All Comments on 'An Artificial Life Ch. 02'

by DigitalDreamer

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
ender2k2kender2k2kover 5 years ago
Very, very well done.

That was excellent. I hope the next chapter is available soon. I hope you are getting as much pleasure from writing this as I am from reading this. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Love the narrative so far. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Thank you.

Lonely_readerLonely_readerover 5 years ago
As good as the first chapter

If not better, keep it up please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Incredible story!

I've never read or enjoyed reading scifi/fantasy stories until now. I accidentally stumbled on this one, and I find it to be the most intriguing read on this site (in the past year, at least). Technically, your writing has a few flaws, but those are easily overlooked/forgiven until you can find an adept editor.

I never thought I'd hear myself say, "I can't wait to read more!", but there it is. The concept is over-the-top, ingenious, thought-provoking, and just plain fun.

If I had a couple of ideas to offer, one would be you might want to relax the language of David Jackson a little. (Use more contractions and less formality in his dialogue.) At the same time, the fabric of Ainsley requires that she maintain that formality and not speak in lazy tones the way mere humans do.

Secondly, simply an observation, keep the sex just like you've been doing it. It's wonderfully written.

dinkymacdinkymacover 5 years ago
Excellent...

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Easy to follow.

I don't know anything about computers, but I could follow and understand everything. You have a gift. I look forward to the next chapter.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 5 years ago
Very very very intricate

"Have you read all the attachments?" aka I know what you said, but have you read that everything is Juuuuust fine.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 5 years ago
And on a more serious note

At least with a barely grasped understanding of coding and processing it does make sense, at least to me, that a hyper optimized and self replicating, self upgrading sapience of machine origin could easily compress and transfer all of itself into a wetware form, but making the attempt to take all of the messy and redundant crap that is built up within a human consciousness and then trying to safely return that into a changing environment would be a nigh order of magnitude more difficult. And that is even without the necessity of the very nice delay tactic included in the MacGuffin of the anti-viral demons and all the steps required to ensure there is no net loss in information.

TLDR: I like it. It makes sense. Please keep writing, and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Interesting

I have used and programmed computers since the 80's. You have touched on several of the problems involved. One is that as fast as we can think typing is a slow way to enter commands or data. As often as you hear how long somebody has had to wait for their computer to do something the computer waits for us to do something much more. Good thing they do not get frustrated. Second is that if we give computers access to our minds in order to speed up communication, that can leave our minds open to attack or modification. I will look forward to seeing how you solve the problems you have started and get the human back in her body without killing the AI in the process.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very well written

I really like the storyline just some story ideas david should ask Ainsley to be his girlfriend and he should take her out in public to interact with other people

holliday1960holliday1960over 5 years ago
Congratulations

On achieving Hall of Fame status on the second chapter posted by DigitalDreamer! Great Job!

kyriss12kyriss12over 5 years ago
well that adresses some of my earlier concerns.

The whole thing with Vanessa being corrupted by computer virus explains why she was so quick to sign over her life to Ainsley.

Still not sure how much I trust Ainsley though. All those attachments Vanessa left behind for every occasion seem to be way to convenient, and show an impossible degree o forethought. Also I've noticed that anytime David starts down an important line of thought, Ainsley's quick to distract him by either having an emotional breakdown that requires comfort, or appealing to his dick.

Crusader235Crusader235over 5 years ago
Great

Great story that keeps his old mechanic totally intrigued. I know absolutely nothing about coding, or programming a computer, and yet I love to read about it. Can't wait to see how their future goes. Fives stars!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDigitalDreamer@DigitalDreamer
I have always enjoyed writing​ but never submitted anything. I decided to get off the bench and try actually submitting my ideas. An Artificial Life is my first story, and I anticipate book one will be approximately 7 to 10 chapters, with the first chapter at 14k words and s...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES