joys of an Unfinished Work

Once more greedy insensitive readers gather to whine about an unfinished work.

Think of the poor author! They've lost their inspiration or worse; the vagaries of life have taken away their opportunity to slave away at providing us free entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Literary version of "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"

One of the few chapter stories I've read that I'm THANKFUL the author didn't finish. And as far as "GrantGoes" mindless drivel about free entertainment - - Any hack can post a half finished work. More authors should simply hold all the chapters and then post a COMPLETE product. Maybe then they would be more than just a HACK and be an actual PUBLISHED AUTHOR!!

ralxanralxanabout 9 years ago
Not finished

At least now I know were "Life as a New Hire" comes from. ;-)

I hope when it is finished that you come back to this one because it has a lot of potential.

Thank you for your writing time FinalStand

AurimazAurimazalmost 9 years ago
***

Finish at least ONE of your stories, please. Your writings are good, but the lack of endings really sucks. It's a good thing I checked this one before I start reading first chapter...

JagindallasJagindallasover 8 years ago
The most common of failings

FinalStand suffers from the most common of failings differentiating a true writer from a dreamer. A dreamer conceives of interesting ideas and themes, can grow intriguing characters, and can launch an absorbing story into existence...........but cannot finish. Because they are not a writer. They are a dreamer who views this not as a craft to be studied, improved, nurtured and refined. The impact of the creation is irrelevant - all that concerns the dreamer is validation of the dream. A dreamer "follows where his characters take him" and "allows a story to organically grow on its own." Down that path lies the inevitability of failed endeavor. Characters do not dictate stories, authors do. A story does not organically grow, it is aimed at the conclusion the WRITER has envisioned - its path open to variations, for sure, not originally predicted as a the characters develope into three dimensional creations - but is never allowed to grow unbridled in the orgasmic over endulgence of "creation." For that is the sin. A writer is not unleashing or revealing some natural phenomena that has lain dormant waiting for some tortured soul to pull back its curtain. We dreamers do this every night, and awake unfulfilled and uncaring that our mental meanderings evaporate in the morning sun with world no less for their disappearance. A WRITER creates from the nothing, and leaves behind an expression of their view of existence. A permanence meant to impact understanding, meant to alter perception in the way only completed creations can.

I love FinalStand's imagination. A salute his ability to generate interesting characters and situations. But I lament his inability to transform from dreamer to writer, and have resigned myself to the reality that it may never happen.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
Finish the damn story!!!!

Finish the damn story!!!! I don't know if the author reads the comments on his older stories, but if he does he seriously needs to take the comments to heart and finish this story. So what if it's not War and Peace, it's still a damn fine action adventure story, with just the right amount of romance and sex to keep even literotica readers happy.

Personally there is nothing I hate more than an unfinished story when it is one that has caught my interest and has me impatiently waiting for more to read. I can see that the author is still writing so there really is no excuse for not writing more of the story and pleasing those who have invested their time to read his work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
end of story

The "unfinished story police"are coming for you

magnum59magnum59about 8 years ago
Uncompleted Story

I like the story telling and the story line, but as an uncompleted story it leaves you hanging and thus sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Settle down

Final Stand has been open and honest with the readers about his issues with depression and the readers should understand how that makes it difficult to keep advancing down a storyline. That being said final stand is an amazing writer, and still an active one so KEEP YOUR BLOODY SHIRTS ON and let the man write. He knows the story isn't completed and will either finish it in his own good time or not. I think we should leave that to him not a bunch of raving fans.

Thank you final stand for your works and efforts in the past and in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I agree it should be finished, but Jagindallas, get a grip...

Organic development, blah blah blah. Never in my life have I read a larger waste of words. You're mad, you liked it and it's not finished. There. An economy of words is the best bet for effective comments AND writing. The author CLEARLY demonstrates creativity AND a skill for writing in DOZENS of other stories. You're long winded diatribe is irrational and lacks any basis. I'm pissed too, why bother publishing this thing if you're going to abandon it like a broken down car rotting in the front yard. But, it's free reading, deal with it. Geez. Jahoo

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
great story

I have read this story several times hoping for an ending whether it gets one or not it's a good job from a great author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great!

But were's the rest of it

hellinahelmethellinahelmetabout 7 years ago
Good Story

Please DO finish this story Bro...It´s going well so far, but a long time away from adding to it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Sadly typical

This is another example of why an idea is not a story. A story has a beginning, a middle and an end. This has a decent (if muddled) beginning and very good start at a middle. Then nothing. Either there never was an ending or the author became distracted and wandered away. Those are not the behaviors of a good author. 2 stars.

FinalStandFinalStandalmost 7 years agoAuthor
Anonymous ...

... bizarrely, I reopened this story four days ago and began re-working story ideas. My mental health has improved as of late so I am holding out some hope. I would still wish you would judge each chapter on its merits though.

Oh well,

Jame aka FinalStand

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Jame

I too will state I like the story and Really Hope you can finish it.

5 Stars for what there is of it.

Ramjet57

MDG1969MDG1969over 6 years ago
I like the build up so far! :)

FinalStand, I'm glad to read this story has made it back to the forefront of your ever imaginative mind. I do look forward to reading more about this adventure.

Sir, I'm not a writer, editor or English major and my grammar sucks. That being said, I want to apologize for not being able give better feedback to you and only say thank you for allowing us to freely enjoy the fruits of your imagination.

To those negative anon commenters I say it's easy to comment behind the anonymity and very disrespectful. However, most authors do like both negative and positive feedback. I'm sure they would prefer it to be constructive and insightful feedback as you are able.

MDG

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome.

Please God tell me you plan to do more with this.i freaking love the main character.reminds me of the kildar from John ringo's Saladin of shadows series.only he's not navy seal he's just some guy with a shitload of brains and the balls to use them to get what he wants.love it.

DraconisaluDraconisaluover 6 years ago
Hope There Is More To Come

As with many of your stories I've found this to be a fascinating read. I enjoyed the flow and pace of it. i think anyone accustomed to your stories by now should know that the sex in the stories tend to be background noise to the overall plot which i find refreshing b/c I enjoy the smart repartee that comes from Dominic and can't wait to see what happens next. This is one of many of your stories I hope to see you continue when the time is right such as with "Life as a New Hire", "One in Ten", "The Mother I Never Knew", "The Other Child", "What My Brother Left Me",. Thank You again for the many great stories.

dem_gnomesdem_gnomesover 6 years ago
More chapters! Moar chapters! MOAR!

+1 on wanting this story to go on. It's a great start, now it just needs a great middle and a great ending!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Fingers crossed

That FS manages to post more of this story, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the ride so far

I have no expectations either way - if we see more, great, if not, thank you FS for what you’ve posted so far

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
good

good story so far can't wait to see it continued!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Back to form

Good plot ideas ... refreshed my interest in this tale ...but where is the sequel?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Folks, this was written by Raymond Reddington.

Blathers on and on, with no end in sight. Elizabeth, just end it and not gracefully !!

FinalStandFinalStandabout 5 years agoAuthor
Raymond Reddington?

I had to look up who that was because I've never been a fan of the Blacklist. I gather from the rest of the commentary you don't like my story. I apologize for that. It is my intent to entertain. Anyway, have a nice life.

Take care,

James aka FinalStand

phrerephrereabout 5 years ago
soooo good!!!

I read all four chapters today, this is so good. Dom is such an interesting character and I love the unique relationship he has with each member of the team. I hope you’re health has improved and thank you so much for sharing your work with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Ummmmm, was that the end?

‘Would really like to see this story continued........

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Continuity

I think something happened to the author. The last note in their bio was medical stuff happening.

Throwaway131447Throwaway131447over 3 years ago

Another great portion of a story. Yet it seems to me that none of your stories are ever finished. At least none of those I've read so far. Such a shame. Nevertheless I thoroughly enjoyed this appetizer so thank you for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Health permitting

Please continue this story line. Have read with great pleasure almost everything

you have posted on this site with great enjoyment. Best wishes and thank you.

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 3 years ago

That was FANTASTIC! I just found out about you through a friend and loved this first series. Wonderful work. 5 Stars.

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 3 years ago

Hope Springs Eternal, Final Stand Fans!

Never give up hope! It’s been over four years since we had an update to ‘Life as a New Hire’ yet WE FINALLY GOT A NEW CHAPTER!!! It takes the story to the start of the Great Hunt. Reading the rest of James’ writings in the meantime. I really like Dom and hope to see his story continue.

johntc24johntc24over 3 years ago
Enjoying this series

It's been a while, would love to read your conclusion. Thanks

xhristianjxhristianjover 2 years ago

It's amazing to see how a real author is able to entice you into a story so quickly the plotlines are tight and concise. The dialogue is engaging and highly entertaining but the character development is his real strength. For me, character development is the key in any story and this author simply shines in their ability to weave personality, idiosyncrasies, and nuance into every character he creates.

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

If life as a new hire was his best this is definitely up there for the worst story thus far?! Just all a bit aimless for me and the haphazard nature of his jumping into organised Crime just to silly to really care?

MurseDMurseDover 1 year ago

Love the series, hope you can find time to get back to it.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Needs an ending.

Dont_miss_meDont_miss_me12 months ago

Another dead story…

MwestohioMwestohioabout 2 months ago

Unfortunate this was left hanging

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories