All Comments on 'And The Beat Goes On'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 81 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Mmm ... Not too sure about this one.

I've liked most of your stories and you have a way with character development, but, who the hell was your police consultant in this one?

tazz317tazz317over 11 years ago
ONCE A BEAT COP/UNI

the training takes over and...............TK U MLJ LV NV

nwhalernwhalerover 11 years ago
Interesting read - wrong category perhaps?

The sniping-ninja-navy seal-commando-killers were too much deus ex machina but forgivable.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 11 years ago
If This Had Been From Another Author

I wouldn't have pushed through all 8 pages. Although well-written, this story lacked interesting characters of any redeeming value. With no good guy to root for, the action just spun in the muck. Not my cup of tea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Brilliant!

I love it when someone takes a risk and tries to do something different. I've begun ti get bored with rhis category lately but this story really shocked me. I liked the fact that you told it from a more unlikely point of view as well. instead of the happy couple for some reason you picked the crazy woman and the luckless cop. I think killing her parents was a bit over the top but this is probably the best story in this category in a long time. it was a breath of fresh air from the cuck stories and the sluts who cheat stories Bravo!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
One of the better story

We have been fed with cuck stories since forever and a good approach with a psycho ex gf who couldn't accept rejection and moving on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Rubbish, no redeeming qualities at all to this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Wonderful, lots of redeeming qualities to this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The husband with the cheating wife

got shortchanged. Arresting him for assault and battery? You've got to be kidding! The laws are so screwed up it's not funny. Guy's doing your wife, too damned bad, kill the fucker.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
CRAP

Lost interest after the first page, totally dicombobulated, piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Couldn't get into it

The story was disjointed and without any cohesion. I lost interest before finishing the first page.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
You're going backwards not forwards

This was not only uninteresting but was also three times as long as it needed to be.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 11 years ago
one of the 5 STUPIDEST stories I hve ever read.

This was insufferable horseshit... That is filled with enormous plot holes ...irrational behavior ....inconsistencies out the ass. In short its like a very badly done lifetime for women movie.

As you read the story Fogerty tells us that he realized how mentally disturbed and obsessed Melinda was with Tommy. So naturally of course ... he moves in with her ?

why? we dont know.

But beyond that.. by the end of the story Fogerty knows that Melinda has been using him.... that she has been cheating on him... that she is behind a criminal conspiracy to commit murder.

So we are to believe that at the end of the story Melinda is able to TWICE get the jump on Fogerty a experienced trained veteran police officer who has learned the full deviousness and mentally disturbed evil behavior of Melinda ?

this is a joke right ?

NeuroBillNeuroBillover 11 years ago
What a storyteller!!

'nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
where

where I can find "the Beat" story because i look everywhere and find nothing

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Poor, poor Harry

The venom in him just boils up and he can't think. Melinda got the jump twice on a very, very sick cop who's getting ready to have a stroke, whose blood pressure is on the verge of making his heart explode, and who's trying to process the conflict between what he's learning about her insanity and his obsession for her. Think the dead parents on the sofa might have been a wee distraction? And perhaps a little research on what high blood pressure can actually do to people would be in order? Fact is, a blood-pressure screening probably wouldn't hurt Harry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
what a bunch

of crap

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
where is the first part?

Would love to read the first one, but i cant find it anywhere. Anybody have a clue??

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
This was a Sho' Nuff Page Turner

I'm a sucker for detective novels so this had me from the get-go. The two leading characters were damaged so it was a choppy read. There was some very sloppy and borderline lazy writing by Stang as detailed by Harry.

BUT when the first person narrative perspective from the eyes of Melinda & Fogarty was engrossing. The sociopath vantage point was spot on. Her ability to skew and if need be screw logic and oafs to conform to her twisted view was ... let's just go with spooky & disturbing.

I wasn't able to buy into Fogarty being a sucker/ scrub / sub for Melinda but apart from that his character was believable & sympathetic. The Oprah/ Feminist cliches that Melinda spat intermittently at Fogarty to deflect him from the truth was pitch black humor - deja vu to me unfortunately.

Overall I rate this story as being akin to the proverbial little girl with the curl. When it was good , it was very good as in James Lee Burke-worthy & when it was bad , it was John Doe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Location of The Beat

The Beat can be found at Storiesonline.com under authors, stangstar06

sbart921sbart921over 11 years ago
Well written but too much like MM.

