All Comments on 'A Merry Month of May'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Your story is average at best, but why would you inject politics into it?

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Dennis and Abbey don’t know it yet, but they’ve given each other their hearts. The emotional connection that they’ve found is too deep. Social convention be damned, they will both be wrecked when they try to part at the end of May. You must continue this tale through wrenching separation, to their realization that they have to at least try to find a way to make a life together, regardless of what family and community might say. 5 stars today and hoping for more.

muskyboymuskyboy12 months ago

Not a lot of emotion or affection, and the is no conclusion. You have done better. 3/5

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy12 months ago

May was a very good month for both of them!

5

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy12 months ago

May was very good month for both of them!

5

trigudistrigudis12 months agoAuthor

I had a sequel in mind while writing this. Abbey and Dennis are getting more deeply involved. Not a bad thing for a more conventional romance. But their age disparity, their geographic proximity and the potential conflict that might ensue when Alice and Edward, Abbey's kids, return home from college, could make for some interesting drama. We'll see.

mytimetobehappymytimetobehappy12 months ago

i enjoyed the story, but i would rather you stay in one person. two views always take away from the story

RRC2RRC212 months ago

I thoroughly enjoyed what you wrote, and what you didn't write. No, there is no conclusion. Gee, ain't that the way life works? The attitude both of the characters have is wonderful. Realistic.

I don't usually say this, only because I believe in letting the muse dictate to the writer, but I'd like to see where you might take this.

THANKS

OralinatorOralinator12 months ago

Great start but please continue the story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

When I was 20 years old, I had a relationship with a woman 15 years older than me. I truly loved her with all of my crooked heart, and I thought she felt the same. I met her when I was 18 years old and here, we are both 2 years later. One night during a hot steaming love making session I whispered in her mouth that I wanted to fuck my baby in her. She informed that after her second child Adrianne she had her tubes tied. From that point onward we drifted away from each other. She felt that she could never make me totally happy because she couldn't give me the one thing, I wanted the most. A child. But not just a child but our child.

I named my first daughter after her.....Judith.

nighthawk22204nighthawk2220410 months ago

A very enjoyable story. Thanks for writing, publishing and sharing. I once began a relationship in graduate school with a lovely young maid who was 14 years younger than I and which her parents thought was outrageous. My greatest obstacles in relationships has always been in-laws, or even prospective in-laws. I think your writing is excellent. I like your dealing with the scenario from multiple perspectives. There is another side to every story, isn't there?

nighthawk22204nighthawk2220410 months ago

In retrospect, I see tremendous potential for a successful relationship between Dennis and Abbey, although I believe Abbey mentioned that she had living parents who didn't enter the story. I would expect that at her age, in her situation, being fully independent of parental domination, Abbey could continue a happy relationship with Dennis for many years, but life is what happens when we're busy making other plans. Dennis' parents, and Abbey's kids, might well express different concerns, a lack of support, or even opposition. So maybe D & A want to move to that next county?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...