All Comments on 'Alpha, Strange and Beautiful'

by Unsung Muse

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
MarshAlienMarshAlienover 16 years ago
Sublime

What an exquisitely wrought, beautifully crafted story. The imagery was wonderful, the story fascinating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Editor, please

The story has promise, but it needs the help of an editor to be fully enjoyable.

l8blooml8bloomover 16 years ago
Powerful

Thought I would faint when the narrator had that ice-cube fantasy in the bar. But, I had to keep reading. Superlative writing -- keep up the good work!

Varian PVarian Pover 16 years ago
luscious

Utterly gorgeous prose, every line taut and sensuous, every paragraph full of evocative imagery, the whole story twining up eroticism and sadness to delicious effect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Mesmerizing

We walk so close to her, sometimes we wonder if it is too close. Can we bear to know more?

Such a well-crafted, exquisite tale. Brava!

Have a great time in the contest,

Maharat

DarkniciadDarkniciadover 16 years ago
Vivid

Vivid imagery, and it just sucks you in.

dreamwriter1234dreamwriter1234over 16 years ago
Wow!

So well written.. such a good story... add a 5 bomb to your tally. Good luck with the contest.

ScheherazadeScheherazadeover 16 years ago
Exquisite and erotic.

I liked the story very much. I was a little confused about Gita - but when I got to the end, I understood the entire storyline. The word play is delicious, details extraordinary. Good luck!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Well done

exquisitely worded. I very much enjoyed your tale. Good luck in the contest.

sr71pltsr71pltover 16 years ago
Lush

Beautiful use of words and some melting sexual imagery (Ah, if only the ice cube image hadn't been just her imagination). A tad too slow moving for my tastes and the wondering of where the horror and Halloween connection were intruded on the flow of my read until late in the story, although when I traced back, I could see that the story was set up for them early on. Some of how the elements fit together and the meaning of this and that were lost on me--but I'm sure that's my failing rather than the story's. Still, the plotline seemed a bit thin to me for the length of the story.

MunachiMunachiover 16 years ago
beautifully written

Will have to read it again, probably a few times, there are parts I don't understand right now - but I liked it a lot...

damppantiesdamppantiesover 16 years ago
*contented sigh*

Another great one from you, Muse. I love getting drunk on your words.

Kev HKev Hover 16 years ago
Conflicted, though deeply moved

I wasn't going to admit being lost about certain elements until I saw a couple other honest souls admit it. Your style and word choice are astounding, but the basic intent of a story is, quite simply, to tell a story, yes? Possibly, your single flaw is in the lack of that final, subtle push to bring enlightenment to your reader. I beg you: find that last ability, master it, and know no peer. [Hmm, can't remember the HTML paragraph break code, so this will have to suffice, damnit.]....

No fuckin' way could I give you less than a five; even shrugging off the uneasy confusion leaves the story with meaning and enjoyment. But, in your quest for perfection, you may need to analyze how your stylistic complexity lends confusion to some of your most astute readers (and fellow writers). No one who loves your style would want to see you change that (and I'd get lynched for the suggestion), but I believe you are clever enough to gain perspective over your prose, see the potential traps, and prescript the perfect, tiny fixes. That is my hope, at least.

CopyCarverCopyCarverover 16 years ago
Muse-ical!

At the risk of redundancy, extraordinary!

tickledkittytickledkittyover 16 years ago
Oh, yes...

...strange and beautiful, indeed. I don't know what else I can say that has not already been said. Best of luck in the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
strange dreams :)

The search fulfilled..Your quest over with? Or was he always there waiting for you.. And Gita, who was she? Your alter image, your dark dream.. You idea of domination.. Strange dreams of submission.. And the humiliation all in your mind.. Awh, the headache here :) Yoron.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous