All Comments on 'After a Broken Heart'

by SirAuthor

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
IbeSteveIbeSteveabout 1 year ago

Wonderful story. Thank you

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956about 1 year ago

Good story, but it felt just a bit rushed at the end.

Bronco56Bronco56about 1 year ago

Great romantic story

5stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You lost me when she agreed to stay at a complete strangers house for the night, she didn't contact anyone to let them know where she was, or who she was with... There's no way a woman is going to trust a strange, unmarried man that quickly. She also let him do _everything_ for her - dinner, rental, etc. She's either a gigantic idiot or a gold digger. I know I shouldn't expect reality, but some realism would be nice.

classicrockerclassicrockerabout 1 year ago

wonderfully done - people, places, sexuality story line all gelled perfectly. They it ended, you could have drawn it out for several ways, and great fiction always leaves you with "I want more". Thanks for a great read

olddave51olddave51about 1 year ago

Great story But like many Literotica stories it is rushed at the end. It is very hard to not do it. I do it in my own stories.

We build up to a apogee and then plummet without a glide path just straight down. I wish I could bring a story in for a soft landing

5 stars

TonyspencerTonyspencerabout 1 year ago

Yes, it worked for me too. Nice story, very well paced and well told.

historyandherstoryhistoryandherstoryabout 1 year ago

Nice story, gave us a warm and comfortable feeling. Thank you.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 1 year ago

I really liked the story although it was a Fantasyland plot. Two perfect people meet and have instant rapport. Nice if you can get it. I really disliked their long distance problem solution. She had to change from being a prominent part of a significant company to being his "assistant", a distinctly subordinate role. No question they could make it work, but I was left with a bad taste in my mouth. if they had come up with a more equitable solution I would have given the story a solid 4*, but ended up with a disappointed 3*. Nice try, but no cigar!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I was looking forward to a nice romantic story, but was disappointed!

Good points. The story was well proof read, always a plus for me as I hate bad spelling, bad punctuation and hanging threads. There was plenty of dialogue, but it was quite stilted and unnatural at times. There was a nice twist when it turned out that Kim was three years older than Brian: I firmly believe that women are at their peak in their 40s, for beauty, sexuality, self-confidence poise and allure…

Unfortunately, there was no tension in the story. No “will they, won’t they”. They agreed about everything! Boring. There were no skeletons in the cupboard, no current lovers lurking in the background, no unfinished business. Brian’s bosses just rolled over. Brian and Kim kept complimenting each other - what happened to playing hard to get? Kim just stayed at Brian’s house having known him for a couple of hours. What? Any sensible woman would have walked away, sorry. And worst of all, Brian was insufferably boring! The sex scenes didn’t really work. I usually get quite wet reading about sex, but not this time. At the end, Kim married a rich man and Brian got a trophy wife. My eyes usually mist over when there’s a happy ending, but I was just relieved it was all over, sorry.

So, in all, a good effort, but you need to learn some writing craft.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I would have liked to see him reconnect with his sons. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Started reading this yesterday and got very bored with it around page 2. Gave up but finally finished it this morning. I have to say, it was pretty bad. I've some of your other stories and they were better, but this one just kept putting me to sleep. 2*

J6480J6480about 1 year ago

Nice to read something that's not just wham, bang, bang, bang.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Agree with Overcritical. The „distance issue“ was not necessary for the plot. So leaving it would have been much better than desperately trying to find a solution that in the end stil does not make sense. It also hasn‘t helped bringing some urgently needed tension to the story which flows much too smoothly to be exciting. Three stars, which I believe is generous.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy12 months ago

Great story! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

5

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wonderful story, touching, sweet, well-written, with a good plot and some excellent love scenes.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

If one only has two sons, the one born first is the older son, not the oldest son.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSirAuthor@SirAuthor
I've had three different careers and many different jobs. I've been to over 30 countries and 49 of the 50 states, plus 3 U.S. territories. I know several languages and speak two. I've been married twice, once unsuccessfully, and once successfully - and currently. I love an...

SIMILAR Stories