All Comments on 'A World for the Taking Ch. 09'

by RipperFish

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantastic story

RF,

You did good! :) It was a very well done story. Again, Thank You

slm59slm59over 6 years ago
Thank you!

This was an excellent story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Great story, 5 stars and more for all chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thank You

It was with great pleasure I found RipperFish back with a new story. I have been rereading Upon A Savage Shore just for the enjoyment. I am sure you have many readers anxiously awaiting your next one.

big65dawguwbig65dawguwover 6 years ago
Thank you !!

An excellent tale , truly enjoyable . Hope to see more stories in this universe . Upon a Savage Shore is one of my all time favorite & enjoyed Storm World but agree with you it somehow lacked your usual touch & I think if you decide to get into it again you'll do your usual great job .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fun Story!

Likeable characters one could root for, good story.

gordo12gordo12over 6 years ago
Great little series from a favourite writer

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
cavalry...

they earned the cavalry...the hard way

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I repeat,

Get these stories published into a series like Harry Potter, A Series of Unfortunate Events, etc. and TAKE MY DAMN MONEY!

chip812chip812over 6 years ago
Awesome!

Keep on writing and I'll keep on being a fan! Even your so-called worst story is way better than some I've read. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

This has been a really enjoyable and very well written story. I'm in two minds following your comments about storm world - on one side, even as it stands it's better than a lot of the fiction that gets posted to literotica, but on the other I have to agree you have definitely improved over time and if you're not happy with it then perhaps it needs to be taken down until you find time to review it.

Whatever you decide, thank you for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent Job

I hope to read more of your stories in the future.

Tall_kTall_kover 6 years ago
Stunning

You are a fantastic writer! I love the universe you have brought to life and all the characters in it. Even without explicit sex scenes, this was well-balanced, well-paced and thoroughly enjoyable story!

Thank you very much for writing it!! Thanks also for bulk-posting it as I'm a bit of a binge reader. Keep up the good work; I look forward to reading whatever you decide to write next.

wdelanderwdelanderabout 6 years ago
Excellent science fiction

Your characters are deep and interesting.

Your world is exotic enough to be exciting, yet well-realized and believable.

My only question is, why are you giving away your stories here? These should definitely be published to reach a broader audience.

dhh37363dhh37363about 6 years ago
Many Thanks, Very Well Done!

Ripper,

You have much to be proud of, a great story very well told. I've reserved my vote till the end (and yes, it's a FIVE!). When you give us entertainment like this, take your time, take care of life and recharge your batteries.

I also enjoyed the Storm World stories, but when you're not inspired, you're not inspired - not shame, no problem.

Please continue at your own pace, we'll be here!

Henry.

bumd11bumd11about 6 years ago

Another outstanding effort! Your characters are rich and your story telling enthralling -- a relentlessly thrilling tale. I have always felt that Upon a Savage Shore is among the best things on the site, and this is every bit as good. Please keep sharing your stories with us.

SensitiveHandsSensitiveHandsabout 6 years ago
Great Read!

I love a great sci-fi yarn! This was exciting and we'll written. I have read all you have posted and enjoyed all of it. I do hope you revisit your unfinished stories and complete them. There is nothing more frustrating than getting to the middle (or near the end) of a fantastic story and not have it finish.

Regardless, thank you for taking of your time to share your talents with us.

DJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
You could make a living writing

I quite enjoy your stories. You develop plot lines and characters quite well. I would buy your work if you published.

phillipmichael2phillipmichael2about 6 years ago
great fun

this a terrific story the world you have created with the different species and humans is entertaining and imaginative hope you continue to write you have a true gift

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Fantastic Story

You've done something incredible here: you've created a world where people will come back again and again, not just to follow one or two beloved characters, but for the world itself.

Don't be afraid to grow outside of Lit. Just remember, Captain Kirk banged half the alien hotties in the galaxy 50 years ago and Catwoman turned felines into a sex symbol in the 80s, so getting a little freaky with cat-like aliens in 2018 is not exactly something that's going to make people queasy.

You have a real gift for writing fun stories, don't let it go to waste. I'm sure a great many people would gladly pay money for these kinds of adventures. Keep up the great work and can't wait for the next one!

ArcTalyxArcTalyxabout 6 years ago
An Exceptional Tale Told by a Master

It is a rare story takes me on such a ride of emotions as A World for the Taking. I truly became tied to the many varied characters, even the ones that annoyed me. The reflections on life and capacity of sentient beings to adapt to events is fascinating and does not feel like a plot device in this story especially as you take into account the young ages of most of the main characters. A beautifully woven tale that took me on an adventure I will not soon forget. UaSS is what Niven's Known Space wanted to be. Side note - My favorite authors take years or even decades to publish stories, so you seem rather prolific for writing the masterpieces I find your stories to be. (i.e. George R. R. Martin, J. R. R. Tolkien, Kristen Britain, etc.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
TK

Ripperfish

I have to ask, are you going to continue Stormworld and finish it, us your readers will appreciate it a lot.

TK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thank You

I read savage shore a few years ago and really enjoyed. I was recommending some stories to a friend of mine and just had to start him off with that one. Was glad to see this new one and it didn't disappoint.

I have no idea what you go through to write these but as a reader, I am certainly glad you do it. I so enjoy your work.

Thank you

Joe

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wonderful

I know that you earlier stated that you work in construction and only write on the side. I just want to let you know that I love the world that you created, and if you ever desire to go published... I will be in line for a hard back copy of your book.

gemman1gemman1over 5 years ago
Fantastic Story

I have been following you since your first stories and you are getting better and better. Keep up the good work and I look forward to your next, whenever that comes out.

Archangel_MArchangel_Mover 5 years ago

A superlative bit of space opera, and a truly delightful read. Bravo, Sir! <3

Steve150177Steve150177over 5 years ago
An excellent story, however one question.

You are a gifted writer. Excellent characters who were totally believable and I loved Tammy to death.

Are you aware of the possibilities of Patreon? Check out the story "Three Square Meals" here. The author also posts it on Patreon and gets thousand of $$ for each chapter. Read the comments to see what I mean starting about chapter 70 or so.

Now, a question. I didn't see the ?why". I don't understand why the bad guys sent her ship to that planet and why they needed to kill or recapture her. And of course this story doesn't make it clear that the our aliens are fairly good to their 'subject' races.

[BTW--- I can't say that Western Civilization has been all that good to the rest of humanity, even if we just look at the last 115 years.]

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good story

This was my first experience with ripperfish. Will now read the full list of your stories. Thanks for letting me read your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Hated the last chapter!!!

Because it meant the end of a well written, great story, that I was sad to see end:)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thanks

You done good, Fish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Glad to have you back!

Looking forward to more kickass stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
DEM not needed.

I have read a lot of SF and fantasy, comic books and a little anime, so I get used to stories not having satisfying endings. I liked the ending a lot, and didn't feel the d.e.m. was absolutely needed, so not exactly as odious as they are when there's no other way out. You foreshadowed the rescue with the mention of the pilot sending her own message as well, so we could reasonably guess this might reasonably happen. Kind of reminded me of a Master and Commander ending where a fleet of ships came and stole the glory from the Captain at the last moment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Perfect

I really enjoy your stories and have come to love all of the Characters, I started tearing up when I read that Jean said Yoshi was dead... So happy things have turned out the way they have and again want to thank you for introducing jZav'Etch into our lives. May you and yours enjoy peaceful and meaningful lives.

HedStrandHedStrandover 3 years ago
Disappointing

As usual, top writing and presentation, but I felt the plot was weak and though some characters had potential, they lacked depth and didn't really develop. Not nearly enough interesting content, essentially a long walk in the woods. By 2/3 of the way through I'd stopped caring who won, but hung in there in the hope it was building to a peak. Plot wise, at the end it coasted to a halt when the bad guys just ended their participation and went away.

Hope it all comes together and you find the storyline your writing deserves.

Strand

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the story. Notice that the captain at the end of this story is the admiral that put forth the experiment in "Upon A Savage Shore." The experiment of marooned humans and jZav'Etch working together.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Loved the story but it sure made me tired with all the trekking through the woods and such. Guess that's what a well written story does, makes you feel a part of the action. Reminds me very much of the movie Red Dawn, but in a different place and time.

Wolfgang1955Wolfgang1955about 1 year ago

Not enough happily after. To much tracking

ProgamermoveProgamermove12 months ago

Nice series, I thought the ending was fine and suitable. Interesting how the seeds for the secret observation mission on the humans were set up from here, cool connection.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A little hard to follow at times, which is the nature of foreign names. But the struggles, the strategies and so forth rang true. that is what counts and I very much enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story. You are a very talented story teller.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca5 months ago

Riveting tale, couldn’t put it down. Absolutely 5⭐️s. Should be more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRipperFish@RipperFish
I just got a reply from Amazon and I need everyone to stop trying to leave reviews of the book. It will do no good and I do not want anyone to risk getting into trouble. I am going to get some legal advise and will be out of circulation for a while. Also, I am considering mov...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES