All Comments on 'Alison Found'

by Andyhm

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
ValintValintalmost 6 years ago
Thoughts

In a lot of ways, this feels to me like trading similar ground to 'Alisha', but with two MCs who are much more sympathetic, which I'm okay with.

* Holy crap, did that relationship go from 0 to 60 in short order! No "let's get to know each other again", no "let's see how well we can integrate our lives", just *bam* we're back together and engaged.

* Alison obviously gets credit for realizing that it's on her to pursue Josh, and she does so with great vigor... but there is a sense in which she basically just put her entire life on hold to do so, and the lack of any real attempt at integrating those lives together makes me wonder if this is indeed her new normal, or if it's just a fantasy she's indulging in before she goes back to her real life.

* Josh recognizes that Alison deflected any real discussion of her history and personal life... but never really gets back to that. Makes me wonder what kind of hidden landmines are waiting to go off. For all that this is "The End?", it feels like there are an awful lot of potential issues that Alison just deferred (her career, her past, her personal life) rather than dealing with. It felt more like Arc One of a three-arc story than a "Everything's resolved and they lived happily ever after."

* I'm glad you didn't do more with the "Alison's a submissive who lets alpha males push her around" thing (i.e., the Antonio thing at the party), but that kind of raises some questions for the future of the relationship, if her usual behavior is to just go with the flow in her social group like that. Does she go back to her old habits once they're back to civilization and she's interacting with those kind of people again?

* When you get right down to it, I'm not sure how much trust Alison deserves. Her description of past events to Josh and Lesley aren't necessarily *contradictory*, but there's differences in shading. Makes me wonder how much of her stories are things that are, well, true from a certain point of view, or things she wishes were true, or what not, such as how she describes her relationship with Simon and her claims that she was planning on getting a PI to look for Josh. She *is* an actress, after all.

* Antonio comes across as a spoiled child playing the tough guy. I mean, it feels harsh to look down on someone for *not* being a rapist, but c'mon, if you're drugging and kidnapping someone you have a crush on, you kind of have to have an endgame a little more thought-out than "Maybe she'll get Stockholm Syndrome?"

* If there's ever a sequel, I'd love to see Alison's POV. Josh's thought process is pretty straightforward: Girl he never got over re-enters his life, woos him, almost entirely conforms her life to his, and he rolls with it. Hers is a little more opaque to me: Is she having an existential crisis? Is her biological clock ticking? Josh at least had a superficial idea of what Alison's life was like, but she had no clue about his (or did she?); what made her so certain that she was still in love with a guy she, realistically speaking, barely knew?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good yarn

5 *s for an enjoyable read. One point: aboard a ship or a boat, a rope is called a line.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
good job.

This is a great story, and one of the better ones I have read. If you wanted, you could write more about these two, and their adventures in the South Seas.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Loved

it. There's a movie in this.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
I Was Concerned

I was concerned when the intro mentioned that the second half would be about loss, that he might end up losing her again, glad that I was wrong.

I was concerned with her actions at the premier. He didn't want to go, for reasons that seemed all to true! She'll be "right back" after the interviews, but even after the interviews took longer than expected, she DIDN'T come right back; then, when Josh came to get her, she seemed confused as to whether she would go with him or Antonio! That should have been a no-brainer!

While her later actions speak to her true love, I still don't totally buy her explanation for not reaching out to him as soon as she had the means. She was angry that HE didn't contact her when she never left contact info!

It's a minor detail, but I would have liked to see some digging into why she never got his email. Simple incompetence? Something nefarious?

Besides, as others have said, Alison's quick acceptance of a change in lifestyle, Lucy had a rather abrupt attitude adjustment. She quite quickly went from sneering condescension towards Josh to nearly friendly helpfulness!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 6 years ago
Thank you, Andy.

Top writing from a top author. You are absolutely one of the best around and this story reflects that. Thanks again, Randi.

AndyhmAndyhmalmost 6 years agoAuthor
@blackrandl Thank you

It’s always a pleasure to write a tale for one of your events, they usually drag me out of my comfort zone. Keep pushing me, I’m sure there a lot more to come.

Andy

ohioohioalmost 6 years ago
Another great story

Romantic, engaging... kept me reading, even though it's a long one.

Thanks!

ohio

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Gotta be honest...

I like the story but it left me feeling antsy with the story. Like a lot is left unfinished. I hope the best for main characters but there's so little to Allison's story, that most of it seems suspect. I have a feeling that a couple skeletons would have come out the closet that would seriously rock the boat. (If there was a continuation)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
This was a great story! It seems to describe a lot of mileage well, but upon reflection...

..., it was just clever hinting about coastlines and restaurants in small towns. Very well done. Maximum imagination value, minimum verbiage wasted on overly detailed descriptions of each and every location.

I do also feel that there is something we’re not being told.....it never comes out explicitly, but you hinted at it when our hero mentioned that Ali never really answered any questions about her past. She would “gloss over” or change the subject. Are there skeletons demanding equal time in a follow-up story?

I certainly hope so.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

Grate story, somewhat familiar, you left me with the feeling of incompletion. I only hope that you will take the time to review your own work. Thanks again.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 6 years ago
Boring and predictable

Once the confrontation scene occurred in the nightclub with Antonio you knew exactly what was coming.

And yes the so-called wife fiance Hollywood star whatever the fuck her name is... did an act of exceptional stupidity by believing that she just happened to bump into Simon and Antonio on some remote coastal location in the Adriatic

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good story

Right up until the hypno drug. And they had her for 48 hours and didn’t touch her? Still a very solid story!! Nicely done.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 6 years ago
Wow Andy, just a wow experience.TY

I started it, saw it was long, so I tried to scan it.... Could scan it, got hooked. Fun read.

Sunset154Sunset154almost 6 years ago
Great read

Great read, I hope there is a second part! 5 stars

IaOldTimerIaOldTimeralmost 6 years ago
Was worried

That you would kill her off. Well done. Needed a happy ending for a change.

tizwickytizwickyalmost 6 years ago
Allison Found and the Rings are the two of the best!

Congratulations Allison Found and The Rings are two of the best written short stories on Literotica ! Thank you for all your hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Five stars

Well written and extremely engaging. There are numerous hints that allow for more chapters to follow. I eagerly look forward to continuing the story, perhaps via flashbacks or other literary devices. Stories such as Alison Found, Alisha: A Dark Romance and Tales of Love mark you as one of the top writers in this niche. Keep up the great work.

rnebularrnebularover 5 years ago
Easy 5

Great story, an easy 5 score. Always enjoy reading your work, and look forward to your next story.

HotlegshelenHotlegshelenover 5 years ago
Five Stars

Great story, the only fault confusing Valencia (Spain) and Valletta (Malta)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Would love to see more of these characters!

Great story! 5 stars! Would love to see a continuation of some kind with these characters. Maybe building off the inconsistencies in some of Allison’s story about why she didn’t contact Josh or why she seemed hesitant to talk to him about some of her past and/or something from that past popping up to cause trouble? Could be interesting! In any case, great story!

stevetishstevetishover 5 years ago
More of this story please!

Really enjoyed this!

KRD19254KRD19254over 5 years ago

Now this is the third in a sequence (but poorly noted on your L list) with overlapping characters. This by far was your best with sequel suspense.

We want to know what revenge awaits Simon, Tony, & Petra. How does their marriage family life develop with Hollyweirdo's complicating Ash's married life? When will BOTH Ali's meet? Maybe the 'Lost Girl' could come to the rescue of the 'Never Again' in the Mediterranean since they both frequent annually?

This is a 6* plus..... Salute.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great story

Notting Hill or Star no Koi, with the twist that the star and the plain guy know each other from before. Sure the holes can be explained with the notion that Alison/Ashley is a blonde ditz and needs Jos to lay the smackdown on her in order to finally be the woman he always wanted to love.

Jos beat up Antonio but he should have beaten up Simon too.

For a sequel, may I humbly suggest the following chronology:

Part 3 - Alison's viewpoint. What happened in the USA? How did she become a British Jennifer Lawrence just from staying in a cabin in Texas? Was it Joyce or Chad or both who pushed her into it? Did she have to pull a fast one for some Harvey Weinstein-type figure?

Part 4 - Unfinished business with the bitch mother Joyce and her sleazy boyfriend Chad. Forgiveness, or SHUN GOKU SATSU with the two of them? Was Chad really being targeted by the FBI (which would also mean embezzlement of the company he worked at) and that's why he hid them away?

Keep up the great work

-Surge79uwf

DoctimeDoctimealmost 5 years ago

Outstanding. Definitly was a page turner. Wish I knew the prequels.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 5 years ago
Enjoyed other stories

Really like the dirty old man series. But concerned as just found the new Alison story, to find it is second of series. So opening this story and checking comments it appears there are 2 more before this one.

What the heck are the stories in order, and why didn't you just list them as a series? At least tell us at the start of this story, or do you prefer we waste time reading.

AndyhmAndyhmalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Confusion about the story order

A quick reality check as I’m seeing a degree of confusion in the comments of both Alison stories - Alison Found began life as a stand alone entry into a Literotica event . It was only much later that I decided to expand on the story and began writing a companion piece from Alison’s perspective. That story is Alison’s Lament, the first part of which was published this week, for me the goal was to fill in the gaps. The two stories are complementary as both cover the same time line. I intend to extend the timeline slightly at the end of the second part and I’m considering the option for a third Alison and Jos tale which will add to the timeline.

Andyhm

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hard to care about

A grown man pouting like a child because life got in the way.

DDAY55DDAY55about 4 years ago
Where's the real dad.

What happened to Alison's dad. I know the story is not about her folks but my god the poor sod. Lost his wife to a rich lothario and his wife kidnapped his daughter. Someone needs to go jail for that. Sad thing is I am sure this kind of thing can happen. They'd have to institutionalize me. Someone would die. it doesn't sound like Chad would be too hard to find since Alison's mom and he worked for the same outfit. It doesn't seem that Alison was too much of a daddy's girl, since she never even tried to connect with her real dad even though she kept her father's name. Her mom could have told her lies and poisoned her against her father. Which makes the mother even more of a low life.The mother to me sounds like an opportunist and her lover a rich asshole though you try to make out he was an ok step dad. Yuck!

Good story. Thanks I enjoyed it. Good writing like this gets my blood boiling. I can't wait to read the sequels. Thanks again.

I hope you got my e-mail on the naive wife and it doesn't stop you from sharing with us your great talent.

AndyhmAndyhmabout 4 years agoAuthor

@DDAY55.

Thanks for the heads up, I've got in touch with the site and asked them to take it, and a second one I spotted down.

avidreader123avidreader123over 3 years ago
Very Enjoyable

Very enjoyable read, the characters were very engaging and the action was riveting.

DDay, I'm not a fan of cheaters either (my preference is BTB), but there was a part about the birth father was abusing the wife. Obviously she should have left him before starting another relationship, but she may have had battered spouse syndrome. Then he started making death threats. I think indeed he should have been institutionalized.

We don't know enough about the boss to say if he was a slime ball or not. He was sleeping with a married woman, but maybe he saw some bruises and became her white knight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
To avidreader123

If you read her side of the story you will see that the part about the father abusing the mother here may have been embellished by Alison/Ashley in order to justify her mother spiriting her away to the US. Andy has not explained why first she talks about living in Texas when most of the time she was in Colorado.

Given that from the other story we know that Alison never really stopped being a lesbian after college/university, the BTB crowd can only hope that her demise is something similar to Laptopwriter's "I Was Gonna Learn to Fly", in which the actress is left a miserable shell, having cheated on the hero and later being cheated on.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The author is a good storyteller but he has a weakness for unpersuasive melodramatic conclusions.

kemanderkemanderabout 3 years ago
One Star

Simply because too much of the starring role's personal detail was left either glossed over or entirely dropped as inconvenient. Timing and placement within the story of the introduction of details within the plotline is too important to treat casually. If the timing isn't right, that's on the author's lack of short term memory or skill level, but it's no excuse for eliminating the revelation of the details. This really could have been a fantastic rail gripper had the author taken the time to work it through well. I won't thank you for less than a stellar effort when it was more a waste of both of our time.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 3 years ago

A nice story with a happy ending. Sure there are details one can nitpick, but that’s no fun. I bet the relationship long term would not work unless she stayed out of acting and was happy with a family. Like Sophia Loren, and a small handful of actresses that succeed at family life instead of having a string of failed marriages. Still, there are hints that she might not fit that mold, but we can just hope for the best. Her excuses for not contacting him over the years seem a bit off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good tale but a weak rescue and ending. As a previous comment has it, her excuse for not contacting Josh after her mother whisked her away does not wash. Nor does she explain how she completely forgets him! Very good plot but in hurrying through the story, much was lost. Can you imagine a kidnapper voluntarily offering the details of their plans, to the assembled company?! that was stupid. Only 4*s, where it could have been a 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I never warmed up to Alison. She had 12 years and a lot of money for most of it and yet NEVER looked for him. She passively waited for him to somehow contact her and when he didn't she forgot about him within a year except for a birthday reminder every year. Honestly didn't want them to end up together and felt that she deserved Toni and Simon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Entertaining read with a lot, and I mean A LOT, of plotholes. Her bodyguards should be fired for a start. There were engaged after one week of their reunion? As a love story it never worked for me. Good effort. Fun to read but too much suspension of belief.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

Overall a very good story. Page 8 where the other yacht overtakes your catamaran just a few hundred meters abeam is wrong. A good security team on the chase yacht would have been between you and the unknown yacht to prevent "anything" to disturb your sailboat. I do like the parts where Jos put his foot down about moving rooms and dinner locations.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesabout 2 years ago

Antonio and Simon's kidnapping plot made no sense. It's as if Margot Robbie, say, had been kidnapped by Will Smith and a prominent businessman/socialite so that they could drug her and thus induce her to fall in love with --- what, both of them? And then what? Convince her to retire from movies and live voluntarily with her two kidnappers in a happy menage a trois?

.

Even if the kidnapping, in a unlikely-to-be-written sequel, proves to be a big fake out, and there was some other secret purpose behind it, perhaps related to Alison's mysterious stepfather, this story is still ridiculous. Wouldn't Dave, at least, see through how senseless the kidnap "plan" was and suspect that there was more to it?

MJB69MJB69about 2 years ago

Another great story thank you. The back story, the characters and locations are all impeccably described and detailed, it has such a feel of reality about it, whether you like the characters or not. The ending is a bit weak but overall, brilliantly done.

Only one slight issue is the proof reading, but hell that's so minor compared to the overall package as to be Irrelevant.

I think you mean Valletta in Malta by the way, I haven't visited since my honeymoon over 40 years ago, but it is a beautiful place.

OldmaninthewoodsOldmaninthewoodsalmost 2 years ago

A few plot gaps at the end but still an excellent story, solid 5*

RuttweilerRuttweileralmost 2 years ago
I have some difficulty with the premise.

Have you ever had a childhood friend that you spent years with, and when you run into them years later, you find that you don’t really have that much to talk about. They have become strangers. I find it incredible (unbelievable) that someone who was in a childhood romance, however deeply, would run into their crush many years later and still be just as in love, immediately. No “getting to know each other again”, no long discussions about our lives, no taking time to fall in love again. Just, BAM! Still as in love as before.

People change with experience, and their feelings change too. Something is really wrong with a person who feels just as they did when they were teenagers, as if they just came out of suspended animation. They’re actually in love with a fantasy. Not good.

It seems to be a common male fantasy that a woman we really, really loved would be unable to forget us, but the truth is, we are all pretty forgettable, given time.

IndulgemenowIndulgemenow10 months ago

Not bad, but a few nautical inaccuracies. Valencia is a port on Spain's Mediterranean coast. Malta's main port is Grand Harbour, in Valletta, the nation's capital.

A culinary note....I know no-one who would, and I quote, "suck the juices out of the head of a grilled shrimp". Yuck.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A spoiled actress gets obsessive stalker/fans to drug and kidnap her and flee on the sea, just like a 'real movie'. Then a daring stealthy rescue by her childhood fiance and security, by welcomed top model, Alisha and her friends, Jamal And patron Mauricio. Does love win over ruthless drugs and lust?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

1 star for the lesbian relationship and denying children the advantages of the yin-yang of a mail/female family unit to grow up in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Please work on your endings. It detracts from an otherwise enjoyable story. This one is very similar to Alisha's tale, which suffered from the same issue. By the way, is this the same Alisha? I have to assume so. So, nice crossover.

One minor nitpick: Why make such a big deal about the panic button, and then not use it? I'm thinking about the narrative principle of "Chekhov's Gun"

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndyhm@Andyhm
Jan 2023 I’m afraid that for the foreseeable future I’ve had to put hold any work on current and future stories on this site. There is so much going on in my life currently that I’m unable to justify the time I spend writing short stories. Hopefully this will be a temporary h...

SIMILAR Stories