Big tough detective and a sub for the slut; makes no sense.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Exactly

Storiesonline.net StangStar06 (BTW There are stories here LW 17 years old characters and sex in the highschool (not scen only mention the fact), why does not LW editor board allow to publish here "Iraq, I Ran"?????)

HatsudaHatsudaover 11 years ago
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...! *****

Complete package! A few insignificant typos, but an interesting story!

katibkatibover 11 years ago
Oh

You are a good writer, and I've enjoyed your stories; but this one does not do you credit. Your editor, also, was not up to par.

hansbwlhansbwlover 11 years ago
Died her hair?

Dyed I think you meant!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
SOME OF US

HAVE HAD OUR HAIR DIED

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 11 years ago
Another Winner

People can bitch and moan, but somehow you keep rolling these stories out. I have problems with a few of them - the last one was honestly hard to deal with because it was one of the few that I think was just too cruel for my tastes, but nobody gets a hit at bat every time. Even the Babe struck out - and he struck out a lot. For the most prolific writer on this site - at least in the loving wives category (not sure about the rest), you deliver more - and more consistently - than any other currently active writer. And this one was pretty good.

I have no problem with a love sick cop obsessed with a crazy psycho. There have been a lot of noir classics about men led to their doom by a conniving woman. And if you love somebody, and you know they're crazy as a bedbug, you would do whatever you could to save them from their own madness. About the 'black ops' team - well, you see a lot of that in Literotica, but it is fiction and the world is full of real people like that. We just normally don't run into them in the suburbs. Now it is a fact that the crazy Melinda is a more colorful and interesting character than the hero's love interest Julia, but that's the way it happens a lot of times. Hannibal Lector is a much more fascinating character than anybody else in his stories. And, to my mind the lovesick cop is a more interesting character than Tommy. But that's just me - I tend to be more attracted to the walking wounded, to the flawed, than hero types.

Again, a very good story. And to hell with the people who say it's too long. It's only too long if it's dull, and it isn't.

Last, but far from least, my belated congratulations on your marriage. When you find the right one, it changes your life. I wish you and her the best.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 11 years ago
Insane

Fogerty was a complete idiot and Melinda was the most evil crazy bitch that mustang man has ever dreamed up. I didn't like this story much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I hate you assholes

Every week you bastards criticize the writers for writing the same

Story over and over but whenever they don't you hate it. Watch next

Week he'll write something safe and you guys will go back to bitching about

It. Think about this though because I've noticed something. Out of

All the writers here Stang writes the best movies. Most of the stories

Here would be awfully boring flicks but this one would. Be awesome

Hey Stang my hair is died too

TwosheddzTwosheddzover 11 years ago
Very dark but good

Glad Fogarty finally got his head out and ended up with someone deserving.

DragonsbaineDragonsbaineover 11 years ago
Great ending to The Beat love how it all ended Keep up the great work SS06

Great ending to The beat which was a Great story too As always Keep up the great work SS06

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
People can bitch and moan, but somehow you keep rolling these stories out.

I'm bitching and moaning every day when I take a shit too!!

And that's what this and 90% of your stories are, shit.

I couldn't read the whole story, something like DQS's WWWM couldn't finish that piece of crap either.

Time to end the pain Stang. Stop writing.

skipperrskipperrover 11 years ago
Wow, what a disappointment

I kept trying to read this because it was the weekly contribution of one of my favorites, but it was excruciating. I couldn't get any feel for the main character and there was no believability in the storyline. A huge disappointment for my week.

jasonnhjasonnhover 11 years ago
Too Much ...

...Stupid in all one story. It's not dark, just unpalatable. Neither Fogerty or Melinda, the main characters, are likable. If Tommy had shot and killed both of them I would have thought "Thank God". Fogerty, this "good cop, can't tell he is hanging around with a psychopath? Wow, what a great detective. He's lucky he can find the donut shop. The "special forces" guy are over the top as usual and not all that impressive if they can be caught off guard by Melinda. Melinda is a more complex villain than we usually see for a wife but is obviously insane. And all the guys keep falling for her? Why? She isn't that much to look at. She doesn't fuck Fogerty. What is there that has the guys doing crazy stuff for her? Fogerty is infatuated at first sight which by itself feels unbelievable. Everyone else is too? The story is just a bunch of babble.

njlaurennjlaurenover 11 years ago
I liked it

It was loony and at times almost a parody but dqs is right,this is a noir story at its core.The tough cop who breaks the rules because he cares but then gets betrayed by his own blindness is a classic...stang,congrats on the wedding,hopefully the starter in tbe cintage stang still kicks over:)

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
well well

Damn, a proper villain again, love it. She was like the one in Business, down to the dressing up like Tommy’s wife. Well when you write as many as you do some ideas get recycled, and there is nothing wrong with that. Congrats on your marriage. #5

bruce22bruce22over 11 years ago
Strange and Dark

The truth is that I did not enjoy it but appreciate your effort.

FD45FD45over 11 years ago
You forgot one thing

She needed to cook a little girl's pet rabbit for her to TRULY live up to her potential.

LBuddGLBuddGover 11 years ago
Loved it

I honestly don't get these commentators. It's a friggin parody/story. It's different and, in it's way an enjoyable change from the usual LW's. BTW: I have a whereabouts on that hardened ex-con 'clown' Gilbert Gottfried. He and his exceptionally foul mouth have been showing up at those celebrity roasts on the comedy channel. He's often stark raving hysterical....must be from his having stared directly into the sun once too often.

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
Wow..... Very dark ..... I loved it !!!!

Wow, Melinda was the most nuttiest out of all your cheating wives stories. What can I say about fogerty? I don't think he was in love with nutcase Melinda because he didn't know who she really was, she treated fogerty like scum yet he was still gaga over this dirty slut, I actually was getting a bit annoyed with fogerty, I thought he was a little wimpy when it comes to the deranged slut ... I also think he was desperate, he'd have to be to put up with the bullshit Melinda was feeding him, I felt sort for him upto a point but after that I was like get rid of the skank... I like the fact that you had about 3 stories in here, the wife--Mrs.smyth should be ashame of herself, yelling rape when in fact she was just getting royally fucked by her lover. I liked the action & suspense this story had going on. I always wondered why they don't make a psychological evaluation a requirement in order to get married, obviously if tommy had this done he never would've married the psycho. I really really enjoyed it, I absolutely can't wait for next weeks addition...

PeikPeikover 11 years ago
first part is better

first part: "The beat" is better than second "And The Beat Goes On"

I don't understand why "The beat" isn't on literotica but I'm thankful that it was created at all

ValerionValerionover 11 years ago
Pretty good

It was pretty good, all things considered. I certainly like the darker stories. I don't feel like Fogerty got his manhood back though. It'd have been nice to see him be the one to brain the shit out Mel himself. I also noticed the similarities to your other story "Business". Like I said, pretty good.

trashmantxtrashmantxover 11 years ago
Cool Stang

I never heard of a Giugiaro Mustang before, I aways have to google the mustang of the story and this one is the coolest by far.

Great storie as always!

Trashman :P

C_frommnC_frommnover 11 years ago
CRACKED!!!

Melinda is one "sick" bitch. She loved Tommy soooo much she could'nt keep her legs closed... then got seriously pissed when he Moved on and got someone who only needed him. He should have Double Tapped Her.

oldcdawgoldcdawgover 11 years ago
Not one of my favorites

I love your stories, but this one didn't do anything for me. I guess the people in the story were just to unbelievable. I am sure that you will be back on track next time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
John Fogerty?

Seriously... I don't get your use of well known names for characters in your stories. Did somebody once tell you they liked it or you think it's cool? It just makes you look lazy and kind of stupid

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 11 years ago
OK this oine took a bit of work -to read

But it was worth it - Melinda was just too too fucked up - but so was Fogarty.

The guy was a dim wit - and Kate has her work cut out for her ROFL The mind games and the circle jerk worked fine for me - justice was had by all -

It did tend to slow down in a couple of places as Melinda droned but in the end it work out.

I like the way you gave every one happiness in the end psycho included lol./ Interesting mind fuck

SingularMindSingularMindover 11 years ago
Confusing and Incoherent

My rirle sava

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
mess

what a turd story

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
1 a shitty plot all over the place while reading

just weird and hard to follow, characters were jumbled, were you on meth? hahaha

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20almost 11 years ago
A very complicated Cluster Fuck

You write some damn good stories. But this ain't one of them. According to the Surgeon General mescaline ain't good for your mental health?

robinhodrobinhodover 10 years ago
Sorry

I've read all your stories on Lit, mostly more than once. This one I gave up on about page four. I wasn't interested enough even to check the page number.

Great shame, you've got all the talents, I can even tolerate your Mustang fetish, but you must have written this one whilst running a fever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Swing-And-A-Miss

You are one of my favorites on this site, but this one was stillborn. You can do (and have done) better...

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
BEAT ME DADDY WITH A 2x4

catch a robber and make them pay/ TK U MLJ LV NV

saratusaratuabout 10 years ago
Sort of

scrambled all to hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I won't

judge you for your fumbles, some of the other stories almost make up for this. Scotty

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Thoughts

“We still have almost eight hours before they'll begin the search.” – Since they now have evidence of foul play, the 24 hour waiting period shouldn’t apply.

Once Fogerty saw that she had killed her own parents, how he could have let her get close enough to inject him defies logic!

I could see the Fogerty-Kate hook-up coming that first meeting in the hospital.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Stupid, Stupid, Stupid Man

How stupid can one man be? Obviously, Fogerty is quite STUPID.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
STUPID DOES NOT BEGIN TO RELATE TO FOGERTY

He was so fucking stupid he gives new meaning to the term (stupid ) in fact he should have been sharing Melindas accomidations

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
RIDICULOUS

We know you're from Detroit cause you can't write human emotions into a story. Sorry not in this one. This is some bad crap. I stopped reading after the 5th page. Not even worth finishing. Too unreal.

Seriously. What real man wants to go thru life being berated by some half aged over-ego'd primadonna who doesn't respect him, let alone allow him into her emotional state?? Especially after he exorcised her "demons"???

Try placing this in the erotic horror or nonhuman category!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great Story BUT,,,

Learn how to proof read your writings. Write the story, print it, red circle the living fuck out of it, then forget about it for a few weeks. Open it up and ask yourself "Oh my gosh! Good idea, bad writing" then revise it.

Example: When you wrote "Melinda DIED her hair". Scroll up and see. You did this a few times.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Why wasn't "The Beat" published here?

The prequel "The Beat" can be found by searching the internet using "stangstar06".

I wonder why it's not available on Lit with the other 200+ StangStar stories?

@stangstar06 Please submit it!

KayaknhKayaknhalmost 5 years ago
Well it finly happened.....

A SS06 story that sucked.

One scene the cop is win ing a pissing match with his boss, the DA and a mayoral aide.

Next scene he is begging forgiveness from Melinda for no reason.

What a wimp ass character. Shame Melinda didn't kill him.

I stayed with it because I am a SS06 fan. But it was a struggle and ultimately not worth it. 1 star

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Okay story

It's ok. Got kind of tiring after awhile. Just too many rational issues. A cop that is that unreasonable in thinking? A crAzy girl and 4 thugs? Just too much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
God this was terrible.

Just awful.

lee5456lee5456about 4 years ago
😌

Thank you for this very long boring story. I needed a nap

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

So Josh and Eric grab Julia and tied he4 to the sofa at Melissa”s parents house, where the parents are fucking dead.....in the same room.....and they don’t seem to recognize that? Or just ignore it? But then they go nuts when they might get charged with kidnapping and murder? Well boys.....you ALREADY are on the hook for kidnapping Julia. And not reporting two fucking dead people in the SAME ROOM you tied your victim up in is not gonna look to good on your resume.

And don’t get me started on John, the brain dead “detective” who seems to get off on being constantly humiliated by Melissa. Had to give it a two.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Psycho bitch says all

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I agree with those who say that it was a long boring story. Your writing was unnecessary complicated. The change of POV didn't help to help the story flow.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 Stars for sure on this one . A great story and muscle cars a great combo .

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

I give it 5 stars just for being totally and completely crazy 🤪 like seriously wtf was that crazy 😂

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of your best. A bunch of seriously complex characters struggling through their lives and finally finding their own type of happiness.

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 1 year ago

You do crazy women well. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Melinda was and remained utterly delusional and completely selfish and self-centered. She deserved every bit of suffering she went through.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

How do you spell pathetic and deluded? Fogerty, that’s how.

Harvey8910Harvey89103 months ago

I had to plow through this story. It was poorly written and poorly constructed. I give the story only three stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I still enjoy reading both these stories back to back, it crazy fun, Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Couldn't finish I got to page 5 it was way way way to long way to much to keep up with

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Great story, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

I really enjoy the dark humor and bantering dialogue in Stang's writing.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

You lost me. Fruitcake was playin badly due to old clubs, so bot new clubs to slip into basement to swap out wit old clubs in basement. Really?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous