All Comments on 'A Slave to the Servants Ch. 29'

by DoctorWolf

Sort by:
  • 99 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Sad!

That chapter ending was so sad. I wonder if Jonathan will have a pull towards his mother and his father? I can't wait for more, I don't think I will ever get enough of this story. The day it ends will be the worst. More soon please!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great chapters!!

sad to see this chapter end this way but.... excited to see how you move the plot, to the climax of your story and to see how you will close it out... Hopefully you will publish in a book as you are a very talented writer and should use your talent to make you some money... just saying as i will be first to pay for your books honest..... I can not wait for the next installment in this series. Keep on writing....

katgoddess1katgoddess1about 12 years ago
Wow

So different from raising daughters. Her son is still a child where Hanna and Kennedy were like miniature adults when they left. At least, being Evan's son, he will always retain a connection to her. I love this story.

Curiously_LookingCuriously_Lookingabout 12 years ago
I agree, so sad!

I was completely feeling her pain as she watched her boy fly away. She is very obviously not going to handle this well, come the next chapter. But then, who would? She had to watch her son be sold and taken away. And in the normal course of events, she'd never see him again. If you didn't hate this system before, this scene would be enough to change anyone's mind.

SenieceTaOSenieceTaOabout 12 years ago
Muah!

I'm so HOOKED!!

MygypsyMygypsyabout 12 years ago
Awesome chapter

This story takes me from one emotion to another. I was so sad when Jonathan was taken away. He is still a baby! And Aiden's reaction to Halil's death ... by the time I read the last sentence of the chapter I was trying to be strong for Ciara's sake!

DW you've really brought thhe characters of this story to life!

BRAVO!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
BW, another great chapter, giving much depth to the greater paterian world

showing off your plot skills, and as always i love your smooth writing quality.

i did wonder how it wasnt possible to heal halil and letting aiden nearly starve. sad story of halil. the females are very caring. perhaps the rest of jon's bros are yet to be revealed in the future.

thanks BW :) .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Continuously Enraptured!

DW - it's been awhile since I've commented, but I hope that you knowing that I've loyally read every chapter as soon as it's posted & given you a well-deserved 5 stars, will make up for the lack!

I adore the uniqueness of each character & how you've given each of them their time in the spotlight. It has attributed immensely to character development. Subsequently, I am completely engrossed in this wonderful tale you are weaving!

It has all the "hot topics" to snare & keep the appetite of a voracious book worm like me, satiated! Heart warming, heart breaking, adventurous, humorous, romantic, erotic, sensual...so much more!

What an fabulous gift that the next chapter comes out in time for my birthday!!

Thank you, you fabulous vixen for sharing your story & for regularly posting!!

Kajia Veracious

huntersangelhuntersangelabout 12 years ago
i had so many emotions from this chapter!

first of all johnathon was so completely adorable, "mine, no yours!", that was so cute! "wan wim", and then aiden "wat wim?" that was just way to cute! and oh yes, their parting had me in tears. hannah and kennedy were ready and prepared to leave when they did, and they could come back for visits, but the boys, don't have that ability. this will be a true loss for ciara and the men. i wonder how they (especially evan) will take it? but the thing i want to mention MISS DW, is what tosu told ciara. what is this stuff about her being able to return to earth????? omg, it's always been the opposite and now suddenly she's being told that she can return? i wonder what she's going to do? is she going to tell the men? and if she does, what will they say and do? i doubt she'll leave now with all her ties to pateria, but still, she just might. omg, what a bombshell! the 21st better hurry up and get here!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I'm in tears ...

You have me completely. Love it so much. Not fair that you made me cry with such a heartbreaking separation. Want Hanna to go get him now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Love this story. Always ready to find out what happens next.

willieonewillieoneabout 12 years ago
Had the tissues ready..

Every time I read this chapter I blubber like a baby,sniff it is just so sad. I look forward to the next chapter which should be posted on my daughters BD. Now I am off to wash my face and try and regain some control over my emotions. Damn your good!!!!!

lilwolfspiritlilwolfspiritabout 12 years ago
*sniffles and wipes my eyes* Awesome Chapter

*sniffs again* i think this is the hardest chapter for me, maybe its because i have a son and if i had to go through what Ciara just did i would be screaming bloody murder and not be able to function once Jonathan left...btw thanks for the wonderful birthday present in posting it today, it was a great gift..lol Keep up the excellent work hun.

Donna

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
In Awe!

You never fail to amaze me with your talent... absolutely stunning chapter.

Why you are not gracing the stores with your books is a mystery!

MetalMommaKy78MetalMommaKy78about 12 years ago
Amazing =)

Thanks for the wonderful chapter. 5 stars!

donaldedonaldeabout 12 years ago
what sweet and sad chapter

excellent chapter looking forward to moore

GrumpyGambyGrumpyGambyabout 12 years ago
Excellent chapter

This was a good chapter, moved the story along quite well, giving loads more information on how this society works.

As a mother who has raised her babies, sent them off to college, seen them transition into a fully independ adult life, meaning they didn't move back home after graduation :) I can feel the bitter sweet tug you describe so well. So happy they are developing well, in relationships that bring them peace and happiness, but missing that bundle of energy, fussiness and those all encompassing smiles that leave a mother with the contentment that all is right with the world.

This chapter made me realize something, an insignificant detail... Poor Rachel doesn't even have photos of her babies. Can you weave that into the next chapter with a baby?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
AARRGH

You and your surprises!!! I enjoy this thoroughly, and look forward to the next one!!

Soon rather than later :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thank you for a terrific story!

I'm crying again, but the story is so well written. It is so hard to wait for the next chapter each time. After the last chapter, I reread everything. You could take out most of the sex stuff and still have a fantastic novel to market, if you wanted to. I do hope you sell it someday and get it printed. I would buy a copy. It's a gripping and thought-provoking story--and well written enough that a reader can lose themselves in the story. Thank you!

NicoleAmyNicoleAmyabout 12 years ago
Fabulous as always!!

i cannot say it enough but i LOVE this story and the next chapter cant come quick enough :)

GimletEdgeGimletEdgeabout 12 years ago
It's inconceivable that Ciara would leave her band of brothers and children.

Perhaps it's a choice she may one day face, but I cannot see her opting to abandon those she loves. Plus, she's a mother of the revolution that seems inevitable. Her family and children are not the only ones who need her. To be needed is a fair definition for the meaning of life, and not to be undervalued.

The story, in addition to being a delightful erotic work, has raised all kinds of issues about polyandry and the division of power between the sexes. I continue to enjoy every chapter, and am in no hurry to see it end.

Thank you, DW, for all the time, effort and talent you've poured into this wonderful saga.

GE

wildsoulwildsoulabout 12 years ago

I cried a little at the end. Aiden and Jonathan was so cute! Ciara was right... it was too soon. Tosu did propose a good question, I wonder will she tell the men and I cannot wait for her answer--her reasons. Thank you for updating!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
at a loss for words

I can't thank you enough for this gift that keeps on giving. A friend once told me that the true goal of life is to find your talent, whatever it is, and share it with the world. You are obviously one of the lucky ones that have discovered theirs.

As much as I enjoy coming to literotica to read your work, I hope you realize that the rest of the world deserves the chance to enjoy your talent. Like so many others that have commented on here, I would buy your book in an instant, even at the hardback first edition signed copy price.

-pk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
my only complaint...

Is that I hate waiting! I am totally caught up in this story. I read the first 28 chapters in three days then had to wait a week for this one. It's going to be torture to wait for each chapter as it comes out! But I know pregnancy isn't easy, so I am so glad you're still writing, even if its coming out a little slower. I would definitely pay for your books, please consider contacting a publisher!

chibicakeschibicakesabout 12 years ago

Now that I have dried my tears I can type now. This story is wonderful, sensual and emotional and I can't wait for the next chapter. This is one of the best works on this site and I long to see Rachel back with her family and free..I doubt she would choose to leave when her men and all her children need her. Jonathan will be looking for her just as Evan feels his female breeder.

Great chapter

xoxo

C.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

I had tears in my eyes! I've been enjoying this story for a long time and always look forward to the next chapter. I hope that you are doing well, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Babies on the Brain!

I have to wonder how you are doing yourself there?? I absolutely love the dichotomy that exists for the male and female offspring. I can see this as an X-rated version of Avatar someday. Bravo again!!

NchantaNchantaabout 12 years ago
5 * x 10

If I could vote 10 times, that is. This story just keeps getting better and better. I've been checking every day since the last chapter came out, hoping and praying that the next one had arrived. Thank you, your emotive writings are very much appreciated. :)

Nchy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
DW can’t see you leaving things as they are

I can see possible twists with this tale ;) with Jonathon being part human and offspring of Ciara and brother to Hannah and Kennedy, he could be head strong enough to cause trouble at the child keepers. Resulting in Ciara and family having to become involved in his and his brother’s upbringing! Or Damien, Evan and brothers creating such a stink, at this turn of events, that they demand to be involved in Jonathon upbringing :))

Don’t take any heed of this comment, this is just the ramblings of an emotional fan *sob, where’s the hankies*

Thanks for another excellent chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

i certainly hate crying unless im reading your work. i love where you going with the story even though this one seemed shorter than the others. still love it!!!

avrgblkgrlavrgblkgrlabout 12 years ago
Well done...

This was a perfect chapter. You did an excellent job.

WibblywobblyWibblywobblyabout 12 years ago
Every time

It feels like Christmas morning when I see a new chapter up! Well done, and as much as I am dreading the end, I can't wait to have the entire story before me so I can read it all again from beginning to end!!! Thanks for another great chapter, who cares if there's no sex, the plot is good enough without it :D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wow...

...What a heart breaking chapter. You did a great job writing it. I am sitting here crying over how Rachel must be feeling. Can't wait for the next one. Keep up the good work!

flowergurl17flowergurl17about 12 years ago
i loved it

I can't wait to have the entire story before me so I can read it all again from beginning to end!!! it almost had me crying but i can't wait for more. yay

SurprisingMyselfSurprisingMyselfabout 12 years ago

Well, I finally stopped crying long enough to type. When Jonathan turns to her and asks about swimming with Daddy later - Oh, here come the tears again. And when she makes a point of committing everything about him to memory so she'll never forget her little boy. What about Evan? He understands better but never had a chance to say goodbye, nor did any of the others. I suppose they suspected but still. I hope the taste talent that Jonahon shares with Evan makes it impossible for him to be kept away. Poor Ciara/Rachel! How will she recover from watching her baby be sold and taken somewhere else to never see her again. That is so wrong. And he'll think she abandoned him. Oh I'm such a mess. I can't even imagine the sense of loss in their home. Maybe the pad used to send messages has some images of Jonathon on it.Thank you for preparing us for the sadness. It helped. You're brilliant and this story is one of the best I've ever read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
So bittersweet

So beautifully written. There are so many emotions going on, and I love how you explore how this part of society works.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

how could you leave it like this? was was fantastically written, very deep emotion which made it realistic. Update soon xx

123udontknowme123udontknowmeabout 12 years ago
Such a sad yet enlightening chapter

The end had me crying... In public no less, but anyways... I loved this chapter, just like all the others (with the exception of Ciara's lashes, but I understand). Didn't think the women had a hard time producing males, but it does seem understandable since they mainly reside on the equator while the women travel everywhere else. I do hope Jonathan finds Ciara's again and that Evan finds his mother too. If he can still sense her, surely she still lives. Can't wait to see what you post up next!

123udontknowme123udontknowmeabout 12 years ago

Not that them being near the equator is difficult nor the reason... I just meant that their population is less than the women.

Forgot to add that. :D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
so..

so after you finish this story are you going to write about the kids adventures after they left her?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wwonderful

Marvelous chapter as usual.Your writing is magnificent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Love it!

Oh wow, this chapter was so wonderful. And having Jonathan ask if he and his brothers can go swimming with daddy later as they are being put on the transport was so emotional.

I would have loved to see more of the motherly bond with Aiden, she called them her boys.

It was so funny that first night with Jonathan, the men staying up to rock and walk him. Let me tell you from experience one of those mechanical swinging baby chairs... waaaay more important than a crib in the first couple of months.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wonderful

I love your stories! I have re read them plenty of times while I wait for the next chapter. This one made me cry both times it's just so sad with halil and aiden , johnatan an the rest. I hope Evan christof and the brothers all find their moms . I wonder who could be tousu's baby boy and where he is now. Nu reh is honorable I hope she comes to realize the error of the system & her way of thinking about slavery . I wonder how aiden will sleep at night now. I wish they rebell and force thier owner to bring them back to ciara and the brothers to raise them. :( I wonder how the free boys are raised. Thank you for this beautiful story dear please keep writing about this world as long as you can . I am so addicted to them.you are incredibly talented writer. It's so wonderful to see the brothers love for Ciara grow and deepen every day. It's so beautiful to see how loving they are to thier children.ok let me stop now :) thank you again :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Nicely done

This writing has me much more interested in the plot as opposed to the sex. I'm sure it will leave me disappointed wanting more at its conclusion. I'm looking forward to chapter 200!

cricketmusecricketmuseabout 12 years ago
Brilliant

You've created a 3 dimensional world full of brilliant details. Thanks so much for putting your genius imagination to print so that we mere humans can read and enjoy! I hope for many happy moons for Ciara/Rachel and her family

SurprisingMyselfSurprisingMyselfabout 12 years ago
Staying on my mind as usual

The entire experience of little Jonathon was so much fun, until the sadness. Watching Evan bond was so touching. I think Rose can draw a print of Johnathon, besides any that might be on the pad. Rose is a wonderful artist.

Okay - is it March 21 yet?

lilqtlucylilqtlucyabout 12 years ago

This is so emotional!!!! The ending brings tears to my eyes!!!! I can't wait for the next one!

Ready_N_WillingReady_N_Willingabout 12 years ago
It's funny...

I've gotten so into the story, I don't miss the sex. Heck, I tend to forget it is supposed to be an erotic story. I just want to know what happens next! Thanks for a wonderful story, I'll be waiting with baited breath for the next installment.

JulianaHopeJulianaHopeabout 12 years ago
You did it....

I'm not a crier, but you did it. You made me cry. Great job DW, an excellent chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thank you!!

It was a very heartwarming and emotional chapter. I absolutely love your story and I check for updates daily in anticipation. You are a very gifted writer. Thank you for all of your time and effort put into this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
*****

one of the best stories on Lit!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great Story!!!!

You have a true gift for writting. I hope that you publish books in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thank you....!

I completely agree with the comment regarding forgetting it is an erotic story. I am delighted I stumbled across ur story last week!! It has been hard to put my phone down as I just want to keep reading! Thank you again!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I LOVE YOU DW!

I am commenting to soley let you know that I adore you! You are SOOO talented! I was a harry potter kid! J.K. Rowling made me believe the wizard world was real! I'm sitting here daily checking in on pateria! Pateria is the wizard world of my young adult life!! Please keep writing and please please look to get published!! The world is not ready for you!!! I cried so bad this chapter! Beautiful! Please make Pateria a series too. I never want to stop reading it!

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 12 years ago
Okay, that was so much harder

than when Hannah and Kennedy left. I've got tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. I wonder if Jonathan and Aiden can convince the other boys to have a fit unless they see Mama. He's strong willed enough. Can the two of them convince the others and make it a majority vote?

I just want Ciara to be reunited with all her family. It will be obvious to Nu-Reeh that hannah and kennedy are involved if Jonathan and his brothers are taken. They may have a long road ahead of them.

Entranced by your story, as always. I can't wait for more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Thankyou!

Yes, some words aren't quite right, and your Italic words are getting confusing because you miss some and do others that I didn't think would be English words, but I love this story. I love that others agree that sex is one of the best was to bond with another person; I admired how you took the discipline too far then resolved it; I adore that Ciara is sweet and kind but a strong woman and her strength shows in subtler ways then just getting herself into trouble, I feel proud that she can let her children live in the way of their fathers. It takes great willpower for a free person to submit and thrive. It's great you still do fantastic erotic scenes, they always tend to fade or get repetitive in longer stories. I look forward to the next installment, how many more chapters are you planning on? I always dislike when a good book ends, I tend to mourn the loss.

Congratulations on a wonderful novel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wow!!

I almost cried like a baby. I hope that the boys raise so much hell that thet have to take them back to Ciara/Rachel...this is really sad. But in actuality, Johnathon probably won't even miss his mother to where it would be a problem. I feel like he won't even remember her. Sad but true. Again wow, this was kind of a sad chapter...great but sad. Can't wait until 03/21/12

sexkittenfaysexkittenfayabout 12 years ago
Loving this story.

I love this story it makes me laugh, cry, and curse. I can't wait to see the next chapter. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Made me LOVE, LAUGH & CRY. .

wow!! Just wonderful! The parting made me cry a little. Hanna's and Kennedy's parting didn't had this effect on me. Maybe it was because of the fact that unlike the girls, he didn't knew that he will never see his mom again. And God! His last words that he wanted to swim in the night, they left a big lump in my throat.

I'm in love with this novel. Please keep posting. Waiting patiently. . .

jl18jl18about 12 years ago
love it as usual ...

by the way you are amazing. your imagination is soo good its crazy lol. well done!! I'm reallly looking forward to the next chapter .. can't wait so be quick and please make the chapters longer (at least 4 pages) : )

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
The Tears!!!

That ending had me crying. So good I can't wait for the next chapter.

momz2manymomz2manyabout 12 years ago
One of the best chapters ever!

I normally H A T E backstory and plot chapters but Oh My Holy Hell the one time Ciara holds it together and now they're selling the boys..........so damn soon!??!??!??!?? I wanted to get to know his their brothers! I picture Aiden like Damien and Johnathen like Even but, * sniff sniff * I wasn't ready. Grrrrrrr I am soooooooo relieved that all Johnathan's brothers all wond up together. I was so worried that one would be free and Nu-Reeh would be able to track the others to the freemen or something. I really have been on pins and needles. I hope Ciara holds it together better this time; and I am so excited for Ciara to pick this planet and her family over Earth. Now does Ciara have a part in that new symbol or is Nu-Reeh concidered the female breeder? Couldn't they tell Christoph's mother was human? With Ciara and Evan both from other planets it's ironic he's so Patarian. (sp?) Obviously the men love Ciara; but will they still breed with Patarian women after they are free, will they still "belong" to one of their own woman, or will they become faithful to Ciara? What will it mean for the other slaves? A lot on the moral swing of things. She isn't faithful to one man; but neither can she just pick someone to have sex with. Ciara doesn't seem jelious during breedings; but how will Rachel handle freedom and sexuality. Will that effect the family structure since she can't perminatly bond with them. Ut Ohhh- it hurts when I think again! I'm also SUPER relieved their having more normal family debates and I love that the girls are involved. I would have been SO dissapointed if Kenedy and Hannah havn't been involved. Thank you.

DW_ this is just way to stressful! I keep promising myself I'm only going to write a couple of lines on how AMAZING this story is in every single way and how it deserves a Noble Peace Price if only for what it brings to my house, and then SHUTUP but I can't help myself!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Cried like a baby!

Great story! I have kids and each time it breaks my heart!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Amazing Story!!!

I'm totally hooked on your story, I read through the whole thing in a couple of days, work be damned. I agree, best piece on lit. Thank you!!! Can't wait for more!

BubblingBubblingabout 12 years ago
New twist I didn't expect...

You've done it again. You have added something that takes it to a new level and makes the story even richer. This really is a good story.

tanilctanilcabout 12 years ago
amazing

another wonderful, but sad chapter. i cried when the boys left. more please. cant wait to see what is going to happen next, you always surprise me.

MissEmMissEmabout 12 years ago
Gosh can't wait ant longer...

Cant get enough... Where's the next one... I've read all the chapters and need the next hit already

summermaxsummermaxabout 12 years ago
Sobbing!

I'm so sad Ciara has had to give up her children. It didn't seem so bad with the girls because it was really their choice, but for Jonathon to be SOLD and taken from her!! Absolutely heart wrenching!

You are truly an amazing author!

EdwarusEdwarusabout 12 years ago
Wow

Beautiful chapter cant wait for the next one

IsanaIsanaalmost 12 years ago
I keep forgetting to do this

But now I will surely do it--

Big thanks to DW and Steve for this wonderful piece of literature.

3 chapters left to read in my marathon--!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
So Sad!!!!

I cried everytime Ciara got separated from her children but with Jonathan I cried the most since his memory of Ciara won't stay with him once he gets with his new life and unlike the girls he won't live a free life. I have to say your take on Ciara and her children are just wonderful when I am reading what Ciara is going through I feel like I am experiencing it for myself hope you keep more coming...

Caramelangel247Caramelangel247almost 12 years ago
Angry :-)

My family is absolutely angry with you right now!!!!

I have been immersed in this series for two days. I'm not cooking dinner on time, no laundry has been done and the dish washer is working over time since I've been on a reading vacation.

My poor bleary eyes can't continue this but I can't put the story down. . . Threw should be a warning posted for a story this all consuming!!!

kris10ekris10ealmost 12 years ago
Carmelangel...I completely agree!!

A warning must be posted, the distraction between reality and this fiction is strong!! My child has eaten cold cuts and soup for two days, lol. My heart is broken once again, eye are red, and my mind is consumed in a story I have already read once already. I wont check on my other authors nor other stories that are not complete, but are being updated. These stories were the best...so I thought...this story is the ONLY one I finished and started all over again, with the same damn reactions as the first time. So fucking sad....really my behavior is. But I am in readers heaven and loving every bit of it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Going Blind

I hate my computer screen right now; it's killing my eyes, but I still can't stop reading. This is my second read through the whole story, though my first read was a chapter at a time and long wait in between. Seriously the best thing I've ever read. Full of emotion, heartbreaking moments, incredible passion, and fascinating settings. You have a gift, and you and your editor do an amazing job. I will admit my favorite chapters are the first ten, and I'm coming up on the chapters I remembered disliking the first time around, but then I remember life is messy, fiction isn't all pretty, and I still love these characters enough to see them to the end. I hope you continue to enthrall us with your imaginative worlds when this story is done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
oh my goodness

I have been reading this series since i accidentaly found this this website for three days ihave been up til past 1am with work and two kids (1 and 4) tonight it looks like the same while not a professional critic i do have a history degree(not that it means much now a days) and your story has engaged me in a way I have not felt in years kudos to you and when r u plamning a literary version of this

flgurleygrlflgurleygrlover 11 years ago
Heartbreaking!

I'm with all of you... I am so addicted to this story. I haven't commented on each chapter, because I am so pressed to start the next chapter. So well written and unique.

My heart breaks for Rachel and her men. I hope they will somehow be allowed to be with their children. As horrible as the separation is, I hope she has one more child. Is Kein the only one that doesn't have a child that we are aware of, out of the brothers? I wonder if Jonathan and Aiden bonded with any of the children Damien's and his brothers sired?

DoctorWolf, you are truly talented. Thank you so much for sharing your erotic, intriguing, captivating story. On to the next chapter!

LynnMckLynnMckover 11 years ago
Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining.

My current job is full time caregiver for my wife in the late stages of Alzheimer's. We have brought hospice into the house now (God's angels I am thinking :) If I keep her clean and fed she demands nothing else (and the silver lining is . . .) and I can read as much as I want as long as I might those needs :)

Yes it is hard, and yes I wash a lot of dirty items and run the dishwasher often, but in those minutes when she does not need me, I get to read. Dr.W. is a great therapist and she helps me keep things in perspective by reminding me there are lot's of other things I can focus on besides the immenent death. I am not trying to be morbid, and I am not depressed. We are both 70, we have six children and seven grandchildren. Her life (and mine) have been full but it is time for her to move on. She is doing that more each day and spends less of her time with me. When she goes away, I come read and the sadness and worry are set aside.

Bless you Dr. W.

Lynn

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

This made me cry. I love your story. Better than the books I've been reading. Thank you for writing.

eWomaneWomanabout 11 years ago
Beautifully written...

tenderly, lovingly and touching every heartstring I have -- and some I didn't know about. You write these particular scenes so expertly, with all the emotion and grace imaginable. I'll assume you're writing from experience -- and I thank you kind lady for sharing. Take care...

Baron2shyBaron2shyabout 11 years ago
light blue

I have loved your story, you couldn't reel out the chapters fast enough & it got frustrating. So left off for a long while & its been worth the wait....doing nicely hur Wolf....lol!

This was sad but it had many endearing, & happy moments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
:'-(

SOB! This is so beautifully done! I can't even imagine how Evan feels right now. Actually all of them, then again, they aren't like Ciara and they don't quiet understand her pain. But they hopefully will all feel the loss, even though (hopefully) we will see Jonathan again. DWolf you never cease to amaze me.

kris10ekris10eover 10 years ago
to Lynn

You are very strong and courageous! I pray that your wifes' new journey is peaceful and full of love and that you two reunite one day. Good luck on your new journey in life and I hope it brings you love and happiness. I best thing about death is understanding the unknown and having faith in the things you can't always see. You understand that, and I commend you for that.

God Bless you and yours.

Kristen

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

This is the second time I am reading your story, and yet again this chapter made me cry!!! I absolutely love the mother you wrote for us. Such a touching story.

A

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Echoes

Hello again,

This chapter was so touching, the moons with Evan, and the simple way Jonathan accepted his brother should feed from Ciara. And I just loved the way they told Aiden his Mammy was dead - I was blubbing unashamedly again!

I can only echo what everyone else has said about the quality of the writing, and the way you never fail to touch and amuse us.

Thank you again.

Ariana xx

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I hate you!

I really, really hate you! lol The last few chapters have been a roller coaster ride and you end it with Jonathan leaving?! How could you?! lol

As always, great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
:'(

I think this is the saddest chapter so far. Hannah and Kennedy left too but they were older. Jonathan is just a baby! Well written though. Love the story :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
2nd time

Reading this again and I still cried!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Amazing!

I have other things to do. Really. Too bad they're not getting done. I absolutely have to rip myself away to get done absolutely anything else at all.

I have been reading for decades, much of it Sci-fi. This ranks up there with RAH and McCaffrey (sp?) as some of the best I have read.

Well-freakin'-done!

VisualPerv

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
teary eyed... :(

Reading this chapter again after a long time still made me teary eyed... still this series has me hooked!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I have been crying throughout this entire chapter! <3

near1111near1111over 8 years ago
Wow

i am a big man but i had tears in my eyes because of the last scene. damnd good story. the best story i ever saw here. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I have read this story time and time again. Even knowing what is happening I can't help but tear up when reading this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
still great

My 4th reading and this never gets old. Knowing how it ends doesn't ease the emotion of this chapter. So good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Well shit

You made me cry again. I love this story. You have a way of writing that emo t ions conjecture strong. I would definitely pay to buy this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Still makes me cry.

I followed this story when you were writing it, and have read it many times since. This scene always makes me cry. The first time my oldest son was getting ready to go off to college so I thought it was the emotions of that change in my life. Now I know you did an exceptional job with Ciara's and Halil's emotions and thoughts. Thank you for sharing this story with us and keeping it available here. If you ever decide to take it down, please consider self publishing so us repeat readers can buy and keep our copy.

MABGMABGalmost 6 years ago

With both Hannah and Jonathan's departure, I've shed a few tears. I think Kennedy was better since she left with her sister. But my goodness, these scenes break my heart. I'm enthralled by this story. It's a fantastic read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Still makes me cry

I followed this story as you were writing it years ago, and as I re-read it now this scene still makes me cry. You truly are a gifted story teller and writer. Hope you and yours have been happy and healthy these years, and you return to writing one day.

YvesReader

skippersdadskippersdadabout 1 year ago

;(Strong emotions in this one.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Gosh, so emotional! :’(

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous