All Comments on 'A Space Oddity'

by Maonaigh

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
Shaima32Shaima32over 5 years ago
Brilliant

This should be a radio play, seriously. It's crude, lewd and hilariously funny, you've created a world that is a grand satirical version of the worlds of space opera and spy thrillers. It kind of reminded me of Spaceballs because of the many tropes thrown into the mix. Well done and I'm looking forward to more adventures of Double ooh eleven and Felice, perhaps Nobody Comes Twice Except Me?

MoondogAUMoondogAUover 5 years ago
Great fun. Hitchhikers guide meets Thunderball.

Always love your writing, and this is just great fun for those that grew up with the Space and Spy genre films and stories. Thanks.

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 5 years ago
Excellent as always.

You had me rolling with the myriad of the puns and little references that were slipped in throughout. And the Sweary Bot was just precious. Now for a sequel ... You Only Lick Twice? For Your Tongue Only?

What a sechsy way to start my day!

YourLinkYourLinkover 5 years ago
Another winner!

Yes, a little detour (albeit excellent) from your usual romance. I enjoyed all the references to Ian Flemings works. I experienced more than one chuckle at the antics of Jamie and Felice. I hope to read more of their adventures in the future.

gnome_mangnome_manover 5 years ago
Amazingly Funny Story!

I just about laughed my ass off. There were so many jokes and puns and... everything in this story. So many references to James Bond and to a bunch of old Sci-Fi stories that really made me roll in the aisles.

It was such a funny story!

TrueMortTrueMortover 5 years ago
And the winner of the most movie quotes is...

So loved this. absolutely golden (gun)

I honestly didn't stop laughing all the way through.

and seriously sexy to boot :)

possibly my favourite story of the year

certainly your very best story by a mile

VyresOfTheArtVyresOfTheArtover 5 years ago
😃

Hahaha perfect. Loved it from beginning to end. There were loads of humor and action and hot sexy sex! Everything that can greatly benefit a story.

careythomascareythomasover 5 years ago
So cunning, you can put a tail on it and call it a fox!

Bravo!!! I was absolutely delighted by this romp of a story. Well done!!

stroudlestroudleover 5 years ago
Brilliant

I was grinning from start to finish. Funny, sexy and a saucy little plot twist.

You really let your imagination run wild on this one, for which I say a big Thank you.

I want a Megacomf sex-sofa and Double Oooh Eleven to go with it would be nice too, please.

Thank you

kozostorieskozostoriesover 5 years ago
Great Fun

I really enjoyed your story. Loved the fun references to another genre of stories - Em, Kew, and laughed out loud at the Sechs Drive!

Well done, write more like this!

AnonymousWriter244AnonymousWriter244over 5 years ago
Science Fiction Golden Age with a twist

Space opera at its finest! Or Bond comedy? Either way a delightful voyage to the past. You seem to have caught the escence of that Age while adding a sexy twist (I don't know why but 1968's movie 'Barbarella' comes to mind. The 60's are back Baby!).

JodiHutchinsJodiHutchinsover 5 years ago
Kickass

Oh, this was awesome. I didn’t know what to expect at first. The humor and wit were perfect and I couldn’t stop reading once I started. Also, I need a fucking Sweary bot, damn it!

vanmyers86vanmyers86over 5 years ago
What a fun read!

This is the first of your stories I have read, and I really enjoyed it! The classic sci-fi and spy fiction references made me smile, and in general, the story was a delightful and funny romp. Not everyone can write humor, but you have a deft touch.

Thanks for writing this one!

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54almost 4 years ago

OMG!

I loved it. I laughed out loud at this. Thanks for telling this tale.

redpoppiesredpoppiesover 2 years ago

Delightfully ridiculous!

DessertmanDessertmanalmost 2 years ago

Excellent, it was great fun, I love your imagination!

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

That was bonded close to, mmmmh some disney characters? No catain black beard and captain sparroow, mmmmh not sure ...... It doesn't matter, have been watching or reading about a bond and kew, may pornstars ...... So this was funny and made me smile , fab entertaining

🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀💄

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMaonaigh@Maonaigh
I've been writing semi-pro since the 1960s, most of my stories falling under the blanket heading of weird tales. However, I'd written nothing for 5-6 years because my wife was very ill and disabled and care for her was my priority. Some months after her death in December 2013 ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES