All Comments on 'A Town Without Honor Ch. 02'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 215 Comments
GioSoloGioSoloabout 7 years ago
I really hate how much I love your stories.

I knew how bad this story would hurt and was not going to read it. This is not the type of genre that I like at all, but now that I've started this I cannot stop myself. Your writing style is exactly the type I prefer, and I am going to try to read as much of your work as I can. But please do not put this one on the back-burner while you write other works. I figured you just dropped it all together, but a big part of me is still waiting for the next installment of 'A Blackmail Tale'.

Thanks for coming back and can't wait to see this story's resolution.

WyldcardWyldcardabout 7 years ago

Damn. I read the first chapter and I thought "This is going to be one of his best". This one continues that belief. It is hard to imagine someone who really embodies that perfect honorable behavior. Many people espouse it, but we're fallible us humans, and we always filter our little shortcuts and misdeeds differently than that of those around us.

Still, it is okay if Honor isn't really someone I can relate to or 'believe', because this is fiction and your writing is spot on. Plus I love the Maritimes. Hopefully he's enjoying some of the great music up that way in addition to the forests and seafood and all the rest.

MaFreplerMaFreplerabout 7 years ago
Just an excuse for mental cruelty

I get that she cheated, and that's bad, but your narrator is cruel. He isn't honorable. He's prideful and lashing out like a wounded child. Yes, the wife has a lot to do to make up for what she's done, but your narrator hasn't done anything to earn any kind of happy ending. I will wait a chapter or two before I give any rating on this.

kimi1990kimi1990about 7 years ago
Very good

First, I didn't care at all for the travelogue. That was just filler to get to the real parts. Skimmed that.

The good parts are the emotions and real drama being played out. That is exactly what I was hoping for. You did a good job of editing, too, from a mechanical standpoint. There was nothing that distracted me from the story. The only thing that could have improved was less scenery. Still, I know he was doing therapeutic traveling, so okay, I get it. Still a five, and more. Great story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Suicide

That is clear in her last words

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Can see where this is going, motor cycle accident which forces him to have the slut move in and care for him. Seems like a long winded way to get there so far 1*

ManoBlueManoBlueabout 7 years ago
I hope he doesn't just forgive and forget

If forgive this betrayal and decides to forgive everyone without getting some revenge I'll never read your stories again, even though I'm hoping you give Straight to...Straight? a sequel

bear2readbear2readabout 7 years ago
Let the author write...good grief

If everyone who wishes to criticize this author, then perhaps they should take up writing their own story, with their own plot, their own character development, their own editing and their own ending to the story...just the way they want it wrapped up.

Give TX Tall Tales a break and let the author provide the progression needed. Whatever the ending to Honor's story is, you can bet the author has given it careful consideration. So just leave the initial criticism boiling in a pot somewhere else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Yeah...

He isn't honorable. He should have offered to eat the creampies left by his best friend and his best friend's brother instead of leaving to get his head on straight before he murdered anyone...

Animefan2929Animefan2929about 7 years ago
5+ but...

PLZ don't go towards suicide. That would totally ruin it,her killing herself would just not be a good direction. Really looking forward to the rest of the story.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 7 years ago
Well, the first "new" part I've seen

You hit the sweet spot. Between watching my Alma Mater take down MSU and getting to read this, it doesn't get any better than that. March Madness and Legends, like TTT!

Seriously thought, thank you for writing this amazing story. I can't wait for the next chapter. I sense a crescendo coming. It's been building and now, cymbals crash, waiting for it... Five stars. Wish I could vote more than once.

gmann57gmann57about 7 years ago

whatever is coming, it will be good.this story is real and its sad.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
This chapter drug on a little too much

Had a hard time with this chapter. Still good reading but meandered a little more than I liked.

Why don't people hate Fred? Dale?

Hope she doesn't succeed in the suicide attempt that is coming.

Also hope it doesn't spontaneously cause reconciliation.

Beth is deranged for some unknown reason. For her to do what she did and to the extent she did, was not even remotely rational.

The first chapter of this story sparked heavy emotions but was unexplainable in any form of reality and the second chapter suffered for it. How can a deranged slut run a company or be trusted with her own children? Why hasn't someone committed her for an evaluation?

I'm afraid the third chapter has few choices other than to continue to spiral down from the strange and unexplained foundation of the first.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
2 five stars in a row!

Really, really, enjoying this story. Perhaps like no other. A lot, a LOT of run-on sentences though. Yet the story is good enough I can overlook them for the most part. My editor, a college professor, takes care of that sort of thing for me, running into the thousands of dollars. But in doing so and teaching me, he ruined a lot of mediocre stories I used to enjoy!

How Beth calls 40 fucks only three times made me laugh. My girlfriend from way-back-when did the same thing to me. We split up when I was too much of a gentleman and didn't press her for sex. Yes, seriously. I guess in a way, I was too young for sex than a girl a year younger than me.

About a year later, she wanted to rekindle our relationship. I found she had been changed from a virgin to skank from having sex only 12 times. After pressing her, I found those twelve times were months, each month they got together at least 14 times and each time they had sex three or four times. Sometimes in front of friends who wanted to watch. Those were the days of high school. So instead of waiting for me like she always promised, she instead had sex between 500 to 675 times during that year! Much worse than Beth, but it shows the mind of a lying whore!

No, I didn't marry her, thank goodness. Hell, I wasn't even willing to screw her with a condom after we sat down and did the math!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
RAAC shit

1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

i am not looking forward to the raac. but its imminent. suicide attempt from cheating slut wife....so cliche. calls her wife a slut but doesnt like others calling her that... hypocrit. hearing his old business is suffering... rewarding. Hearing hes got some good friends supporting him.... comforting. Travelling around northern north america to get over anger management issues.... that's stupidity for you. They have doctors that specialise in that and he has more than enough money to hire one. This was long and boring for most. emotional dialogue between honor and his family.

tazmuntazmunabout 7 years ago
Losing sympathy for Honor

The heart wrenching requests for him to come home by Honor's daughter are just killing the main characters manhood card to me. The more I think about these subjects the more I realize that narrow minded viewpoints that see only black and white are not honorable most of the time, but rather people to afraid of .... well they are afraid of themselves I think.

He has his own house and plenty of money there is no reason he can't be there for his kids. All I hear is poor little me...I'm soooo angry..pooooooor little me...well fuck that and fuck you too...suck it up and be a father!

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 7 years ago
Good

Very well written as is always the case with TTT.

As said it did meander a bit but overall a very good story.

Also the suicide part that seems to be coming, if she kills herself then the story is as good as over and anything after is really irrelevant, I hope it does not go that way.

Looking forward to the next part.

gldngolfergldngolferabout 7 years ago
Another Good One

Another good installment. This chapter did seem to repeat itself a few too many times. His kids, like most others in this situation, are suffering because of the actions of the cheating slut. I understand his frame of mind. Been there.

Her finally admitting to cheating to such a horrible degree proves she does not love him. It is no different than a stalker telling his victim, "I love you so much I have to kill you!" She only thinks she loves him.

My experience with friends and cheating was over 30 years ago. My best friend from childhood asked me to keep watch over his wife because he thought she was cheating on him. She was and I confronted her about it. Needless to say she wasn't a happy camper when I was asked to leave. She forced my best friend, her husband, to choose between her or me. He chose her.

I ran into the loving couple a few years back in a local grocery store. To me, they were nothing but people I used to know. We said nothing to each other. We were strangers after all. Sometimes doing the right thing can cost you little, sometimes it costs you a lot. I know I did the right thing back then and live wonderfully knowing that. In the long run, it was his loss, not mine.

I hope there is no RAAC. She doesn't deserve it. Only his in-laws seem to be good people in all this mess. Also, please no suicide.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WTF!

He's wimping out already!

I hope the next parts aren't just him traveling the world. I've got enough of that, I think.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hmmm

I'm liking the guy less and less. He's got little kids to take care of and instead he's whining his way around the country.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 7 years ago
Overwrought, artificial and drenched in self pity

Honor is making Hamlet the procrastinating princeling ( until Act 3 ) look like General Patton. You punish the kids because of the mother ? Allegedly she's working 10 hours a day and love to have him provide childcare. But Honor has to find himself ? Turning back on lying and cheating spouse is one thing, turn your back on your kids in favor of fresh lobster roll . Plenty of time to find yourself after kids are trundled off to college.

I'm checking out until there's proof of real life in this story .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I See

a suicide or an attempted one coming up. The guy should either divorce to reconcile before he has a lot more to be miserable about...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
not another ok I'll take her back story no matter what she did

I can see where this going he's going to take her back and rebuild the business all for the sake of the kids and to keep her from committing suicide.....She killed him but you are going to make him do the right thing.....bullshit maybe she should have done the right thing and not fucked around on him or at least divorced him first...Im pretty sure this will be the last story I read from you seems like all these stories are the same He lives with being betrayed and cucked

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
A TOWN WITH OUT PITY

and the reasons are relevant, TK U MLJ LV NV I am not allowed to make comments after I read the story, I can mark stars, go back find story, find comments and then make one,,,mlj

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Hold on (my opinion)

I think the DNA tests have been rigged. Just a saying

Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
This is well written (impossible not to be, being a TTT's story)...

This is well written (impossible not to be, being a TTT's story)...While Honor is leading with his pain, we are given a tourist guide to some less known parts of America. Not even those beautiful parts make his pain go down a little...Maybe visiting his family will bring some new light to his problem. 4* for now

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Still Good

Still good but starting to drag. I am a bit disappointed that he has been dragging this out. If he was really the great business man, he would think clearly and act quickly. This guy is behaving like a little boy throwing a tantrum. His kids are suffering, time to man up. Still no explanation for the cheating other than the apparent lust and desire. I was also not pleased with the "my wife is a cheating slut, but she is a great mom crap". Great mom's don't cheat! They don't cheat because cheating is cheating on the kids too. Cheating drives their father away and causes them pain. No, she is a shitty mother. Of course, he is a shitty father as well. He put money first when he already had money. That was his ego. His kids are languishing because he man up, put a tourniquet on, stop the bleeding and get his kids the hell out of there. He should have stripped the company bare, pocketed millions, flown the kids out of the country, and started over again living the good life. Spouses die every day, parents die every day, it is sad, you mourn them and you go on with your life. Beth died, she killed herself, bury her, mourn her, say a prayer for her and move on.

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 7 years ago
Oh dear...

I saw the score and thought I might like it more than the first chapter... I didn't.

Overwrought , over long and wallowing in self righteous bile.

Of course that's just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Did the kids cheat on him too ???

For a man called honor, he seems to have a hard time to do the right thing by his kids.

No matter what, abandoning your kids for "soul searching" is purely self serving and egostical.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well written as always a very appealing story

I could be wrong but I see him coming to grasp with his own imperfections even if very slowly. I also see him coming t grasps with his on cheating on his marriage with his business. Yes spending to much time away and making something more important and more of a priority than your marriage is cheating. No matter the excuses of he is trying to make a better life for them or any other bullshit answer one who does these types of things can give. They are all only excuses for inappropriate actions and behavior. He also stopped being the man he was as his mother in law Carol said she remembered he was always looking out for her. He stopped looking out for her and was only looking out for his mistress his business. I have a feeling that the saying and poem he said was an ode to his Beth, will come back and bit him in that ass and make him take gulps of breath to realize his mistakes too. Did she burn down his mistress the business? The one thing the both have in common and neither one seems to want to look at is the fact that they both ran away from the marriage they both did things that hurt the marriage neither of them more than the other. Yet her infidelity is being put to blame. I am truly interested in where you will take this story. I have confidence that you will do what is right. HMMMM

Beauty without Vanity,

Strength without Insolence,

Courage without Ferosity,

and all the virtues of Man without his Vices.

I thought I could use a companion like that.

Two other lines, differentiating man from dog hit me especially hard:

Thy love is lust, thy friendship all a cheat,

Thy tongue hypocrisy, thy heart deceit.

An ode to my sweet Beth, the love of my life, Who knows thee well, must quit thee with disgust. Lord Byron had that much right.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
In the final analysis its a wimp story!!!

Why is it for so many people important to know why a cheater cheated?? The only question should be how can the betrayed one live the rest of his life!!! If the married life is not anymore livable then take the consequences! Go to counseling or get a divorce! And then you can srew around!!

gldngolfergldngolferabout 7 years ago
Another thought

It has been said many times that Honor will do the right thing and it's turning their stomach. Everyone assumes that means it will be taking the slut back, his family and friends back. Is that really the right thing?

Question is...Is taking her back and restoring the company the right thing to do? Actually it's not.

Actually the right thing to do is what he is doing...for him. He is staying away from the adulterers so he stays out of jail, the divorce is currently underway and the people who kept quiet to protect themselves for their own selfish reasons are now suffering by losing their income.

The right thing to do is to make the best life for him and his children he can possibly make without being involved with the less than desirable people that had betrayed him so easily.

I've turned my back on my own family in the past because of their actions against me or my wife and kids. From that experience I can tell you honestly it hurts less not having them with me than it does having them there and feeling the pain of their betrayal constantly. For me it was the right thing to do and I have no guilt over it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Maudlin, over written, don't need a tour guide to the east coast, been there, done that. Crying kids that probably aren't his. Nothing about Fred and the other fuck buddy. Way to comfortable fucking two guys at once. What is that shit with his mother in law? And way far too much about sleeping with his almost naked mother. Going down hill fast. Glad I didn't rate the first chapter yet.

gara5289gara5289about 7 years ago
Good chapter....just a little wordy though

I think you didn't need to describe the whole travelogue. Just knowing he was doing it would've been enough. Otherwise good chapter but i'll admit to being worried about the incoming suicide attempt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
More, please

Yes, it does start to drag a bit. However, this story is intriguing to say the least. Several ideas come to mind such as (and it's already been mentioned), has the DNA testing been faked? Additionally, in reading B.B's statement at the end of chapter 2 where she states :"You need to come back soon, Honor. For the kids. They're going to need you." This raises the question, what is she going to do? Onward to chapter 3....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
The end of Beth

She's going to end up committing suicide.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Reviews Are Tough

Some of the reviewers must think this story is real life. It is FICTION people, not real life. If you don't like it stop reading it and your blood pressure won't spike. As an aside, you get a cheese steak sandwich in Philadelphia, not a steak with cheese. (Although Ruth Chris's has a delicious steak with bleu cheese on it.).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Lost it's way...

No progress in this chapter. Started away from town, ended away from town. No progress moving the story forward.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 7 years ago
*****

Good stuff. Liking the time you are taking on this story. Looking forward to chapter 3.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
Still Waiting....

....for the reason(s) behind Beth's perfidy! As silentsound says:

"Beth is deranged for some unknown reason. For her to do what she did and to the extent she did, was not even remotely rational."

Well said, ss!

Another 5* from here, waiting eagerly for chapter 3!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Temper Tantrum

Great twist on the old cheating story. But it stops there. It gets hard to keep reading when all you get is an adult like child that is constantly running away from problems and acting like a child. The old " I will Stomp my feet and hold my breath until I get my way which is I am the only one who matters and everyone else has to admit they were wrong". Great story, but try to make the man act more like an adult!

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 7 years ago
Too Much...

Too much whining and crying. Honor needs to go get layed and then get layed again. He'll never be able to trust his slut wife again. Divorce the bitch and get on with his life. I have a feeling she'll end up committing suicide eventually. There is very little he can do about that. He needs to go get help his self. If he doesn't, his soul will die a slow painful death.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Heavy

The author can write but this emo turmoil is tedious and repetitive. #sad.

TTT: more fucking stories, fewer angsty stories! Please.

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteabout 7 years ago
Dancing bear

A dancing bear in your dreams is a sign that you want to fuck your mother. I'm not kidding. It's true.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
Thoughts

“A quick detour to Nazareth, PA, took me to the Martin Guitar factory store, museum and factory tour.” – Reminds me of “The Weight” by The Band: “Pulled into Nazareth…” same reference, to the Martin factory.

"God, this must be destroying her." – I know she’s her mother, but doesn’t ANYONE think of him?

"It wasn't supposed to happen. You weren't supposed to know." - <Sigh> It’s like a broken record; so if he doesn’t know, that makes it okay?

“She was cheating on me and you helped her.” – Yes, you could MAYBE excuse her not telling him to avoid hurting him, but she should never have watched the kids so that Beth could go cheat on her own SON!

It went far, FAR beyond some loneliness tension relief! Cheating with family (I know, hard to avoid in that town!), threesomes with videoporn playing; I know Honor doesn’t like the word, but she was a slut!

"For the kids. They're going to need you." - I wonder if she's going to do something?

mike9698mike9698about 7 years ago
I loved the set up

This sucked. his 4 year old daughter is the only mature person in the family. At this point I don't care what happens. This whinny bullshit is killing me. Have him go back to his kids. Even if it means taking his slut back. Have him get a post-nup with her getting nothing then close down and sell the business. Let it go to Mexico with the rest of the factory jobs.let the town go bankrupt. Have him get lover on the side and make her accept it. Other than that I don't give a shit.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
More Thoughts

I'm torn.

I don't want to go all BTB and kill herself, but I think everything that he's gone through, not just with Beth, but with his family, co-workers and the town argue against reconciliation.

Then, there are the kids.

Maybe a failed suicide that puts her into a psychiatric hospital and brings him back for the kids?

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 7 years ago
Phew

What an emotional gut punch. BTW you've described one of my lifelong fantasies - a tour of the Maritime Provinces. My wife hates to drive, so I'm going to have to set it up with an old buddy. Anyway, nobody writes emotion with the impact that you do - I can't wait for more. What an encore performance. Heartfelt thank you.

zafusitterzafusitterabout 7 years ago
Great travel log

Wonderful descriptions of travel to beautiful places. As a biker myself I'm envious. Re the betraying wife issue, its getting maudlin. The time to wrap this up one way or the other is past due.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Something is wrong

I have a feeling that kids are not his, she threw away the DNA he left for her to have tested and her mother claims that she used his hair, and that the kids are his. Something does not add up, you need the roots of hair for a DNA test not just plain hair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Really Weird Scenes

Those were some really weird scenes when Honor has his mother in law and mother on his lap in a sexual manner. I thought we were going to move into incest. Re Honor. He needs to get some. He needs to go back home and save wife even if he does not take her back. His daughter is begging him and telling him how bad it is. Wife has now given her suicide notice. Honor will (and should be) totally devastated if he ignores so many warnings.

anon.1

nonethewisernonethewiserabout 7 years ago
Not suicide - she leaves

I don't see suicide, but I could see Beth doing the same thing Honor did, and just leaving. That would force Honor to come back to his kids, be in their lives and run the company in some way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Keep it Coming

Really enjoyed part 2 and looking forward to the next instalment. Like some other commenters though, I thought the scene with Carol was a bit awkward and out of context. I can't even try to predict how you are going to knit this story back together, so I'm looking forward with interest to see how you keep this story running for a while before bringing it to a conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
One hell of a betrayal

Beth loves her comfortable marriage and family security, and has zero respect for her husband. Her adultery was so huge and blatant I am puzzled how the author is going to bring about any meaningful reconciliation. How in heavens does any guy forgive his wife for this much humiliating infidelity that the whole town is aware of. Of course Beth wants her old life back again; plenty of tears and words of insincere devotion and Honor will miraculously put aside the pain and cheating then reconcile.

Maybe Tx Tall Tales will surprise us all with a BTB ending!

Very well written story BTW.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsabout 7 years ago
Interesting Series

So, now that I have read both chapters I feel I can give an honest account of my thoughts. I think that if my wife ever cheated on me, I would act very much like Honor. I would be very conflicted, my own eidetic memory would cause the constant nightmares, and I would struggle each time I saw her with not causing her bodily harm. When you feel a deep emotional connection and it is ripped away, things aren't always so quick to discern and be done with it. Some might say that he isn't doing right by his kids, however I think the opposite. Yes, he is away, but at least he is away for a good reason. If he were still around Beth, he would be a threat to her and thus to the safety of the children. Some would say that he should just get counseling, but that only works when the individual is ready to take part in it. If it still has this hate that bubbles up whenever he thinks of what has happened, what he has lost, and how his life as he saw it has been destroyed; then counseling won't be able to truly help him yet. He has to be in a place where he can confront that pain without fleeing from the hurt and anger.

What has me worried with this tale is the second to last segment. The part talking about how everyone in town hates her, and how the kids are going to need him. If Beth were a real person, I wouldn't be able to leave her alone for any length of time. Saying that stuff and then cutting the connection afterwards, is either a manipulation as hinted, or a sign of suicidal thoughts. That does have me concerned for future reading, but I hope that the TTT won't go that route. I also hope that he won't go the route of reconciliation. The marriage would never be one that anyone could tolerate. What is worse is that because the trust is lost, it would lead to distance between them and thus more chance that she will stray again.

I believe this is an interesting story. It is well written, flows nicely, and while the protagonist "whines", who in that type of relationship wouldn't feel like he does and do many of the things he is if they could not only afford it, but felt they had to in order to not kill anyone? TTT shows his usual crystalline ability to weave a tale and I hope that this is just the beginning in more submissions from him.

Thanks TTT,

J

wonder203wonder203about 7 years ago
5*

Like others I did not see the mother - in - law scene as something that should have been there. It did not fit at all especially after what her own husband had said before she came to visit.

Other than that I really enjoyed the story. Many of the places you describe I have been to on my own motorcycle. The people in Eastern Canada are in fact the friendliest in the world as far as I am concerned. The ride from Port Aux Basque to St Johns through all those small fishing villages and even Gander that played such a huge roll in WW2.

Looking forward to your next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Interesting but a little long in the tooth.

# 5 I guess the kids are not his because she used the real fathers (whoever) hair instead of his DNA swab. Good so far and better than 99 percent of the gay married wife shit being posted on here. Look forward to the next chapter.

smmhomesmmhomeabout 7 years ago
This is a brilliant telling of a tale. Thanks.

Honor’s emotions and struggles are palpable – that’s darn fine writing. The nightmare where his mom is handing out vouchers must be an excerpt from a Tim Burton LW story; I found myself terrified and chuckling with dark mirth simultaneously. The details all throughout this chapter are wonderful: The dog story, poem, the sites, the old Dutch couple, throwing up after seeing her on ‘the couch’.

Wow. This is impressive work.

Many thanks: 5*

My forecast for the record: The end of part 2 foreshadows a suicide attempt by BB.

266xxyz266xxyzabout 7 years ago
5*s

With some hesitancy. The first chapter is great while in the second one Honor seems to vacillate some and speak...at least some what rationally with Beth. She was a life long love and best friend. For me to forgive here betrayal is beyond imagination. To let so little time pass and feel the anger and painful hurt some what diminish is unreal to me. In my own experience all I saw was blood red and painful desire to strike back and hurt. Forgetting and forgetting? Never happen in my experience. Hell we still keep Benedict Arnold as a poster boy for betrayal. No reconciliation. Let her ruin the business and let the town dry up and slowly die at her inept hand. The whole lot should and hopefully will suffer. After her betrayal of her life long friend and husbandthey should never be on speaking terms. Kids can make up their own minds as they get older.

Maybe I'm too hard over...maybe I could let time ease the pain but I would never forget and wish her well. He doesn't have to burn her...she will do it all by herself and reap the seeds she sowed.

LustKnightLustKnightabout 7 years ago
Incoming suicide attempt...

... can only hope it fails.

This is a hard read, Triple Tee, but a good one. 5* once again.

doofus67doofus67about 7 years ago
I'm lovin' it

I was a bit concerned when i checked my home page and saw a lower rating for this chapter. In my eyes this is still a well written story detailing the unabridged emotions Honor is dealing with. His vivid nightmares tell him there is no chance of full reconcilliation.

I do hope that Beth's final words indicate that she is purely leaving and not considering suicide (or at least attempting it as a cry for help hoping he will come running back).

I really do feel for the kids though, if they are indeed his. Other reviewers have made me think twice now about their parentage. Damn you guys & gals.

My preferred way for this story to go now is Beth leaving, Honor taking the kids with him, meeting a nice young lady, maybe LuAnn and settling down. Yeah, dream on!

Oh, and as for his mother, f**k her. But not literally. She has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I bet her husband is turning in his grave.

One final note, i enjoyed the description of his travels. It makes me want to cross the pond and visit one day.

Cheers TTT. A well deserved 5*

HB4DBHB4DBabout 7 years ago
Ditto smmhome's comments

Outstanding, well thought out, and as already been said, palpable pain felt by just about everyone throughout. Yes, I too speculate Beth will drown in hopelessness and will not be surprised nor disappointed in the storyline should you chose to do so. Something has to happen to tip the scale one way or the other in order for Honor to find himself again. I for one would prefer recumpence and reconciliation over burning her and ending in a Shakespearean tragedy where everyone is a sad figure of fate.but whatever happens I have find myself checking the site each morning with anticipation for the next installment. Keep up the good works!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Maybe I'm in the minority but.....

Yes, she cheated. But he should listen when literally EVERYONE is telling him what an unfeeling asshole he always is....there's gotta be some reflection for him with that. Maybe he COULD have done more delegating, staying home some. And PPD is a very real thing & I'm glad the author brought it up as a probable cause....notice, I didn't say defense because it's NOT a defense. But, I HAD PPD after my son was born & I did things & said things I'd never, ever in a million years do or say. But, at the time I didn't realize what I was doing & saying was bad or wrong. Hell, maybe she has a brain tumor (they checked me for a brain tumor when I was acting so crazy & out of control & totally out of character....that's when, after blood work, they realized with the hormones in my body, I had PPD). She screwed up. She gets it. Cut her some slack.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great tale

Above all, I read the stories here to be entertained, to enjoy the twists and turns of the plot, the foibles of the characters and read how the story turns out. Readers of TTT stories know he has a vivid imagination, can write sex scenes that are among the best and creates a wide range of characters and situations.

This is one of the most unique stories I have read in LW because of the combination of all the elements. I think the story is terrific.

You have a couple where the male is very mature, disciplined, successful entrepreneur who has decided to pick up and carry a bunch of his extended family and their town by the success of the business. His wife is younger, but more immature. You are almost talking about a high school bride in a sense that they had been in love for so long, yet never with other relationships. BB may well have hormonal issues, but it's not an excuse for her behavior. She was spolied, but he also gave her 100% for the responsibility for the family. She lacked the courage to let him know she was unhappy and the personal fortitude and character to resist seduction.

Then we have the children.

Honor is consistent in that he treats everyone with the same value system. Having observed family business where many expect a different set of rules for family, conflict is inevitable because jealously will tear extended families apart faster than any other behavior.

Being so good/bad is his decision making means he had a whole group of people around him who won't challenge him because they also lack the courage to give him bad news about her behavior. No one wants to rock the boat.

Honor has created the business, obviously loves the job and what he does to create devices and has allowed the business to run his life. Common with many high growth businesses.

Of course he is angry, and has anger management issues. Blowing up your garage and the cars of your wife and paramours is not a small act. The normal LW story is the guy taking out his gun or beating them up. But this was a more interesting escalation and I can understand why he went away. .

TTT has so many elements at work, he has got many of us guessing. I liked the travelogue element because of the symbolism and reminder of them being apart.

Waiting to see where he takes it.

5 for both chapters

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

You are turning Honor into a whiney little bitch.

doorknob22doorknob22about 7 years ago
No, sorry.

Everyone is going to give this 5 starts because it's TTT and it's such a SERIOUS story with people angry and crying and whatnot. But a good pornographic story has to be hot, it's very simple. Hot = Good. It's just like food: you can get all sophisticated about it but in the end it has to taste good. So far, this story is all about sophistication and is not about being hot.

This is a porn site: Hot = Good. I hope it gets hot soon.

dc6370dc6370about 7 years ago
Very sad

Our hero is full of pride, which is quite sinful, yet he blames others' for their sins. Hopefully he pulls his head out of his four point contact before BB kills herself. Then he has to deal with THAT guilt, and also anger from his kids, and in laws, the four people that mean the most to him.

BlazedadBlazedadabout 7 years ago
Hmmmm

Hello sir

I have been a fan of your work for as long as you have been posting stories. I had almost given up on you returning to the site. And now this. If I am brutally honest, you are yet to start the ball rolling on this one Sir.

BTW 2moms 2laps is my favourite and I believe that has been unresolved till date.

Hoping you will continue to write for many many years to come.

You fan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Couple of things

1 so far very good story

2 sorry no way anybody takes that from relative and doesn't get cut off (no way on the birthday for the sister)

3 little hard to believe that everyone knew about it and said nothing either to try at humiliation or to get an advantage/favor status over the others

Look forward to the next chapter

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 7 years ago
A very very good story

I can see many sad endings to this story, everything from bbs suicide to the towns people going after the 3. I would like to know why he did not sell the company or just shut it down and walk away with out her. Such a sad thing to happen in this guys life. The pressures of the towns people along with the way every one did not respect him even tho they would not have a pan to piss in if it would not have been for him.

PLEASE continue and this is by far the best story this year and the bitch did not even get burned.

DarkPulseDarkPulseabout 7 years ago
It looms

Self pity, self hate, with no life lines left to find. What I can only see left for Beth is self destruction. But I have little sympathy for her. The choice was hers as are the consequences. The town should have known better and now the consequences belong to them as well. Reap what you sow and what they've sown is betrayal through inaction.

How Honor and the little ones will react once Beth reaches her decision of destruction, disappearing, or moving on... We can only wait and see.

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
lol

Good lord. I hope it doesn't come down to the fact that Fred could throw his voice to sound like Honor. It'd crack me up if that was it, but be dumb as hell. I can just picture it now. The first time they get together it was an "accident" due to Fred sneaking up on her and using his Honor voice. Then due to her being spoiled/immature/having ppd she forces him to use the Honor voice the entire time they're together. Maybe makes him wear Honors clothes. Crazy as hell but would be a very LW genre type of plot.

Anyway, great story overall. Lots of emotion although I thought the second jaunt away from home was a little much. Not for Honor the character but for me as a reader. The pseudo incest stuff seemed off to me as well. I wonder what good ol Dave would think if he could see that scene in the living room.

And damn, I guess it's good to have money isn't it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good

The traveling around trying to find himself reminded me of an older story by Cloacas called The Prenuptial Agreement. It's just buying time. That usually doesn't work.

Boyd Percy

Obo1Obo1about 7 years ago
Thinking a little more

I bet that they're all still lying. It's much worse than what Honor knows about thus far.

Earlier in chapter one didn't he mention that what happened caused him to lose ALL of his Honor? He's not there yet. Worst thing he's done so far is leave his kids. What will he do though when he finds out that the rot is deeper than he knows?

Maybe not though.

sugnasugnaabout 7 years ago
Comment on the Comments

The comments on this story all seem to be pretty good and on the money. From the faked DNA test scenario to the plot that is starting to drag. This is a good story, the plot is basically good. The characters are interesting, but it is dragging. Also, Honor is torturing himself, his kids and the readers by not assessing the situation, adapting to his new reality and acting - in some way. Whether he chooses to BTB and take the kids or become a cum-sucking cuckold or something in between - do something. His passive, legal separation does not make much sense. Running off traveling and leaving his kids behind does not make much sense, anymore than a woman proclaiming to love the meal ticket that she just cheated on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent!!

Just my 0.02c, I love the story........ eagerly await the next chapter!!

rnebularrnebularabout 7 years ago
Deep Emotions

While there is still a LOT left unsaid and unproven, I will say that this story is one of the more emotionally driven I have seen in LW in a long time. My heart goes out to Honor and the devastation of his life as he knew it. I have long enjoyed the tales of TX, and am very glad to see him posting again. I feel for Honor, and to a lesser extent his wife, even though it's completely her own fault. Worst of all right now is the little girl, his poor in-laws... VERY poignant reminder of the huge cost of infidelity on an entire family.

I will say, if my mother ever did what Honor's did to him, I am not sure that I would be able to forgive that. Her intentions might have been good, but she still chose very poorly.

Anxiously awaiting more!

RNebular

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 7 years ago
This is . . .

. . . agonizing. Please . . . . . . . . . But what an incredible read. Moves fast. Well written. And agonizing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow,just wow!

Almost no erotic content in this chapter,and it doesn't matter at all!

You write some fine stories TXtalltales!

Thanks,for your remarkable work!

green117green117about 7 years ago
A suicide

would be the proof of the loss of his honor.

Clean and pretty, in a way.

Gah - as much as I hate the mind set of the BTB crowd, that particular (this particular) refutation rankles. A testament to the skill of the author.

Green-something

(honor also means to keep a commitment - he is not doing well on that... and he is looking like he is going to drop it big time.)

tazz317tazz317about 7 years ago
HE DOES HAVE DILEMNA

is he trying to talk himself in or out. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What an ass!

He either needs to get his head out of his ass and go home, or get on that bike and run it into a tree.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
i live

on p.e.i. so i know the golf courses and have been to n.f.ld. many times.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
small village

I can relate to what the author is trying to tell people about life in a small town filled with relo's it would really knock you rotten to find out that everyone turned there back on you

thwyathwyaabout 7 years ago
To whom are you beholden?

"To thine own self be true."

"...Forsaking all others and holding only unto him/her?"

"An employer/employee relationship is a contract whereby each party pledges to support the other for the long term economic well being of both."

It is easy for the righteous person (former employee of Honor's) to use the analogy "A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are built for." They have mortgages, bills to pay, and mouths to feed. So why not keep their heads​ down and hope for the best? Let someone else be blindly ignorant so long as their applecart is not upset.

Nobody wants to be thought of as an unwelcome busybody who brings bad news, right? Won't most people shoot the messenger?

I guess it's not so simple after all. Wherever this goes we shall all have fun getting there. Although this is, thankfully, fiction I have to ask 'how can I learn from this and apply it in the real world?'

And that is why I read this author. Even when doing so is such a kick in the crotch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Suicide is NOT painless

I hope and pray that she does not go through with it, but I can definitely see the writing on the wall.

bruce22bruce22about 7 years ago
Wow

If seems to be a hopeless situation. If he has a mental problem as well as the one B.B.

obviously has there is only the children that perhaps can bridge the gap or be destroyed in the process.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Are you serious

Or subsidized by the Canadian Maritimes Tourist Bureau? This has turned into a travelogue without relevance to the crux of the story. So you go online and copy all this about dogs and those amusing Newfies and plug it in as extraneous fluff.

Oh and Arnold Honor is a pussy. Cut the damn cord and turn the woman out. Keep your goddamned company and some self-respect. Two wheels clearly is not related to masculinity. One star, now lets shoot this horse hoss and move on.

Commas where they don't belong. Sentences in need of commas.

patilliepatillieabout 7 years ago
A wonderful chapter

dont know why it isnt scoring as well as the first chapter. I mean his heart was broken. But I dont see taking it out on the kids, that bothers me. I suspect when I read the comments I will see that is a common refrain. Lots of women cheat on guys and guys suck it up for their kids. I would do my own dna test though, that is just me.

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
That could probably have been covered in a few paragraphs.

If everyone hates BB so much (including her), Fred is gone, the business is about to implode, and he still can't get his anger under control, Uncle Jimmy needs to step up, take control of the workers he is supervising, and ask Honor how to get the fellow who had been hired provisionally to come in as CEO. Or forget about it and let it collapse and stay on his bike for a few more years.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 7 years ago
Good grief, no wonder she cheated

Honor doesn't have any honor, self control or a shred of decency. Forcing her to get the kids DNA tested? Fuck him. He is named as their father on the birth certificates and in the eyes of the court, it doesn't matter if she fucked the ga'dam Dallas Cowboys. And the cheerleaders. He's the kids dad and most importantly, as far as the kids are concerned, he's dad.

As well, making him to be the hero by saving everything is plain bullshit. If he's that fucking wonderful, she wouldn't have cheated on him. Men don't need a reason to have sex, just a place. Women need a reason.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 7 years ago
Anger time and distance

We are in the "I need time" phase, which isn't as fun, travelogue aside. I hope we won't wallow too much longer. The sudden harsh turn at the end was a bit unexpected and cruel.

Over_StimOver_Stimabout 7 years ago
Loved it but part of it did not ring true for me.

I was so glad to see this chapter posted. My finger nails were aching from hanging on from the first chapter. I hope you have time in your life to get the next/all done soon.

Got a bit of story whiplash. All this anger and then almost sweetness and light when he gets back into town.

I think it just missed a clue that he had was virtually out of focus and not yet connected with his unconscious feelings. Also just a little more about really snapping back into focus when the couch hit him with the image from his memory.

Also he has shown that his anger makes him act out. Burning the cars was not nothing. But he has not really done anything since other than run away before does something. I thought an opportunity was missed for him to tell himself/us 'fuck I have to get out of here before I lose it and kill the bitch. Even if she deserves it. I cannot do it to the kids.'

Evad

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
No much story about Fred and Dale?

I would have loved it if the aftermaths were on these two. So many sufferings shown but not on the two. Make it my day! Still 5 though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
sorry he should have divorced her at the get go, she now is thinking of suicide

He is right he should hate her, and all those that helped her, enabling is the word used. Divorce her, close the company, take the kids. Have someone find Fred and do away with him. Why go back to that town and buy a house? I hate what happened so I will go back and wallow in my misery, is that the process?

3* a real drop from the first chapter, wind this up please, and make is real without RAAC. The woman chose her actions, now she should fully pay the price.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Oh oh

Sounds like Beth is going to do something stupid. Honor should of picked up on the comment made by Beth "the kids are really going to need you. ".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thanks, great story...

No wonder Honor can't move on either way and goes around in cirlcles. His wife's actions were never really explained to him (or to the reader). How can he compromise the image of the wife he had in his mind, his faithful soulmate, who never had another man, who adored him until she got caught, with the one who was blatantly cheating on him with his best friend (whom she says she despises) AND his brother in a group sex situation after a few times of extramarital sex? Nothing less than mental problems, drugs or blackmail could explain the disparity...

WF06WF06about 7 years ago
My solution to the whole mess

Another typically great story from you, which is why you were invited to post on Legends Day. I have not read all the comments but from what I see, people are dancing around all over the place. My solution is simple but maybe not a simple solution. They say that the best revenge is a life lived well. Hence my idea. Go back and retake control of the company he worked so hard to build and which treated him so poorly. As soon as he has control of his company and his money, close the place up tight. Take the kids and the 2 or 3 loyal family members and move the company 600 miles to one of the beautiful locations he saw on his trip and reopen it. Let the whole town he left feel the pain they caused as the town dries up and becomes a desolate ghost town. He has the knowledge and patents and manpower is easy to get. Make the new company a success and then sell it for a fortune and relocate his new family meaning his kids and their loving new step mother to a place with beautiful scenery, challenging golf courses, and of course, great sea food, Who really cares what happens to the cheating slut anyhow. He could never remarry her and feel secure in the marriage. Never.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
20406 Followers
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories