All Comments on 'About Leaving and a Comeback'

by JoshFrom53

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

To me, the only part of the story was having Annette as a coke fueled party slut that wanted Robert to see her in action. Robert's reaction should have been to run far away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Annette and the school dismissing him without getting his side was a stretch for me and when the author threw in that utter "better off with her than without her" bullshit I was lost. The story had so much potential but just turned to shit through the last quarter. Robert's reintegration with his bio family was pathetically poorly represented. This could have been so much better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Overall loved the story, but was disappointed the mental/emotional return journey for Robert was given so little play, and hard to believe that after the utter abandonment and attachment injury created by the crazy cunt of a wife that he would be able to trust her again.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

I don't know how some of you Authors do it, writing an EPIC Love story like this! It had everything, everything to become a Best Seller. Had I received this on my desk 34 years ago, I'd have rushed it through for recommendations. Excellent story and worthy of 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE BLAZING NOVA STARS and a BIG Thank you. Please keep doing just what you did. I'd love to see you break the Literotica Habit and drop the dot dot dots!

Turning502019Turning502019over 1 year ago

Would have liked to see something happen with the mom and sister. Bit of a cliffhanger there.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

This was very well written. But the whole plot was based on garbage, and as they say in computer science, garbage in garbage out. The fact that he fell in love with her is ridiculous, she - as another commenter inelegantly put it - was a coke slut with behavioral problems. He had no reason to not want to have anyone better (which is most women) in his life.

And I agree, "am I a better man with or without her" is stupid AF. Maybe "am I happier with or without her" is at least reasonable to an extent - but still needs to be moderated by "what fucking pain will she put me through next?".

What will she do to him next time she "snaps"?

I gave it 3.5 stars mostly because it was quality writing, and if you didn't base it on such ridiculous basis points, the quality would have easily gotten you 5 stars.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 1 year ago

A 5* until the strange and inconclusive end. 3*. Very disappointed.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 1 year ago

Really well done! Great story.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 1 year ago

A great read.

It's good to see a few skilled writers coming through.

Well written and plotted. And professionally choreographed.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not sure why Robert didn't run away from Annette first time and the second. I mean she treated him badly without remorse the whole time they were roommates. How can you trust such a person? Then the way she threw him out was also extremely hurting. I know people compromise. But for someone who was maniputed for his whole childhood, this feels like utter opposite of what his instict should be.

Chiara23Chiara23over 1 year ago

@inka2222

Her 'behavioral problems' were a mental illness, a chemical imbalance in her brain called bipolar disorder cause by either her neurotransmitters not producing enough serotonin, or her neuroreceptors not utilizing the serotonin correctly.

How do I know this? Because I live with bipolar every day of my life. It's people like you who put mentally ill people in Bethlehem (bedlam) hospital in England and charged the public five pence to view then mentally feeble as they called them.

While it didn't get mentioned in the story i'm presuming that Nette was under care and on medication to help her manage her disease. People with mental health issues can, and do, do things with an even more knee-jerk response than those who are not neurodivergent.

Also in regards to Robert's actions, people who live with abuse have great difficulty escaping the mindset that they are at fault, or they're not good enough and deserve the abuse. Robert was only recently out of a lifetime of abuse, so it would've been hard for him to separate his love for Nette for her poor treatment of her.

Sorry for the dissertation on mental health and neurodivergence. The story was well written and paced even though at times difficult for me to read at some points.

5*

Love, Chi

linnearlinnearover 1 year ago

Very enjoyable read. I thought the ending was a bit unfinished, I wanted to see him.meet with his sister and mother. Still 5*****

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Robert's Fight or Flight instincts don't work very well. He was always running. Annette is a terrible partner. He was lucky to make it to the end. He was his own worse enemy.

Markflash87Markflash87over 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story. Wish you’d add a chapter with the reunion with his mother and sister!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

First one good writing. But as where is ever a but, in the secound part are holes to drive a train thru!

I get it his wife snapped because of her mental illness, but his adopted and in-laws parents too

are hard to belive. Do you always belive without a doupt? Or you WANT to belive. There are better ways to strech a story.

jlg07jlg07over 1 year ago

Good story, but it was a little too easy for him to forgive his wife/ in laws. They betrayed him and he would have had a much harder time to get past that.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 1 year ago

What happened to his real mom n sister?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bullshit he would forgive them that easily. It beggars belief that they would all toss him out of their lives like that, he'd nearly die and then he would essentially shrug and forgive them. The lack of trust and respect they showed him was too much to forgive so quickly if ever. Was a good story until then.

mattenwmattenwabout 1 year ago

A very entertaining story very well told. While I disagree with the quick reconciliation, the story is still good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A very good story which I find to be somewhat rushed at the end--both in the sense of the relative immediacy of the reconciliation but more importantly, the failure to allow an encounter with his mother and sister and an indication of the outcome of that encounter.

Still gave 5 stars. You're a very talented writer. Thank you for sharing.

G

Covert43Covert43about 1 year ago

In a way, a part of me wants to read about a branch off where Robert dies by that dumpster and the family struggles heavily with their guilt

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why the sprint to the finish? It was unnecessary and left some things out.

Covert43Covert43about 1 year ago

To the author,

I greatly enjoyed your stories with the only downside I can see is your finishing touch, your stories have an abrupt finish usually leaving a lot of the story unfinished, the silver lining in this is your stories are so intriguing that people want more and notice the abrupt ends, it’s just my opinion but on your next story make it a tad longer and work on your ending and the 5 star ratings should increase.

Just my opinion though, keep up the good work

MormonJackMormonJackabout 1 year ago

Thank you! Much appreciated. I would also like to comment on the story: it was a long and emotional build-up with a quick and simple resolution/reconciliation. Maybe that's how things actually go, but it seemed too easy, too quick given that he was angry and depressed. IMO, it takes a lot to overcome those emotions, overcome the angst and get back to a semblance of normalcy and this story cut out all of that turmoil - yeah, even getting back together is tumultous.

Tarloso2Tarloso2about 1 year ago

Really liked this one..maybe a bit more on the first family and his reintro to his mother and sister but still simple but good

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story and please ignore the hard of thinking. Never change a thing. Shakespeare never dotted all his 'i's and crossed all his 't's. You sure as heck don't need to.

jon991gjon991gabout 1 year ago

I agree with many of the other comments that it was a little too easy for him to forgive his wife and in-laws. They betrayed him and denied him his children, a lot of time was spent telling his story up to the betrayal, then it seemed like a rush to the end, there should have been a mutch harder time to get past thier betrayal and rebuilding the trust.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not gonna lie, this story reads likes your main character is a 42 year old therapist. Did you forget he was 18?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is one of the most absurd stories on here. The commentor below me was on to something. He's 18, he gets abused his whole life and turns out to be more well rounded than any adult? A virgin who gives his first partner multiple orgasms. It goes on and on. There's almost no reality. Write a part 2 where he cures cancer, invents warp drive and wins the UFC heavyweight title, it's the only way to follow up PT 1.

Covert43Covert4311 months ago

To the 2 anonymous’ from a month ago, some people are smarter than others and what people don’t realise is pain is the best teacher out there, it matures and teaches faster than most other methods, so if he is naturally intelligent and given the abuse he suffered growing up it either should’ve broken him or matured him at a rapid pace..

I speak from experience as growing up people said I was smarter and more mature than my peers but didn’t seem to notice or care of the hard life I had, albeit with me the pain matured and broke me, so can’t win everything.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Gus: "They sacked you on rumors, without proof or an investigation. They denied you due process. So, it was a wrongful termination. Better still. Refuse to go there and let them come to you. This is going to be very interesting."

====> isn't that what Annette, Gus, and Anne did to him? Ending was too abrupt. Emotionally taut up until the twins found him, but much to easily resolved after he consented to come home. The dialog in the hospital was heartbreaking. Yes a reconciliation was nice to see but came about too easily. MC went through hell. His brothers are vile things.

were_wolfwere_wolf10 months ago

I like this story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

this is why you don't marry stupid crazy bitces. OP put up with so much from Annette and the hoe is too stupid to see a fake photo, some cunts are honestly better off raped and discarded

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Hmmm, a lot of holes in this story. Where the police in this? Ending was really rushed and unsatisfying.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The jumped from unconditional love to get the hell away from me without even verifying the authenticity of the photo show a lack of any true love. The nab is a friggin and she is a former crack whore. Iwould have expected a litytle more comittment from her.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I have a problem with people not giving me the benefit of the doubt.. especially people that know me better than I know myself. His wife didn't even bother to ask him if it was true. She just immediately packed up his shit and met him at the door. No ma'am.. WHY was it so easy for her to believe he would cheat on her? She's known him for year's, she knew his character. Yet, she immediately saw a picture and found him guilty. He stood by her during her drunken/drugging slut days. He knew that person was not who she really was.. but the minute he was in trouble, her and her parent's didn't even give him a chance to defend himself, they all turned their backs on him.. they all just believed it.. had they let him defend himself they would've saw he wasn't guilty.. I have a HUGE problem with this ..I don't want people in my life that's just going to believe the worse about me....without even bothering to reflect on the type of person I am.. I'm also a virgo who don't forgive or forget.. I would've told them all to go FUCK THEMSELVES WITH A SICK DICK🤨...also why was he living on the streets if he was "well off"? That didn't make a lick of sense to me.

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun8 months ago

Great story. Thanks.

MasterKoteMasterKote8 months ago

Enjoyed the story but some details left out

hindsight2020hindsight20207 months ago

Why the abrupt end?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Divorce her and move on.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Every situation in this story is soo over the top that you start predicting everything before it happens. It's crazy.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This was such a weird read. The bones of this story are very good but I have to agree with the previous commentor, it's too over top to be believable. Funny how Robert ALWAYS says or does the virtuous thing. Or how a virgin is a sex god from day 1. It's just constantly giving you stuff like that over and over. Of course BOTH his brothers were rapists. Of course the mom and sister were the good ones. Of course he bought their old house without knowing. Of course the kids just happen to stumble upon him on the other side of the country at random? Star Wars is more nonfiction than this at times

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well written but the treatment he received from a so called loving family dropped it down. Treated like trash with no one believing him and everyone including doctors manipulating him to satisfy their own objectives was horrible. They used his love for his children to manipulate him. Expected the story to destroy him again after the so called happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Ambitious, but the instant nuclear response is hard to deal with. Especially considering how he dealt with all her problems when she was younger before her stint in rehab. Gus and Anne were disappointing also. Shows blood is indeed thicker. Locked, divorce filing, etc all from a single picture? At least confront. Of course his drastic response shows he has some deep seated mental issues. If they had no kids, doubt they woukd make it back. Surprised he doesn't need therapy. No mention of birth mother or birth sister.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I loves the story till the hospital. His “new” family treated him worse than his “old” family did. Robert would never trust them again. The only persons he would stay in contact with are the twins and his kids.

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

My favorite so far. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Chapter 2????? Would love for this to continue, still have to have him talk to his real mother and sister.

vicelordvicelord4 months ago

It's clear that JoshFrom53 worked very hard on this story but, as the range of comments shows, the result is somewhat of a mess. For me, the problem is that the story just became more and more preposterous as I read on with "Roborob" finally just making me shake my head.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story, well written and with good pacing. 5* One problem, though: Anne and Gus turning on him so quickly, without giving him a chance, betrays the character you gave them. After the drama in Annette's youth, they would have known better. But, as a romance author you needed that split-up for the final make-up, so next time think of some other reason...

212234521223454 months ago

Very good, but the split with the adoptive parents was not real. Maybe make them choose their daughter over Robert, but to split was completely uncharacteristic and really unbelievable as written. However, a really great story, well written and captivating. Keep up the good work, we'll keep reading.

Waldteufel61Waldteufel613 months ago

Good story, second time I’ve read it; quite disappointed in the flat rushed ending.

MisterMordinMisterMordinabout 1 month ago

Strange story. The biggest problem for me was the inconsistencies of the various characters acting 'out of character'. The author needs to get inside the head of his creations a lot more so that they don't go stupid without justification. The last third of the story just did not work.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Let's be honest, your protagonist was an idiot from the start. Why should he have changed?

Anyone who wants to meet these people again after such an outburst of distrust must have a damaged roof, right?

01Timber6701Timber6716 days ago

So what happened with him seeing his mother and sister, ???

and the brothers who are in prison for rapping the babysitter. Yet else happened to them for what they did to his new family and job ???? The ending felt rushed to come to and end

3⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJoshFrom53@JoshFrom53
Hello everyone I'm retired so I have enough time on my hands. I write to entertain. To entertain my readers and myself and do so with the help of two patient editors. I walk, I write and not necessarily in that order. My stories are written as they come to me. Therefore m...

SIMILAR Stories