All Comments on 'A Striking Resemblance'

by Bebop3

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
Baldy74Baldy746 months ago

Just amazing. Thank you.

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurer6 months ago

I simply love the Pueblo universe and I can't wait for what's next.

Smiffy69Smiffy696 months ago

Love the Pueblo world and characters. Good length as well, time to develop the people and the story line. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Terrific story. I'm not sure if I've read everything you've written - but I have read a lot of them & enjoyed them all.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Simply Outstanding!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

awsome read .will you reinstall ths stories you pulled.???? they would make a GREAT SERIES.

Wh00sherWh00sher6 months ago

One of the best writers on here. Superb.

Paiger123Paiger1236 months ago

Your writing is just beautiful. I love the characters you create and how complex and flawed they are. Thank you for sharing your gift with us.

vanmyers86vanmyers866 months ago

Reading this story was the best way to spend my evening! Thank you for another heartfelt, interesting and beautifully written tale.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief6 months ago

It took a bit but I finally made the connection of this story to the others when Pop came into the picture. For what it's worth, Steve's family wasn't the only ones with wet eyes when they were at the grave site introducing the grand daughter to Lucinda, kind of got to me also. Guess that has to say something about the quality of writing and story telling from this author. Thanks for a story well worth reading.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Wow! What a wonderful story. I love the characters so it's great to be reacquainted with them once again.

5

inka2222inka22226 months ago

Increadibly pleased to see another great Pueblo universe story, and thank you for another great and enjoyable read!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The contrast between your world and Mookies’ other world by Todd172 is quite striking. You’re both enjoyable in very different ways. I enjoyed this story, and am grateful that you choose to share them with us.

golasgilgolasgil6 months ago

Fucking fantastic

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Genius.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Outstanding!

RFFASTRFFAST6 months ago

Spectacular tale, thank you. I grew up with a father having only one arm. Lost it when he was 4. As such I can tell you he never considered himself handicapped, and that came through with Steve loud & clear. I believe the definition of trust is experiencing a cross wind landing in a Cessna 140 tail dragger, with a one armed pilot. Thanks again for a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I had wondered about the Mookie coincidence. I bought a copy of the novelized version of "Needles and Delaney" and love Todd's characters. Like him, you are great at creating three dimensional characters that the reader can connect with, and write great stories that almost seem misplaced on this site, not smut but actual literature (BrokenSpokes and CaffeineFetish share that property as well). Once again, a story I enjoyed reading - and that is the biggest accomplishment an author can achieve, writing a story that connects to the reader.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Such high quality storytelling, thank you for sharing

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Bebop home run! WOW just WOW! Thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this story and the wonderful character development. We got to know the personality traits & makeup of each character, which for me made a strong connection. Because of this one becomes highly invested in these characters. I offer profound appreciation for your writing talent & a sincere thank you for sharing this wonderful story.

kk

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I liked the tip of the hat with adding Mookie in there. another great story

e5jerseye5jersey6 months ago

Fantastic story! Always a pleasure to read a story from this universe and this author!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

When I look through new stories and see your name, I click on the story and scroll to the end of the page to see how many pages. The more there are, the more I like it. Your story telling is awesome, thank you for writing!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

yup

brian_scoobybrian_scooby6 months ago

Great story… very enjoyable read! Thank-you

DrizdartDrizdart6 months ago

I enjoy this "universe" so much ... having just read this one in the course of an afternoon, I'm contemplating the idea of setting aside part of tomorrow for at least one other story.

Anyone complaining about small errors or chronological slips is missing the point.

One of the best elements to me in this story is the "real" treatment of autism, life with one arm, the on-going consequences of the disease of substance abuse, and other aspects of real life.

Drizdart, from Denver

dgfergiedgfergie6 months ago

A truly touching emotional story. I can't pinpoint or explain it but your writing in this story just grab me and kept me reading, truly entertaining and well written. 5 tars

oldsage_1oldsage_16 months ago

It was a long one but very enjoyable.

Thank you.

Cheers

SAGE

Ranger001Ranger0016 months ago

Lots of VERY INTERESTING details! I could see a lot of me in this one. Most interesting read. Thanks

SweboSwebo6 months ago

Lovely.

I could say a lot more. I could talk about the subtle ways you take these two experienced and extremely competent characters through exactly the kind of romance that makes sense for them. Nothing madcap. No histrionics. Neither nurses nor marines survive long if they stray from the world as it is. Their slow-simmer romance makes total sense and is beautifully rendered. I could talk about everything you say about the pleasures and anxiety of fatherhood and all the myriad and sundry cross-connections and complexities you created out of the rich histories and relationships between so many fabulous characters over all of these Pueblo stories.

I could talk about that, and more. But I think "lovely" is better. Thanks for this.

MidwestSouthernerMidwestSoutherner6 months ago

When you had Mike as well as Steve face 'guilt' from 'failing' their child growing up - all I can say is the chord it struck in my heart was not pleasant. What father doesn't feel that way, no matter what kind of job was done?

But the question of the ages still remains (and you passed multiple opportunities to rectify). While I appreciate the PB&J references, I must interrupt with what I feel is a better version. Peanut butter (crunchy) and sliced dill pickle on Jewish rye (with seeds, please). Many a school lunch there. Now THE QUESTION - what kind of jelly??? (I vote for strawberry jam or orange marmalade.)

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar6 months ago

Marianne gets a makeover, sorta? Complex characters, Mookie, Birch Beer, Violin...Superb story. 5*

SplitGeode66SplitGeode666 months ago

An outstanding story.. Well-written as usual. My only complaint was Steve calling the Yankees evil. Threw me for a bit. 5 gigantic stars!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill695 months ago

A really great, heart warming story!

des911des9115 months ago

I love the story; interesting characters, good plot, very good writing and complexity and nuance that is frequently missing. I did find it difficult to identify all the characters at the beginning - multiple members of the families going by first names without enough context to place them. But, that is a small issue in a great story.

Bluesea00Bluesea005 months ago

A love story,sure. But a mature love story, focused into the hardships of fatherhood and the marks that might leave behind. Exciting don't describe the life our characters . If not negatively. Responsibility, dedication, commitment.....Hardly an usual love story. Thus writing it , looks like more an statement than an entertainment. So reading it feels.

Good job

69GodIsDead42069GodIsDead4205 months ago

How do you somehow never write stories I don’t enjoy?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Finally, a good romance story without graphic descriptions of sex that destroy the whole story line. Very tastefully done.

drycreeksdrycreeks4 months ago

Only 1 thing to b said awesomely great story. It was enjoyed n appreciated.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman3 months ago

lots of excellent characters, just a few pages and plot tangents too long.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

How on earth did I manage to miss this for weeks on end! A superlative episode in what one can only hope is an ongoing saga,

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A long story so it took me awhile to get it but I always read bebop3’s stories. And as I knew it would be, a thoroughly well told story. One of the best authors on the site.

WilliamReadyWilliamReadyabout 2 months ago

You JERK! You rely on peoples short term memory issues and hope that we will only remember how good your stories are. And then...YOU MAKE US CRY! I bet you sit out on your porch at night sipping some birch beer and laugh at all the suckers who shed tears today.

rotten gol dern #@&*%$$@##!

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Sad I can’t read Santa Mike and other stories that are pulled. And because of pirates some authors never post anymore.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBebop3@Bebop3
I'm about 55,000 words into Secondhand Hearts, a new story in the Hop on the Bus series. If I can figure out a way to post it here without it being stolen and posted on Amazon, I should have it ready in about a week or so. There's someone who has stolen about eight of my stor...

SIMILAR Stories