All Comments on 'A State of Grace Pt. 07'

by carbinemaster

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
Captain_FapulusCaptain_Fapulusover 5 years ago
Jumped the shark alright but for the right cause

Yeah I'll admit that I enjoyed this chapter a lot more than the usual reader should but then again I deal with this kind of stuff on a daily basis. Jumping the shark might be a bit tough a description for this since it's a fundamental piece of the puzzle that brings the past to light so adequate action can be taken and that the story can go on for all involved parties. Jack proved to be a very loving and capable man that deserves the love he has and then some, his father on the other hand deserves a hot rod in his ass by Satan daily for the stuff he did, the Dragon guy might still be a played in the future of the series but at least now we know who the antagonist is and where and in what form the danger could come from. Having a chapter like this from time to time is what makes a series great and drives the story and characters forward while giving us something to look forward that is unscripted.

Thanks for posting this and as always I gave it a well deserved 5*!

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 5 years ago
Thanks

A grim little tale indeed, but helpful. And, I totally understand about having to be careful about guidelines. For what it's worth, you did a fine job.

I may have missed it, but I didn't recall Crystal in the first set of stories, and she appeared rather full-fledged in the second set, with no real explanation as how she arrived into their lives. I may have to go back and re-read the first chapter again.

In any event, thank you for sharing. 5* Slainté

twistidmonkeytwistidmonkeyover 5 years ago
I think this chapter was needed

I'm only gonna speak for myself and say that this chapter was some what hard to read but was need to explain who Trent was as a person and who helped him in his sick plans. I hope that we don't have to endure another chapter like this but saying all that i love this series and hope you keep writing and at some point we get back to the warm hearted story this was and Kevin and grace not fighting to stay alive.

again love this series and you are a great writer keep up the good work and hope to see a new chapter soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Pleased to finally see this chapter, hope to be able to read lots more in the future. Thanks for all your work writing this, does Kevin join the FBI or other service?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent

In the vivid imagination of my mind, I can't help seeing Trent actor Kurtwood Smith, in the light of his evil character "Clarence Boddicker" from Robocop.

Most of you know him as Red Foreman from That '70's Show.

Ky2030Ky2030over 5 years ago
Dark within Light within Dark

You've taken a Genre that quite often is just a "Should i fuck my family" "yep" and wham bam thank you mum. And told a vivid, real world accounting of the trials that those people face. Not to mention having the world move around them. I think that the joyful moment you have given us and will undoubtedly give us again are well balanced by the darker moments that you have shared in chapters like this

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love the series

Been a fan since first story. This has everything needed for a good story. Please continue. Look forward to next installment.

nycsireadernycsireaderover 5 years ago
Hard but needing read

Love this story, I can only hope everyone connected to such horrible things meet with an equally just end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Loving it.

Need more i can never get enough of your fine creative writing. Keep em coming please!

JagnagJagnagover 5 years ago
Truly a gift

You have a real talent that you should exploit to the highest poisble ends... go on write a book, get it publshed, smash hit 1000% 👍🏾

Thankyou

Clancy31015Clancy31015over 5 years ago
What's next?

Will a new part be published before or after June 2019? You usually take the first months of the year out of sight of publishing stories, so can we expect another batch this year in June?

SAV12SAV12about 5 years ago
KEEP GOING

I HOPE THIS STORY KEEPS FLOWING FROM YOUR PEN. IT'S A VERY VERY GOOD STORY AND IT SHOULD CONTINUE.

PrinceLukePrinceLukeover 4 years ago
Wow... Just Wow...

This chapter was a real insight into everything. The ztory is brilliantly done and i hope you either continue the series or start a new part to it. I have no idea why but i dont like Crsytal being with Jack for some reason... I liked the story arc with Crystal, Kevin, Grace And The Daughter. For some reason it just spoke to me.!?

Clancy31015Clancy31015over 4 years ago
Where in the world is CarbineMaster?

It's been a while, when can we expect something new out of this author, it's been great so far...

agelmar101agelmar101over 4 years ago
Dark times...

Hi CM,

You did warn us this be dark chapter and I totally agree, but can understand the need for it to be told. Just hoping your planning on writing more stories/chapters in Kevin & Grace's stories.

Loving the whole story, and cant blame me for wanting more :)

SAV12SAV12about 4 years ago
WISH

I WISH THIS STORY HAD A SEQUEL EVEN IF THE AUTHOR WON'T DO IT. HOW BOUT ONE OF YOU AUTHORS PICT UP THE BATON AND DO US A FAVOR?

PrinceLukePrinceLukeover 3 years ago
3rd read

Amazing series and amazing story. When do we get more?

newly50newly50over 3 years ago

I have never ever written to an author on Literotica but I felt a need to write to you. I love every step of the way with Kevin and Grace. Way to go!

mrdata9770mrdata9770about 3 years ago

When I started reading this second series of Kevin’s and Grace’s story I was pleasantly surprised by the shift to Grace’s perspective. I thought to myself “Cool, now Grace gets equal time” since the first series focused more on Kevin and his relationship with Grace. Grace was no longer just a college student, she was someone who would start her career as a psychologist in a few months. I was also pleasantly surprised by the addition of mystery and suspense to the story. But while this series was mostly an entertaining read I felt that it diverged too far away from the primary them of a romance between Star crossed lovers (With cool erotic moments.). I was hoping to see more of how their relationship would adapt and change with the influence of new and different characters stepping into and out of their lives as they struggle to reach their happily ever after. But at times it felt more like a mystery novel or an action hero movie, which was entertaining but not what I was expecting. I gave every chapter five stars except for the last “Jack’s story”. I almost rated it as 1 star but then I realized that it actually met the standard of the average Literotica story. I just felt that it was a disjointed, harsh, and forced ending to an otherwise entertaining series. If I can use the metaphor of a ball-peen hammer being used on a tac. It also left Kevin and Grace hanging out there in limbo which these to wonderful characters did not deserve.

mrdata9770mrdata9770about 3 years ago

Oh, I almost forgot, I REAALLLYYYYY HATE Kelly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

we/I want more ...When can we look forward to more??

Loved the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another good read. Loved this as much as "My Saving Grace". I hope there is more to come

Aussie1951Aussie19518 months ago
Great story

But surely that can’t be it, there’s plenty more to this story

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

As I read, I had to take a deep breath between each time I pressed the page down key to scroll further. I knew it was coming. Something horrible and dark. I just had to try and brace myself for it each time as I never really knew when it would hit. When it did, I still wasn't ready.

I had to pause after reading a bit of that scene with the judge and his daughter. Honestly I thought I was going to throw up. I had no idea a story could have that effect on me. "What the actual fuck?" I thought. To do such a thing to your own goddamn daughter, against her will, to abuse and violate her like some animal - someone you are meant to love more than life itself - in such a cruel way... fuck, it makes my blood boil. The story keeps pushing the limit of what I think is the most evil and fucked up someone can be. Took me some time to gather my bearings but I read on. I thought to myself I'm going to regret this, aren't I? But damn that part of me that just had to know. The one silver lining on the cloud of abuse these victims suffer is that they don't have any memory of it. At least they can live a normal life without those horrifying thoughts invading their lives. Unfortunately, Crystal suffered worse and she had to live with it. Truly one of the strongest people there is. Her Titanic moment was hilarious - a welcome bit of humour in this very dark chapter.

Thankfully, he was able to rescue Elizabeth in the end (at least as far as we're told), but at great cost to himself. Jack really is a selfless hero. There was so much to unpack in this chapter. So much horrible stuff that so many people did. We really need a nice happy chapter after this, please! I hope you're still writing more for this series.

I can understand your wife's/editor's inability to go through this. It's truly fucked up stuff that happened to those people. I only made it through myself simply because I had to know all the details and see where things were going. But it wasn't easy. No doubts I'll have this shit on my mind for quite some time. But that's just a testament to your solid writing :) Keep it up please!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous