All Comments on 'A Tense ReUnion'

by Dalton402

Sort by:
  • 79 Comments
Bronco56Bronco56about 2 months ago

Excellent story

5stars

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 2 months ago

Very nice, I liked it. A fitting epitaph to a longer story I'm certain.

demanderdemanderabout 2 months ago

Such romantics - most of us. Not all, though. D

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 months ago

Nicely done short! 4.5*

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 2 months ago

Very nicely done... 5 stars.

Short, to the point, no questions unanswered, a quick and enjoyable read.

.

Thanks for writing.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 2 months ago

Good one. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Gram1Gram1about 2 months ago

Surprisingly sneaky tale - A little BTB, less the taste of ashes in the mouth, but with a satisfying soupcon of humanity, as a palette cleanser, to end it 😉

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 2 months ago

5* Solid Story with the cheater finally understanding she burned herself. MC didn't need to pile on abuse which was cool.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 2 months ago

Short but decent story, a solid 4. A reconciliation story but not the usual Lit LW types and I certainly appreciated that there was no attempt to "fridge" Sara to make it happen.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerabout 2 months ago

I liked it. The Bear thinks the M/C belongs in the good guy's club, with (I hope) the rest of us. 5 stars It deserves it. More, Please.

The BEAR

desecrationdesecrationabout 2 months ago

Nice and subtle. The power of indifference with a bit of compassion works wonders.

mainer42mainer42about 2 months ago

good read, I am with Bear on this story

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 2 months ago

Yawn. When the wife said ...."I want what you and Sara have".....The husband should have said ...too fucking bad stupid. Yoi had your chance and you screwed it up so fuck off".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Suddenly the whore wants a home 🤣🤣🤣

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

“Divorce” to “dad died” to “are you seeing anyone?” Is a bizarre, contrived conversational turn. In a story this short that centers on a conversation, that’s a significant problem. 2*

60022Mallard60022Mallardabout 2 months ago

Not too clear as to where Henry wanted the boy to play, such that going to Northampton upset him so much.

A solid 4 from me.

RosenkavalierRosenkavalierabout 2 months ago

Very good!

Characters with flaws and no violence needed.

I am looking forward to your next story!

And thank you for sharing with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The grass is ALWAYS greener...on the other side of the divorce! Depending on your point of view! — 5 TANSTAAFL

lujon2019lujon2019about 2 months ago

Things then got better. I didn't want to divorce. I wanted to be a cuck

.

fixed it for you

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 months ago

Love happy endings

Thamk u @Dalton402

SorchakSorchakabout 2 months ago

I get that Jacob would cut Henry out of his life, and maybe cut back on his mother, but it doesn't explain why he wouldn't have told his dad that his grandfather had died. His in-laws weren't disappointed in him (the unnamed MC), or Jacob, so I can't see them not talking any more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wonderful story! I don't share the author's enthusiasm for rugby but I appreciate how it's inclusion helped weave the story together. Therein lies a lesson for those authors who pad out their work with interminable, tedious paragraphs about various sports, particularly American football.

The characters in this story were all plausible and Vivian came over especially well with her introspective reassessment of some of her life choices. Five stars all the way.

JR

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63about 2 months ago

Great story. The best revenge is a life well lived.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Real. Emotional. 5*

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerabout 2 months ago

(Nice story and results were expected. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Not sure what the point of that was. Why would he bother asking her how she'd been or if she's seeing anyone? She's screwed him over and he's checking to see if she's OK? Sorry, nothing of interest here.

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfourabout 2 months ago

Very good story! This is an example of how things should work when children are involved!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

PowersworderPowersworderabout 2 months ago

The wife betrayed him. treated him like a fool, and gave him sloppy seconds while she was getting railed by her lover for months. She and her asshole AP then tried to buy his son's affection.

Fuck forgiveness.

I'll take schadenfreude every time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I enjoyed the story…it was a very good rendition of the “regretful ex wife” trope.

.

What I could NOT make sense of was why Henry didn’t want Jacob to try out with Northampton? According to the story he and Vivian were supportive of Jacob’s rugby dreams, right? So why the opposition to the Northampton opportunity? Just because Henry wanted to control Jacob? But why?

.

Additionally…..why when he encouraged Jacob to take up the Northampton opportunity did he feel the need to …. finally … tell Jacob tne truth about the circumstances of his divorce from his Mom? And sure, Jacob now saw Henry s a “snake” … but it’s not like his Mom was an innocent victim or anything!

.

Finally….how is it that Jacob didn’t reveal to his Dad any of the info about his Mom leaving Henry….moving in with his grandparents….and one of his grandparents dying? Did Jacob not go to the funeral? If so…he didn’t tell his Dad?

.

Lots of nitpicking…sorry. But when a story is good, a reader will notice the little things…especially plot logic….more often 😎

.

4 strong ****

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 months ago

So, Jacob didn't know his grandfather died? Sometimes I really don't think writers in here actually read the works they have written. Makes no sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Well done. 5S

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 2 months ago

Nice, simple, realistic story. Many thanks. Oh the pedantic part of me would ask if Vivian sued Henry when they broke up. We are talking Westminster Law here (British) not that garbage USA stuff. If she lived with Henry for all those years their relationship would provide de facto/common law status. Meaning 99% the same as marriage.

MarmadukephuknukleMarmadukephuknukleabout 2 months ago

A story well told. Finally, a tale where at the end I'm left with a warm feeling and not a feelings of "I wish," or "He should have," or "She should have." Five stars.

Tomh1966Tomh1966about 2 months ago

Fucking awesome.

I dont mind reconciliation if there is a price or the husband at least 'puts a few points on the board' in his favor. I hate RAAC where the husband just ends up eating as hit sandwich.

The husband won. He has a wife who loves him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

At the end of the day, it was pretty standard cheating wife stuff. Good job on a different presentation though. A little dry, so it just seemed to miss the mark. 3*

GardenshedGardenshedabout 2 months ago

Good short story, well written, with emotion.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 months ago

"the woman standing next to me looked confused as Jacob and his mum approached." - Why should his wife be confused, surely she knows about his ex-wife?

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 months ago

10 years too late for remorse, not that she was ever going to be forgivable anyway. The son is a sorry piece of work as well.

Kernow2023Kernow2023about 2 months ago

love the story , could have picked a better side than Northampton - from a Chiefs fan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Like @Gram1 said below

NickTeeNickTeeabout 2 months ago

Short but complete. Nicely done. Let's hope the usual suspects don't start with their poisonous comments.

Too bad the son's playing for England but we can't all play for the Boks. LoL only kidding.

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoabout 2 months ago

Well written but felt it could have been filled in more, skimmed the confrontation and the immediate aftermath, just jumped to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

" The best revenge is a life well lived." 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Yes, I liked this one a lot. Vivian has only had a couple of years to come to grips with her betrayal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

1) He's a complete pussy for having reconciled when she cheated.

2) It is not realistic that someone so selfish would have any regret.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

Very good story. I enjoyed it very much. You have real talent.

vanyevanyeabout 2 months ago

Why was Sara confused about Vivian?

Why did our MC not know his son's grandfather had died? Didn't the grandson know, and tell him? Attend the funeral? Something? Seems awfully damn odd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I wonder where this will go.

rnebularrnebularabout 2 months ago

Nice little vignette, and it looks like the anon pool didn't understand it for the most part. Thanks for sharing.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 months ago

OK. Thanks for your Writing.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 2 months ago

Sara is the silver lining in this tale but he had to go through a storm of betrayal to find her. He should be happy "the storm clouds" broke up.

pretty good for such a short story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It's something between indifference and reconciliation. The only rationally acceptable kind in these stories. Years later and out of the slut's clutches. My only gripe is her sob story. She is described as a bombshell despite her age. That type can find a sucker to marry despite her mileage. There are plenty of men completely starved for affection, she wouldn't have much trouble to get one to commit. Also it's very unlikely MC wasn't up to date with something as important as the death of her father. He wasn't completely no contact and his son was seeing her regularly. That's the problem with stories that want the "years after reunion" concept, but have a child involved. It doesn't really work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Very nice story, Dalton, thanks for sharing it here. It amazed me a little, a Loving Wives story with two divorced, civilized adults. Who are actually divorced from each other. Wow!

Ya gotta love it.

5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

SmugglerjimSmugglerjimabout 1 month ago

Nice simple story.. indifference really is the opposite of love

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Brilliant, uplifting, and inspiring story. Of course the typical LW loser/yahoos are weighing in with their typical mindless vitriol (see, e.g., “@complete pussy” who’s probably never had a real relationship with a woman in his depressing life; and we should be taking his advice on how to handle a break-up; right, kinda like takin Trump’s advice on the”rule of law.”

Thank you 🤙🏿

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I like this story. He divorced her, and she received what she deserved (being cheated on, humiliated and half-shunned by her own parents, as well as living a lonely life now).

Jacob cut the relationship with her and the snake, so that's also another punishment for her.

I do think it's strange that Jacob (hence the ex husband) was not notified when his grandfather died. By then, Henry was already out of the picture.

JensensloverJensensloverabout 1 month ago

So the 'press' are all over his ex wife, how good looking she is, wanting to see her, don't mention the fact the son pushed his father and step mom aside, they didn't make a thing of that? THAT is exactly what the press wants. Also how can he not know about his ex father inlaw passing away? WHY didn't his son know his grandfather died? Seems his mother would have told him? too many hole in this one.

Calico75Calico75about 1 month ago

Very nice little story!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 month ago

Very good. Wonder if he ever thought about a dna test.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 month ago

rneb,

Yeah that was funny. 🤣

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 month ago

Harry,

Yeah he could have done that but then the story would be shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Yawn!

nixroxnixroxabout 1 month ago

1 star - Rugby has got to be one of the most brutal, body crushing 'sports' of all time.

I will never understand it, or watch a single game, let alone read a story with it in the background.

Better luck with your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Excellent, adult story. Maturity, wisdom, and decency win out over spite, which means many of the LW commentariat hackers will be enraged. People getting beyond their hurt forgiving, if not forgetting, and enjoying life again, unrestrained by hate and bitterness. Imagine it. You did, and write about it beautifully and plausibly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Hey @jensinlovwr, try getting a life and stop trying to get the writer to write a story of misery that tracks your life. He wrote a different/better story.

OOAAOOAAabout 1 month ago

Good story!!!

Am I the only who would love a bit of Burn The Henry here ;) ?

XluckyleeXluckyleeabout 1 month ago

5 stars from Xluckylee for a very good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

That always baffles me when a writer writes about a beautiful divorced women in her 30s, 40s, 50s that they have gotten to the point that men don't want them. Fact: most men are so clueless and needy for a women if they would sell their souls if those women would just look at them and wink. Don't give me that victim crap that Vivian is lonely and can't find a man. It might be exactly the man she wants but she is probably not hard up for men.

lAnatomistelAnatomisteabout 1 month ago

@OOAA

No, you aren't! ;^) ;^)

NicealloverNiceallover20 days ago

I enjoyed this story very much. There were no surprises but I was gratified by Vivian’s remorse and I loved the dialogue that transpired between Vivian and her ex husband. Henry was a narcissist who deserved to be excoriated and Vivian was reckless because she spoiled her second chance. A life of longing for what could have been was a befitting punishment for her.

RanDog025RanDog02519 days ago

Good story and worthy of 5 BIG ASS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐'s, thanks. I usually pass up on one page flash stories!

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Reading again, and if anything, enjoyed it even more.

.

However: I STILL don’t get why Henry and Vivian didn’t want him to grab the opportunity to play professionally in a sport that he clearly excelled at???

.

5 *****

shadrachtshadracht8 days ago

The whole thing was vaguely unsatisfying in a way I cannot put into definition. It was just lacking, and ended up just with a lingering feeling of sadness. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Vivian with her looks was the woman men dream about, but my wife was the woman who men only realise afterwards who they need as a wife...... Do you think this is a compliment to a woman? What the hell lol

62276227about 8 hours ago

.......Vivian with her looks was the woman men dream about, but my wife was the woman who men only realise afterwards who they need as a wife...... Do you think this is a compliment to a woman? What the hell lol.....

Actually very accurate.

I've always said that what most men WANT is not what they NEED! They just need to figure that out before they marry the wrong woman.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDalton402@Dalton402
I have a weakness for happy endings. When people face the worst, no matter how bad it is, I like people seeing come out better people for it. Remember what I write is fiction, it doesn't always have to make sense.