All Comments on 'A Slave to the Servants Ch. 31'

by DoctorWolf

Sort by:
  • 135 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Really enjoyednthis chapter

I've been following this story for quite some time now and this is my first ime posting a comment. I'm so happy that the girls stood up for the,selves and were able to keep the names they wanted - a little surprised that this new compound/society accepted ciara's argument so calmly in the end!

Was so sad to see the part about jonathan being forced to forget his mama and papa, wonder what it'd be like if jonathan grew up fogetting his parents and is suddenly confronted with a decision of picking between his brothers or his biological family (i.e. he had to fight against the resistence).

Anywho, really looking forward to the next installment! Keep up the good work DW and Steve!

dreamidreamiabout 12 years ago
bravo, another lovely chapter

this story is so full of suspense and surprises!

this new free world definitely has its up and downs,.. and thats a few times you have had me in tears there DW!

and i think hannah and kennedy are loving having that power over their male breeders

and poor old fuji - i hope she gets time with her friends too,

and remember Banes son and the other family that was freed I wonder if they will become part of the plot again?

DW i hope you are enjoying creating and writing this story as much as many, many of us love reading it. but please dont feel the pressure of a deadline-enjoy the process-someone commented in chapter30- i dont think it is a quality issue (I wouldnt dare-and it wouldnt be true!) but I understand you work and are expecting as well and thats pretty tiring so enjoy enjoy enjoy dont let us, your adoring audience, pressurize you into fixing tight deadlines- we can wait an extra week (for example)per exciting installment.

(i love the green gardening theme in this chapter- and wish i could vote for it in the Earth Day compo)

all the best everyone

mwah

Steve150177Steve150177about 12 years ago
It's only been 24 to 36 hrs.

since Ciara was taken from the Keepers. To us it has been 6 weeks.

Ciara promised her men that she would not make the men who rescued her mad. Now that they are "with" her, well at least somewhere near and Hannah & Kennedy too, she can be more assertive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

DW you're amazing, your thought processes are fantastic to imagine this world, but I have to comment the following.

I'm actually glad Ciara said what she did to the administrators, about doing what they wanted, when they wanted etc...I wanted her to shout out 'You tell me I am free but it seems like I have traded one form of slavery for another, where 'free women and men' must gain permission to breed and be with the men they love!'

I understand more after reading Hannah's comments for Ciara about proving her worth and the worth of her family but I am frustrated at the lack of understanding from the other women there, they clim she is free but must act in a way they condone...conditional freedom.

I worry over the 'meal with the men' it seems as if the administrators expect or want other things to happen for Ciara so that she will 'forget' her men... NEVER!

celesteycelesteyabout 12 years ago
This story just gets better and better

I love what you have done with this story and the characters. Please let Ciara get her son back. You broke my heart and had a bit of a cry . Keep writing , I look forward to every entry. The wait is always worth it.

Little BirdLittle Birdabout 12 years ago
Nicely done

I really like how every time the story seems mostly resolved and done, you come up with a new thing that needs to be solved. And it always feels like a natural continuation of the plot that makes perfect sense, instead of appearing like arbitrarily introducing contrived problems just for the sake of of stretching the story out some more. And it also always involves character development and a change in scenery, keeping things fresh.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Holy cow! You had me crying watching Jonathan thru the cameras! Well done!

MetalMommaKy78MetalMommaKy78about 12 years ago

I wish for Ciara and Rose to be with their families again. What a heart wrenching chapter this was. Please keep the families together. =\

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Sad

This was really sad, I hated when Ciara was saying goodbye to Damian and his brothers. I hope they can be together soon!

polgaranightpolgaranightabout 12 years ago
WOW

I have read this story from the start and you have an amazing gift for writing. With each turn through out the story, I have laughed and cryed and suffered with each and every character that is here. I hope that you never give up your writting and I am thankful for this new family that I have gotten from this story.......

Cannot wait for the next chapter and hope that the families get back together again.

hakdrakkenhakdrakkenabout 12 years ago
Bah!

It would have been so much more fun to make the 'slavering romantics' suffer for a little while, but your note at the beginning of this chapter was clearly designed to put them at ease. Slightly disappointed you felt that you had to do it by breaking down the fourth wall, too...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

I am so excited and can't wait to read what happens next. This is the best story i have read in a long time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Another Chapter - Sigh-

Thanks for the next chapter, it is torturous waiting to know what happens next. I have read through this story many times each time focusing on a different brother and his reaction/personality. I really do like happy endings and hope that one can soon appear as it is so sad right now . . . .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
The continuing growth of the characters is a amazing!

This chapter had me in tears but was written so beautifully that it gave me hope. Keep up the good work and take all the time you need to write. Your chapters are worth waiting for.

popparazzipopparazziabout 12 years ago
Excellent as usual

*Tears, what an emotional ending to this chapter. I can not stop crying for Ciara. Thank you for another amazing chapter.

Stevens_rockStevens_rockabout 12 years ago
Still reading

After 31 long chapters I am still reading. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Ready_N_WillingReady_N_Willingabout 12 years ago
Good for her!

I was hoping Ciara and Rose would stand up and put them in place about their choice of names. I'm glad that Rose was able to make that stand for herself, I was afraid Ciara would have to do it for her. Now I see the promise in her for accepting her "freedom". It's good that Fuji has someone now that understands her and can help her as well. Well done, anxiously waiting for the next chapter!

katgoddess1katgoddess1about 12 years ago
Painful

But hopefully it's just growing pains. Awesome writing.

123udontknowme123udontknowmeabout 12 years ago
More love to your stories from me

You are right, the men must suffer a bit like how Ciara did with them too. Can't wait to see them together. o.o Besides, how are we very sure that one of the men there won't try to take advantage of the women. O.O As stated, they're weaker than the weakest man. Rue and his brothers are intelligent and stubborn men, they haven't been properly retrained, I'm sure, and they were greedy before. Gotta watch out for those loose cannons. :P Oh well, time will tell. I'll still stalk your page for the next one. Can't wait to see what happens next. :D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Very clever

I've been reading faithfully but never commented.

I think the reasoning behind the separation of slaves from families is very clever and compelling, and Ciara's reaction to Hannah's initial explanation in the food hall (plus Damien's reaction in the viewing room) shows that it is necessary—necessary if Ciara is ever to truly, freely choose her men, and necessary if the men are ever to overcome their limited understanding of what a truly equal male-female relationship is (a limited understanding Ciara herself lamented on many occasions).

I feel this chapter lifts the caliber of this story even further—from a very well-drawn erotic piece to a nuanced and intriguing narrative that could stand with or without the sex.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Is freedom the new form of slavery?

Is freedom something that can be forced onto a soul? Is she now enslaved by her freedoms? Plus, let us not forget that neither of our earth females were doing well in their pervious lives... Is returning to a lifestyle such as that good for them?

Love the story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Another great chapter. You are truly a great auther. I literally cried when I read the part where Ciara a.ka Rachelle broke down because she was told they wouldn'tt be able to rescue Jonathan.

sylentpoetsylentpoetabout 12 years ago
Wow

Another awsome chapter. Ciara's freedom seems to be costing her a lot. I am completely caught in the web you weave with your stories. Soooo looking forward to the next chapter.

Yours Truly,

~sylentpoet~

kikaluvkikaluvabout 12 years ago
Now to wait until the 17th...

...Haha but I have no choice.. It's ok though, I have a book to write and this is distracting. ;)

huntersangelhuntersangelabout 12 years ago
really appreciated the "filler" chapter!

this was an excellent chapter dw. you gave us so much information in this chapter that i'm actually feeling as if I could survive on panteria. i love the angle you took with regards to jonathon and his brothers. that is so heartwrenching for ciara and evan! and who the heck is this woman (i can't remember her name right now, i think it's harriah). that woman makes me mad, oh and another thing that makes me mad is, the attitude towards families that have had slaves. are these families always going to face discrimination for their pasts? i mean if they are retrained and "conform" to the camps POV, are they "forgiven" and treated like everyone else? or will they always have this black mark hanging over their heads? i simply cannot wait for your next chapter dw!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Next

When will the nest chapter appear

willieonewillieoneabout 12 years ago
I absolutely love this story

You have given us yet another wonderful chapter. I adore Damien and his brothers to bits. I know they will find a way to reunite their family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

now more waiting for the next chapters.. but I know it will be more then worth it!!! thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
STOP MAKING ME CRY!!

I love this story even though right now I have to keep brushing tears away and I can't swallow past the lump in my throat. Totally worth it though. Can't wait 'till the next chapter comes out. I better stock up on tissues whether they be for happy or heartbroken tears.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Love it but would love to see Rachel become a badass independent women!

I would love to see Rachel become independent and brave like whe. She was first taken from earth. While still loving the brothers

sblazer227sblazer227about 12 years ago
love it

i love where you are going with this story. ciara really needs to learn what it means to be free again and then to chose to be with the family. hannah's explanation of her dependence and ignorance, when it comes to taking care of herself, through the meal, was brilliant. ciara has mentioned many times, how the men dont really know what it means for her to no longer be their slave but now thats shes faced with a way to get them to see, shes fearful. if they werent in the camp, and they had learned about jonathan, they would have creamed her for days. great chapter, cant wait for the next.

kiwiplumkiwiplumabout 12 years ago
finally got it

I really didn't understand until Hannah explained it. So well done, just a wonderful tale you're weaving so well-

Cheers

NchantaNchantaabout 12 years ago

RE: anony "stop making me cry", i wholeheartedly agree :'(

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
good show very good

believe it or not I think this could be a movie a real good movie, may have to tone down the sex a bit, please keep writing you have a talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Loving it!

Great progress in the storyline.

The naughty part of me wants Ciara to fall in love with another man...

But I guess she should be devoted to her men.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
a different direction

the last 2 chapters have gone in a different direction than i thought they would, but i suppose it can't be too easy on everyone!! :)

it really irked me in the last chapters how the free men were making decisions for them as much as anyone ever has, but i think i understand it a little better now.

this one was a real tear jerker!!

can't wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Oh, this is just such a wonderfully annoying, enchanting mirror of the exact same interactions we all face in our day to day lives! Only thing is I don't think the sex is quite as spectacular every single time here though ;)

I so want to buy this in print. Hardback, long lasting print!

NicoleAmyNicoleAmyabout 12 years ago
Sob Sob!

i cried - again!! I still find it heart breaking that she is separated from her men, but i get why it has to happen that way. You writing continues to amaze me! I am curious if u have your whole story planned out in your head or if it just comes to you as you go along?

MygypsyMygypsyabout 12 years ago
Awesome

Another great chapter, tugs at the heart strings as always.

I love where you're taking the story and how you manage to explain things as you go.

Waiting anxiously for the next chapter and hopefuly the book?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
More!

If i could rate your series higher than a 5, i would do it in a hearbeat. Keep the story going, I can't wait for more!

bluebird22bluebird22about 12 years ago
I friggin love you...

You know, you can probably get published. I know you're busy with the baby and everything right now but you have the talent. Your stories are amazing and well worth the seven dollars it would cost for me to buy it. Just a little food for thought and praise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Love.

Read all chapters in 2 days... Very addicting.. Very well written... Wish you would Publish ;)

GlosUKGlosUKabout 12 years ago
Smiles and tears

I am happy Ciara and Rose are settling and that the girls are working on reuniting the families and tears at knowing Jonathan is lost to them in reality for know and that the men are not allowed contact.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Compliments

This story is so so so great, it's sexy and emotional and just wonderful. Keep up the good work :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I cried! But I loved it! :)

I could barely read the last page, I was crying so much for her heartache at losing her little baby boy. Excellently written!

Overall, their initiation into this free society makes sense. I think it is a very smart thing to do to re-educate Ciara and her family separately before bringing them back together - which are Hannah's true intentions, and I think that's for the best for all concerned.

I gotta say though, that I loved Ciara's remarks as they removed her slave collar, she really echoed what a lot of readers were thinking. I love her growing fiesty-ness too! I was inwardly thinking 'you go girl!' as I read it! :) lmao. As the old saying goes, 'A whisper is heard above a shout' and I think Ciara get thats. She made her point cooly and the message was understood when Rose's pleas and sobs were ignored.

I do hope she will get back together with her family eventually (after their re-education) - I wonder what a 'wedding' on that planet would be like? Such a notion of 'life-mates' is probably totally alien to them on Pateria.

As a plot note, I must commend you on Damien's comments regarding the calming cream. He honestly thinks he's doing what's right for Ciara by 'taking care of her' but as very rightly pointed out to him, she has a right to her own feelings (whether happy or sad ones) and she also needs to take care of herself. I wonder if the brothers will feel insecure when the day comes when they realise that Ciara doesn't need them to take care of her anymore?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Nearly cried! An amazing story..

So incredible a story and it's really grown over time. I love it so much and honestly think you should get this published -it's incredible!

momz2manymomz2manyabout 12 years ago
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

There arnt words...Evan was going to give up his hair...*sniff* *sniff* How do you not be protective of what you love. I hope the"re-training" doesn't hurt the relationship. How do you tech the guys not to care? Ouch. I still worry about Fiji and her men. Thank you DW that she wasn't a casuality of the big picture. I'm so attached! I'll keep the "Save Fiji" posters yet; but I feel more stable all the way around. I L O V E how she couldn't admit to Hannah n Ra that she was wrong. It reminds me of me. Soon the truth will come out all the way around. I trust you with my heart, DW. 5 stars just arn't enough.

kittycakekittycakeabout 12 years ago
MORE!

My addiction is sated.....for now. When I started this series I had hoped at 31 chapters it was complete. Now I wait and constantly check to see if you've updated! You are truely a visionary.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

All I can say is MY HEART IS BROKEN

wyzrchkwyzrchkabout 12 years ago
wow, tears and more tears, but hope is there!

Thank you for your wonderful story. Please continue, I have hope for a happy ending.

It doesn't matter how many chapters, I am now an eternal fan!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Im soooo Mad

In my opinion, the mark of great story is whether or not it sucks you in.

I've laughed, cried, and recently been seething with rage.

So keep going (maybe get this thing published)

P.S. OMG I dont know if its just me but im so mad that their keeping them apart, I can understand their logic...but that just makes me madder lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
yes I cried

Such an emotional chapter, I was in tears at the end.

Also, finally, Ciara stood up for herself. Love what she said: she'd do what they wanted her to do, go where they wanted her to go, and speak to whom they wanted her to speak to!

I just have to say one thing, there is a lot more Ciara in Hannah than Ciara gives herself credit for. Hannah is considered very wise and a natural leader and Ciara seems to give all the credit for this to Damien. Sure he's the reason Hannah is a great fighter (and probably her temper), but for the one family to be in such awe of her, that is all Ciara's influence.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I just wanted to say how much I adore this story!

You're an absolutely amazing author, and you have an incredible imagination. I look forward to reading this series all the time and they can't come fast enough for me! I keep wanting to reach into my laptop and smack the "free" men silly! I can't believe how long it took for Ciara and Rose to be able to choose their own names. I also hate how often they tell the girls that they're now free, yet won't let them choose to see their men, surely if they were really free they'd be able to do that. I completely disagree with the criticism that Ciara is weak or an idiot, at the end of the day how else is she able to deal with the situation? She seems quite believable to me, her whole life has been turned inside out, and now she's having to cope with so many losses. Thank you so much for continuing to write during your pregnancy, you might not think its a big deal, but I honestly appreciate it so much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
i...

i dont know if i want to cry, praise, or scream. i started to cry with cara about johnathan. those poor men are going to have to see that we as people-human beings have to deal with our emotions and that we can still be whole and sane even without help. :) (i mean the creams by-the-way.) i am really looking forward to how you are going to have them work on being together and changing what the others think. post soon!! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
more

Hi DW. Hope ur pregnancy's progressing well. Seems to me the protagonists just exchanged one slavery for another. I think I preferred the situation where the men catered to ciara. All the pampering sounds nice. I hated tHe enforced breeding and the group sex and the thw slavery by Nureeh. I like the idea of payback though.

You are a wonderful author. Thanks for sharing.

I look forward to the next installment. odessalfa@yahoo.com.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great story

OMG....I can't stand the suspense waiting for the families to be together again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Pure Agony

I *almost* cant bare to readthe agony she must be feeling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

This story just keeps getting stronger and stronger; unlike a lot of the stories on here this captures the human feelings perfectly. I felt so sorry for her, you described the heart break perfectly.

I can understand the camps thinking about Damien and his brothers, but it is so annoying not seeing them together like they should be; however I still can't drag myself away from the chapters. Post soon, can't wait for the next one. xx

nicintasnicintasabout 12 years ago
Finally !!!

Finally she stands up for herself strongly enough to make an impact! I'm glad she is going to keep her name, Rose too.

IlyraIlyraabout 12 years ago
I love this story!

I have been reading this story for months... originally stumbled across this as a "Top rated story here" when I was looking for a quality, entertaining story that occasionally you can find here from the rare brilliant writer. I certainly found that to be true with this story... and then some. The story is epic in its length, and no less brilliant in its creativity or the intensity of how in-depth the characterizations and world development are. Your ability to grasp and portray human emotion is phenomenal, I have truly run the emotional gamut with this story and am not embarrassed to say I have laughed, cried, and been so fully engrossed in your words that I have many a sleepless nights of reading to attribute to this tale. I took a break for a few months as life was so busy I didn't have time for anything non-work related, and was delighted upon returning to find more chapters available. As always, these new chapters have been as high quality as ever, and truly engrossing. I love the twists you put in, the realism of how no one is perfect, not even the "free life". Congratulations, I am definitely hooked! Overall, a remarkable job and I look forward to the rest of the tale! As for your pregnancy, may your child be "strong and free" female or male ; )

Gamergirl10Gamergirl10about 12 years ago
I love it!

I keep checking the website every day for updates even though you say they are a week away. I love this story, so much that I get so emotional about it. I know Ciara will find a way to convince the other females that her men are her Brothers, not owners anymore. I just hope Damien and his brothers will figure it out, too! I nearly cried when she was watching Jonathan, and then was given the picture of her little boy... just so sad and motherly. I love it! Keep up the phenomenal work!!

utocelutocelabout 12 years ago
Brilliant

I am absolutely addicted to this story! I agree with my fellow readers that the story line keeps getting stronger. You have such a command when using descriptive words to paint a picture of this alien world and the emotions of daily life. It is with great anticipation I look for the next chapter!

momz2manymomz2manyabout 12 years ago
I don't know what I want!

Part of my heart waits patiently for the other rescued families and future rescued famlies to speak out for Damian and his brothers. It should come out how they fought for Ciara to look at men in the eye, feeding herself, and sitting casuailly on furnature. They deserve to be publicly congraduated for doing what was unheard of at the compound not hated.

Part of me wants the men to suffer a little for the times when they didn't even pretend to believe what she was saying even when she was proved right EVERY TIME, and the next time they didn't believe her again. I was livid when Christof accused her of wanting the attention of the men that gave her the tablet from the girls. A little vendication would feel good.

Part of me thinks she will have to earn her right to mate and thus take the dominate female role to be with the men or that both girls will have to prove themselves as members of the community and that will lead to them being able to be with the men in a traditional Patarian roll.

Part of me feels like Nu-Reeh is NEVER going to give up and let Ciara go and eventually Ciara will either earn her freedom or be recaptured. Will it come down to Tosu? Where does the beautiful Dinah stand?

Part of me feels like the earth girls will be very popular in the new compound and the men that have grown to love them will have a very hard time with ANY attention the girls get and it would be so hard to become stable men without the constant feeling they want to fight for the women.

The rest of me knows that I never have this story pegged; and whatever happens will not be what I spent all my time mulling over. I love it. Thanks DW, your work is amazing and I love every sentnce. Thank you to Steve150177 for making my addiction go down smoothly. I am lucky to be one of the real slaves. Don't end this too quickly!

LadySilverBellsLadySilverBellsabout 12 years ago
An eye opening experience

Wow, I love this chapter, the lush descriptions of the true Paterian world, how this new "free" society operates, the trials that poor Ciara, Rose and their men must now go through. And poor Ciara not having her men with her to experience this new world. And all capped off by the heartbreak of seeing Jonathan being made to forget Ciara and Evan and the rest and knowing he won't be rescued for a long while.

Now at seeing the true sterility of the men's compound in comparison to the lush real world, we really see how much faith the women must have had in the men's abilities. What must the men be thinking? They spent their whole lives patroling the wilderness only to discover they lived in a park.

All throughout the previous chapters we discover that Damien and his brothers are the best at what they do (Damien's the leader, Bane's the strongest, Christof's the fastest, Kein's the tracker, and Evan tastes things) let's hope the new society can realize and utilize this despite their bias towards the "slavers".

RukaTurtleRukaTurtleabout 12 years ago

Im so in love with all the characters! This is such an awesome story, if when it is finished and you made a kindle book of it I would most definitly buy it! Your other story aswell! You should consider it im sure others would be interested.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I wonder

I wonder if the admins and others will be shocked to find out that she has bonded mentally with the men? I wonder if Hannah knows that although she bonded with her father and brothers during her gestation? And NuRe what will she think when she finds out that she can not only feel the bonds of the boys as they are made in the womb, but could bond with the father's of her children and their brothers when she is expecting a female?

Very interesting and nice story about turning our society upside down and looking at it.

jamac1024jamac1024about 12 years ago
brilliant!!!

brilliant...just brilliant!!! you are a star DW....and hopefully you do get published and soon!

one thing though, for your next story i truly and respectfully wish it doesn't have any group sex in it? LOL....i know it is integral in this story and also justified in your first but as someone who isn't into it (but still a HUGE fan of your writing), is it possible you write a story without any group sex in it?

Love4wordsLove4wordsabout 12 years ago
This is great

Becauseci always thought Ciara still acted Like a slaveeven though her slavers allowed 'freedom'. Now I am glad somebodies forcing her to take steps into true freedom. It's pike tryin to help a frien get off of drugs. They don't like it but you have to take it away from them.

SurprisingMyselfSurprisingMyselfabout 12 years ago
Gut wrenching

Please Doctor Wolf, please let her get her baby boy back. There. I did it. I begged. It was so difficult watching her as she followed Jonathon mouthing "mommy and daddy?" and then it got less and less. I bawled along with her. And poor Evan. I was grateful that they allowed all of the men to see Jonathon and that they can continue to enter the film center whenever they want to see him. I understood the thinking behind keeping the boys in their groups given the all important linkage, but rescue them all then. The other female breeders didn't seem to have a problem letting go. Oh DW - you're just killing me here. I can't imagine you could have been more gut wrenching then with the "simple" scenes where Jonathon was asking for his mommy and daddy and distracted to forget them as his mommy and daddy watched. I bet you were sobbing as you wrote those.

Another BRILLIANT chapter. So much about it that I loved. These chapters come back to me constantly throughout the week. 5 stars and favorite as always. But as ET would say, "O-u-ch."

QueenSparrowQueenSparrowabout 12 years ago
Inconsistency concerning Rue's family.

I love the story, but I am a bit confused about Rue and his family. THEY TRIED TO RAPE CIARA. They tried to use her for her purpose when she was pregnant with Hannah and that is why Hannah was born premature. Why are they free to roam around exploding things? It is ridiculous. They also treated her as a slave in my opinion, they hit her and demeaned her. They labeled her as non-existent which in my opinion is worse than a slave! Wouldn't Kennedy know through their bond that this happened? I am just seething with rage right about now.

Rue and his family are too smart for their own good! They are a danger to the camp and their way of life! They are also far too opinionated and narcissistic they believe they are better than everyone else. Watch them try to enslave the women.

This is my first comment on the story as I have just read it from the beginning.. but if someone took my husband, the father of my childeren away from me, like they did Damien and his family I would not be able to function. I would not be able to stomach anything. Ciara in my opinion is very strong willed in this manner but she needs to stand for her men more.

Can't wait to read more! Thank you for this wonderful story!

Curiously_LookingCuriously_Lookingabout 12 years ago
To QueenSparrow

You're mistaking two different families. It wasn't Rue who tried to rape her. It was Runen. Runen and his brothers were her tutors in the mountains and they were the ones who demeaned and assaulted her. And then the women tortured them for the assault, so I don't think there will be any escaping for them. Rue and his brothers could care less about slaves and never made a sexual move toward Ciara at all. Just wanted to clear that up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Icanhardlywait

This comment is for all the chapters so far. I may not be a critic, but I know

what I like. BRAVO!!!!! Keep em coming.

123udontknowme123udontknowmeabout 12 years ago
To Curiously_Looking

Actually, in Ch 14, it states Rue and his brothers as Ciara's fake Masters. Same name from this chapter. They were to deal with the aliens that visited the planet (i think, or someone said they would do well there). I suppose they wandered through the caves until their lock of a wall intrigued them enough to leave the women. I just worry oh how they will react AFTER they see Ciara. They are not honest men. D:

MasterspetflickaMasterspetflickaabout 12 years ago
Fiery temper

Maybe it is just my natural vinegar, but I think once Ciara gets that sword in her hands these closed minded 'free men' will learn something about the rath of a human ;D. I understand she needs to learn more about her new world but I have not seen enough of that anger she has shown before... I think I will enjoy it! Just a few punches and slaps and a tiny slash here and there never hurt anyone! :) Rose might get some vim and vigor too I hope!

Curiously_LookingCuriously_Lookingabout 12 years ago
To 123udontknowme

I'm not saying that Rue and his brothers weren't her fake masters. I'm saying they were not her tutors. They weren't the ones who tried to rape her and who hit her while she was pregnant. That was Runen and his brothers. They are introduced in Ch. 14 on pg. 2. They haven't been heard of again since we learned that they were tortured after Hannah was born. Rue and his brothers are introduced as her "fake" masters way back at the end of Ch. 9. They mostly complained about the time and expense of keeping a slave and put her in that box in the wall to sleep. They were kinda negligent in their care of Ciara, but not abusive.

PussyMonsterAttackPussyMonsterAttackabout 12 years ago
I'm in love with this story

I hope you can somehow publish this into a book. I would absolutely LOVE to have a physical copy.

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 12 years ago
I don't know how I missed this chapter!

I checked several times but didn't see it. At least I only have a few days till the next chapter!!

Hannah and Kennedy are powerful but I understand that they can't force the free men and women to treat Ciara and the men differently. I hope Ciara keeps forcing the administrators to realize that they are enslaving her as much as the men did. At least she can keep her name now. Yes, she could learn to be more independent but she would adjust better with the guys. All they would need was some guidance when they mis-stepped.

It's completely irrational to believe that you don't have to protect and care for your equals. In fairness, equality should mean that everyone gets what they need to thrive, not that everyone gets treated exactly the same. If everyone gets what they need to meet their full potential, that that is fair and in that way, they are treated equally.

There are a few people that I consider my equals that are not as strong or able as me in one way or another. I still protect them and don't look down on them for it. Humans are weaker than Paterians. It's a fact. They're not as strong, they can't stand the elements, they get sick and emotional far more easily. Ciara acknowledges her weaknesses and the men will come to acknowledge her strengths; curiosity, resilience, determination. That's equality. That's living in harmony. Not allowing family to protect weaker family members is dumb.

I see where you are going with this, but I find the recent chapters very frustrating and upsetting. No revolution is easy or without setbacks but it seems that the free people are very set in their ways, very rigid and not at all the rational thinkers they are purported to be. I hope change comes quickly. This is still two steps back from the 'slavery' she had before.

123udontknowme123udontknowmeabout 12 years ago
To Curiously_Looking

Very true. Sorry, my mistake. I better reread the chapters once more (which I will enjoy doing). :D

DoctorWolfDoctorWolfabout 12 years agoAuthor
OOPS

Thanks for the correction regarding Rue/ Runen. I've been a little under the weather. I should have used names that were more "different". Rue was in the compound. Runen in the mountains. Thank you!

DW

SiesumiSiesumiabout 12 years ago
Wow!

Holy cow! I'm so addicted to this series. I want to read more about what happens! I hope you have enough time and energy after the tax season for another episode. You are a truly creative, amazing writer

wordlover11wordlover11about 12 years ago
awesome

I can't believe the awesome level the story keeps at, after all these chapters we still can't get enough!! You are amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Amazing as usual!

Well I am a huge fan and this is my first comment. First of all, when this is finished, you need to post it on Amazon Kindle. Someone commented in the beginning chapters that your writing stands up with the likes of the great late Anne McCaffery and her dragonriders of Pern. I agree.

As for adding my two cents here, I agree with others in the hopes that Damien and the brothers eventually get commended on how they stood out against slavery before. And I also think that the use of the calming cream isn't any different than a Valium or Xanax. And if I was just told that I wasn't going to have and hold and raise my son, I would certainly need a bunch of them pills, lol. I think that what Damien was offering was truly just comfort, as the men really do know her very well. I also think that the women are less sensitive in general, so even though Ciara clearly needs to toughen up and learn to take care of herself, she also needs to speak up about her emotional needs. The women don't get emotionally attached to their offspring like humans do, and I hope the men can convince the girls that they weren't trying to treat her like an orchid even though they had done so in the past. And although it is hard to watch, this time away from each other is necessary for all of them to grow. I eagerly await the remaining chapters. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
great chapter again BW!

fascinating to read about Pateria and variations compared to earth. naturally there is drama for ciara in this new part of the world but everyone is adjusting bit by bit. thank you BW :)

IsanaIsanaabout 12 years ago
AAAAHHHHH

One chapter left till I finish my marathon. 8|

littlemisscaseylittlemisscaseyalmost 12 years ago
Excellent

I have been reading this story as time allows (I work in academia and have a toddler to boot lol) for most of the time you've been writing it. I agree that you should format this for kindle and make some dollars off of it :)

Your writing is far better than a lot of other erotic authors who ARE on amazon. There are moments when the characters seem a little two dimensional (especially the men), but this is an EXCELLENT start and you should absolutely continue writing! You have a gift for story telling and your "plot line chapters" are just as page turning as (and sometimes more so than) the erotic ones.

kris10ekris10ealmost 12 years ago
omg!

That was a hard one for me!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Glad I kept faith...

This story is getting good again, and I'm glad. When the revolution started I thought it was going to be a quick, dull path to happily ever after. By doing the exact opposite of what everyone wants to happen, you're keeping us reading.

shortydeeshortydeealmost 12 years ago
OMG!!!!

Not happy about Rose and her family. Ciara needs her family as well. They have been doing everything to get free even putting themselves at risk. Why could they have not been together to learn how to live free. I hope that the women get their familys back real soon!!!!!

kris10ekris10ealmost 12 years ago
It is still so very hard....

I cry like a baby each time I read this chapter, I want to fight, scream, and defend Ciara and the brothers...their family. There are so many contradictions with evryone in thos community, that it pisses me off!! Damn I swear this is only a fiction....lol!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Grrr!!!

I'm in page 2 and I'm really dreading this chapter... I'm doing my best to get through it. I'm so tempted to just skip the next two pages... Hahaha. I'm just getting so annoyed with everyone. As of right now this is my least favorite chapter. :( I miss the boyssss! Where are Hannah and Kennedy!?!?! It's just a very frustrating chapter. :/

But I do have to thank you for all of tour amazing work. I'm obsessing over your two series. I'm breeding through everything so quickly! I can't stop reading! So determined to catch up to the latest chapter! :) ~<3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Danggg...

So I'm on the next Page... I'm now that liking Hannah right now either... Hahahahah! Many of these things come from innocence! Idk I love this story and all but man I really can not wait for them to get over this rough patch. It's driving me crazy.... But once again thanks for all the hard work you two! :) ~ < 3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Have been reading your story for 3 days-- hard to stop. Excellently written!

Seems to me Ciara and her brothers have traded one master for another- the "free men" are not allowing her to make her own decisions..

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Ugh, those assholes are so hypocritical. I can't wait till' everything is back to "normal".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
its hurts...

I understand that they need to change... I'm forcing my self to get through the chapter, but I cringe and feel deeply sad. I want them to stay together. I hope everything becomes better for everyone soon

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Grr...

At least I'm not the only addict to this story who is pissed off at these high-and-mighty administrators. How blind are they? Do they really not see that their treatment is nearly as bad as in the compounds? Sure, the women are "free," but they still have to do what they're told or face the consequences. So damn frustrating. Which means that it is extremely well written, so yay. But also grr.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Needs a review, I think...

As the author, you left out the most obvious course of action to the women, or even the three families of 'slavers'. All they had to do was make a stand and demand that those claiming that they have been freed, explain to them the difference between the slavery of the compound to the conditions of the communist hippies.

And it is what you have here, communism - an ideal of a classless, moneyless community where resources or food are distributed based on need and not individual gain.

So Ciarra should have thrown a tantrum, stating that her lack of rights to see Damien and the Brothers still kept her a slave to the camp's rules, she should at least have tried to make that argument.

CaedyCaedyalmost 12 years ago
GRAH!

Addicted. This story is crack. Seriously.

Also, I want to kick the administrators in the head. They are hypocritical and annoying as hell. They are almost as bad as what was going in the compounds to begin with.

Oh, you are free, but you still have to do as you are told....That doesn't make sense.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
re: Needs a review, I think...

A careful reading would reveal that this point was actually argued, and was why Ciara and Rose were allowed to keep their slave names.

I am kinda digging that the revolutionaries are communist hippies. I'm no fan of this sort of authoritarian council communism in the real world, but I'm not exactly here for cogent political discourse. It's just nice to see a writer not deep-throating capitalism.

No gods, no masters; no doms, no subs! XD

HotmessHotmessover 11 years ago
Umm sort of confusing but very well written!

I am confused how Hannah, Kennedy, and there little followers say they are free but the treat them as if they are slaves. They seemed to have more freedom before. Very good story though.

wishmelycanwishmelycanover 11 years ago
......

I understand what the freemen are trying to do but it still hurts. At the same time Damien and his family were so different that its hard gor people to understand. I miss little johnathan. Please give him back.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous