All Comments on 'A State of Grace Pt. 04'

by carbinemaster

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
TJSkywindTJSkywindover 6 years ago
You provided me with an exciting evening

Nicely edited and way too short. The only criticism is -- I hate cliffhangers!

Thank you for sharing! Family first, writing second. Just don't stop writing. You're good at it. 5* Slainté

sabra16023sabra16023over 6 years ago
Another Outstanding Chapter.

One of my favorite reads, Thanks

JadestoyJadestoyover 6 years ago
Holiday wishes as well

you cant kill off kevin.......

Captain_FapulusCaptain_Fapulusover 6 years ago
Playing with my heart more than the whole festive turkey

As much as I hate cliffhangers I have to admit this one does strike my interest quite a bit, not like the story needed it but I'm not complaining that I'm thinking of starting to bite my nails once more. The story did transform a lot since Grace took over the narrative steering wheel and now delivers so much more than just a siblings romance. I'm a sucker for action thrillers and since Crystal warned them things might get hasty I prepared myself for some serious action but not nearly enough for this level not the pace at which it's going forward - keep it up!

Another great aspect is the personal growth of Kevin & Grace as well as their relationship, the small things like having a quiet day or playing around with Kayla show how much they care & love each other and it only grows. The decision to have a baby isn't one made lightly in such a relationship and it was heartwarming to see Kevin being on board, though the moment might be getting to him a bit.

In the end I happy gave it a 5* and hopefully the next one isn't far behind. The family takes precedence however so take care of them and spend some quality time together before you even think of writing more. And of course I wis for more after this part of the story concludes, we need to see a conclusion to the whole uncle affair, see them raise a family and maybe get that wedding in somehow just to see how the family takes it.......you know there's a lot to cover ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Phew!

Excellent story telling! Left on the edge of my seat yet again! Looking forward to the next chapters.

I think a 3 page next chapter ( if it is the last one) will appear to be rushed and not quite in keeping with the pace of the rest of this fine tale, so please at least another 2 chapters!

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Please finish

Please finish the story and please don't kill off Kevin.

tjb50caltjb50calover 6 years ago
too soon to end a great story

do not kill off kevin please, do not ruin a great story.

the loose ends need to be told......who is after them now and why..etc...dirty fbi or fakes etc....

grace and kevin need to become parents.

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
What a cliffhanger!

More please!

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 6 years ago
You and Your Cliffhangers!

Geez .... good story. Seemed too short, but guess your cliffhanger makes a good and logical stopping point. I just don't have to like it :p Can't wait for the next installment. Will we meet the conspirators? Will this portion only barely cover this conspiracy and another make it better. To be honest, I hope you dont rush it and allow a few more chapters in it. There is so much potential for these characters and the storyline.

asr3asr3over 6 years ago
Please dont

Sudden end seems out of place. All comments to date are negative

As is mine. Sorry but I didn't expect this from a Canadian

thedayafterthedayafterover 6 years ago

Love the series and can't wait for the concluding chapter. You can't let Kevin die that would be to awful for such a great series.

OrthopodeOrthopodeover 6 years ago
Please stop getting Kevin shot

Poor chap is going to get PTSD or permanently disabled if you aren't careful and he is much too good a man for that. It would upset Grace terribly as well

Turtle1952Turtle1952over 6 years ago
No NO NO

you can't let Kevin die, PLEASE let him live and he and Gracie can make some babies and live happily together raising their family. Great series though. Keep going.

CplBlogginsCplBlogginsover 6 years ago
I LOVE THIS SERIES!

Please keep going. I rarely comment. This is one of the best story lines I've ever read.

Ryanx360Ryanx360over 6 years ago
keep going

this story can go on to a third sequel!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Kevin and Grace

You wondered why people comment as anonymous... There are some who could lose big time if our name appeared anywhere near this website. So any comment has to be done without any paper trail. Therefore we remain anonymous. Good story by the way. Read it almost straight through. Could not put it down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

You have a great writing skill. Wow we need more

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I can't see

ending this story and all the loose ends without the next chapter being considerably

longer than the usual three pages. I am not ready for it to end. but I'm not the author and won't complain. another chapter, or six, or a third in the series would be much appreciated.

AbrahamlickinAbrahamlickinover 6 years ago
Incredible performance

Great story i hate to see you finish it so soon. You could keep this a good running story. These 2 could have a lot of adventures together.

PrinceLukePrinceLukeover 4 years ago
Damn

Another amazing chapter, we can all see why Gracie fell for him lol. saved her life 3 times now. Damn, Love this this story.

PrinceLukePrinceLukeover 3 years ago
3rd read

It’s amazing how you write a story this good while working, taking Care of your family and the rest. Amazing job

mrdata9770mrdata9770about 3 years ago

Suspense, intrigue, danger a firefight in the park. Where’s the FBI’s response team? Bring Crystal back. This is so great, I wish there were more chapters. Oh yes, and I also really detest Kelly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. However, I don't see how you can wrap it up in one chapter. without it being rushed. Please continue this story until it reaches a good and satisfactory conclusion. Maybe another series with these characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He's a bit accident prone is our Kevin. How many times has he been to hospital with an injury or a wound.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Crystal's words about how flawed the world is and how so many terrible people escape justice is sad but so true. Quite depressing really. And the fact of the matter is, it's been that way for as far back as any of us can remember, perhaps to the earliest days of civilization. It's always about power and control. Those with it seek to abuse it for their own ends. Not everyone mind you; but most, and more often than not, it's those with the tendency for such behaviours that end up in that position. Ah, such is life. All you can really do is try to make the best of things and live the best life you can.

It's amazing just how strongly you can feel the depth of their devotion and love for one another, in those few tender moments that are interspersed between the plot with Trent and his sick businesses. A lot of stories are over-the-top with all the sex and love and even then most of them fail to capture anything close to this. I guess less really is more, when done right, at least.

After that beautiful scene with Kevin, Grace and Kayla, where they were treating her like a daughter, I got this horrible thought in my head: "Crystal is going to end up dying or something really bad like that, and Kayla will be taken in by them." I really hope I'm wrong, but the foundations for that plot development are there. My mind tends to expect the worst; I think it's a defence mechanism that's evolved from my experiences, to protect from disappointment.

That whole gunfight scene in the park was tense. Once again Kevin had to kill to protect himself and Grace. Guy just can't catch a break. Even took a bullet for his troubles, too. That cliffhanger, he better not be dead, I swear...

I hope this series continues into a 3rd. Maybe call it Grace Under Pressure, and it's about her life as a mother and balancing her career, while still finding the time to love and be loved by her hero, Kevin. And I'm sure you can think of some interesting plot to weave it into, liked you've done so far. I haven't read the remaining few chapters yet, so maybe some of that has already been done. Just an idea.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous