All Comments on 'A Momentary Lapse of Ethics 02'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Only a two,part series?

FinalStandFinalStandover 11 years agoAuthor
Part Three

... is coming. I have a few other projects in the works right now, but I have the outline done.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 11 years ago
Almost forgot this

Make that THREE stories I need updates for. Great stuff all. You manage to keep the sex a part of the story rather than make the story a vehicle for the sex.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 11 years ago
Still waiting

Still hoping to find out what happens to our Intrepid Heroes

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Awww Crap!

Seriously!?? This is yet another dead end story with no ending?! Wish I'd never started reading it : (

FinalStandFinalStandover 10 years agoAuthor
Sorry yet again.

Chapter 3 hit 2500 words and I hit a mental block. I'm currently reviewing it and I hope something breaks the log-jam. Reader feedback has worked miracles before.

fanfarefanfareover 10 years ago

FS, I continue to enjoy your posted submissions as i have time to work through them. I am not a big fan of the superhuman genre, I think ordinary people are extraordinary enduring their mundane lives. I usually do not enjoy the horror and fantasy genres as what ordinary people do to one another is horrible enough.

However, you bring up several interesting issues with this series of "A Momentary Lapse of Ethics" that is well worth reading if just to allow us to explore your own personal intellect.

As for the complaints about unfinished stories. In my opinion, people come and go but life continues. I have several series I have been working on and off on because I cannot see any singular ending for them. I foresee that I will be posting future addendum's as the muse energizes my imagineering. Or not, as my innate laziness enfeebles my intellect.

At this point I will probably just post them with a serious warning that I have no planned ending for them. That will help with some of the whiners who constantly commentate upon authors not finishing a story or unable to end a series to the trolls demands that they never be required to think about what they are reading! I know, I'm a bastard for making such unreasonable demands on their limited intellects.

In my opinion, creating a satisfactory ending to a story is one of the most difficult parts of writing. Many over-paid, award-winning celebrity authors fail at their endings. Just shoveling out any crap just to get their book to the printers. And then charge ridiculous sums for their dreck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Interesting point,

Bloodstone is teetering on the divide, Shadow is also not happy with what just happened. Perhaps they will find a way to change to neutral if not the other side.

Hopefully you will find a way to continue.

KalrissaKalrissaover 9 years ago
Really interesting - more please!

I really liked this story, up until it stopped. :-( The ethical issues core to the super-hero genre are expertly explored to their logical conclusion, something not done in most comics, and the story is a cracker.

More, please?

ap2techap2techover 9 years ago
Hooked me

I thought this was going to be a "usual" hero story. Fight, sex, fight, etc. Instead I read a very competently written work that tries to answer a question comic writers asked for decades, morality of heroes.

I hope the quality of your work holds up and I am eagerly looking forward to the next chapter.

slinkkyslinkkyover 7 years ago
Hoping for part 3 eventually

As a fan of "Life as a New Hire" I decided to check out some more of your works while I wait for the end of that saga. I enjoyed this and I hope that despite it being a few years you eventually conclude it.

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
The rest

I am not a writer. I do not know what it is like to hit a dead spot in my creative writing. I am an avid reader. There is probably very few hours in the day in which I'm not reading a novel or short story. I love the sci-fi section of this site. I could care less about the sex in a story unless it's advancing the plot.

That being said, I too find it disappointing when I invest in a story with no ending. It really bugs me.

Now, that's not to say you don't have a perfectly good reason for not finishing. I'm sure it bugs you too.

So let me amend my earlier statement by saying, it bugs me when a good author with excellent story telling abilities doesn't finish a story. It's because we love your work.

I hope you finish, I hope everything in your personal life works out.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES