A New Dawn Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

******

"Rand & Associates, Melanie speaking. How may I help you?"

I had fired our housekeepers as housekeepers and rehired them as criminologist and admin/receptionist, at a significantly higher rate of pay. And had tasked Melanie to find the next housekeeper(s) for me, Barker, and Morrison.

"Mr. Rand..."

"Johnny."

"Johnny, I have a potential client on line one."

"Gimme two, then patch them through to the conference room."

"Yes, sir."

"Johnny."

"Yes, Johnny."

Ninety seconds later, we were all assembled around the conference table speakerphone.

"It's... it's my daughter. She's been gone for two weeks."

Meyer said, "Have you contacted the police, sir?"

"Yes. But she's an adult, and she was living with a guy, and they don't even want to take a missing person report."

"Do you have any reason to suspect that her actions are against her will?" I said.

"Absolutely. We are very close to her, her mom and I. She would tell us. If she were going to move, or change jobs, or whatever, she would tell us. She talks to us every week. We haven't heard from her in two weeks."

Christine: "Can you tell us anything about her boyfriend?"

"He's an asshole. In and out of prison. We tried our best to get her away from him, but I think he has her in thrall. He did the bad boy thing to get her, and now he's beaten down her will to get away from him."

"Sir, please let me confer with my colleagues and I'll get back to you within the hour," I said.

"Thank you. God bless you."

I looked around the table. As always, with these comrades in arms, I could tell it was up to me.

"Let's go get her," I said.

"Fuckin' A!! Let's kick some ass!!" Buddy said.

"If we have to," I said. "She may have gone willingly."

"What does your gut tell you, Johnny?" Meyer said.

I sat back and thought about it.

"Let's kick some ass."

12