All Comments on 'A Stringed Instrument'

by Bramblethorn

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
great!!

Thanks a lot for this story!! What you mentioned at the beginning concerning "slow-moving talky introspective stuff" is nothing to excuse for, it's a nice contrast to most stories in which there's not anything "slow-moving talky introspective" to be found AT ALL. Liked your style, too, amusing passages,.... Great!

elle2805elle2805about 12 years ago

Absolutely LOVED it.

Great storyline & beautifully written too!

Hope to read more of your stuff...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great Job

It's a sweet well written story,I liked it. You made a mistake here "And that was why I was walking three blocks from the train station to the Churchill house one Wednesday evening shortly before Christmas." When Yvonne was leaving the party, she walked to her car. Phoebe than asked her "Are you going to be safe to drive?"

Congratulations on your first story,well done.

elle_9549elle_9549about 12 years ago
Great first story!

I'd love to read more from you. :) ~ L

Lunawolf1341Lunawolf1341about 12 years ago

Very good story. Definitely has the potential to become a series if you're interested. I certainly am!

BramblethornBramblethornabout 12 years agoAuthor

Oops, right you are. I've submitted a correction. Thanks for picking that up, & thanks all for your feedback!

pens25pens25about 12 years ago
Very Hot

Loved it. I can't wait to read your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

I loved it :-). It was perfect. Perfect style.

sihayasihayaabout 12 years ago

beautiful style. i love your descriptive, almost poetic sentences.

lescntrygrllescntrygrlabout 12 years ago

That my dear was a beautifully written story, the way you described Yvonne was amazing, in the beginning where you put your note, there is no need for you to apoligize for be to "talky" and not just jumping right into the sex scenes. There are to many stories like that already, this story was a easy read and I can get into it well, I love the characters, and I hope that you write more about these wonderful characters, thanks =D

KathyFKathyFabout 12 years ago
Great Story Very Well . . .

Great Story - I Love Both Chapters

PLEASE - Continue With Chapters

Kisses

wordsmith74wordsmith74about 12 years ago
great story, strong charcters, loved it.

Can't wait to read more. You have just the right balance between the story and the sex. More please.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosalmost 12 years ago
Well done, only...

...why no shagging by the fifth paragraph? :D

My lesbian friends would have been shagging by theTHIRD paragraph, though not with me, as I have the wrong equipment, and my beard and moustache kinda give that away.

Im off now to read the rest of the series (I only found it because the latest one just showed up n the New Stories page. I hate starting in the middle of a series, so I went to your author page and, deciding that reading the first two installments might not be TOO MUCH of a chore, I started the series, and am glad that I did.

I think this is the first Lterototica entry I've read from the Lesbian section (I generally stick with entries on the First Time, Mature and Erotic Encounters sections, athough occasionally make a (usually) inadvertent venture into another section from the New Stories section (as I did with THS entry).

I thougt that Susan ws going to tell Yvonne that Phoebe was a lesbian, and then warn her off. Her asking for advice regarding her teenaged daughter was a pleasant surprise, although I would have liked to read that convesation in more detail than the summary of it you provided.

Okay, I'm off to read the rest now - thanks for sharing this with us!

BramblethornBramblethornalmost 12 years agoAuthor

Thanks RDB, glad you enjoyed it! Susan's daughter will come back into the story later on, though I still have a couple more chapters before that happens.

rover5520rover5520almost 12 years ago
Beautiful!

Hello,

A beautiful story,wonderfully well written!Please keep writing,you do it so very well!

Thank you!

BramblethornBramblethornover 11 years agoAuthor
Oops

Just noticed that I described RJ as being in his seventies - ignore that, he's actually in his late fifties. I'll put a correction through once I've finished the series and know whether anything else needs changing.

BrehatBrehatover 11 years ago
Lovely

This is so lovely. And it's totally right. The dialogues are great, so is the story. It's really nice.

Rad'lRad'lover 11 years ago
Well written -

An' that's good. Thank you.

BahamaBahamaover 11 years ago
Wow

That was well written indeed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Five stars!

Great start. However, two comments:

1). Isn't "so plain, like she was a lesbian, " too innocuous to generate a cold rage? Think it needs to be more biting to have someone take offense, like " like she was a lesbian freak" or something

2) "And when I suggested it, she knelt between my feet without hesitation". That's all we get of Phobe's first time? Com'on, man!

BramblethornBramblethornabout 11 years agoAuthor

Hi Anon, thanks for reading and commenting!

Re. #1: It's not just about one remark. Keep in mind that Yvonne is already feeling isolated and uncomfortable, her branch head views her as a second-hand citizen, and her job's under threat (or so she thinks). She's just managed to find a pleasant distraction and start to enjoy herself, when RJ casually reminds her that, yep, still Not One Of Us. Plus, alcohol. I've been known to walk out in a huff for less. (All that said: it's my job as the writer to convey that, and if I didn't, then I didn't.)

#2: yeah, this is something I may revisit once I've finished the series. I wrote it that way because I'd already told the one-shot story I intended to tell and it was time to wrap up. Then I turned it into a series, and I don't think that decision works quite as well in this context.

astuffedshirt_pervastuffedshirt_pervabout 11 years ago
Plain lesbian

I have to agree with Anon on this one, not enough to get upset. Especially when Phoebe says "I'm sorry about my dad. His opinions never really evolved past the seventies. " So, in the seventies people thought lesbians were plain? That was so jarring I had to go back and see if I missed something in my first read.

Keep up the good work!

BramblethornBramblethornabout 11 years agoAuthor
Stereotypes

@astuffedshirt_perv : " So, in the seventies people thought lesbians were plain?"

Yes, that was a VERY common stereotype: lesbianism happened because women who were too ugly to get a man settled for one another. If you google "fat, ugly, can't get a man" you'll find a decent Salon article about it.

sarahwalker10sarahwalker10almost 11 years ago

That was hot. Phobe enjoyed that And she wanted some more of that good stuff.

patientleepatientleeover 10 years ago
Ok. I'm hooked.

Nice start. It will take me a while, but I will definitely keep reading. Loved the action in the armoire.

BramblethornBramblethornover 10 years agoAuthor
Note to UK readers

When I wrote this story I wasn't aware that the word "wog" is considered very offensive in UK English. In present-day Australian English it's a much milder term; I noted this in a later chapter, but only just realised that Phoebe uses the word back here as well. Apologies for any confusion and especially if I offended anybody!

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusabout 9 years ago
What a delight!

You are a superb writer. I am hooked -- looking forward eagerly to the rest of the chapters. Thank you for sharing your talent, and for giving the North American readers a delightful taste of Australia.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago
Smooth and sexy

Very nicely done! The details were just enough to entice and the plot moved beautifully.

J

LcnmdLcnmdover 8 years ago
A wonderful beginning!

I love the beginning and can't wait to read more!

Thank you for story,

L

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Re-Reading

It's been a long time, but just as wonderful as I remembered!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I liked this story and i'm glad there's thirteen more in this series.

gracie920101gracie920101over 6 years ago
Mismarked!

Lit will not allow my rating to change to five stars. My fat fingers brushed the 4th star as I was rating. Agh! Not fair! This should be a 5 star rating as evidenced by my following comments.

It's nice to read an author that actually starts developing a character before diving into a sexual encounter. I enjoy the entertainment of reading which transports one to a completely new experience almost as much as the titillation of the sexual scenes. This first chapter has me ready and anxious to read more, so excuse me, I have to go...

BramblethornBramblethornover 6 years agoAuthor

Thanks Gracie! 5s are great but I'd much rather have a 4 and a lovely comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I got you Gracie

I am guilty of rarely rating stories and I don't believe that in my decade+ of reading on this fine site I've ever commented, but I know the frustration of hitting the wrong rating after enjoying an author's work (shout out apologies to Kenna Colrite!). Consider my five stars from Gracie and merely accept my thanks for the privilege of enjoying your story.

<3 Megan

ElectricBlueElectricBlueover 5 years ago

You're a tease, Bramblethorn. Here's me, thinking, oh that's good, a quick little two page interlude on a Saturday morning before the paper and toast, with a cello playing in the background, and here's you, setting up a fourteen part story....

Lovely, gentle writing, nicely observed. I'll spread it over time, with a several long coffees, I think. No rush.

Nice.

hannahrangahannahrangaover 5 years ago
You've moved me to tears

Thank you for such a beautiful tale, all of the little touches are what makes your writing so engaging.

yukonnightsyukonnightsabout 5 years ago
Too Long

No, not the story...I've been too long in making the time to read your work. Of course, the loss is mine since this is just the kind of story I enjoy. I'm looking forward to reading more because your style is very pleasing. Also, you set some hooks in me that will nag until I see what's next.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 4 years ago
Good story so far

I stumbled across this story while searching for "Christmas" and "Lesbian", and so far it is a good read. Thanks for sharing it with us!

SimonDoomSimonDoomabout 4 years ago

Wonderfully paced and worded, and highly erotic. I like both the characters and am eager to see what happens next. I thought the stringed instrument metaphor worked nicely.

MICHAELG1963MICHAELG1963about 3 years ago

Fantastic beginning, very well written and just enough erotica to keep it interesting.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 2 years ago

Yes success pushesyour ego, gives you confidence and lift your sexual hormones, its like some within the neandertal being and this makes them superior to gay people, sick and brainlessminds, because they judge not only gays no everybody undertheyrsocial"high " ranking ..... But we have moved gracefully since we nailed someone to the cross, we dont burn witches anymore or? ...... Sorry bad comment, but yvonne should move on ...... Ten stars

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

okami1061okami1061almost 2 years ago

2nd or 3rd time reading this. Better each time.

I remember the 1st time thinking that Yvonne was too physically pushy. This time around, not so much. The exact line of what constitutes consent is different for every pair of people. Now that I know them so well, this was clearly on the good side of that line.

RoperTraceRoperTraceabout 1 year ago

I wound up here, reading this because of your cuckolding explanation involving physics, string tension and 440hz. How the hell did that happen? Great story about taking control of a situation. RT.

sunnyboy77sunnyboy77about 1 year ago

I enjoyed it very much.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBramblethorn@Bramblethorn
Hi! Thanks for reading; I hope you find something in my work that interests you. Life has been very busy, and my writing has been one of the casualties. I have a couple of works in progress, no promises on when they'll be ready. If you want to know when I have a new story ou...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES