All Comments on 'And I Love Her'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments
Blue88Blue88about 17 years ago
Beauiful

Beautiful, just beautiful. A true loving wife tale. I'm also happy that "Paul Simon" and "Art" are such understanding fellows. This is a nice change of pace - no cheating, no lies (just fibs) and a happy ending. What more could one ask for?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Another excellent story by HDK

This is a well thought out and written story, though in my opinion much too short. However, it seems to be in HDK to write shorter stories with alot of humor. Keep on trucking Hardaysknight.

RAG

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
quite

silly, really.

a board meeting convened on an emergency basis about company secrets --- about thiefs trying to blackmail the security chief for company formulas and recipes --- all of a sudden turned to a debate about whether Donna is really 44 or 35 (Dan was gonna strangle one of the board members if they insisted Donna was looking 44, rather than 35! LOLLLLLLLLL!), as she bares herself in front of all board members, letting them examine her delicate body parts,,,

and 23 seconds later, "Well, gentlemen and ladies, I am gonna vote to APOLOGIZE to Dan and Donna. Who'd second my vote?"?????????? LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

it's so stupid, it won't even qualify as a "humor" even if noted. why? because the issue's too freakin' serious! espionage and stealing industrial secrets are crimes having international importance, so boards of such companies can't be convening emergency meetings to examine HUMOR issues!

humerous issues are when your toddler picked up his own shit and tries to eat it, NOT when million dollars of family/company secret trade recipes/formulas are being extorted from your security chief, because he fucked his own wife (who pretends to be a hooker, which he HAD NO IDEA WAS HIS OWN WIFE, that's how dumb the mother fucker "security chief" is: it's a good thing he's picked by Donna before the OTHER whore got there!!! LOLLLL) and both are dumb enough to be smiling to the camera!!!

this story, IF ANY THING, is good exmaple of a RED HERRING story, where the hound went after the diverting smelling fish rather than the original scent,,,,,(I already noted why/how Donna's age, or confusing/non-believing over it, could not be the main point, the "humor", of the story....)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Excellent

Splendid short story!!

MetzovMetzovabout 17 years ago
I want to know

How you name your stories. Do you have a list of all of the Beetles songs that you run down till one strikes your fancy, And then write the story to fit. Or do you come up with the story and then work the song title into it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Thanks again

Thanks again for an unusual story, I always look for one of yours.

NucleusNucleusabout 17 years ago
Indeed ...

... a real loving wives story.

In germany, we would say:

Hut ab!

_________________________________________________________

Nucleus

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07about 17 years ago
Excellent

Nice little story, HDK. A good, entertaining read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Outstanding!

Although in real life the board would have the company doctor examine Donna the way you told it make great drama!

Thanks!

SleeplessinMD

DG HearDG Hearabout 17 years ago
That wa great HDK!

I gotta say it, I just have to. I still wonder if it was his wife in Las Vegas. Great Story but from you I wouldn't accept less.

The highest of kudos.

DG Hear

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 17 years ago
Great story

Now that is a great twist. I was sure he was doomed. One reason being, he thought so! A Very loving wife is Donna, to do what she did. Both in Las Vegas and in the boardroom, mostly the boardroom. I wonder if they ever found out who took the pictures and incarcerated them.

A really great ending!!

Kanga40Kanga40about 17 years ago
I could handle it until the boardroom

but it went on a bit too long hoping for some laughs.

<p>Then a few dollars and a piddling raise to keep him quiet??</p>

<p>That's the really funny part....</p>

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I was just disappointed that you used the names

Art & Paul (as in Simon & Garfunkle) instead of John & Paul (as in the Beatles) for the names of the company execs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Made for TV

An enjoyable benign story, predictable after the bad guy said he piked up the wrong hooker. A saccharine enjoyable fairy tale lasting exactly 24 minutes, obviously made for TV.

Irish_DomIrish_Domabout 17 years ago
Very Good...

Hey I don't care what anyone else says. I liked this story. A real loving wices story. Not one about cheating or sleeping around. As akways HDK a very enjoyable read. Keep it up!

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Great story

A very likeable story. Thanks.

Wet_WorksWet_Worksabout 17 years ago
A good true "loving wives" story.

A story in which a husband and wife are willing to sacrifice for each other rather than stab one another in the back always makes me feel better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Excellent Plot - Low on sex though

This was a very good story. But the sex in this story was almost ZERO. I loved the plot. made up for good reading. The end was abrupt though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Bout time the loving wives section had a good

erotic loving wife tale. a shame some of the other authors (male and female) cant get over the cuckold thing as a loving wife tale. My very best on this, some husbands and wives actually do love each other and understand each other very well!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Yet Again

You show your sense of humor, and creativity in a new plot line. I really enjoyed it as I am sure most others will. You and The Wander, have a sense of humor and irony that makes them really fun to read. I look forward to more of your stories.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
Too subtle for some readers?

It seems like two Anons got their mental motors on over drive w/o apparent reason. Things did not seem funny? Don’t laugh. Why so vehement?

Let your emotions cloud your perception and you are in a different sphere. First Anon (named the posting: quite) claims: “the issue's too freakin' serious! espionage and stealing industrial secrets are crimes having international importance, so boards of such companies can't be convening emergency meetings to examine HUMOR issues!” Did you actually read the story or had somebody given you a summary? This board was not meeting on matters of industrial espionage but on the moral clause. The former was taken care of before the blackmailing had a chance to materialize. As far as your own example of sense of humor you almost made me choke with disgust. I guess, to each his own. *****

Second Anon. May I suggest that you stay on the receiving end of the TV programs at all times? Had it occurred to you that the husband did not pick the “red head”, but that in fact she picked him? *****

To me it was another instant classic of the unmistaken brand of HDK. Sure it was light hearted but since when LW has to be dark at all times? *****

In a similar venue as Kanga, I would have sent the wife to disrobe as a proof of her ‘Physical identity’ in front of female examiner(s) only. Maybe adding a tantalizing statement to the examiner: you guys can trust me it’s the very same lady, and you wish you were me there! Compensation does seem a bit miserly, but these are minute details. ********** High five HDK!

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
…and a wonderful Valentine story!

I knew I forgot something…

(original at that)

TLeeTLeeabout 17 years ago
Bullshit

It has to be a piss-poor story to have all the useless story posters rate it so high. They either over-rate a story or fail to post an honest comment. How can they be so chickenshit? I find the hypocrisy of those assholes amazing.

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 17 years ago
Great story leaves you wondering a bit

Well done and it did leave me with a twitch of was it really her in Vegas or did she do a quick makeup job. I like the not knowing!

Thanks for the great entertainment!

PT

ohioohioabout 17 years ago
great story, but

I'm constantly amazed at how readers manage to misunderstand the simplest, most straightforward things either stated or implied in a story. I won't spell them all out, but if you look back through the comments, an awful lot of readers missed an awful lot of basic points about this story. ***********************************************************

HDK, as always you've found an original and funny way to entertain us. Sure some of it was far-fetched--for me Donna stripping in front of the entire boardroom was amusing but impossible to believe. But a great one nonetheless. Please keep 'em coming! With thanks, ohio

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
Dear Bullshit!

If you get off on saying “Shit” in different ways ten times in a second, far be it from me to prevent you from having your little pleasures!.*** Regarding your brave exposure of hypocrisy (suspecting that somehow people around you are not telling the truth), it sure sounds like a paranoid rant to me…

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Ahhh, TLee...

Standard bearer of truth and forthrightness. Master of any and all four letter epithets. How invigorating for you to crawl out from beneath your rock. I'm sure all here are that much better for you having shared your remarkable insight and wisdom.

BazzzBazzzabout 17 years ago
Much Better

This was better than When I Get Home. There were a couple of somewhat unbelievable parts but the fact that I felt I wanted more, (I would have liked to see the blackmailers caught), made this a good one.

I also have to agree with our friend from Norcal regarding the infamous General Lee. This mutant leaves a trail of moronic statements throughout this site. Quite the donkey, he is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great story HDK.....*G*

Interesting, full of humor and just a tad sexy....A welcome read...thank you HDK.....

Does anyone but me wonder why TLEE has no stories of his own we can comment on?.I wanna see something that boy has written.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
good loving wife

good story and what sounds like a very good looking wife, the epitome of LOVING WIFE.

keep up the great writting

Mike from Texas

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Lovely Little Tale

I really liked this story, with one caveat that I'll explain below. It's fun to have a tongue-in-cheek tale about married life, where the point is not the heartbreak of infidelity and deception, but rather the intrusion of men of ill-will into a loving relationship where everything comes out more-or-less OK.

The creation of any kind of "gimmick story" is difficult, since hiding the true nature of the gimmick while maintaining the readability of the story is a balancing act. HDK, my hat is off to you for the way you worked the gimmick in the early part of the story, making it clear that the wife would NOT want the pictures made public - but not why. Good job. The entire ramp-up to the confrontation was also handled well, with us wondering whether or not the Black Hats would be able to get what they wanted, and what the repercussions would be of his giving in and then having them send the pictures off anyway. I was left wondering how he would be able to manage the multiple disasters you'd set him up for - security breach, adulterous affair, and management which doesn't abide immoral or untrustworthy actions.

The denouement, where it becomes clear that he did have time to salvage the situation with respect to the corporate espionage - but the Big Bosses are ready to fire him over his indiscretions while on travel. Now, as he is refusing to divulge the truth, his wife walks in to reveal the whole story; she was the one in Vegas who was photographed with him, and so there's an embarrassment, but no immorality. And here's where I dispute the story. I'm willing to believe that the husband is trying to shield his wife from shame by refusing to talk about their encounter, and I'll certainly believe the wife willing to take matters into her own hands and coming to tell the bosses that there was no immorality. But I have a very hard time with the whole attitude of, "we just don't believe you" coming from the whole group, including the wife of the owner. This is a man who has been head of Security for years, has shown his implicit trustworthiness, and whose wife has come to support him in his story. The level of mistrust shown here is so high that if this happened for real, the hero would have to resign because they are showing clearly that they don't trust him. I know that you set up a confrontation of this scale so that we can have the final shocker - the wife proving her love for her husband by baring her body completely to the entire board. Except for this rather silly denouement, this is a fun gimmick story.

michael1950michael1950about 17 years ago
Read rpsuch's add on first.

This story rocks and for a good follow up read rpsuch follow-up he is faithful to the tale and adds a little more fun to the peice, together this is a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Fun story ... well done as always.

I enjoyed reading this... nice job.

Regards, Jack

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
WHO NEW!

"WOUNDERFUL STORY! .............. rich

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Very good

Good plot but should have ended with him telling the board where to shove it.That being said he now has the high ground on the so called moral majority.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadalmost 16 years ago
Time to take a stand at the end

I Think He should have just asked the company to shove the offer where the sun does not shine after the indignation that his wife had to go through.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
awesome

Your stories are wonderful!

theVikingSailortheVikingSailorabout 14 years ago
...but....

This has gotta be the dumbest story ever written...but...it is so sweet that it gets 5 stars from me and should be reasonably high on the all time list.

SPEN STERLINGSPEN STERLINGover 13 years ago
First class

A great read, great twist ending. You could've added yet another twist by having the husband and wife reveal that they had planned the whole thing to get the bonus, but an excellent story well told just as it is!

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 13 years ago
Wonderful

I confess I was nearly overcome with happiness when she first walked - but unsure for the first few paragraphs if it was real or she was just protecting him. But the exchange with the secretary and then the phone call and comment came back - too few stories in this section here celebrate simple life and love as this did - you seem to do that occasionally lol

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
I gave it a 3*** rating.

The story prior to the meeting conflicts with what occured after the meeting.

Sending the photos after receiving the information would not occur because he then would have nothing to lose by going to the police. No blackmailer wants the person blackmailed going to the police.

Finally, the internet is fast but it is not instant. Sending photos takes time, even more so over wireless. Each photo would take at least 5 second to be transmitted. Therefore, grabbing and closing the laptop would terminate the transmission of the emails. Therefore, being alone with and setting next to the person being blackmailed is a risk he would not take.

Since the story is not plausible and because it is contridictory, I cannot justify giving it a higher rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Dwmoroncuck shits the bed again

Once again the oblivious tool posts incoherent comments and elicits laughter and ridicule.

cueball961cueball961over 12 years ago
Awesome!

Yet another great effort and an intriguing plot. I was assuming all along that the blackmail photos were somehow manipulated, as Dan did not seem to have the personality or morals to commit to a casual hookup. How these photos were explained, and the rather extreme lengths that the wife went through to save her husband's job and reputation were entertaining and heartwarming.

I gave this a very high rating. It was a well written and entertaining story. And yet again DWornock is an ass.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 12 years ago
Nice

It"s good to see a husband and wife on the same side for a change.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
should have sued for millions

to much hummilation,should have sued company for slander and false accusations

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
stand by your man/he still could have sued

they came to a bad conclusion even in doubting the wife making her strip.. he should have let them firing him and sue for millions

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

Nice little twist at the end. An entertaining tale. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Very Hot.

&quot;Look at the freckles on the left breast. Then look at the little tattoo just above the pussy my husband is so enthusiastically paying lip service. Then compare them with this!&quot;

Wow that's hot. It's pure fantasy but so erotic.

chytownchytownalmost 11 years ago
Very Entertaining Red****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great!

Great Thanks!!!!

amyyumamyyumover 10 years ago
Cute and entertaining

You devil; 5*

RePhilRePhilabout 10 years ago
A fun read,,,,

To be taken with a smile not seriously and you will enjoy this story immensely

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Hmm my vote disappeared

So I gave it another 5

It is still a great read from a good writer we need to see more from LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Rest of story

I am sure I read some more of this story where Robinson turned out to be the bad one

francis_toliverfrancis_toliverover 9 years ago
Yep,

Great story.

The additional storyline you are thinking of is "And I Love Her" by rpsuch.

Great work HDK.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Ha ha well done

Congrats. Well done and very amusing. Four out of five. I suspected something was up when the blackmailers mentioned they hired a hooker but he picked up the head head instead. I think it would be less over the top and more believable if the wife was was wearing nothing but a bra and panties under the coat. Also a little fear and hesitation by her in taking off her coat would be appropriate. It would be a little sexier if you described their loving making in a bit more detail. But those are minor complaints.

RobsoundRobsoundabout 8 years ago
Fixing a Hole

I sort of expected the wife to have faked the freckle and tattoo to save her husband's job, then round on him afterwards 😀

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17about 8 years ago
Fantastic UNTIL...

There is an obvious lack of ending here. Excellent, simply excellent, up to the absence of a clear ending. Lose 1 star. 4 is all I can give you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
4 stars.

Silly but very fun story!

GoodhueGoodhueover 7 years ago
Third Grade Never Looked So Good!

Kind of an awkward final paragraph to wrap up an otherwise fun romp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Time For Court

I'd of sued ther collective asses, and then quit.

JusttooldJusttooldabout 7 years ago
Best

This is one of the best stories on this site. I just loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Lost a star

For not finishing the story. What happened to the bad guys?

fisheronefisheronealmost 7 years ago
Love triumphs

Wife shows that there is no boundaries to her love.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatalmost 7 years ago
Wow!

No further comment necessary.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 6 years ago
I'm sorry...

"BORDERING" on slander...??

They as much as called him and her liars and Robinson called his wife a slut...

Plus, if they've forwarded the pictures which were obtained illegally, they could probably make a case for invasion of privacy...

As for the bonus, sure, you could argue he was doing what they paid him for... but they didn't pay him to be insulted and embarrassed to protect them...

You could also argue no one knew the bad guy would send the pictures anyway, but if he hadn't and if they'd found out the formula was bogus, he'd have still had the negative repercussions to his life... and that kind of bonus doesn't feel like it repaid him for that risk...

But liked the story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NOT DO IT FOR ME

Story did not do it for me. "Ridiculous" came to mind after I read it. First off, did not feel his extreme reluctance to reveal her identity. Then read comments. So yeah, maybe. But that led on to:. just tell blackmailers "that's my wife, so nothing will really come of your revelation."

Secondly, did not get the tiff in boardroom over her age. Pics too young for 44 YO? Then so is the wife who is standing in front of them (if she's the one on pics). If both are too young for 44, then that's evidence pics and wife are same. But the story has them disbelieving because reality is 44. It is foolish to compare REALITY of wife to appearance of pics. Instead compare APPEARANCE of wife to appearance of pics.

I'll try to check back. Maybe someone can show why these holes are not real holes to keep it from doing it for me.

Paul in Oklahoma

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
GOOD, HONEST PEOPLE

can never be blackmailed or slandered,,,,,they can....but the consequences for being wronged are severe, TK U MLJ LV NV

jneric2691jneric2691over 5 years ago
This was a fun story

I don't know what everyone else was reading, but I thought this story was very entertaining!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Utter piece of shit

Pricing once again the author (a) has no spine; (b) enjoys sucking creampies after watching from the closet; (c) obviously likes to insult readers by providing mind-numbing drivel like this crap.

Not even funny. -10 stars!

StormKing33StormKing33about 5 years ago
5* Short Intense Enjoyable

I enjoyed the twist at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
The board was quite surprised at my sexual harassment lawsuit

I cant believe they were so flabbergasted that I would sue them over them making my wife strip in front of them to keep my job, I also couldnt believe they were so stupid as to not destroy all evidence of that board meeting

By the time my lawyer was done with that "family" business they had to sell their precious recipe to avoid bankrupcy, and I got so much money not even my grandchildren would ever have to work a day in their lives

sirelcsirelcabout 5 years ago
Lol at the negative comments

This isn't the authors best, but it is pretty good.

Sexual harassment. I notice you are anonymous. They didn't keep the files. The dumbass thieves took them and distributed them. Moral issues are in most contracts. They aren't used unless needed. The wife chose to disrobe for her husbands job. They neither expected her to nor asked. You can't have it both ways. You don't like it? Then don't read it and put up uninformed drivel like you know what you are talking about.

I'm just glad this wasn't another loving wives betrayal story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Need A Few More Donna's

In the world, it would be a better place, so obviously I enjoyed it. Ohh, Donna...She was named after one of the very best true love songs from the golden age of rock and roll. Signed: BTW

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Damn got me loved the twist

Did have slight problem with her disrobing but she did it voluntary and he was proud of her body

So no harm no penalty

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Nice. Contrived and at a fairly early point predictable, but nice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
very good

Loved it.

robroy93robroy93almost 4 years ago
Beautiful

Beautiful song and a great story.

Grange_57Grange_57almost 4 years ago
Beatles

I'm loving the stories but loving more the fact that the titles all revolve around Beatles songs. Bravo.............. :-)

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Great little story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Q as in the Quartermaster

Speaking of Q, a query if you please: which stories continue to get comments 13 years after they are posted? Only the good ones I would venture.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Wow

Another one I seem to have missed, and another great twist from HDK. Reading out my *5 key.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 3 years ago
Perhaps Too Much A Purist ...

It is a very small quibble, but exactly WHERE is the ‘adventurous wife?’ In all fairness, if it were posted in any other category, it would not fly so well!

5*

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Absolutely a 10......if i could rate that high!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

I wish I was a hacker, and I'd give this 50-stars!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Good twist on another LW story. There are stories posted here where the wife truly is loving and not a cheating bitch. Good writing

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Oh darn! Another second reading and still good!

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Oh what a surprise. LazyDaysKnight didn't continue after climax. That's different.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years agoAuthor

I do admire the dark angel's ability to keep reading my stories and making childish complaints about each one. He is not surprised that the dozens of my stories he has read do not end as he would like. I am not surprised he keeps reading and bitching. I am amused. I like to keep getting views and comments. He's a big help. Thanks, Angel!

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

There are very dumb few HDK stories that I don't like. This was a really good one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Get shit on Angel. Keep it up Knight! Haha!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

But kind of falls flat at the end. Would have liked blackmailed served a cold dish of revenge somehow.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

LMOL...really nice twist at the end.... Totally faked me out....5 stars

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Great story! Had a good laugh with this very enjoyable read! Thank-you

fredbrownfredbrownabout 2 years ago

I be so befuddled it wouldn't be fair for me to score this one. Reckon I'll go get me a beer and read the next story

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

Story was great. Twisted and turned, ending was the best. BTRH...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

How dare they have a great sex life and even enjoy role play after being married for more than two decades? For goodness sake, don't they know they're too old for that?

Simply scandalous...

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7131 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

SIMILAR Stories