All Comments on 'A Little Bit of Death'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 412 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
sad to see

Lana go but nice that he and Nadine found each other

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
nice....

that's what 'loving wives' ought to be about....

nwhalernwhalerover 12 years ago
Should have edited and posted under non-erotic

A bit too long and vanilla.

RHinSCRHinSCover 12 years ago
Well Told

Damn cancer. Damn four wheelers. It sounds like you know. Thats why I head for the hills when I ride. I would much rather go to a wedding than to hear V-Twins revving at a grave site. :) This is one that I will revisit from time to time. I wish you sunshine and dry roads. Thank you.

zed0zed0over 12 years ago
Ho Hum - Somewhat Saccharine and Loooong!

A nice pleasant story with some real tear jerking tragedy, and pretty good sex. Should have posted it in Romance.

FYI: Premarital sex is a proven anti-carcinogen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Felt the memmories

Lost my own wife to cancer. Hate that disease with more than a little passion. Don't get me started on the damn doctors who are so arrogant and then try to play "we're only human card." They don't listen when they could help, then its too late and someone else says "it's in God's hands." As for where this should story should go, both of these women were truly a loving wife, and this category is exactly where this story belongs. As for the length, each story gets told in its own time. Thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Know the pain...

We where lucky, my wife's breast cancer was encapsulated so she only lost part of her breast 35 years ago. My current cancer I am told is very slow growing, much was removed two years ago and am having ongoing treatment for what could not be removed. Hope to get back on my 750cc Yahama Virgo next year before my 71 birthday. Live for the day, it may be your last, tell all your friends you love them, keep smiling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
RandomHardon

ever get his creampie?

bruce22bruce22over 12 years ago
Well done

The death scene really hit me hard. It felt very real. There are so many unfortunate surprises hidden within beautiful lives. The thing is to remain focused. I really felt that his father was right about just about everything...

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 12 years ago
A real departure from the usual "loving wives" story....

This story is a beautifully told story of the difficulty in letting go of ones soul mate and moving on to the next stage of life. Death of ones mate leaves the other so devastated that any thoughts of ever finding someelse unthinkable. Both of these wives were truly "loving." Thanks.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 12 years ago
A Long Ride err Read but Steady Cruising ,Thanks to Author's Skill

Hey ! Where are all the self absorbed cheating white bitches at ? I read for nine full pages & found NOTHING but a story of mature love & family uniting & helping each other through tangible , real life issues.

I want MY MONEY back I paid for this story . It's for grown ups . That damm Slirpuff sure got nerve trying to put the love in Loving Wives! Somebody stop this dude . WAAH, WAAH ! Why is my finger clicking five stars ?

That Slirpuff , dude done hijacked my index finger . Damm ! Ain't this ( not ) about a bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thank slirpuff

Most people wish to meet one love, he had two

m62cygm62cygover 12 years ago
Great Story

One of your best, though I think it should be in the Romance section. So well written and heart breaking at times but with a lovely happy ending.

You sure know how to write. Keep up the good work and try a few more romances , Please

Mousse9Mousse9over 12 years ago

Heh, an actual non-sarcastic Loving Wives story. Could easily have been under Romance. It was a nice read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Thank you for a wonderful story that is fit to be called a loving wives story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Did you like that GW66?

hehe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
excellant

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

had me laughing at us guys and crying like a girl GREAT story!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great

Like a good book. I could not stop reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
are you shiting me

We removed about thirty percent of her right lung but we believe we got it all. how do you do that ? it is not like your liver . I mean shit

NeuroBillNeuroBillover 12 years ago
another 5+ but...

OK, comments are for commending and suggesting. Such a sweet story. I don't think it really belongs in Loving Wives but that is your choice. Now the suggestion: Your writing skills are excellent, characterization, storytelling, events, even grammar. No problems there. To make a story even better, you might consider occasionally changing from a linear presentation to one that is more involved. Linear, for those that do not know, means A happened, then B, then C, etc. What if D following C were interspersed with remembrances of the events of B, or A. That pattern would make the presentation a bit more of a mystery and add drama until you wrap it up at the end. After reading your stories for the last half of the year, I am convinced you could do a bang-up job of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I will write more later!!!

I have been HERE!!! I know the Pain and the LOVE...

She is my soul mate forever

I see her in my head ... I feel her in my heart... I know she is within my body ... I will love her for ever and ever and ever

It has been near 10 years ago I would have taken her place if GOD would have let me

sxkttn1985sxkttn1985over 12 years ago

Thank you for a great story

teh568teh568over 12 years ago
Nothing Else Needs To Be Said

This was a great story and even a bit of a tearjerker. It is a good thing to see a 'loving wives' story that does not revolve around cheating.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 12 years ago
great story

definately more in the Romance category than LW but it s a close call.

Given that the daughter only had 1 living parent Not sure about the guy getting into risky venture of Motorcyles. Seems very selfish thing to do

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A Novella

Renquist is a bad influence on you! I rather the shorter stories than stuff this long, but it was well written.

Rob ConnerRob Connerover 12 years ago
Good Tale!

Very Enjoyable. Proof that life goes on. In the same boat, but my wife died suddenly at 45. Good job sir!

Rob Conners

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Tears

...and more tears.

Thanks for a good story.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
EVERY BODY DIES A LITTLE

when a tragedy strikes. This story, which started out like it was being scripted turned into a hell of a novel,.. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thanks for your fine effort

5 Stars.

Loving Wives is the strangest category for an erotica site. There is a real following here, and attracts serious attempts at writing... moreso than just erotica.

Of all the categories on Lit, it also engenders the greatest responses from the public and has a leal following. It is a real enigma.

So thanks, Slirpuff, for submitting it in this category, or I might have missed your fine story altogether.

And people, don't forget, it's a STORY. If a medical condition is slightly different than it may be in real life, who cares? In the case of this story, it helps to paint an overall picture. If it affected the outcome, ok there might be errors, but you can't research everything ad-nauseum when writing, surely?

Thanks again.

Dan

cueball961cueball961over 12 years ago
Awesome!

A very touching and moving story that was extremely well written. The rawness of the emotional content was in keeping with the subject matter. The reader was drawn into the pain of the husband and daughter, and was rooting for the husband to be able to pick up and move on. When he found a new love, the reader is confronted by an entirely new set of emotions and just as real.

I usually give the best of the stories I read four stars. I am very stingy with that five star rating, reserving it only for the stories that really reach me in a deep place. This one got the full five, and it didn't take me long to make the decision either!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A First Class Effort

I thoroughly enjoyed that!Thanks.

SlirpuffSlirpuffover 12 years agoAuthor
Feelings

If I can get you emotionally connected to one of my stories, I've done what I set out to do. To draw you into a bit of my life.

SKHPSKHPover 12 years ago
Nice story with a lot of emotions

It was well-written, but not well-located in LW. Thus, it did not meet my own expectations when I read a LW-story. It should have been in "Romance" or "Non-erotic". So: only 4 * from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Well Done

I had work to do this morning, but just had to finish this. I don't care what category it was in. It was great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
LOVE this story

Yep, Slirpuff, sir, thank you! ♥♥♥♥♥

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 12 years ago
OUTSTANDING

Agree with a prior comment. This should have been in Romance but so what? This WAS a loving wives story as well. You managed to make this old man choke up. Loved the emotions you managed to invoke. Well done.

jasonnhjasonnhover 12 years ago
Terrific

This was a great story. Yup, it departed from the antagonistic LW stories and that may make it too tame for some but it is well written, the characters are interesting, and the plot has enough twists, turns, and emotion to keep you focused. Really good work.

One nit to pick, it's not "mute" issue, it's "moot" issue. This mistake and "shuttering" instead of "shuddering" in orgasm pop up too often.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
worth the wait

8FC9I have enjoyed reading your stories over the last couple of years and look forward to each new posting but this is the one I have been waiting for. It combines characterisation,emotion and a touch of humour with a credible storyline.I hope this achieves classic status.

StangStar06StangStar06over 12 years ago
Every time!

Every time I read one of your stories, I feel good after it. You have a way of writing that just re-affirms the positive and really makes me believe that good things are possible even after a tragedy. Great job as usual. SS06

bigguy323bigguy323over 12 years ago
Excellent story!! Since it was a Romance X 2, it would have scored better in Romance.

I don't care even a little bit as I loved the story. Thanks for the ride.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Best

Really. It is one of the best stories you've written and I enjoyed every word of it.

justplainjoejustplainjoeover 12 years ago
What a standard for other authors to work towards!!

Absolutely great! So much refreshing from the other trash posted in LW's. Had me choked up at times. Slirpuff..thank you.

racoon1174racoon1174over 12 years ago
Destined for greatness!

This story is a great example of one that people will read and re-read and continue to be touched every time. Excellent work thank you for sharing it with us!

LoneStarRiderLoneStarRiderover 12 years ago
Outstanding!

Stellar! Uncommonly delightful. Excellent work!

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 12 years ago
Better and better

You just get better with each story you write. What more can I say?

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartover 12 years ago
Top Job

It was nice to open a story and not find cheating whores, complete cunts, and wishy washy cuckholds. I'd give my right nut to be as lucky in love as Steve was. Great story 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Lost my wife a few years ago......lost it for a bit reading

this. Great story......thanks

Al

BighoneybadgerBighoneybadgerover 12 years ago
Great story!

Great story, well written and believable characters. I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for the effort!

ParPlus10ParPlus10over 12 years ago
Without a doubt...

the best, most complete story you have written. It had everything but someone to hate; not a bad thing at all. A real nice change.

The story was written well enough to draw out emotion from all but the biggest of jerks.

Nice move putting this into the Loving Wives category.

People who would probably never be caught in the Romance section just read a great romantic story.

Thanks for the great read!

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 12 years ago
Five Stars

Interesting and well written story. Well done!

greowulfgreowulfover 12 years ago
kept waiting for the other shoe to drop

I tend to prefer more conflict, but at least it gave me something well-written to read after breazing through HDK this morning. Probably wrong category, but I enjoyed it. Thanks, Slirpuff

katranmankatranmanover 12 years ago
Excellent!

Extremely well written and highly emotional in content. Nothing wrong with it being in the Loving Wives category. Absolutely first rate, thanks so much for your efforts. 5 stars!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I can step into his story and be there

my wife and i had two small children one barely one year old when she found out she had stage IV breast cancer. She was even looking for me a new wife. We beat that with surgery three chemos and radiation. After a year of cancer free it came back in her bones spread thru her body stage IV again. We are still fighting the cancer 7 years later chemo after chemo lead first with radiation. She is a fighter and we continue to fight because we both have this cancer and we both fight it for our two children. And we both realize she may die from this but we dont yeild to it. And no I dont have a love outside, my soulmate is my wife.

northlandernorthlanderover 12 years ago
Great story

Thanks for a great story, not a thing wrong with being in Loving Wives, he is lucky to get two in a lifetime. A pleasure to read

oldwayneoldwayneover 12 years ago
Slirpuff, I just have to say that this was one of the nicest stories...

I have ever read. Thank you so much for a "real" loving wife story. It was definitely a Five Star story!

curioussscuriousssover 12 years ago
Slirpuff...

...this is a touching, beautiful story, where the love and respect shone through without the need for a caveat.

It was very emotional - all of it appropriate.

Thank you for a very satisfying and fulfilling read.

It quite made my day and reminded me what talent you have.

N

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 12 years ago
Very sweet and sad, but also happy

A real roller coaster ride comes to my mind, and that was the feeling I had while reading this very good well written and edited story.

The story had the feel of as if it were a true story, and I enjoyed reading it very much.

Thanks for the very good story.

YamiBoyYamiBoyover 12 years ago
^__^

Great story indeed. It was a fantastic read, thanks a lot. _^_^

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Where is the sixth star! Great Story.

FD45FD45over 12 years ago
It is a very nice story

The only question I have is why is it in LW? It belongs in Romance. This isn't a slur, but an observation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great job

nice story slirpuff *****

likeboblikebobover 12 years ago
what happened to ....

What happened to the Slirpuff that first started posting?

brujaybrujayover 12 years ago
Well done

Could be Romance, but works in L/W.

Very nice read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Very, very nice.

Thanks for sharing your gift. This is a very enjoyable read.

DP

Mostera1Mostera1over 12 years ago
Very well written

I can certainly see the loving wife story with Lana. His life with Nadine a true romance. Regardless which category, thoroughly loved it. Thank you!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioover 12 years ago
Wrong category but liked this a lot

Category police, and I'm an honorary member, have already pointed out that this was a romance, which would have fit better in a different category (or maybe non-erotic, or novels and novellas), but so what? It was a good and heart-warming story. Writing errors were fewer than many other stories by this author, and some of the few were already mentioned by other readers, so I won't dwell on that aspect either, but it was possibly the best story by this writer so far. Thanks to this author for a nice read.

brain_damagebrain_damageover 12 years ago
All I can say is Wow!

This is an amazing story. You had me hooked from the beginning. The first part really hit me hard. I am a 10yr cancer (brain) survivor and I know the physical, mental and emotional pain this takes on you AND your family. I can honestly say that I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. It is a hideous disease. It brought back memories and feeling that I wish I could forget. You took my emotions on a roller coaster ride and ended up feeling good. You have really matured as a story teller, not just an author and this was by far your best. This is the right category. It was truly a Loving Husband/Wife story. Thank you and please keep telling us stories.

tarlingtontarlingtonover 12 years ago
One of your Best

Thanks for the great story, I really loved how it related to everyone's life in a way, we all lose someone we love,we go on but they never really leave us.

gordo12gordo12over 12 years ago
Wow

A tear jerker and a great story. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great Tale

A good read with a solid foundation. I quite liked it.

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 12 years ago
Touching Story

What did you do? Take a break and enroll in a creative writing class. You really came back with a vengeance with some very entertaining stories that contain some very high quality writing. Thank you, Keep up the good work.

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
What a rollercoaster ride

Digdaddyrich is right. This story is an emotional rollercoaster. I loved it. Five stars and worth every one of them!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
cuckdaddyrich is right

well told tale, touched a lot of feelings

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

One of the best, i will read more of your stories.

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
wow

This is simply one of the best stories on this site. Just wow, you got me there.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
Naturaly 5 stars

Good story, but on the SOL (storiesonline.net) A.A. Nemo ' s story "There Is a Reason" a little better (I cried at the 13th. chapter). But does not matter.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago
A recomendation for those readers who like this story

Good story and A.A. Nemo' s story " There is a reason" (SOL) is also good. Both stories is about a widower with a daughter, but other plot because A.A. Nemo wrote a reconcilation (believable) and Slirpluss did a new connection for the healing up from the sadness. I recomend everybody on SOL A.A. Nemo ' s story "There is a reason" who likes Slirpuff''s excellent story.

BTW this is a TLW story.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307over 12 years ago
Double wow!!!

Having lost my wife of 27 years to cancer just a little over 2 years ago, it took me 3 days to read this story for obvious reasons. Very intense and poigniant story, to say the least. Even though I feel the subject matter for a lot of your stories is not always the greatest, I've always believed you to be the most talented writer on this site. There's certainly nothing about this story to disspell those beliefs.

VickieTernVickieTernover 12 years ago
As close to a novel as you've done!

I wondered when this would appear, whether you'd had second or third thoughts ("too sentimental"), and so on. But the ratings reflect its quality. Congratulations!

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 12 years ago
I enjoyed the trip!

I love roadies and this one was one of the best I've read in quite a while. Thank you .

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
this wasn't a good story

It was fucking great, this is what I look for in loving wives.........10000000000stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
really liked the story.

I lost my wife one year and a few days ago and reading this story brought back a lot of memories.I cried several times. You did a very good job of telling how it feels to lose someone you love very much. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

If someone sees a heart lying around, please return it - this story sucked it right out of my chest. (We're only allowed to give 5 stars?)

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 12 years ago
A beautiful story

Well written, well thought out and extremely well executed -

Thank you so much for sharing your thought and energy with all of us - it makes one think and feel - all a story needs to be really good.

farthmaulfarthmaulabout 12 years ago

Good to see that he's found someone to love after the death of his wife. Great story by the way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

What can I say, that hasn't already been said. Wonderful yarn so well written, thankyou.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Simply beautiful

Thank you for this and all your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
not 5 stars but 5 tears

the first half of this story was just like my life except for the cycle...lost my wife to cancer and had to become both father and mother to my dau...still hoping to find my happy ending, but like him...so very hard after losing my soulmate...many people would look at literotica as a site for porn and hard sex stories...but they are missing out on some really great stories and even greater authors...this story is one and you, my friend are a really great author...people do not know what they are missing by not reading one of you stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Boring

Highly rated because it's in Loving Wives and the wife doesn't cheat. But the writing is pedestrian and the story both overlong and belongs in non-erotic. Of course, the site owners have long since given up caring about the free sections of the site, so you can now post anything, anywhere. Sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
a lot like

getting hit on the head with a ball peen hammer for 30 minutes. Overall a decent, if pedantic, un-memorable effort much like a lifetime movie. Mind numbing to the extreme, if you have insomnia this story is the cure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
boring

Thank you for wasting my time with your boring real life non sexual story on an erotica site. wow!

LamwayLamwayabout 12 years ago
Terrific story

It's hard for me to understand how people can not appreciate a story about what it means to be a real loving wife, and husband too. I like a good BTB story at times, and a good reconciliation story (if plausible and done well). But this is a really good tale with believable people and emotions, and very touching. Thank you.

JusttooldJusttooldabout 12 years ago
Great

A few tears, a few smiles, and above all a heart warming story about life and how it can kick you in the ass one minute and then lift you to the stars in the next. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Nice

I want to encourage you as a writer. I'm not sure that this story really belongs on an erotic stories sites, but that's not an issue for me. I enjoyed a believable tale w/ well crafted characters in very human situations. I smiled, I shed a tear or two & basically was able to relate. The story flowed smoothly in a logical progression of order. Being able to make that emotional connection w/ a reader is a gift not all writers have. Judging from the comments I read here, some people can't recognize a writer's talent if the story doesn't fuel their fantasies & libido. My advice is to ignore their limitations & continue to focus on your craft.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 12 years ago
A very romantic and well-written story...

Very welcome as a different type of story. No incest, no betrayal. This does not mean that I don't like those other stories. Please keep writing.

toslertosleralmost 12 years ago
Hell of a story

Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Good story!

Only comment, Baptist especially southern Baptist don't dance!

Danger09Danger09almost 12 years ago
Aww

This story made me cry.. It was. So sad.. I'd die if something happened to my husband . I felt the love in this story

playingforyou70playingforyou70almost 12 years ago
One of the sweetest...

...and most sensual stories I have read in a long time; on or off of Lit.

A warm hello from Jacksonville Beach, Florida -- your story made me take a drive out to the beach today just to enjoy the scenery in a new light -- on that is right in my own back yard :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous