All Comments on 'Alone at the End of the World Ch. 04'

by Cruel2BKind

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great ending

The ending was sad but realistic. Just glad that the small farmhouse community survived the disease and learned to live in harmony. This was a great story.

mashedpotatoehead45mashedpotatoehead45about 12 years ago
Very nice...

Enjoyed your story... Happy for Jonah and Thad.

npiccininpicciniabout 12 years ago
Fanstastic

Under the circumstances that was the happiest ending you could have written. And it was a good time for an ending, glad you didn't drag it out longer. I really, really enjoyed this story, as I've told you before - I do enjoy your "harder" stories the most. Oh and have to say, glad you had David be the one to put Mark down. He needed to be the one to do it, glad you recongnized that.

Looking forward to seeing how you wrap up Tenderness and New World and can't wait to see what you have for us next! Thanks Babe!

canndcanndabout 12 years ago

What a great ending! I thought the crowning achievement was David listing all the things he'd known his brother had done and exacting justice and a death sentence. I love how you showed how life could go on despite the trip back to such a simple life and how the love that people found in the house was such strength for them. Overall, a great tale and I know you sounded harried in your comments but I think despite working on three stories at one time, you did this one all the justice you could. Now get back to Matteo :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Scarily Fantastic!

It was sad, moving, realistic and very well done. I don't know if there will be everlasting peace, but there is life. You can't get more real than that, except for death. That is the commonality in all things. Great writing!!!

julrijulriabout 12 years ago
great ending! Another fiver *****

Thank you so much for finishing this so well. It was well worth all your effort as it was a great read. Clever way to end Mark's miserable life, two thumbs up! I read this with the Inception soundtrack playing in the background. you were right it did add the touch.

Thank you again and I'll look forward to your other stories.

J~

MolagBalMolagBalabout 12 years ago
Another great 5/5 read

You had me so fucking scared. I thought a "dark" storyline would include the deaths of some of the main characters. You're a real softy, you know. Some of the couples could have been torn apart and the story's ending would have remained. The fact that the college boy couldn't get hard to rape? Awfully convenient :P. The looter's plight was a little sad, but I wasn't invested enough to care very much. Ben's molestation didn't really bother me either, it wasn't mentioned much and he was such a small character.

I look forward to reading another series when I have the time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
lo amo ...

el final me dejo con una sonrisa :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
misleading

When you said the story would have a dark ending I was worried but I really liked the way you finished it. It's really nice to get closure for the characters like that. I'm not accusing you of anything at all, but have you watched the show the walking dead? There are a few similarities, but there's only so much you can realistically do in a post apocalyptic world. Anyways, if you haven't seen it you might enjoy it. You mentioned zombie movies don't get into the relationships enough, but its A tv show so they put more into building relationships with the characters like you did. This was very good, and I'm looking forward to checking out some of your other work now :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

You can write, but always, in your stories, there is too much rape. It interferes with the story, in that after a while, you start to ask yourself, does this author get off on rape? It's not okay. Rape is a violent crime - there's nothing sexy about it.

SanguineAffairSanguineAffairover 11 years ago

Really good writing, so I gave a top rating, but I agree with anon. There's a lot of rape. :-/ I commented on an earlier chapter about the same thing, and I have to reiterate...put warnings at the beginning of your story. Not everyone wants to read about it, and not everyone can actually handle it, because it's a trigger. I'm not going to say whether or not you should have that much of it in your story (stories?) because it's yours, and you can do whatever the hell you like with it. I'm a writer, I understand that we don't write for our readers, we write for ourselves. That said, show some respect and consideration for your readers and put in warnings so that people know what they're getting into.

bemeupbemeupabout 11 years ago

You keep writing how you want to write and I will certainly keep reading it.

Thanks for all of your contributions!

blastwizardblastwizardabout 11 years ago
The truth of your final line gets to me.

In all things worth experiencing, that statement holds the cement in a person's well being. Everyone does not need a partner, but having someone to share trials, tribulations and just be a source of hope is a blessing that not many experience. Your writing is moving in a lot of ways. It can be jarring, shocking, thoughtful and truly mind numbing. I mean that in a good way. Real life is not always beautiful and sometimes the darkness seems never ending, but your work has a way of reminding a reader that thru all this dark, maybe just maybe or possibly, hopefully, mindfully there is light and we will find it. That is a whole lot of words for your work rocks!!! Sometimes it's scary, but it still rocks!!

NoughtyNoughtyover 10 years ago
missing

I wanted to reread the story, but part 3 is missing :(

Love the writing, keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Amazing simply Amazinf

Loved it and trust me ive read alot of stories on here and i never comment but this one was worth it

Haphaestion2004Haphaestion2004almost 9 years ago
Fantastic !! Simply glorious !!!

Like in other series, I tried to only comment at the end ... really, at some point I was really struggling with it - and not because it's not good, because it is - it's actually amazing !! But I was crying my eyes out because of poor Jonah - all that suffering, and him being so meek - I fell for him, his small body, his tender eyes ... oh my goodness I just wanted to hug him - and I absolutely fumed about that fucking bastard Mark and the idiot who kept calling Jonah a faggot !! I made myself read it even though my heart was hurting and I'm not sorry - you are one awesome writer - a natural !! The story line is exciting and it keeps us on the edge of our seat. The characters are very interesting and believable. It feels as if they are living somewhere in the US ..

Whatever u do, don't ever stop writing. You are very good at it. :)

CE300CE300over 8 years ago
Awesome!!!!

This is my second time reading this story, something I hardly do. It is by far the most realistic zombie story I have read to date. Some people complain about to much rape, but I think it is fine. I love the darker stories. To me they are more realistic! Anyway awesome read!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thaddeus

I guess you had a reason to write him the way you did...maybe it seemed more realistic. But I couldn't stand him, the way he treated Jonah. Raped, beaten, pneumonia...and he just wanted to have sex...sick.

It was ok but too violent and I had to skip over a lot of passages to get to the end. Sometimes it felt like you doing this Dom/sub thing.

wawferwawferalmost 7 years ago
I love Thad!!!

He was awesome. He was exactly what Jonah needed to heal emotionally from what that rat bastard did to him. I also liked it when Jess walked in on them lmao šŸ˜‚

David, though sad, I believe it was necessary for it to be him to kill the psychopath he had for a brother. It was an intense scene

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ahhh šŸ™šŸ»

Yay. Sad it was over

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
How could you be so cruel to me?

I'm mad at you now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really liked it. I felt that Jonahs size and shape were over explained while Thads and everyone else's were explained only sparsely. And I think part Two where Jess walked in o

n Thad and Jonahs love making needs editing. I think you said "Jonah" when you meant "Jess". But I LOVE zombie stories and I love m/m stories so, I'm a fan if this one too! Good job!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I feel like there are too many to be verbs and repetitive writing such as having more than two sentences starting with the same word. The plot is oversaturated and the sexual parts are a little overdone. This is the description of a story with a mediocre plot and writing. For those reasons I belive this story embodies a mediocre description of "gay," black erotica.

The narrative skillfully explores the characters' lives, aspirations, and the unique struggles they encounter both individually and as a couple. The author avoids stereotypical representations, providing depth to the personalities of Elijah and Malik.

The setting plays a crucial role, immersing readers in a rich cultural context that influences the characters' experiences. The story confronts societal norms, racism, and homophobia, showcasing the characters' resilience in the face of adversity. The narrative does not shy away from addressing uncomfortable truths, contributing to its authenticity.

However, pacing issues and a somewhat disjointed structure affect the overall flow of the story. While the initial character development is strong, there are moments of stagnation that may challenge reader engagement. Additionally, some supporting characters lack the same depth as the protagonists, leaving aspects of the narrative underexplored.

On a positive note, the narrative features a lyrical prose that enhances emotional moments, capturing the essence of love and resilience. The author's ability to create vivid imagery and convey emotions adds to the overall reading experience.

In conclusion, this unnamed story commendably explores love, identity, and societal challenges faced by two gay black men. While excelling in character development and addressing important themes, the pacing issues and underdeveloped supporting characters prevent it from achieving a higher rating. Despite these drawbacks, the narrative provides a meaningful portrayal of the complexities of love in a diverse and challenging world.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous